Jump to content

FATAL FRAME II: Crimson Butterfly REMAKE [Req Mod]


Recommended Posts

Posted
8 hours ago, tukasa27 said:

Frame drops: possible, but I have not measured anything, so I can't say. If the grass really reacts across the whole map, it would not surprise me.

 

A quick fix to try: put the original bounding box back with a hex editor. It is six floats (min x, y, z, then max x, y, z), 0x14 bytes into the G1MG chunk. In the two .g1m files of the mod, before they are packed into the .fdata:

 

Mio (0xcade596e.g1m), 24 bytes at offset 0x3DEC0
  now:      DA 24 3F C2 7C F9 43 C1 B2 EB 50 C1 4E 66 00 7E 4E 4B 60 6C 4E 66 00 7E
  original: DA 24 3F C2 D1 29 31 BC 96 77 51 C1 DA 24 3F 42 8B DC 19 43 93 85 96 41

 

Mayu (0x7dcc4616.g1m), 24 bytes at offset 0x2AD98
  now:      DA 24 3F C2 0F 1E 37 C1 51 91 8D C1 92 DC 15 43 E2 CC 19 43 47 C1 14 43
  original: DA 24 3F C2 BB 9B 8C BF 93 1D 7A C1 DA 24 3F 42 E2 CC 19 43 2C A1 9A 41

 

The original values are about (-47.8, 0, -13.1) to (47.8, 153.9, 18.8) for Mio and (-47.8, -1.1, -15.6) to (47.8, 153.8, 19.3) for Mayu. The vertices your models actually draw fit inside those boxes, as far as I could measure, so the original numbers should be fine as they are.

 

The offsets are for the files in V2. If you export again, the chunk may move; search for the "now" bytes instead, or look for G1MG ("GM1G" in the file) and go 0x14 bytes in.

I have not tried this myself - I only read t as something to test, not a confirmed fix.It also only hides the symptom. The leftover junk in the vertex buffers of the removed parts is still there, and the exporter will write a broken box again on thrtices get sane values.

 

What else the box is used for: I don't know. I have not traced it in the game. A box like this is normally used to decide whether a model is on screen; I have no evidence that animations use it, and you say triggers look fine. The grass is the only thing I can connect to it, and even that is a guess from the numbers.

Thank you for this information and hopefully the one who made the mod, or anyone who wants to try fix the mod (remember to credit them), can look into the issue XD

Posted
On 2026/10/6 at AM7点34分, eightballblaze said:

这也可能导致帧数下降,因为每次加载地图时草地都会响应?有什么快速解决办法吗?XD

 

这个盒子还能处理其他动画吗?比如触发器似乎没问题。

That seems to be the cause. Thank you so much for explaining. I spotted the issue, but I have no clue how to fix it. I can only hope the mod's author will patch it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...