Jump to content

Sonic Racing: Crossworlds


asdf732

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, Catnatic said:

There's one but it's said to be a third party edit:

d9e79a255b2c48945320dd19687ac0b9.png?15501358

 

Here's some more anthro feet from Adam Bryce Thomas:

d7731ce87c113d345bc97d2bb74a10b4.jpg44c6342bbda445ffed91b94adc39ba5c.jpgb030585ab1ac2c05c00df8afd1c485d5.jpg

92b73f4f7735c671c1beabc056d4e5f1.jpgf01c0e6d4a9583a65ba9324166a80212.jpg1d56c2c68b2c91c206b0eb88adccea27.jpg

 

There's also this guy, Sonic-Ray, on DeviantArt (of course) who made quite a lot of paw edits for Sonic characters, and I'd say they're definitely how I'd imagine these characters' feet to look like: 

dgpkw9t-5f4e0c06-c1a8-4432-9711-ca82bab4e41d.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi8xMWE2Mzk5NS1kODBjLTQ0ODYtYTFiNy1kMjI4Yzk4NmYxNjUvZGdwa3c5dC01ZjRlMGMwNi1jMWE4LTQ0MzItOTcxMS1jYTgyYmFiNGU0MWQucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.L8s672Y0IUmqgG08xhtACj73jQTdWr9fbrHyj0q-1iotails_no_gloves__paw_edit_20__by_sonic_ray_dh21bjb-375w-2x.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzEzIiwicGF0aCI6Ii9mLzExYTYzOTk1LWQ4MGMtNDQ4Ni1hMWI3LWQyMjhjOTg2ZjE2NS9kaDIxYmpiLTgwMzJiODM0LWMwMzQtNDA4MC1iMmNjLTNlODRhYzI0M2EwNC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9NTI0In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.KrIBJa-u1UHR_mB0JucQF0rAGj_BkViK3IU5DIb5U_Udgyz87g-fbd5c2cc-442f-47eb-a820-e52cb8fb8471.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi8xMWE2Mzk5NS1kODBjLTQ0ODYtYTFiNy1kMjI4Yzk4NmYxNjUvZGd5ejg3Zy1mYmQ1YzJjYy00NDJmLTQ3ZWItYTgyMC1lNTJjYjhmYjg0NzEuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.9JfC7wVwzRdKVkMfwRqKSW4cN11vR4PzVLyIzMNneMgkit__paw_edit_02__by_sonic_ray_di2fsr7-fsonic_and_tails__paw_edit_04__by_sonic_ray_diunc3p-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NDQ2IiwicGF0aCI6Ii9mLzExYTYzOTk1LWQ4MGMtNDQ4Ni1hMWI3LWQyMjhjOTg2ZjE2NS9kaXVuYzNwLTVkNzVlNzdiLTdhOTgtNGRkMS04NDExLWMzZDRlYjAwOWRlZS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTIxOSJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.HZgwgmq20yKwNFuqJqjgwWUVXC7qBeqFNbLXTKqIhxQ

I'm starting to get the appeal of barefooted Sonic characters, and I think them having cartoony animal paws help with that.

I'm still going to keep the shoes and gloves on my models to reduce the workload though, not to mention their accessories are complementary to their designs anyway.

I just want the boys to have their junk naturally visible while have the girls as casually naked as the guys.

 

At the end of the day we're all wrong since blob feet are the cannon feet.

 

These do look good but it still has my main issue with the "roundedness" which is why I prefer more human like feet.

I made a quick drawing to show what I mean while also being my personal "ideal" paw design. It follows the same principle as the human foot design.


Like mentioned before, they're cartoon characters so it's not like it's really important at all but I prefer more slim feet and I think it looks nice.

 

Haha, the appeal for me is seeing full nudity.

 

Paws.jpg

Posted
10 minutes ago, Murbor said:

Throwing my two cents into the arena, my personal preference would be to leave the characters' shoes on and avoid the issue entirely, lol.

 

I mean if you make one of each (blob, paw and feet) that would make most people happy. Feels like this issue is always avoided and we need to advance, develop, and progress lol

 

We can't keep avoiding full nudity! We need to have fully stripped characters! Remove the accessories! Remove the clothes! Remove everything! In front of the whole stadium and crowd of fans!

