File Name: Another Kick in the Head

File Submitter: Odessa

File Submitted: 15 Dec 2013

File Category: Quest

Requires: NVSE v4 or later

Instead of always dying, this mod adds an effect that simulates you being knocked out, robbed and then rescued- bandits are now more interested in your loot than your life, and like the NV intro, death isn't inevitable.
You will lose some of your equipment, but it can be recovered from either your attackers, a stash box or wasteland merchants.

Since you'd otherwise load game, it makes 'dying' a lot worse, and stops the game getting too easy because you have all the best gear. The wasteland becomes a much more threatening place and you start to think twice before entering combat if you can avoid it, and selling rather than stashing your spare gear.

There is a short dream sequence between your knockout and rescue. Most of these become available only after completing different game events and link in to them. Some dreams are connected in an overarching story. The dreams are lore friendly, although sometimes there are surreal elements (they aren't real after all).

The mod features a difficulty option which affects how much gear you lose, optionally companions may lose gear too.

Who you are rescued by depends on your location and standing with the various factions, your 'hero' will give you some new equipment dependent on the same factors and what you have left to get you back on your way- you will always have a weapon and armor. You may also be required to complete a quest to repay them and get back some of your gear, or risk minor infamy.

There are 14 possible Heroes, if the local one is unavailable (enemy/dead etc) or you fail an easy luck save then there is sometimes a small luck chance to be rescued by the next closest hero or by the Mysterious Stranger (with perk), otherwise you will wake up wounded and alone at some nearby shelter, having lost more equipment than otherwise- Your character blacked out and managed to crawl there.

Local enemies and opportunist characters may steal some of your caps, equipped and aid items.
The Merchants who may have your stuff are random major ones.
If knocked out by bandits, the Loot Box will be in one of the bases of the faction who knocked you out.

When your health drops to an adjustable low level, your character begins to black out and while this occurs any further hits may trigger a knock out. (In engine terms, damage taken is greatly reduced whilst blacking out which prevents you from dying and instead triggers the knock out effect). You will sometimes still die as normal, especially with options set low and/or massive damage.

Mod options:

This mod supports the MCM, and it is recommended to use it. If you don't want to, you can also change options by typing 'Player.PlaceAtMe XX01F619' into the console. Where XX = mod load order. This command is printed to the console whenever a game is started/loaded without the MCM.

Options allow for adjusting the blacking out health threshold, KO chance whilst blacking out, difficulty- which adjusts item losses (Very Easy disables except for local enemies/opportunists), companion gear loss, and enabling dreams on sleep (if you're a big fan of them, disabled by default).

The mod only supports the Mojave Wasteland, but automatically disables when outside of it. It also disables during certain sensitive game events- if it is causing a problem during some event not covered you can disable it manually by setting the health threshold option to 0.

Compatability:

The mod includes support for all vanilla companions plus up to 7 third party mod companions. Using more than 7 companions mods with all hired at the same time will cause issues.

The mod includes optional automatic support for IMCNNV and Arwen_NV_Med-Tec

Requirements and Extensions

The main .esm requires only its included data and New Vegas with NVSE (the script extender, like most mods)

Sexout extension plugin
This optional plugin adds some additional dreams... details and availability is here
----

Known Issues
- Up to 7 non-vanilla companions are supported at once. If you have more than 7 non-vanilla companions hired at the same time then problems may arise. In some dreams non-vanilla companions might briefly appear and then disappear when moving through doors.

Future Plans

- Possible bad outcome quests (slavery etc) if not rescued
- More repayment quests and dreams

Credits

- All sound files are from free license sources but modified extensively by me. You may reuse them as you wish.
- Voice acting performed by James Kemp

Sharing
You are welcome to link to this page but please do not upload these files (except data pack sounds) or versions of them you have modified yourself anywhere without my explicit permission. I am actively developing this mod.

-----

Upgrade Note

August 2
- DLC extension is now redundant and does nothing. AKH and included data updated.

download.png
Click here to download this file

If you got this from the sexout section already, you don't need to download this. The master file is the same version.

I figured the non-sexout part of the mod ought to be in the non-adult mod section. There is no change of direction and I am still continuing the sexout stuff- it has always been a seperate plugin.

Yes. This will always be the same version of the mod, just without the seperate sexout extension .esp

Since most the content doesn't require sexout I thought it made sense to put the clean content only here.

There has not been an update since December 10. (There will be one for both parts by new year..)

