Kendo 2's Gomorrah Brimstone WIP Thread (DEAD)

Kendo 2

I'm sorry to hear you were having so much aggravation. As a recent TTW adopter, I don't

feel any urgency to catch the train to the West Coast; I honestly enjoyed the DLC's more

than the main game with New Vegas. Nice place to visit, but I'd rather not live there.

Hopefully I'll run into you in FO3. My offer of music resources still stands for any projects

you undertake in the future.

This is like being in a desert, seeing an oasis in the distance, with lovely ladies, serving fancy drinks, and fabulous foods; only to realize that it was all a mirage, disguising a bikini clad orangutan in the process of finishing off a two-liter Mountain Dew.

That's exactly how I feel.  Imagine struggling up a towering sand dune where every step you take puts you back three.  That's what esp work for New Vegas was like for me.  I literally wasted a month's worth of my free time on this project.  I understand that people can mod NV and script for it and not have any problems.  That isn't the case for me and I'm tired of stuggling with it and I am fed up.  If I had been using the FO3 Geck and the associated utilities this mod would be DONE by now.  Just as a test I typed out a script that refuses to compile in the NV Geck into the FO3 Geck.  It compiled and worked in-game without a hitch.  Same game engine, same script, same script language.  That tells me the NV Geck is more fucked up than I thought.

Hopefully someone will pick up this project because I am done with New Vegas.  I never was a huge fan to begin with but this little misadventure cured me of what enthusiasm I had for modding it.   I'm going back to FO3.  At least I CAN mod that without jumping through hoops to get the most basic things working.

This is like being in a desert, seeing an oasis in the distance, with lovely ladies, serving fancy drinks, and fabulous foods; only to realize that it was all a mirage, disguising a bikini clad orangutan in the process of finishing off a two-liter Mountain Dew.

More like the sparkling water brand Cactus (get it? in a desert?)

But ah it's disappointing so see where this ended up, but even more worse that two months are down the drain. :(

Oh well :D

I spent a wee bit of time looking at these WIP screenshots again ( with "The Way We Were" playing in my head). Since so much already seems to have been completed, might it possible to aim for a finished Gomorrah "makeover" of the first floor and basement, in lieu of the previously planned total overhaul?

Basically, looking for the patented K2 girlie conversions, costumes, and chica boom boom dancers, as placed, packaged, and promoted in the previews.

A shame you've gotten fed up with New Vegas Tools but I can sorta understand. I tried making a simple companion mod and did not understand all that gibberish with scripts and such so I can't even imagine how frustrating it could be from someone who understands such things.

I hope you come back to New Vegas someday as I enjoy your mods. :) Still, if it's not fun for you, then there's no reason to push yourself to finish something that's making you miserable. Have fun!

TTW uses the NV GECK.  I'm done with broken utilities that require player made patches to work.  IF it is possible (I don't know) to adapt an esp made with the FO3 Geck (that is not broken, btw) to TTW then I might go that route.  I use TTW and this Brimstone mod was made to be incorporated later.  That is what I intended all along.  BUT, I never go to the New Vegas side of TTW.  I use TTW as a weapon mod for FO3 and that's it really.

We all have our own preferences I guess. TTW also makes FO3 a lot smoother and brings it a bit more up to date.

I only ever managed a single play through of vanilla FO3. The bullets were just weird and they moved so slowly, the repair system is also funky. Eh, so many things irritated me about FO3, but I guess they probably wouldn't have had I not played fnv first.

It IS definitely a glorious wasteland though once you run it via TTW. (becomes a lot less crash prone too)

But, I like both wastelands, for different reasons.

There really shouldn't be any problems making it TTW compatible though, there are lots of mods made for FO3 (with the FO3 geck I presume) that have been converted to run in TTW. Even one of yours I was playing just the other day, the chryslus bar and grill?

I think whoever converted it mixed something up, the stage dancers don't work properly until you change their scripts a bit and the quest marker never updates. The actual place looks pretty wicked though.

Supposedly one can convert almost any existing FO3 mod with about ten minutes

of labor (and probably a few hours of head scratching followed by enraged primate behavior in my case).

I'm am going to attempt to do a conversion, and the first thing I'll try is your Raider Dolls

mod. If AWOP can be made to work, it seems the kind of stuff you do would work as well.

I'm inclined to move my mod in progress to the DC area too; it makes a lot more

sense, given it's theme.  We just need to get some more people to lobby Vurt to add

some vines to his FO3 Flora overhaul. The Lincoln Memorial covered in vines = Win :)

Archived