Posted
50 minutes ago, Frosty_Kiwi said:

 

I mean if you make one of each (blob, paw and feet) that would make most people happy. Feels like this issue is always avoided and we need to advance, develop, and progress lol

 

We can't keep avoiding full nudity! We need to have fully stripped characters! Remove the accessories! Remove the clothes! Remove everything! In front of the whole stadium and crowd of fans!

More work for the modders, so you ultimately don't get to decide unless you mane it yourself, lol.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Catnatic said:

This was apparently drawn by Adam Bryce Thomas, one of the artists for official Sonic media, so we do have a semi-official interpretation of Blaze's bare feet (and pussy!) for reference. Much better than SEGA's proposed blob feet, and cuter to look at than human feet.

d05559f789a552325de9298542eebac9.png

Here's one for Tangle and Whisper as well, by the same artist: https://x.com/AdamBryceThomas/status/1361501520483799042

a2e902bcb63d3a35c52fd3aa74032a23.jpg

By the way, I think I'm pretty much done with Tangle's featureless nude body including the texture maps so her bare body is actually furry which looks pretty good to me.

I'm content enough that I could very well import her model edit into the game right now, although I'm limited to seeing her on the character select screen at the moment.

image.png.341e6c06807143649014e8337efd369b.png

Now I shall focus on Whisper's base body for the next couple days.

I recently redid her body with better topology including rounder and bigger breasts than my previous draft. Just need to fix up her UV mapping and textures right now.

Yes, her featureless body will have boobs, just with no nipples. If we can see the cleavage on these Sonic girls such as Rouge, I'm giving them boobs instead of chest mound.

 

 

im not gunna argue about this but the blob feet are superior.

 

if you like realistic feet fine

 

but for how fast they run and how their weight needs to be spread out blob feet are the more realistic choice.

 

 

like if we are talking realism then its not animal feet they would need to run at mach 10

 

its blobs to spread out that weight and allow for less traction, but you do you.

 

just don't claim its realistic when its not.

 

 

keep in mind the blob feet also likely do not have bones, which would mean them running as fast as they do would not make their feet hurt.

 

like i said im not arguing because i REALLY do not care as its all preference

 

but if you want it to be "realistic" or "on model" then sega is what you should go with not irl animals.

Edited by FemBoiLover101
spelling errors. it made my autisitc brain need to be scratched.
Posted (edited)

one last thing before i stop talking and go back to lurking

 

sonic could not run on water with spring step feet

 

it would be impossible. no matter how fast he is. if not for his blob feet he'd sink like a rock.

 

even the jesus lizard needs to spread its weight to do so.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdUcRoQkiJ4

 

 

and yes despite what the "fandom and newer media" may claim we've seen sonic run on water.

 

just because he drowns in it doesn't mean he cannot run on it.

 

even if you cannot swim and sink like a chimpanzee, you still have preservation instincts this is the same for hedgehogs.

 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lft02DuvqnQ

 

Edited by FemBoiLover101
edit changed to links
Posted (edited)

I had the impression he could run on water due to his shoes, with a similar principle as specialist offroaders being able to hydroplane due to the wheels having sort of scoop shaped treads on them.

 

 

I guess in Crossworlds they just have the vehicles turn into amphibious ones, so they wouldn't need anything like this, but characters on foot would emulate this still.

Edited by kyattoman
Posted
6 hours ago, ClosetOfDoom said:

More work for the modders, so you ultimately don't get to decide unless you mane it yourself, lol.

 

Like I said I'm still learning so it'll be while for for I can do anything up to standard/ with quality, tried my best with the modeling I've done to this point. Since it's something niche and not many wanted to tackle.
 

More so hoping. I'm not forcing anyone or saying it will happen. Just some people want it and need it to be real one day. 

 

I hope my words aren't coming out as forced or it NEEDS to be my way, since I think everyone's ideas are really good and showcases a great variety of ideas and reasons for what they like

It's all in fun and I think after all this we have good ideas, have deeper insight as to what people like and don't like about Sonic character feet. Just wanted some discussion about all this. Though this'll be my last post about this topic here until I have anything worth sharing like a full model or something, some day.

Posted
2 hours ago, FemBoiLover101 said:

im not gunna argue about this but the blob feet are superior.

 

if you like realistic feet fine

 

but for how fast they run and how their weight needs to be spread out blob feet are the more realistic choice.

 

 

like if we are talking realism then its not animal feet they would need to run at mach 10

 

its blobs to spread out that weight and allow for less traction, but you do you.

