Screen shot distortion

Kodiak

I thought I had seen a topic addressing this a couple of weeks ago, but I seem to have lost track of it.

I have AA and anisotropic filtering off due to ENB. Thing is now my screenshots come out looking like someone took a picture of them changing the channel on an old analog tube TV. I'm not a huge screenhooter, but I like the ability. Is there an easy fix for this while running ENB and not having to run something like FRAPs?

Taken just a few minutes ago.

Note the screenshot confirmation msg up top. I've seen this before in New Vegas, but once I disabled the AA, it fixed the issue. Not as lucky here.

I had to use ACDC to open it up. Standard BMP format wont work. Least for me anyway.

• 3 months later...

I already posted something on this on the Nexus forums. I'll post it here, too. 

I had this same problem: gray, distorted screenshots. I had been installing different ENBs, which meant resetting my Skyrim & SkyrimPrefs inis multiple times. During one installation, I guess somehow I absent-mindedly set my screen resolution to 1366x768 in my Launcher settings. My screen actually IS 1366x768, but most picture viewers can't read BMP pics at that resolution -- those that can even open the picture at all have, you guessed it: gray, distorted pictures. 

Go to where your Skyrim and SkyrimPrefs inis are located, open up SkyrimPrefs ini and make sure your display is set for 1360x768 and NOT 1366x768. 

Under the [Display] section, change the number beside "iSize W=" to 1360, then change the number beside "iSize H=" to 768. 

If you do that and your printscreen button works again, smile, then do like I did and smack yourself in the f***ing forehead for driving yourself crazy over something that ridiculously easy to fix. 

Peace. 

• 3 months later...

As old as this thread was, you nailed it right on the head, thank you! I run a 1366x768 desktop, so when I optimize Skyrim and New Vegas, of course it forces desktop resolution. I usually don't/cant use 1360 x 768 because it appears fuzzy to my eyes and this sadly occurs in game as well, but I can kick the game resolution up to 1600x900 and all is well.

Great heads up!

Archived