Do you prefer more clothing colors, or less colors more wear options?

Happysparkles

Do you prefer more colors or wear Option for clothing?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer more clothing colors or Less colors and more wear options?

• I prefer to have more colors, since with so many outfits I can have better mix and match options.
    • I prefer more wear options, as with many options for one outfit, provides more variety.

Hello folks,

Well I could not resist, but to make another Lovers Lab poll.

As some of you already know, I am working on improving my mods and also working on a VERY ambitious project, which will bring over 1k clothing articles to 4 bodies I work with and another one to be discussed with the community (in a future topic I make).

Now with that being said, someone mentioend to me that they've noticed a change in my mod style, and this in fact is correct. The thing they questioned, is if it was better or not. TBH this question is good, as I am evolving as a modder, my plans for my mods have also done so, some for better others for worst, presumably.

The question I pose to you guys. and I REALLY want opinions more than anything, since a conversations poses your opinion on them (also decided to make this a public poll. I personally will not vote, as I have no stake nor, opinion in the matter.  Basically for my future mods, as well as it Totoko City, would you rather have More Clothing Colors which will allow you to match a lot more correspondingly with other sets, or would you rather me go back to my old style where I made several versions of the same outfit, and all outfits had their own bra's and panties but the outfits were limited to 2-6ish colors.

My old style pics.

Oblivion+2013-12-08+14-32-36-57.jpg

Oblivion+2013-12-08+14-33-49-54.jpg

Oblivion+2013-12-08+14-34-04-97.jpg

Oblivion+2013-12-08+14-39-20-68.jpg

Oblivion+2013-12-08+14-39-39-66.jpg

Oblivion+2013-12-08+14-40-18-58.jpg

Oblivion+2013-12-08+14-40-35-45.jpg

Oblivion+2013-12-08+14-40-54-35.jpg

With my old style, it came with individual panties and bra's as well as default sets (aka the idea of how the set should be). It had the option of going commando under the skirt and also choosing different panties under it. Most pieces came as tails, amulates and anything else I can do to make many different wear options within one outfit. But because the bloat with meshes and textures it only made 4 colors for the set to save time as it also required separate GND's

My new Style

Oblivion+2013-12-08+14-43-03-19.jpg

Oblivion+2013-12-08+14-45-08-16.jpg

Oblivion+2013-12-08+14-47-09-54.jpg

Oblivion+2013-12-08+14-48-55-52.jpg

Oblivion+2013-12-08+14-51-16-67.jpg

The new style has more of a I pick, you wear feel to it, but comes with more pieces and many colors.  The great thing is that you have about 22ish colors (some more or less different shades of the same color) and they more or less correspond to each other, making it a sure thing that one outfits shirt will match another skirt. Also came with separate accessories as well with 22 colors making it compatible for unrelated mods.

Anyway, please let me know your opinions.

Thanks,

HappySparkles ^_^.

The link for the old mod: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/23727-seductive-frill-set-old-version/ (The Seductive Frill Set)

I would like both...but your new style is fine if you only do one :)

Well yeah, I wish I'd do both too, but that would be time consuming, if I make 1k+ clothing. Basically it kind of becomes a matter of me choosing if I want to spend time on just making colors (like I do with some of my more recent releases).  My style is always somewhat evolving in a sense, but for the most part I am aiming to see which fans prefer.

Since both have their advantages and disadvantages. I kind of gotten lazy with some recent mods, I must confess that. This is quality that after the release of all my current mods, I will be fixing it and going to put the GND's and pictures back into future mods :D.

A question to you, if it is OK. Which body do you prefer? My Fembody (FCPA , but in TS only) or do you like my Sui-Guts More?

Oblivion+2013-12-08+18-13-40-53.jpg Sui Guts F  

Oblivion+2013-12-08+18-15-30-35.jpg Sui Guts B  

Oblivion+2013-12-08+18-24-52-30.jpg FCPA Femboy (FB) F  

Oblivion+2013-12-08+18-22-38-60.jpg FCPA Femboy (FB) B

Thank you again for Voting JohnB,

-HS :D

My opinion- I like to be able to take a little of this and maybe a little of that to match up. Depending on the days mood ;)

Bottom line though- You are making these, do it the way that feels good for you.

Mem

Thanks Mem!

I appreciate this insight.

You're absolutely right, and because this is up to me, I want my fans / friends to decide.

I like both approaches, but will stick to only the winner, as it will be following through completely.

Keep in mind with More colors = they will more or less be made with other sets in mind, but it will also potentially mean less time spent on varying patterns, so say, The Koala Bear Panties will not be replaced with the Panda ones for set 2, but rather the Koala bear will have a yellow background instead of a black one that the panda may have. 

Also Keep in mind with the Mix and Match, it will contain more patterns and have pieces that will be swapped in and out for the mood. But at the same time will mean less options (I will probably aim on average from 4-10 different patterns) the catch is that these different patterns may mean 100% not matching with another outfits set.

Also Mem same question as above to you.

Body wise, which do you prefer, Sui Guts or Femboy TS? :).

Ty for voting as well Mem :D.

-HS ^+^

This probably is a natural evolution, gradually changing over time. When starting out I loved installing full mods that had a lot of colour variants for one and the same outfit. Like 'Latexshop' mods for example. But nowadays that I selectively put single outfits into my own compilation esps I prefer one colour variant tailor-made for a specific character, to go with the hair or match another piece of equipment (= weapon).

It sure is up to you, and mix & match is nice for many users. So you'd best stick to at least a reasonable assortment of different colour variants for your mods. But there's no actual need for thirteen variants with several shades of the same colour, maybe.

As for the body, I like the FCPA very much. Still Sui-GUTS is way hotter because of the big boobs and shapely legs.

Colors can be manipulated in many way. 3d over 2d are preferable on video game graphis?

(Unless it‘s bikinies and undies)

This is very true.

Thus far, the HIGH majority seems to prefer the Options with less colors.

XD, Well I do make a lot of undies and Bikinis ;).

This probably is a natural evolution, gradually changing over time. When starting out I loved installing full mods that had a lot of colour variants for one and the same outfit. Like 'Latexshop' mods for example. But nowadays that I selectively put single outfits into my own compilation esps I prefer one colour variant tailor-made for a specific character, to go with the hair or match another piece of equipment (= weapon).

It sure is up to you, and mix & match is nice for many users. So you'd best stick to at least a reasonable assortment of different colour variants for your mods. But there's no actual need for thirteen variants with several shades of the same colour, maybe.

As for the body, I like the FCPA very much. Still Sui-GUTS is way hotter because of the big boobs and shapely legs.

This is understandable, I think it makes sense. I also like both approaches. Of course I prefer the situational approach, but with Totoko City I want there to be a theme and consistency.  This too, many of my collections come with a Wep, IE the Rescue Board with my LifeGaurd Outfit!

Oblivion+2013-12-09+19-55-35-39.jpg

Generally speaking, yes, you're right it is up to me.  But I think this post is also very good, and I persoanlly have no preference. I originally planned for Totoko City to have unique colors and patterns in clothing (meaning not all are just retex's of the same thing but rather completely different patterns) I think having over 1k Tops and Bottoms alone to choose from will be great enough. Also This is not including the "Intended Panties and Bra" which if I do the whole stand alone piece thing I will in be able to add the bra under each one (given it's not a waste of resources) like a full non transparent sweeter may not have the actual bra under it, hell you may not even know the Lingerie set I've intended to put into it. Just it will be there in the Sexy Shops for Panties and Bras. Also I intend to add more Thongs than Originally intended, since FF did a REALLY nice bribing factor (probably even making DMRA a possibility too, although again I will see, since I know this body is Popular and I do not want the mod to be about DMRA but rather the City and Different Body types, particularly the ones I support and the last one that LoversLabers will soon get the option to sound off on).

I honestly think that tbh, the goal of me modding is to bring different things than what's already popular. Stupid move, especially considering that no my mods don't exactly get "Air Time" But people like you (Poontank) and Flinging Feces and other people doing things like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnjkHkpof0k&feature=youtu.be

..shows me that I it's worth the time spent on doing what I do :).

Also Poonie Tankie, I know for sure you like both ;).

But say if Santa threw one girl in your lap for X-Mas with a bunch out sexy outfits, would you the Sexy Femboy with cute little dong and sexy curvy hips, or would you take the SuiGuts body with some thick thighs and a very thick ass?  You had to pick one, and you'll be trapped for the Winter with her in a Remote Shack, which one would you like to spend that time with? xD.

-HappySparkles :D.

...Also Mem same question as above to you.

You tend to not ask easy question... humph.

I enjoy variety and use setbody a lot for different chars.

Though the Sui-Cup is a design of its own (and a nice one), there are several others that are in the same vein where as the FCPA is more rare and exotic (?).  So I would say FCPA.

[glancing out the window] and darn it... it really is snowing again and they don't have the roads clear from the weekend yet.

Mem

...Also Mem same question as above to you.

You tend to not ask easy question... humph.

I enjoy variety and use setbody a lot for different chars.

Though the Sui-Cup is a design of its own (and a nice one), there are several others that are in the same vein where as the FCPA is more rare and exotic (?).  So I would say FCPA.

[glancing out the window] and darn it... it really is snowing again and they don't have the roads clear from the weekend yet.

Mem

That I do, but Ho ho ho!!

Santa left a little present for you in your mailbox!!!

Personally, I prefer the sui-guts body, Haps.

Hmm, nice choice.

Sorry for the delayed responses. I am dealing with my PC issues yet again :(.

I think maybe I loss some data this time and will result in my wiping 2TB of Data (which includes about 80GB of my own mods) some of which may not be salvageable, but I'll try my best. I am rather prudent, so I do have certain things handy (like the Sui-Guts body  ;) and some others, so thankfully those are stored in several places. Sadly I lost some of my newest armor that I've been working up :(. Maybe it is sign to keep training harder though ^_^.

Now as this may sound sad, I find it to be fortunate as I think I will be able to really start from a clean slate, which has been something I've been debating for a while.  So I look at this in a positive light.

None the less stay tuned for it, and for those who've left me private messages, I will try to respond, but sadly besides having PC issues; I've been busy all in itself and not really checking my messages atm :(.

Archived