 

just don't claim its realistic when its not.

 

 

keep in mind the blob feet also likely do not have bones, which would mean them running as fast as they do would not make their feet hurt.

 

like i said im not arguing because i REALLY do not care as its all preference

 

but if you want it to be "realistic" or "on model" then sega is what you should go with not irl animals.

Mate, we're talking aesthetics here. No one is even arguing about the realistic practicality of feet, which is already a moot point when the characters always wear shoes.

But even if they don't wear shoes, do you not realise that the fastest animal on our planet is bare pawed? If real animals can have their feet handle fast speed, I'm sure these anthro animal characters have no problem running barefooted as well because it's almost as if they're built differently to regular humans.

I mean they're cartoon animals for crying out loud, of course these characters can physically handle things that no regular person could in real life.

It should go without saying that suspension of disbelief is required for what these cartoon characters can do.

Posted
3 hours ago, AsiagoSandwich said:

My take is that if you have five digits up top, you should have five down low too. Keep things uniform

Careful, your OCD is showing, lol.

Posted (edited)

Not to bring too much attention on that other site, but that other site will be shutting down in a few months and it's the only place where you can download the on-model nude Sage mod. If you haven't made an account there already, it's too late for that now because registrations have been closed.

 

However, I can provide alternative download links to my mods in case of an event like that happens. Once I'm done with Tangle and Whisper, I'll set up a repository of all my mods for Sonic Racing: CrossWorlds on my GitGud account and my Proton Drive.

 

By the way, I recently did Whisper's texture maps (for brown body) and just fixed up her UV mapping and weight painting so her model is almost done.

I'm just working out her canonical yellow fur texture at the moment based on the info we got.

image.png.63abf59993d9a70d629ce091e028041e.png

 

Yes, her yellow furry back tapers to a point right between her shoulder blades:

image.png.cf4d72f4111c89d835fc737d2de871f9.pngimage.png.da1566ac3af502f171a9551155ac69f4.pngimage.png.dded6b6c421db59083918a9faa0a8d45.png

Edited by Catnatic
Added reference images
Posted
9 hours ago, bolids said:

is there any nude or nsfw mods for the switch version? if not, thats fine

Most mods are for PC only. There is none for Switch. I think it is possible for modders to port it to the Switch version. Character, UI, and sound mods should be possible. Stage mods, idk.

Posted
14 hours ago, Catnatic said:

Not to bring too much attention on that other site, but that other site will be shutting down in a few months and it's the only place where you can download the on-model nude Sage mod. If you haven't made an account there already, it's too late for that now because registrations have been closed.

 

However, I can provide alternative download links to my mods in case of an event like that happens. Once I'm done with Tangle and Whisper, I'll set up a repository of all my mods for Sonic Racing: CrossWorlds on my GitGud account and my Proton Drive.

A shame, given that its the only place left that wasn't policing the niche fictional categories as a forum but you can say it was inevitable with the growth leading to more bad actors in the space overwhelming it. I don't doubt the cost side of the shutdown will be reflecting on other sites in general as well.
AI has truly doomed the internet.

 

 

37 minutes ago, SonicModLover said:

some nsfw title screens would be nice ngl

Its a single splash screen tho. In contrast, you can compare to the nsfw login screen for ZZZ and its a huge difference on the benefit of such a mod, or at least thats my interpretation of such a mod.

Posted
51 minutes ago, Unkwn37 said:

 

Its a single splash screen tho. In contrast, you can compare to the nsfw login screen for ZZZ and its a huge difference on the benefit of such a mod, or at least thats my interpretation of such a mod.

I still like the detail of it, I have a mod manager profile for sfw mods and nsfw mods, so it would be nice to have more of a difference in ui/presentation depending on the profie I am using I guess, I just like the the little details of it I guess. I understand what you are getting at though

Posted
17 minutes ago, SonicModLover said:

I still like the detail of it, I have a mod manager profile for sfw mods and nsfw mods, so it would be nice to have more of a difference in ui/presentation depending on the profie I am using I guess, I just like the the little details of it I guess. I understand what you are getting at though

I can see your side too. Small details enhance the overall experience after all.

Soon as someone edits the goo to white, the title screen can be changed to hotload edition with all the NSFW mods possible lol

Posted
16 hours ago, Catnatic said:

Not to bring too much attention on that other site, but that other site will be shutting down in a few months and it's the only place where you can download the on-model nude Sage mod. If you haven't made an account there already, it's too late for that now because registrations have been closed.

 

However, I can provide alternative download links to my mods in case of an event like that happens. Once I'm done with Tangle and Whisper, I'll set up a repository of all my mods for Sonic Racing: CrossWorlds on my GitGud account and my Proton Drive.

 

By the way, I recently did Whisper's texture maps (for brown body) and just fixed up her UV mapping and weight painting so her model is almost done.

I'm just working out her canonical yellow fur texture at the moment based on the info we got.

image.png.63abf59993d9a70d629ce091e028041e.png

 

Yes, her yellow furry back tapers to a point right between her shoulder blades:

image.png.cf4d72f4111c89d835fc737d2de871f9.pngimage.png.da1566ac3af502f171a9551155ac69f4.pngimage.png.dded6b6c421db59083918a9faa0a8d45.png

Where is someplace safe online to store the mods from the other site until we can get a PC?

Posted
2 hours ago, Unkwn37 said:

I can see your side too. Small details enhance the overall experience after all.

Soon as someone edits the goo to white, the title screen can be changed to hotload edition with all the NSFW mods possible lol

 

I'm still surprised no one has replaced any of the decals yet. Other then the one Wave mod, I've not seen any crop up.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Zorai said:

 

I'm still surprised no one has replaced any of the decals yet. Other then the one Wave mod, I've not seen any crop up.

Maybe its a situation of why bother?

Like for those who want it its a no brainer, but maybe its a not worth it due to how little it impacts the gameplay/visuals overall situation?

Catnatic (I believe) has made a point before that its fun to think about the narrative that led to the character being nude thus the on model fits well or as another put it: The simple enjoyment of exhibitionism without the other racers realizing they are racing next to a nude blaze (for example).

In a similar mindset, how would a decal really affect such a train of thought when you are moving a high speeds while constantly drifting and turning vs the whole model itself? It's not as easily appreciated even in just the lobby since you sit there for a small amount of time as well having only about 30-40 seconds to even view other racers if you don't need to make adjustments after selecting your track vote and less if you are making changes to your vehicle and loadout.

Or at least, that's how I see it.

 

could just be its too much of a hassle to do?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Rokabur said:

Where is someplace safe online to store the mods from the other site until we can get a PC?

I thought the second paragraph made it pretty clear where I'm planning to store all my mods after I release the nude mods for Tangle and Whisper.

 

2 hours ago, Unkwn37 said:

Maybe its a situation of why bother?

Like for those who want it its a no brainer, but maybe its a not worth it due to how little it impacts the gameplay/visuals overall situation?

Catnatic (I believe) has made a point before that its fun to think about the narrative that led to the character being nude thus the on model fits well or as another put it: The simple enjoyment of exhibitionism without the other racers realizing they are racing next to a nude blaze (for example).

In a similar mindset, how would a decal really affect such a train of thought when you are moving a high speeds while constantly drifting and turning vs the whole model itself? It's not as easily appreciated even in just the lobby since you sit there for a small amount of time as well having only about 30-40 seconds to even view other racers if you don't need to make adjustments after selecting your track vote and less if you are making changes to your vehicle and loadout.

Or at least, that's how I see it.

 

could just be its too much of a hassle to do?

I don't think most gooners care about any sort of narrative fluff in these mods so I doubt that's the reason why.

I mean if anything, you could still justify the cum splash because it was literally warped by the warp ring out of somewhere.

I'm guessing that modders just don't know how to change the goo effect, while I don't care much for it to be changed.

 

41 minutes ago, Murbor said:

I'm not fond of the comic characters, but this gets a thumbs up from me for having big breasts(...)

 

By the way, has anyone here ever tried to do NSFW mods for characters who aren't normally part of the game? Characters like Tikal and so forth. I don't recall it ever being discussed, but this is a long thread, so maybe I just missed it. I would really enjoy seeing mods for big tiddy Tikal and Honey the Cat.

Unlikely because there's only like very few of us who has actually bothered to mod, and I rather abstain from borrowing characters models from GameBanana to use as a base to nudify them because I don't like upsetting fellow modders like that.

 

Also, I find it amusing you don't care for the recurring comic characters but you do for a character who hardly makes any appearance in the games, because she's dead long before the events of the first Sonic game even. And also a one-off character from Fighting Vipers (although I do wish Honey the Cat returns as an actual character).

Edited by Catnatic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...