Mesh Rigger (Skyrim, Fallout, Oblivion) Beta.89.f (10-26-2014)

Hi gerra6!

I know that you are busy at the moment with your other projects such the new Clothing Body Style Converter, which seem pretty awesome and I can't wait to try, but unfortunately I have had two Mesh Rigger bugs after successfully finished my previous bikini conversion.

The first one was reported as a "MemoryError" on the Mesh Rigger screen and happened in two different armor conversions when both of the targets _0 and _1 are selected to be process at the same time how it need to be done:

"BM"
http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad188/Gabs_Rodrigues/meshBloodMageerror_zps61deeac1.png

"AR"
http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad188/Gabs_Rodrigues/aradiarogue_zpsae858aff.jpg

The other one it's not a error process but for some reason the tool is deleting the BSDismemberSkinInstance in two armor parts and also the respective partition:

"ALA"
http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad188/Gabs_Rodrigues/aradialingeriearmorerror_zps7a61c724.png

Well, I have not sure if it's a Mesh Rigger problem but I have tried even with others body styles of those armors and the same happened.

Thanks in advance! ;)

Thanks for the bug reports.

Memory errors generally mean that the nif that you are trying to convert has so many vertices that it runs into the relatively low ceiling of available memory in the 32 bit version of Python.

Try switching from the Python Portable package to the scripts only version. Note: you'll need to install a 64 bit version of Python and a Python 3 version of Pyffi as well.

For the dismemberment partitions on that nif, my guess is that the nif probably has a version number that flags it as an Oblivion nif. Under the menu item Game, switch it from Auto-Detect to Skyrim and see if that fixes the problem.

Hi gerra6,thanks for the reply!

You were right about the use of python 64bit version instead of the 32bit to process NIF with a heavy number vertices, which you had already mentioned before on the begining of this topic, but I completely forgot about it, because I chose the Mesh Rigger protable. :-/
Well, to get the Phyton 64 working properly was a bit complicated because in your installation guide there are only two required tools with the respective URL, but you mentioned three in the last post, such:

Python64bit and a Python 3 version of Pyffi.

The problem was to figure out what's exactly the Python 3?
Well, after some googling I found out a blog with all the requirement to intall Python3.2.5 (32/64bit) and I realised that what I need is PyQt-Py3.2 = Python 3 (I didn't find the PyQt-Py3.4 for Pyton3.4) . :P
So to get the MeshRigger light (or script only) working correctly we need to download and install all of this :

-Download and install Python 3.2.3 Windows x64 from:
https://www.python.org/download/releases/3.2.3/

-Download and install PyQt-Py3.2-x64-gpl-4.9.6-1 from:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyqt/files/PyQt4/PyQt-4.9.6/

-Download and install Pyffi 2.2.2 - (selected Python 3.2 64bit on setup installation )from:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyffi/files/pyffi-py3k/

-Extract Mesh Rigger to your preferred location in your computer.

How I told you before i'm still a noob in this modder world, right! :D
Well, after all of this confused installation, I managed to do my convertion, without "MemoryError".
About the BSDismemberSkinInstance bug, I switched from Auto-Detect to Skyrim but didn't work. :(

Heya ! Firstly, galactic thanks to you gerra for this tool, this is amazing. 

I've got a little question tho, there's this Northgirl trouser nif I want to rig, but the Mesh Rigger crashes when I try to. Does this error comes from the fact that there is no body mesh integrated to the armor nif ? Kind of hard to explain, it's like the armor only has the armor piece (?) without the usual body attached to it. 

The lack of a body shouldn't be a problem.

The Python Portable version of Mesh Rigger is a bit...problematic...when it comes to reporting error messages. Check the log file in the save folder. How far did the tool get before it stopped?

The problem was to figure out what's exactly the Python 3?

Well, after some googling I found out a blog with all the requirement to intall Python3.2.5 (32/64bit) and I realised that what I need is PyQt-Py3.2 = Python 3 (I didn't find the PyQt-Py3.4 for Pyton3.4) . :P

So to get the MeshRigger light (or script only) working correctly we need to download and install all of this :

That's weird. It should only require Python 3.x (I mostly test on 3.2 portable and Python 3.4 x64 (and python 3.5 beta)) and Pyffi. Just make sure that you do a full install of Python rather than a minimal. A separate install of PyQt shouldn't be required.

As far as the dismemberment partition question, no idea. The tool basically does one of three things, depending on the nifs and your settings.

1. If Replace Partitions is enabled, it will copy the skin partition type and structure from the template nif to the target nif.

2. If the nif is unskinned and Replace Partitions is not enabled, it will automatically generate a skin partition that is compatible with the type of nif (Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout)

3. If the nif is skinned and Replace Partitions is not enabled, the skin partitions should be unchanged.

I highly recommend using the latest version posted somewhere in the last few pages in this thread, v.0.88 I believe. I'll be updating the main page with that version in the next few days.

Hah I got this one message at the end of the log : 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Meshes\Northgirl\trousers_1.nif gender is NONE Does not match current gender setting of FEMALE

Edit : Okay that was stupid, I just realized I just had to push the "Both" button on the gender thingy before rigging ! 

Edit 2 : So now the mesh is invisible in game while perfectly visible in nifskope :( 

Oops sorry, didn't see you answered. I've tried this version and the mesh is still invisible :( I thought it was a partition issue and redone all of them to no avail 

Greetings.

@ RedFlyingMonkey

Well, not sure but your problem looks like this one  :

Post 481,483 , 496 ( the "green" text part) & 500 .

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27557-new-clothing-body-style-converter-release-candidate-v072-3-30-2014/page-25?

If you don't unerstand how i did it ( = how i added these missed nodes...) just ask .

I know , you are talking about a Skyrim mesh and i'm talking about an Oblivion mesh ... but i think your problem could be the same.

Not sure of course ,  because  i need your nif to see if something is missing or not. 

Another possible reason i found a few days ago is about the material : i've converted a "nasty" outfit where a cuted body part was converted as " clothe" and not "Skin" ... and in game this body part is "invisible" . 

So , in this case you just need to remove all the meshes from your nif ,add the correct "material" property and save that nif  ....open the first one and replace the "guilty" part by this one ...

The good side is that you just need "NifSkope" to do this.

Well , this is just two possible issues and solutions , nothing else.

Cheers.

PS : with Skyrim you also need to check what body slot is assigned to this piece ... if it is visible in the CK , i think it would be visible in game too.... ( that's no the case with OBlivion and the CS !)

thanks u. this mod so awesome. Im try learning how to use it

indeed,i have a problem when i try add BBP for this

KdGHFzT.jpg

Convert from UNP Clothing to UNP BBP (or UNP HDT) My select is 

- Copy Weight

- Copy Havok Node (I love HDT PE)

- Override Distance and UV Search

- Search distance 22.0 and Vertex target 16 ( I'm try set 4-6-8... but it not result)

xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.nW56hUVS2R.png please help me ??

Data:

-snip

Hi ! Je crois que tu es Français, donc voilà, j'ai convertis le .nif sur le MR, mais je crois que sa nature même l'empêche de pouvoir le "weight paint" correctement. Je te le passe au cas où tu découvrirais quelque chose, mais je crois que si c'était possible quelqu'un y aurait déjà ajouté le TBBP dessus étant donné que ça viens de Northgirl et que, vu sa popularité, c'est peut être la seule raison pour laquelle y'a pas encore de version "painted". 

Donc voilà la version que j'ai passé au Mesh Rigger : trousers_1.nif

J'ai pas vu d'anomalies sur les nodes ni rien, on dirait juste que dès que tu ajoutes les "weights" aux partitions elles n'apparaissent plus dans le jeu même si ça a l'air parfait sur nifskope. Aussi, c'est un mesh sans "body" dedans donc en général quand tu mets un truc comme ça, t'as ton corps en dessous qui "clip" à travers, genre le corps a le TBBP normal mais le mesh reste rigide. Peut être que tu auras plus de chance que moi, merci mec ! 

