Frostfall: Yes or No?

I've been trying to go as Immersive as possible.   With the SexLab plugins I use, I try to set them up as immersive as each one allows, which the wonderful authors have made very easy to do.

Now, I already use other Immersive mods, but most of those are just for minor things (like Camping, Diseases...etc..etc...)

I also run Climates of Tamriel and Realistic Lighting...  Havent seen any big issues with those.

I've been looking into Frostfall, by Chesko, but have heard it can cause problems with SexLab.  

It has a very comprehensive install and user guide.   Check it here --->  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11163/?

It is one of the most popular mods out there for Immersion.   But I am a little shy at adding mods that could break what I have done already.  Any thoughts or ideas on this, would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

DM.

I have no experience running both for an extended period of time but I've been using Frostfall for the better part of a year now and won't make a new character without it activated. If you're into immersion then I couldn't recommend it more but if you're concerned about conflicts, (again, I don't know of any myself) I'd suggest making a separate save and see how they work together for a bit. The thing with Frostfall however, is that you have to use it for a while anyway to get the 'feel' of it and it may not be for you or it may be that great addition to immersion that you're looking for. Now if you don't have that much time on your hands then sorry, can't help you there. All I can say is just try them both together. Additionally, there wouldn't be plugins for the two on here if there was serious game breaking conflicts:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/21713-wip-sexlab-warmbodies/

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/17898-request-sex-generates-heat-for-frostfall/

Hell yes.

Frostfall requires you to rethink how you play, especially around water (no more skinny dipping between icebergs). 

SexLab for Frostfall is a good addition. 

I only had two issues with frostfall that required me to edit it to my liking.

1- It wasn't working well with No Death Mod, so I had to build some compatibility for it.

2- I didn't like the visual effects of cold exposure, so I changed them to something a little more immersive and dramatic.

Other than that, it is on my must-have list of mods for Skyrim (seriously, Skyrim without cold exposure? :) ).

The only issue i had with frostfall was with SOS because the armor exposure protection, so i disabled the detection of armors for frostfall, i like frosfall because if u lost all ur stuff (read it as as Sanguine debauchery victim XD) u have to survive, before frostall i never had the need to steal, now u have to survive, lots of emotion have been passed because i wanted to find shelter in a cave an it was ocuped, now skyrim is really as dangerous as the comments around there, frostfall is a must, sanguine as well XD

Good topic. I installed Frostfall a few days ago and loving it. So far found no serious problems with sexlab mods, and sanguine debauchery has built in a frostfall patch.

Traveling in the colder areas of skyrim is now really an experience.

Another minor bonus from frostfall and other immersion mods is that they draw away gold in a realistic way. I am not doing alchemy for money because you get too much money with it, so now i am sometimes forced to stop a day or two collecting enough money by prostitution to afford refilling my supplies for real adventuring again. And if i lose everything via submit or sanguine debauchery get going again can be quite a task :).

Good topic. I installed Frostfall a few days ago and loving it. So far found no serious problems with sexlab mods, and sanguine debauchery has built in a frostfall patch.

Traveling in the colder areas of skyrim is now really an experience.

Another minor bonus from frostfall and other immersion mods is that they draw away gold in a realistic way. I am not doing alchemy for money because you get too much money with it, so now i am sometimes forced to stop a day or two collecting enough money by prostitution to afford refilling my supplies for real adventuring again. And if i lose everything via submit or sanguine debauchery get going again can be quite a task :).

ya, SD haves a patch of mortality, I have reduced the amount of money u make crafting and making stuff with this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18258/? it makes the time pass when u collect, craft, butcher, cook, read. it makes it harder to create stuff, takes away the easy way of making 100 of potions in just one day, u have to think if u buy ur food or make it spending time of ur day, totally amazing, hadnt any trouble by now, i use a lot:

Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival

PrivateNeeds

Showers in Inns plus Stumbling Sabrecat

TouringCarriages

Wet and Cold

PrivateNeeds-TBucket 0.1

Owned

No GPS SkyUI version

Your Market Stall

Alternate Start - Live Another Life

Dynamic Things - Woodpiles and Barrels and More Oh My

Professions

RE - Real Estate

Realistic Needs and Diseases

Unknown Enchants

Harvest Overhaul

Is wa i think is for inmersion i guess, and a lot more, 

What is that 'owned' mod, its hidden in the nexus and the author apparently its suggesting not to use it...

Ah yea, is for take out the property of objects or houses when u kill an NPC, so u can live in the house of someone u killed or got death for some reason, i still have a copy of it XD

I was a bit shy at first about the mod also (not knowing about sexlab back then though...) as I like immersion, but do not like when gameplay becomes tedious work. But Friostfall

is a must. Skyrim is such a harsh and rough place, both in landscape and climate, but sadly Bethesda was too shy (aparently for the reasons stated above by myself ^^) to omplement something like Frostfall.

Get it and try it. Never had much issue with it. Some quests (for example getting to the hermit north of Winterhold) become rather "interesting" when you cannot just swim through icy waters. You need to prepare more, and plan ahead.

Also, immersion-wise, I'd say also get the mods "Winter is coming" and/or "cloaks of skyrim". They work well with Frostfall and add also much immersion - graphic-wise - to Skyrim. Those Wolf-Cloaks look awesome on your char, and even the Guards and Bandits etc. get random cloaks now. It looks way more realistic with that...

What is that 'owned' mod, its hidden in the nexus and the author apparently its suggesting not to use it...

Ah yea, is for take out the property of objects or houses when u kill an NPC, so u can live in the house of someone u killed or got death for some reason, i still have a copy of it XD

I've been looking for something like that but im afraid it could break my save if its bugged

I've been looking for something like that but im afraid it could break my save if its bugged

Well, i don't know why is down and i can say that i hasn't finded an issue in my gameplay, but, dunno, is down now

The difficult thing about Frostfall is when the sexlab combat mods strip you naked in a blizzard. You usually die :) I started running away a lot.

And thus what makes this a great combination. I have used both for a couple of months now and never seen any real problems or conflicts. The most recent update to Frostfall unfortunately nullifies the need to be extra cautious if you use the spells but with my game turned to legendary and setting Defeat's chance for rape at higher hp values and to steal my equipment it is a bad idea for me to stay in a fight by myself for too long or else freeze to death or be striped nude and disarmed in the middle of a blizzard and be even more likely to freeze to death magic or no magic.

Yes, Frostfall is a must.  SOS changes the armor slot to 52, so Frostfall won't recognize you have chest armor equipped and doesn't give you exposure resistance from that piece.  For my worth, Frostfall is far better than varying schlong sizes.  They list a workaround (change Frostfall exposure to about 0.4) but..ehh.

I also use SkyRe.  Completely changes damn near everything...too many things to list.  And if you dont use BOSS/Wyre Bash or something like that, you'll have a hard time sorting out load orders.  Ever since I got both, I haven't had a CTD...and my plugin list is sitting at 64.

Yes, Frostfall is a must.  SOS changes the armor slot to 52, so Frostfall won't recognize you have chest armor equipped and doesn't give you exposure resistance from that piece.  For my worth, Frostfall is far better than varying schlong sizes.  They list a workaround (change Frostfall exposure to about 0.4) but..ehh.

I also use SkyRe.  Completely changes damn near everything...too many things to list.  And if you dont use BOSS/Wyre Bash or something like that, you'll have a hard time sorting out load orders.  Ever since I got both, I haven't had a CTD...and my plugin list is sitting at 64.

the SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp is the one that vary the size of schlongs, is the guilty one? or is the SOS itself that does it? if is the first i wil take it out because i used Nudes - FavoredSoulMeshes - ErectVersion, but u know, they die with an erection XD.

I tested REQUIEM too but i stick to Skyre, i preffer it, it opens a world of diferent ways to develop a character.

Frostfall is a must, now with the UI meters, are great!

I agree that Frostfall is great for immersion, but for me it was just a little too much immersion after awhile, and I ended up uninstalling it.

I liked that it kept me from just diving into frigid waters and such like that, but when I started getting into Sexlab mods, some of which can cause your character to be stripped naked right out in the open, Frostfall became a real liability. Sure, it's immersive for my character to freeze when stripped in the bitter cold, but the bandit raping her doesn't seem to suffer from the same issue. I tend to have this same opinion about mods that make nights and caves super dark... they're only dark for me, so that really isn't any fun.

It's worth trying for sure, and maybe you'll end up liking it! I know I did for awhile, but ultimately decided to get my immersion in other ways. ;)

:lol: Understandable!

Though its actually the other way around for me. I avoid most of the current sexmods for Skyrim because of that. I rather wait for some more Indoor-content, and these enslavement-mechanics become rather boring after the first time anyway (Not enough interaction/talking with your captors as far as I am concerned...even a slave should be DOING something...anything...I guess I'll never be a good slave :dodgy: )

the SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp is the one that vary the size of schlongs, is the guilty one? or is the SOS itself that does it? if is the first i wil take it out because i used Nudes - FavoredSoulMeshes - ErectVersion, but u know, they die with an erection XD.

I tested REQUIEM too but i stick to Skyre, i preffer it, it opens a world of diferent ways to develop a character.

AFAIK, it is SOS in general.  (never tried SOS light, however).  It changes chest armor slot to 52 so when you unequip armor the schlong 'armor' (also set to 52) auto equips.  This way you don't have a schlong on slot 52 poking through armor on slot 32 (standard armor slot, I think).  I use the same favored soul mesh and its fine, other than dying with a constant boner.  I suppose there might be a way to tell frostfall to check for armor on slot 52, but I dont have a clue how to do that.

I like to think they died with a smile on their face, something my character is quite happy to give them.

Unfortunately, Frostfall makes the Alternate Start option of 'I was shipwrecked' comletely invalid.  You will freeze to death inside of a few minutes of game time...as one would expect.  *shrug* Oh well!

AFAIK, it is SOS in general.  (never tried SOS light, however).  It changes chest armor slot to 52 so when you unequip armor the schlong 'armor' (also set to 52) auto equips.  This way you don't have a schlong on slot 52 poking through armor on slot 32 (standard armor slot, I think).  I use the same favored soul mesh and its fine, other than dying with a constant boner.  I suppose there might be a way to tell frostfall to check for armor on slot 52, but I dont have a clue how to do that.

I like to think they died with a smile on their face, something my character is quite happy to give them.

Unfortunately, Frostfall makes the Alternate Start option of 'I was shipwrecked' comletely invalid.  You will freeze to death inside of a few minutes of game time...as one would expect.  *shrug* Oh well!

Yea, i survived once to that one, i always make random start XD, but only survive near dawnstar

Yes its  a good  mod I  do tend  to agree with what  has been said  about the  raping  /defeat mods.. It adds  to the  running  away thing however an  Immersion mod like  Hormones that goes  with  sexlab aroused  does not  interfer with  Frostfall...  To be honest...I  think i would  rather have sex with my companions  indoors with frostfall activated anyway.  I spend  so much time planning my attack cause i dont want to get raped  or  enslaved or  whatever that i can freeze..   Thing is  though i  dont  wwant to loose  frostfall or any mod but that said.. I  would  rather loose  the  raping mods and all  then loose  frostfall... its become  essential to me.  But thats my opinion... If there are  indoor sex mods i would love  them and  dont get  me  wrong  they do work well together  All the mods  its just you have to think differently  while  fighting.