Mesh Rigger (Skyrim, Fallout, Oblivion) Beta.89.f (10-26-2014)

Possibly a dumb question, but wasn't quite sure after reading the use. 

To add in HDT or TBBP to an armor or clothing mesh do I.

a. Select file, template, and a the body which I'm using, in this case the project citrus body at zero weight, preserve skeleton, then target, mesh, the zero weight armor mesh I'm wanting to be HDT or TBBP? With search distance 10, vertex 4, replace weights, delete all weights, replace bones, replace partitions, female only, and all materials selected all of the others not selected.

b. Same as above but using a CBBE HDT weighted clothing item zero weight, to a UNP non weighted clothing item zero weight. Same armor.

I'm not really seeing any results and I'm sure it's user error.

is there any way to get the python screen to stay up after it's done? I THINK it's generating an error message, but I can't tell...

I'm using the version of your toolbox with all the batch files.

There are two ways. For everyone who wants to know what's going on behind there when mesh_rigger crashes:

1. quickly screencapture the moment that it crashes. you must be really, really nimble.

2. do not use the batch files that come with this package. instead, open the cmd window, and specify the pythonpath and the script path by yourself. then the window will not close after crashing.

for example,

C:\Users\your_name> d:\path\to\mesh\rigger\Python\Python-Portable.exe d:\path\to\mesh\rigger\Python\App\Scripts\mesh_rigger.py

- or -

C:\Users\your_name> d:
D:\> cd d:\path\to\mesh\rigger\Python
D:\path\to\mesh\rigger\Python> Python-Portable.exe App\Scripts\mesh_rigger.py

- or if you have python such as python3.4.1 64bit, just something like -

C:\Users\your_name> C:\Python34\python.exe d:\path\to\mesh\rigger\Python\App\Scripts\mesh_rigger.py
hope this helps!
  • 2 weeks later...

I've run into an odd bit of a problem. I'm trying to add bbp bones to the exeter meshes, and after running mesh rigger, the offsets are incorrect. In game, the mesh is high and behind where it should be. I looked through the log, but nothing seems unusual. Anyone else seen something similar, or otherwise have any ideas?

I'm using the default settings for rigger if that makes any difference.

Which version of Mesh rigger are you running?

0.46 on the front page, or one of the more recent experimental versions deeper in the thread? (I probably should update the OP with a more recent build, but every build so far has a problem with *something*)

Adequately compensating for the *shockingly* wide variety of methods used to position meshes in Skyrim was one of the main drivers behind the latest versions.

Here is the most up-to-date public version of my experimental tools package, including Mesh rigger.

Portable Package 0.89.e (includes Mesh Rigger):Tools RC_89.e.7z

Scripts Only Package 0.89.e: Tools RC_89_e_Light.7z

Changelog:

Lots of stuff.

Enjoy.

It sounds like the _0 and _1 weight bodies did not get re-rigged during the same mesh rigger run.

When the tool runs, it will check the end of the file names to determine which mode it should operate in. In order for Mesh Rigger to properly handle weight slider compatible nifs:

Here's what you want to do (Skyrim nifs only)

1. Ensure that both the _0 and _1 nifs that you want to re-rig are present in the same folder. This ensures that the tool will recognize the nifs as being components of a single weight slider.

2. Ensure that the template nif that you use ends with either _0.nif or _1.nif. This tells the tool which body should receive the copied weights first.

When the tool runs, if it detects weight slider compatible nifs, it will perform a few additional steps.

A. First, it compares the base locations and normals of each vertex on both nifs and stores the offsets. This gives the tool the ability to seamlessly convert one nif into the other.

B. Next, it attempts to determine whether the template matches the _0 or _1 nif. The weights will be copies between the most compatible nif (file name comparison only).

C. Finally, after the first nif is re-rigged and saved, the tool will apply the saved offset data from A to convert a copy of the re-rigged nif into the second nif.

This ensures that the linked weight slider compatible nifs are completely identical in every respect except for vertex location and vertex normals and should ensure full weight slider compatibility.

Which version of Mesh rigger are you running?

0.46 on the front page, or one of the more recent experimental versions deeper in the thread? (I probably should update the OP with a more recent build, but every build so far has a problem with *something*)

Adequately compensating for the *shockingly* wide variety of methods used to position meshes in Skyrim was one of the main drivers behind the latest versions.

Here is the most up-to-date public version of my experimental tools package, including Mesh rigger.

Portable Package 0.89.e (includes Mesh Rigger):attachicon.gifTools RC_89.e.7z

Scripts Only Package 0.89.e: attachicon.gifTools RC_89_e_Light.7z

Changelog:

Lots of stuff.

Enjoy.

Looks like I had 85a, but was using a copy of mesh rigger from this thread. Not the one in the OP, but one further in. I'll give it a go with this version and see what happens.

if there's still a problem, what would be the most useful data to provide back to determine if it's a whacked mesh, or if there's a problem with the tool itself?

A memory error generally means that you are attempting to run the 32 bit version of the tool (like the portable version) with a *very* high poly count mesh. One of the drawbacks of Python is that it can be a bit of a memory hog.

The solution, unfortunately, is to install the 64 bit version of Python, install Pyffi, and then run the scripts only version of the tool.

Kind of at a dead end here right now.

1413394798.png

Can you please tell me what the correct procedure/commands are to install PyFFI  and run the rigger script through the 64bit Python? I looked this up already but I do not know a thing about using python, so most of the help I found just results in more questions.

Yeah...it can get a bit ugly.  In particular, the pyffi installer doesn't always recognize the more recent versions of Python.

So let's just do a manual drag-and-drop installation of pyffi.

Step 1: Install a 64 bit version of Python 3.  Do a full install.  Note: My primary internal testing platform is Python 3 64 bit, but the tool should be compatible with any 3.x versions.

Step 2: Go to the folder where you installed Python.  Drag the Lib and Scripts folders from the attached pyffi.7z file into the folder.

At this point, running the tool should be as simple as doubleclicking on meshrigger.py.

pyffi.7z