Help on some strange papyrus.log's lines

NicoleDragoness

Hi all,

recently I started a new game without using the Alternate Start mod I unistalled previously.

I let in place every SexLab mods I have and I didn't have any harm on my game. Everything seems to work flawlessly.

Except one thing:

my papyrus.log is literally encumbered by hundreds and hundreds of lines exactly as the following ones:

stack:
[ (000A7EA9)].Sound.Play() - "<native>" Line ?
[ (000B78FA)].HelgenRandomSoundScript.OnUpdate() - "HelgenRandomSoundScript.psc" Line ?
[12/14/2013 - 01:41:07PM] ERROR: Object reference has no 3D
stack:
[ (000A7EA9)].Sound.Play() - "<native>" Line ?
[ (000B78FA)].HelgenRandomSoundScript.OnUpdate() - "HelgenRandomSoundScript.psc" Line ?
[12/14/2013 - 01:41:33PM] ERROR: Object reference has no 3D

I don't know what they mean and, mainly, if I should be worried about this.

Any help or idea will be appreciated.

Looks like something edited Helgen and removed an object from the world.
Clean your mods with TES5Edit, so the object is undeleted & disabled instead of fully removed.

Removing identical records from your mods is a good idea too, now that you're already at it.

1. Open all mods, you want to play with, in TES5Edit.
  2. Let it finish loading.
  3. Right click in the mod list and apply the filter for cleaning.
  4. Wait until it's done.
  5. Right click every single mod (except those, that BOSS says to NOT clean [like Dialoge Guards Overhaul, BBLS and so on]) and click on Undelete and remove identical.
  6. When you're done with everything, close TES5Edit and let it save the changes.

Best you run BOSS first and keep the log open, so you know which not to clean and where to add Bash Tags (so Wrye merges some more stuff from the DLCs, the USKP and other mods).

The Bashed Patch is highly recommended to merge leveld lists, as else only the stuff from the last mod that added to an existing leveled list will be available.

A merged patch from TES5Edit is not a bad thing either, as it can merge some more stuff, including factions which is very important.

Ok. Give me some time, as i need to open up all program, so i can make screenshots and tell you the exact texts.

And Wrye is recommended to use. i edited my last post, while you answered. Maybe this helps you understand.

Thank you very much for all your time.

Ehm ... just to be totally clear:

My Skyrim is a legal copy bought at the very early release times in England (DVD release).

I patched this copy with my own language (without problems) and I installed it into a different path (a different hard disk, in fact), mainly because I really HATE steam and every type of online connection for not-multiplayer games. (Very bad experiences in the past. Btw, I don't play online, I don't play multiplayer's games and, and ...).

So, I don't have steam at all.

After some time, I found all the Official and Unoffical patches up to the 1.9.32.08 into my own language.

All my mods are downloaded and installed manually, ordered manually using the simply tool of the standard launcher (even if I use the SKSE launcher to play).

I could download and install boss, wrye bash and so on, but only if I can still have my game FREE "outside" steam.

Pictoral guide. What's important, is underlined in red color, in the pictures.

post-61980-0-29788200-1387042304_thumb.jpg

Load TES5Edit with all the mods, you use in your game.

post-61980-0-24643300-1387042323_thumb.jpg

Click OK and let is finish loading.

post-61980-0-04852300-1387042346_thumb.jpg

Right click in the mod list and select "Apply Filter for Cleaning".

it doesn't matter over which mod you are for this function, as it applies to all loaded mods.

post-61980-0-92147200-1387042359_thumb.jpg

Wait for the filter process to finish. The caption of the window will then change back to "TES5Edit x.x.xx EXPERIMENTAL".

post-61980-0-59428400-1387042381_thumb.jpg

Right click every mod in the list and choose "Undelete and Disable References" and then "Remove "Identical to Master" Records".

in this case you need to right click on the target mod, as this function only affects the selected mod.

Repeat step 5 for every mod in the list, for which the mod author and BOSS don't tell you to NOT clean them.

So ya, running BOSS prior to cleaning is needed.
if a mod was cleaned and by this changed, it will be written in bold letters.

So when you're done, just close TES5Edit and a list will pop up, showing what mods where changed and can be saved.

Make sure all mods are ticked and click OK. TES5Edit will then save the changes and create a backup of the orignal plugin in the data folder for every changed file.

if you need a guide for Wrye too, let me know and i'll make one.

The same can be done for the Merged Patch, that TES5Edit can create.

Edit: TES5Edit an Wrye got nothing to do with Steam at all. So whetever you do with those programs, only affect your game (by plugins) and nothing else.

You are really a gentleman!

I need a little screenshot about the "filter window", please. Just to be sure on which tick I must check / uncheck.

I also need to update my TES5Edit. Just seen that I have 3.0.26 version and yours is 3.0.31.

Downloaded the WryeBash installer. Need I this one or is it better to choose the standalone version?

A little tutorial on WryeBash could be a great help, yes. :)

Filter: Just click the option i showed you (in the latest version of TES5Edit) and no window will pop up. it'll just apply the filter.

Wrye: Use the stand alone version. Easier this way.

And please pay close attention to what i wrote, to not clean mods, that really shouldn't be cleaned as else they stop working.

The USKP is not listst as "don't clean" but please, don't clean them. Never ever. Not the USKP or any of it's supplementals.

i think it's not important if you start at the bottom or not, but i usually work from top to bottom.

And you better do it for all mods, not only highlighted ones, as the color does not indicate if they are clean, but if they overwrite stuff from other plugins.
My list is fully cleaned, but i still got the highlighting, as you can see in the pictures.

And please remember to not cleans mods, that are listet as "don't clean" in the BOSS log and/or on the mod authors page.

Sorry, but i really can't mention this often enough, as not only you read this thread and i don't want to be spammed with bullshit, just because people didn't follow the guide closely enough.

it'll detect all supported games, if the games are installed correctly (means having their registry entrie set [can by added by Steam again, if missing]).
Select the game you want it to do the sorting for and make sure, your BOSS window (if you downloaded the GUi version) looks like this:

post-61980-0-28093200-1387044923_thumb.jpg

The "BOSS Log Format" can be kept at HTML. i simply prefer to look at the log in NP++, so it's set to "Plain Text".

Then just click on "Run BOSS".

Unknown plugins will be sorted in at the end of the load order, so you only need to apply some common sense, to sort them in at an appropriate place manually.

But be aware: The sorting of sex mods is everything else then optimal. But BOSS is only a guideline, building up a nice base of sorted mods, not a 100% solution. Please keep that in mind.

Gulp!

I found a couple of outdated plugins (not for dawnguard, for example) I still have. Updated with new versions.

I found also a new version of a facelift for Mjoll. Updated.

The strangest thing is that the worst plugins (the ones with more "dirty edits") are exactly the three Bethesda's DLC: Hearthfire, Dawnguard and Dragonborn. That's crazy!

PS: I absolutely need that the sexlab mod "Squirt" must be loaded just after the master files (the ESMs) and "above" ALL other plugins. If not, it doesn't work at all.

How can I do that in BOSS?

EDIT: No one of the SexLabs plugins are marked as "unrecognized".

In fact, almost all the unrecognized ones are custom followers and a couple I made by myself.

Just let BOSS apply a load order and then use NMM, MO, Wrye or whatever else you use, to sort in mods manually, like unknown ones, or mods that work better for you at another loading position. As you got Wrye, just use Wrye to manually sort in plugins.

And BOSS can't know self-made mods, that were never published, because how could it? it's using a sorting database, that's build up with the help of users, that report mods.

And ya, the official DLCs are very unclean. Cleaning them even gives a nice performance boost, not to mention the gained stability.

I found the "user rules editor" and I created my own rule to have SexLabSquirt just above the uskp_addon.esp (the first esp in the load order after the ESMs ones).

I didn't notice any esp that BOSS marked as "to not clean". Are all good or have I missing something?

( In other words, I can clean all plugins marked by BOSS as "dirty", right?)

The USKP is not marked as "don't clean", but never clean them.
As for all other mods: if BOSS didn't mention a mod as "don't clean", then all mods are safe (not counting unknown plugins, as BOSS simply couldn't know) for cleaning.

And you can ofc use the user rule editor, if that's your thing. i use it and yes: it's handy. i just didn't feel like explaining it. :P

Oh, well ...

downloaded and installed Boss.

downloaded and installed TES5Edit latest version.

checked all my mods with Boss.

downloaded and installed the needed upgrades / new versions.

cleaned carefully all the dirty mods (except one: "Insanity's Sorrow" that refuses to be cleaned).

ran Boss the first time.

checked in game. Some mods are not working properly.

used at least two hours to write down my own rules to have a correct load order.

checked again in game. This time it seems to work all fine.

So, after all, about one entire afternoon for this.

Conclusion:

1. I noticed a little, very little faster loading time at game start.

2. I noticed a little faster load time when changing cell where, before, it was longer.

and ...

I still have my papyrus.log fulfilled by the same lines as the first post that started this thread.

Oh, well ...  :)

That sucks.
And having to manually add "many" mods to the user lists is just awkward.

i guess you got some mods running, that were made with TES5Snip. Those are the source for lots of errors and need a very strange load order to work.

Such mods even fuck with the USKP, which you hopefully use.

Mind to post your load order?

Btw:

Whatever mod you have, that edits Helgen: Get rid of it, unless it's Helgen Reborn which is ofc supposed to edit Helgen.

Here is my load order (and the insane number of mods I have :P ):

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Hearthfires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
ApachiiHair.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
ApachiiHairMales.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
GeneralStores.esm
SexLab.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
XFLMain.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
SexLabSquirt.esp
uskp_addon.esp
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
HearthFire Display Case Fix.esp
temp_DG_missing_dialogue.esp
SC07SexLabRandomAttack.esp
AOS.esp
AOS_DGDB Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.esp
BrighterTorches.esp
Ars Metallica.esp
Ars Metallica - Dawnguard.esp
Ars Metallica - Hearthfire.esp
Ars Metallica - Dragonborn.esp
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
CraftableCloudStorage(GS).esp
GeneralStores(CCS-DG-HF).esp
Grimsever_USKP_unfix.esp
HearthFireStores(GS).esp
Lanterns.esp
Legna da Ardere - Esploratore.esp
Libri ITA fix.esp
Long Lost Chopping Blocks.esp
Long lost smelters by Hyralux.esp
LoversComfort.esp
LoversVictim.esp
PerkPointPotion.esp
SexLab TDF Aggressive Prostitution.esp
SexLabMatchMaker.esp
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
SexLabDefeat.esp
SexLabUtil1.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
RaceMenuOverlays.esp
UIExtensions.esp
SkyUI.esp
AH1 piercings.esp
Aradia Lace Dress.esp
Armored Circlets.esp
AsharaPrinceOfTheWoods.esp
Bondage Straps - UNPB BBP.esp
D13FriendlyEbonyBladeUpg.esp
selobl_DarkLillith.esp
DDD-BardsLute.esp
Devious Devices - Integration.esp
DragonboneCrossbow.esp
FA Hide Armor.esp
FullMetalBikini.esp
Hentai_mixed_Armor.esp
Insanity's Craftable Dragonbane.esp
Insanity's Dragonbane.esp
Insanity's Goldbrand.esp
Insanity's Shields.esp
Insanity's Sorrow.esp
InvisibleSeranaHood.esp
MashupUNP.esp
Mini Vamps.esp
NewVampChainsCuirass.esp
NightingaleArrows.esp
nightshade_armor_UNPB.esp
NN_ElvishDresses.esp
Omegared99-Compilation.esp
Sexy Armor Package.esp
Silverlight Armor.esp
skyforgedShields.esp
SleekSteel_StandAlone.esp
Sovngarde Steel Armor and Weapons.esp
StrapOnbyaeonv1.1.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
Witch Elf Armour.esp
ERSO 30 - Better Enemy AI redux.esp
Breezehome Loft Crafting.esp
My Home Is Your Home.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
ShowersInInns.esp
SSBreezeHomeMod.esp
Whiterun Ferns.esp
AddChoices01.esp
Dawnbreaker Enhanced.esp
DawnguardDawnbreaker_SunFireEd.esp
DisableRangedKillCams1.6.esp
ESFCompanions.esp
GSRDivorce.esp
Hemet2CircletReplacer.esp
NeutralHjerim.esp
OpenFaceGuardHelmets.esp
Realistic werewolf speed.esp
SexLab Horny Followers.esp
SexLab Romance.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
dD - Easy Lift Bodies and Objects.esp
Thieves Guild Requirements.esp
Skyrim Unlimited Rings and Amulets IT.esp
UnreadBooksGlow.esp
Zarias_Piercings1.esp
skyforgedWeapons.esp
Nausicaa's Tweaker.esp
Drinking Fountains of Skyrim.esp
Tamriel Reloaded.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
AOS_CoT 3.1 compatibility patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-4.esp
PrivateNeeds.esp
PrivateNeeds-Sexlab.esp
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp
RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp
RND_DrinkingFountains-Patch.esp
PrivateNeeds-RND.esp
outhouse.esp
RND_USKP-Patch.esp
StaminaCarryWeight_25.esp
Predator Vision.esp
SexLab Enchantress.esp
Better Fus Ro Dah.esp
DragonFire.esp
dovahkiinrelax.esp
Better Stealth AI for Followers.esp
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
ABT - Faster Arrows Improved +100%.esp
ABT - Faster Bolts Improved +100%.esp
ABT - Increased Bolts Damage (Vanilla) +100%.esp
ABT - Increased Progressive Damage (with Nord Hero Arrow) +100%.esp
SexLab Cumshot.esp
Brows.esp
LovelyHairstylesLITE.esp
LycHairstyler.esp
MacKom_LoreStylesHairSet.esp
SGEyebrows.esp
BS-TheHag_Overlays.esp
BS-TheHag_WarPaints.esp
RaceMenuOverlayCompilation.esp
RaceMenuPantyhose.esp
Tribal Tattoo Overlays.esp
TSLCF1.esp
The Ningheim.esp
TemptressVixen.esp
XFLConfig.esp
XFLDialogue.esp
XFLPanel.esp
XFLPlugins.esp
XFLHorses.esp
Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp
ESFAela.esp
mayatola UFF.esp
The Ningheim - Followers.esp
Follower Trap Safety.esp
CharGen Morphs.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
AOS_RWT Patch.esp
Cartographers Map Markers.esp
Ashe The Ranger.esp
HousecarlMarkarth.esp
Lisette.esp
belrand1a.esp
CamillaValerius.esp
CarlottaValentia.esp
Delphine.esp
ElisifTheFair.esp
Eola.esp
Haelga.esp
HousecarlWindhelm.esp
Lilith.esp
MHBLydia.esp
MHBJordis.esp
MHBIona.esp
Serana1.3.esp
mjollfacelift-v4-1-Blonde.esp
Sapphire.esp
Thaiden.esp
SvenTheBlond.esp
Mychar002.esp
Mjoll_Female.esp
Vex.esp
MartinWallace.esp
Leona The Warrior.esp
Haraldsson.esp
Coda The Defender.esp
zzzEverlastingWeaponEnchant.esp
AthenaHairFixed.esp
Ningheim Morphs.esp
Increased Fog Distance All In One.esp
DawnguardDawnbreaker_SF_ElemFuryFx.esp
DragonboneWeapons.esp
E0PortableBedroll.esp
WearablePubes.esp
BipedSlots.esp
ImmersiveFP.esp

The funny thing is that I don't have mods about Helgen. No one.
But I remember one thing, just in this moment:

When I was escaping from the burning Helgen with Ralof, we fight at the almost end of the run against some Imperials. After that there is a wooden bridge that must be lowered by a lever. Normally is Ralof to action the lever but, this time, I was the first to arrive and I actioned myself the lever. I went across the bridge, in the following cave. There was the ruin of the passage and I didn't see Ralof. No more, even if I exit the cave. So, I re-enter in the cave and I used the console to move him nearby me (to have the dialogue that finish the quest, at the end just outside the cave, when he claims that Alduin is gone and we are free). The quest ended normally and we went in Riverwood as normal.
Maybe, the Ralof's disappearance was the cause of this glitch?

EDIT: the time I wasted to create my own rules and "move" mods was MAINLY about my custom followers. I've really many of them and, if I don't place their esp really later, at the bottom of the list, I suffer ALWAYS of the "blackface bug". So, I had to move all of them )see the list) at the end of the load order.

i know only a fraction of those mods. X'D

But if Ralof really vanished, yes this could have been the problem as this was very likely not intended. :D

i hate this part at the bridge, as i always have to wait for the NPC i'm fleeing with. Waiting for him to pull the lever or wait for him, to finally progress foward after i pulled the lever. :/

But afterall: You finally run cleaned mods, which is never a bad thing. ;)

And knowing that you started a new game, you might want to consider using these vanilla script fixes, by steve40:

They need a new game, but they deliver a tad more stability and performance, by adding more conditions and removing not needed loops from some vanilla scripts.

And while you're at it, this is a nice addon as well:

bookshelves script SKSE

Archived