i give up

Guest wellbredbitch

Guest wellbredbitch

my game was crashing before the menu even came up so started over. after uninstalling all mods and deleting the game and dlcs. i download and reinstalled the game and dlcs. i started a new game and everything is normal.

when i click on playi see the bethesda presents etc abd i can hear the normal wagon wheels rolling sound etc and when the scene fades up i see this 

and it stays that way until i give up and ctrl alt delete.

i've scratched my head as to what it could be causing the jumbled images.

i ran the steam tool that checks the installed game cache and it found a file missing and replaced it.

but when i started the game it was the same as before.

any ideas please?

1. Make sure you ran FNiS for Users (if installed)

2. Go back to the main menu and choose to start a new game again OR

3. Don't have other mods then the DLCs and fixes active when starting a new game/still playing the tutorial as the first safe place for mods is after leaving the cave.

Not all mods check the progress of the first quest to start at an appropriate time and the initialization of many mods can take way to long so you end up at the driver seat or on the road.

So the safest method is #3 and you better never activate more then 5 mods at once.

Whereby this can be bypassed with alternate start, where all mod initialize in the new starting cell and from there you can start your game as normal. But be aware that some mods may break the tutorial in one way or another.

Guest wellbredbitch

i'm doing it all again.   as i type. i deleted all folders related to the game after i unistalled it again. now i'm downloading it again.  while i'm waiting for the install to complete i'm watching the trailers for ESO. is the female elf mage character fucking awesome or what? i would kneel at her feet. she could take the rogue and the barbarian no problem.

He just said he has no mods on that save judge, nor any custom animation, it's vanilla skyrim. Only problems i can think of that'd cause that would be the skyrim folder in "My Games" or a performance issue.

It is a KNOWN issue with FNIS, if you read through all the threads in the Nexus download, you will see it.

Two ways to fix it, Don't run the esps that come with FNIS til after the tutorial dungeon or load Sexlab and apps before starting. First option is less buggy.

EDIT: FNIS is a mod, and provides custom animations.

EDIT: (again) check Vsynch settings - evidently changing the value of iPresentInterval can fix this and limiting fps to 30 as well, one user reported having to reinstall/reconfigure video drivers to get past that.

It is a KNOWN issue with FNIS, if you read through all the threads in the Nexus download, you will see it.

Two ways to fix it, Don't run the esps that come with FNIS til after the tutorial dungeon or load Sexlab and apps before starting. First option is less buggy.

EDIT: FNIS is a mod, and provides custom animations.

EDIT: (again) check Vsynch settings - evidently changing the value of iPresentInterval can fix this and limiting fps to 30 as well, one user reported having to reinstall/reconfigure video drivers to get past that.

And if you read through this very post you'll notice he said the bug is appearing even though he has no mods

Vanilla skyrim, there's no FNIS on his game, no Sexlab, and it still bugs. Unless you're saying FNIS has anchored this glitch into his hard disk I can hardly see how this is relevant, since he's now running a game without FNIS. 

Your performance advice in your second edit is more likely to help him than to install and run FNIS on an unmodded game  :D

You mentioned deleting the folders. Make sure you delete the folders related to skyrim in MyDocuments as well.

And by deleting folders, I hope you mean you manually went into steam directory and deleted files.

Also if you're not using steam version no one is going to help you. Installing a fresh install via steam will not cause any issues; so no idea whats going on.

Also if you're not using steam version no one is going to help you. Installing a fresh install via steam will not cause any issues; so no idea whats going on.

i ran the steam tool that checks the installed game cache and it found a file missing and replaced it.

Doh. Can't back out of this one. Not going to ninja-edit either. You got me. I should learn to read a little better myself.

I think that you must have some bits left behind somewhere from an old game.

Documents/my games/Skryim will have stuff in there that needs to be deleted. You can simple delete the entire Skyrim folder for that matter (a new game will create a fresh, new one for you).

Also appdata/local/Skyrim may have something in there left over.

Guest wellbredbitch

i am sorry for my absence. i'm back to sort this out now.     i took your advice and checked the folders you mention. documents/mygames/skyrim  is empty now. appdata/local/skyrim is deleted too.

i ran the integrity check and it found a file missing again. clicked play and new and after a long loading screen the screen faded up to.... exactly the same as my screen shot.

i've used the steam deleter and am about to install again. i thought i'd ask if there is anything i can check before i install?

I actually suggest bypassing the opening scene by using Live Another Life mod. You can then select "I'm a prisoner" and get the normal into. This way you can do the character select and other things first. Gives time for Skyrim to boot up properly before the opening scene.

Guest wellbredbitch

i spent ages searching through every accesible folder on my harddrive. everything that said skyrim or nmm i deleted.  i ran the steam integrity tool again and it found 191 files missing and reaquired them. i hope this works.   when i start the game should i load it with the dlcs and the official high res texture packs or just the vanilla game?

Do you have a gamepad or other controller connected to your PC?

if yes, try with it disconnected.

I play with a controller. And when I start a new game I have to wait until I can access my menu to activate the controller unless I went into the .ini activated it that way first. Up until that point you can still use the keyboard and mouse, though.

This is a good catch, though, and being a controller user I shouldn've picked up on this myself. :doh: