Shivering Isles

Backupfly

I got the GOTY edition this past steam sale, and so far, CLS has been working brilliantly. Up until the point where I need to go to the Shivering Isles. For some reason, I cannot start that quest, and therefore can't continue with CLS. I read online that I have to ask the guards in Bravil for rumours, and they will say something about an island popping up, allowing you to start the quest. I have asked every single guard, but nothing. Anyone else has had this problem? Is there any way to 'force start' shivering isles via the console or something?

You mean for the shivering isle island to pop up? It pops up for me after a certain amount of time in game I jut play till I get a message stating that a island has appeared.

This is how it happens for me also, confusing at first, since I had no idea what it meant!!! ;)

So I just wait a long time for SI to appear? I've been playing CLS for a while, taking my time, waiting and sleeping at times for almost whole days. How much longer might it take?

I was asking all the guards for rumours, but none of them mentioned the island. I thought that was a requirement for the island to open, but once I swam there, everything worked out fine. I should have just gone there in the first place, but I was under the impression it would not open until it became a quest to go explore.

Now I got there and on an unrelated note, i'm trying to solve the puzzle and going crazy, I don't get it at all, everything is blurry so seeing the columns and coulours is hard, and even checking the walkthrough, i havent solved it. Giving it a few more tries, it can't be that i can't solve it. 

Archived