A quick English translation so people don't think we're doing a French sect on Loverslab :

Here's my edited mesh, I've seen nothing wrong with the nodes but as soon as I had the weight paints with Mesh Rigger, the mesh disappears in game. I think it just can't be weight painted, nor can it have extra nodes, since it's from a very popular outfit and I'm sure someone would have done it already if it was possible. Also, it's a mesh that acts like an overlay, it doesn't have a body in it so before I edited it with the Mesh Rigger, my char's butt clips through it when she walks. 

-snip

Hi ! Je crois que tu es Français, donc voilà, j'ai convertis le .nif sur le MR, mais je crois que sa nature même l'empêche de pouvoir le "weight paint" correctement. Je te le passe au cas où tu découvrirais quelque chose, mais je crois que si c'était possible quelqu'un y aurait déjà ajouté le TBBP dessus étant donné que ça viens de Northgirl et que, vu sa popularité, c'est peut être la seule raison pour laquelle y'a pas encore de version "painted". 

Donc voilà la version que j'ai passé au Mesh Rigger : attachicon.giftrousers_1.nif

J'ai pas vu d'anomalies sur les nodes ni rien, on dirait juste que dès que tu ajoutes les "weights" aux partitions elles n'apparaissent plus dans le jeu même si ça a l'air parfait sur nifskope. Aussi, c'est un mesh sans "body" dedans donc en général quand tu mets un truc comme ça, t'as ton corps en dessous qui "clip" à travers, genre le corps a le TBBP normal mais le mesh reste rigide. Peut être que tu auras plus de chance que moi, merci mec ! 

A quick English translation so people don't think we're doing a French sect on Loverslab :

Here's my edited mesh, I've seen nothing wrong with the nodes but as soon as I had the weight paints with Mesh Rigger, the mesh disappears in game. I think it just can't be weight painted, nor can it have extra nodes, since it's from a very popular outfit and I'm sure someone would have done it already if it was possible. Also, it's a mesh that acts like an overlay, it doesn't have a body in it so before I edited it with the Mesh Rigger, my char's butt clips through it when she walks. 

Hi there.

Bonjour !

Woauw , c'est bien sympathique de parler français de temps à autre ,  plaisir trop rare sur les forums anglophones ...;°)

Non, je ne suis pas française , mais je vis en Belgique francophone , et effectivement le français est la langue que je parle habituellement , depuis l'enfance , mais ce n'est pas ma langue natale non plus.... mes origines sont beaucoup plus à l'Est ... très à l'Est même .

Nous avons eu de gros orages la nuit passée et je me suis retrouvée sans Web.

Maintenant, à 07 heure du matin , je ne vais pas avoir l'occasion d'examiner ce fichier , de plus je vais d'abord tâcher de télécharger l'original pour avoir un point de comparaison.

Ce sera pour ce soir , à condition que la météo le veuille  !

C'est fou comme on perd vite la main dès que l'on passe de Skyrim à Oblivion et vice versa . Incroyable !

Bonne journée et à ce soir si tout va bien.

Cheers.

"Machine translation " , sorry i'm in hurry this morning :

Hello!

Woauw, it is nice to speak french from time to another, too rare pleasure on English forums...;°)

No, I am not French, but I live in French-speaking Belgium, and actually the french is the language that I speak normally, since childhood, but this is not my native language either... my origins are much more East... far to the same.

We had big storms last night and I found myself without Web.
Now 07 hour of the morning, I won't have the opportunity to examine this file, more I'll first try to download the original to have a point of comparison.

It will be for tonight, on condition that the weather like it!