That was probably the BDSM fantasy dream which is part of the sexout extension

Yep, I only had Kick in the Head happen for the first time recently (I have all the mods installed but don't run them all during mod testing and seem to do a lot of mod testing), and I got that one, I died again and got into the repeating bathrooms dream as well :) It's a cool mod :)

That was probably the BDSM fantasy dream which is part of the sexout extension

Yep, I only had Kick in the Head happen for the first time recently (I have all the mods installed but don't run them all during mod testing and seem to do a lot of mod testing), and I got that one, I died again and got into the repeating bathrooms dream as well :) It's a cool mod :)

If I get time away from packing and buying winter supplies I'll give it a shot. :P

EDIT: Important edit, too. Maybe. :D I made a clean save without AKITH and seems I still get the error. So I'm going to go to the SCR Beta thread since it might be an issue with the SCR beta.

I'm NOT SURE, but I think an old bug of sleep deprivation death (even on NON-hardcore mode) has returned. Might want to check the code.

Seems I end up ragdolling with Sleep ticker that's moving up EXPONENTIALLY fast. Like stupid-fast.

Once I ragdoll, I just STAY ragdolled, making UNGH and OH sounds like if my character was being raped or something.
Sleeping/resting ends up killing me.

Load order:

FalloutNV.esm
Sexout.esm
SexoutCommonResources.esm
SexoutSharedResources.esm
SexoutPregnancyV3.esm
SexoutSlavery.esm
SexoutLegion.esm
SexoutStore.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
Another-Kick-In-The-Head.esm
SmallerTalk.esp
SexoutZAZ.esp
SexoutRocket.esp
SexoutRapeGame.esp
SexoutDiscounts.esp
SexoutCompanions.esp
SexoutFadeToBlack.esp
NVWillow.esp
SexoutWillow.esp
SCS - CombatArmour.esp
SexoutCheckMeOut.esp
SexoutClothingEval.esp
SexoutSexAssault.esp
SexoutLust.esp
Sexout-Wear-And-Tear.esp
SexoutConsequences.esp
SexoutFiends.esp
SexoutKhans.esp
SexoutKings.esp
SexoutNCR.esp
SexoutPowderGangers.esp
SexoutWorkingGirl.esp
SunnyCompanion.esp
SexoutSTDs.esp
SexoutBreeder.esp
SOSReplacer.esp
Sexout-Another-Kick-Extension.esp
SexoutRapist.esp
SexoutFleshedOut.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
SexoutMissMoo.esp
SexoutRexWillow.esp
SexoutDrugging.esp
SexoutSoliciting.esp
SexoutRex.esp
SexoutMessages.esp
SKS Ren Hair Pack (50%).esp

Total active plugins: 51
Total plugins: 53

• 3 months later...

I'm being sent into dreams when waiting instead of just sleeping, and the dream is running at hyperspeed before CTD/

Load order:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Afterschool Special.esm
NVEC Complete.esm
NVInteriors_Core.esm
NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm
NVR-Strip.esm
Lings.esm
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esm
Novac Public Library.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
Tales from the Burning Sands.esm
REZBajaIslandHome.esp
More Perks.esm
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.esm
URWLNV-001-Weather.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
sexout.esm
SexoutCommonResources.esm
sexoutslavery.esm
SexoutLegion.esm
Another-Kick-In-The-Head.esm
SexoutPregnancyV3.esm
SexoutOffSpring.esm
SexoutStore.esm
SexoutSoliciting.esm
msexBase.esm
jokristinascloset.esm
Strangers Abroad.esm
NVWillow.esp
SexoutSexAssault.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
CASM.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
NVR-NPCs.esp
NVR-ELECTRO-CTIY_Patch.esp
NVR-Version_10.esp
TypeN_Replacer.esp
NVFR-Version_2.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp
Project Nevada - All DLC.esp
xatmosSkillPerks.esp
pipboy2500_edisleado.esp
1nivVSLArmors.esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Inventory Sorters Compatibility Patch - RegularCATEYEvalue.esp
New Vegas Error Corrections Extras.esp
Lean Starting Gear - All-In-One.esp
Raptor50.esp
Sinclair Edition.esp
CNR_Beta.esp
1nivPNSLPatch.esp
lutNVEC34bComplete_REmenu.esp
NVEC-Expansion-CNR.esp
NVEC-Expansion-NVInt.esp
TypeNDLCTuxedo.esp
NVEC-Expansion-Tales.esp
NVEC-Expansion-ElectroCity.esp
Courier Vests.esp
R.A.C.E. Station.esp
Portable Tent.esp
LevelersHouse.esp
RobCo OS.esp
USMC_Weapons_NV.esp
aRezBajaIslandFireworks.esp
MojaveDelight.esp
MojaveDelighted.esp
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Cheat.Cabinet.esp
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Honest.Hearts.Grunt.Patch.esp
WortaNV.esp
LingsPrettyThings.esp
NVEC Complete Lings Patch.esp
DragsCasualCourierAndMore.esp
DragsSeamConcealers.esp
TrooperOverhaul-Dragbody.esp
MojaveReborn.esp
Novac Reborn - Electro-City Fix Patch.esp
URWLNV-007-Interiors.esp
URWLNV-002-DeadMoney.esp
URWLNV-003-HonestHearts.esp
URWLNV-004-OldWorldBlues.esp
URWLNV-005-LonesomeRoad.esp
ADAM - Complete.esp
GibsonShackCleanup.esp
SexoutAffairs.esp
SexoutCrowdsB.esp
SexoutLust.esp
SexoutSex.esp
SexoutZAZ.esp
DLC-Another-Kick-Extension.esp
Sexout-Another-Kick-Extension.esp
SexoutCompanions.esp
SexoutFadeToBlack.esp
msexVeronica.esp
SexoutFiends.esp
SexoutKhans.esp
SexoutKings.esp
SexoutNCR.esp
SexoutPowderGangers.esp
SexoutWorkingGirl.esp
SunnyCompanion.esp
SexoutAffairsMojaveDelight.esp
ARESproject.esp
jokriss.esp
Teddy Boy.esp
delilah.esp
Izzy.esp
SmallerTalk.esp
SexoutRapist.esp
MergePatch.esp

Total active plugins: 125
Total plugins: 125

I noticed getting dreams on waiting, I've been meaning to fix it, waiting seems to count to 'GetPCSleepHours', but I can use 'IsPCSleeping' instead.

The hyperspeed may be unrelated though. Do you have any idea what dream it was, and where were you waiting, and did you have any other mod added items equipped that might have been running a script?

I was waiting in Goodsprings. It was after At A Campfire By The Trail (Tutorial for using campfires), and I was in the Prospector waiting for Sunny and Trudy to come back (they had walked out after the argument with Joe Cobb for some reason). I only waited for an hour.

As for the dream itself I'm not sure. I was in a really nasty bathroom with a dead Centurion in one of the stalls, and I got a glimpse of a woman standing near the door. I had opened the stall to loot the Centurion when it crashed.

Armor I was wearing was from Nivea's Spice of Life mod, equipped weapon was the unsilenced pistol from the USMC Weapons Pack. To the best of my knowledge neither have any special scripts.

Not sure if this would have an effect or not, but I was running Project Nevada with timescale set to 5.

I posted my load order with my original report, if theres anything I'm forgetting that might be significant. Everything sexout was recently deleted and reinstalled so I know I'm up to date, and it's a new character.

The game time change is my guess, the mod increments game time by a variable amount at the beginning of dreams. There was a related problem with:

"Imp's More Complex Needs.esp" and "Arwen_NV_Med-Tec.esp"

Neither of which I've used, but the mod includes a check that disables time passage if they are loaded already, which reportedly fixed it. I've attached a version where I made that compatibility mode an MCM option.

There are some other minor changes I made in past 3 months (bug fixes and tweaks, plus unfinished content which is hopefully inaccessible) in this version and I have not tested it, so consider this version to be a WIP and tell me if anything is messed up.

====

Update: August 27 - 2014

New Beta - V1.3 - August 27 - 2014

It requires the data pack from the main download, so don't uninstall the stable version, just overwrite its .esm.

Changes:

Main AKH:

- Rewrote the item loss system which fixes possible issue with losing non-playable items
- Rewrote the companion code, lost items no longer end up in player's inventory, non-vanilla companions will no longer
  potentially lose their non-playable gear (eg: companion weapons). If using NVSE 4.5.6 (optional) non-vanilla companions
  will no longer fade in and out during dreams when you go through doors.
- Hotkeys are rebound after sleep/non-rescue dreams (not rescue dreams) if you use NVSE 4.5.7 (optional)
- All items are now re-equipped after sleep/non-rescue dream rather than just armor/weapon/hat, and it is one equip per
  frame to prevent potential CTD equipping all at once (gotta love gamebryo engine ;)).
- Added MCM option to re-enable mod after Hoover Dam, if using a freeplay mod.
- Added a console cheat to print the location of all lost items to console (Player.AddItem XX021C99)
- Rewrote some other misc code to take advantage of NVSE 4

- Updated included ReadMe

Another-Kick-in-the-Head-V-1-3--August-27-2014.zip