It's crazy like it quickly loses the hand as soon as one moves from Skyrim to Oblivion and vice versa. Incredible!
Good day and tonight if all goes well.

-snip

Yeah it's nice to speak French here but let's just carry on speaking in English though if that doesn't bother you, translating everything is going to get annoying on the long run haha

And sorry for automatically assuming you were French since you talked French, I always do this ... (Also for assuming you were a man when your forum name is "AnnaFly" lol). Saw the storms going on up there, looks pretty scary, I hope everything is okay for you ! And thanks a lot for taking a look at it too  :D

Greetings.

@ RedFlyingMonkey

... ;°)  "Anna ...Fly"  ... no it's just "Shortcut" . Usually  i use my name , Loukiana.

But in october  , when i came here by mystake ( i was just following a link about the SPB 's Bodycon 1 ) i was very surprised and ... a little confused and "afraid" too.

So i create a forum name based on an account i've just created a few days ago to help somebody on the Kaspersky forum  ( french , and it was a false alert ) ... for this purpose i needed to test an OnLine game  an "AnnaFly .... something" was one of the user's name used to that site, nothing else.

I was russian ( father from "Baïkhal" ,you know,  the lake is the siberian far Est country and mother from ... Kiev .... that's was the USSR  , not Russia or Ukrain)  . Native languages were russian and poland ( ...it's a long story...) , after that , french when i was about eight years.

Well , bad news with your mesh : i cannot test it , my game crash with all  " outfits "  that use a "Belly" NiNode !

TBBP ...Ok , no problem but with a "Belly" i get a CTD if i try to equip that sort of item.

I've tried with another mesh from here , TBBP , Belly .... and the Skeleton included ... but only for the "Character Assets"  ( no more)  , i get also a CTD . ( from "Pregnant Weighted TBBP armor 2.0 " )

Are you sure you 've putted that mesh in the right folder ?  The one mentioned in the CK ...

I can easily make something "invisible"  if i remove or replace with another name a mesh previously related in the Construction Kit.

But in this case , without a CTD !

So i need to try a way first to get an "Belly" outfit works  ... without any "CTD ".

I don't  use no more  any "XPM's skeleton" ...  the last i 've tested is from  SkullTyran  " TBBP Pack 1 1HD16712-1.7z" perfect and without any bug with my customized mods.

XP32 ..."something " requier a "BAIN" installer , and of course i don't use "BAIN" , and most of all there is also a requested file before , so it's too much in my opinion just for a "sample" Skeleton !

I don't use "Body Slider"  , nor CBBE based bodies ... ;°)

So , right now i cannot see a "problem" in your mesh if i cannot try it in game.

One more thing i need inverstigate !

Cheers.

PS ( beaucoup plus tard dans la nuit ...)  : i'm in "holy"days ... i would be glad to help you if i can , but i cannot get a "Belly" outfit without a Skyrim's crash !

So i need help : wel , no exactly "help" but the Skeleton.nif , Skeleton.HKX from your " ... Characters assets" folder and those from the "...  character assets female "  folder . I think my problem is there in this last folder ( ... character assets female ) . I don't use any CBBE anymore except a custom body from TurBoSnowy ( in think it's a custom CBBEv3 ...) : i took the body from one on his " Summon Angels" mod ... the one with the incredible YangYang based robe ( HW if i'm right ) .

With my Skeleton ( Pertfect 61 TBBP from SkullyTyran)  i can use all UNP/UNPB family outfits , CHSBHC, ADEC 1-21 , CBBE/v3 , Eros, NCHSBHC,  and 7Base TBBP ... without any problem. I just remove the Skeleton.hkx from the Character assets folder ( because i don't like a back weaopns ) and put back the previous one i use.

But not something with a "Belly" NiNode !

With the XP32 Skeleton , i got an issue with the dead "MALE" body ( no problem with a female dead body)  ... i cannot move them . The only wa y i found to move thes male bodies is with the use of the console command "SexChange" ... after that , i can move these "male" bodies.

So to test your mesh , i need your Skeletons and if possible an TBBP walforward animation ( mine are simple BBP i think , of course i'm don't care about Women's Bouncing ass ! ).

Can someone BBBfy this mesh for me? I tried to put the DMRA upper body/and entire whole DMRA body in Template Options -> Select Template Mesh, and this mesh in Click File -> Target Options but I don't get any results in the output folder. The output folder stays empty after the software finishes the work.

cuirass.nif

Can someone BBBfy this mesh for me? I tried to put the DMRA upper body/and entire whole DMRA body in Template Options -> Select Template Mesh, and this mesh in Click File -> Target Options but I don't get any results in the output folder. The output folder stays empty after the software finishes the work.

Greetings.

Hi Nepro :

Why not directly convert ( with the gerra6's tolls clothing converter) the BBB version of this Outfit ? Starfire0777 already convert to BBB most of Colourwheels outfits from her " ... Sexy Oblivion Overhaul "

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/43386

Sorry i will not put the nif here , because as writed in the description page , i need to ask the permission from Colourwheels first .... and this would take sometime !

By the way , did you see your "Steel Cuirass" i corrected here ? ... : ( post 496 and 500 )

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27557-new-clothing-body-style-converter-release-candidate-v072-3-30-2014/page-25

The "Shirt.nif"  is the "Steel cuirass"  too  ( it's just the folder i use to test it in game because there already was as "Shirt" Mc03 or Lc03 in my inventory , the Skeleton is the one from LAPF ) , but unfinished just in case you would to solve the issue by yourself ... you can also use it as is , but not to "transfer" this one to another nif ( copy branch--> past branch).

Bonne nuit.

Cheers.

PS : sorry i cannot send you a PM , because there is a stupid "pop-up" exactly where the send button is ! So i cannot initiate a PM first !

I still use my old IE8 ...

Wow this is brillinat AnnaFly! :D

Thank you for reminding me to check the Dark Steel Armor from StraX. I totally didn't check that thread.

That BBB colourwheels cuirass did the trick and turned out pretty nice in DMRA form. :D

Thank you for reminding me to check the Dark Steel Armor from StraX. I totally didn't check that thread.

That BBB colourwheels cuirass did the trick and turned out pretty nice in DMRA form. :D

Hi Nepro .

I was happy and "proud" to correct your meshe , because it was my first attempt to repair a mesh like this only with NifSkope.

Of course , you need to redirect the texture path to your model. I simply use the Vanila Steel texture in game when i 've tested the two models.

By the way , i found it's possible to move some vertices ( and yes,  only one too and not the "whole" mesh ...) just with NifSkope, but it's not easy , especialy if there is (are ?) a lot of polygons.

But that's another story i 'll probably talk about , but i need some investigations first .

Cheers.

Hi Nepro .

I was happy and "proud" to correct your meshe , because it was my first attempt to repair a mesh like this only with NifSkope.

Of course , you need to redirect the texture path to your model. I simply use the Vanila Steel texture in game when i 've tested the two models.

By the way , i found it's possible to move some vertices ( and yes,  only one too and not the "whole" mesh ...) just with NifSkope, but it's not easy , especialy if there is (are ?) a lot of polygons.

But that's another story i 'll probably talk about , but i need some investigations first .

Cheers.

hBBROXA.gif

Yes, yes I did change the texture path. Dark Steel Armor turned out pretty nice.

EYB8kTB.jpg

Think there would be OBJ support for selecting meshes?

What does OBJ stand for?

Greetings.-snip

Heya Loukiana. 

I'm sorry, I should've mentioned this was a beta weight painting from a still new mesh here, they were adapted for a specific version of XPMS skeleton so it's understandable that you'd get a CTD if you tried it without the files. Here they are Skeletonz.rar

I really thank you for helping me, you wouldn't believe the amount of time I've spent in the past to get TBBP on this specific armor mesh, it's just ridiculous !