nopse0 Posted September 17 Author Posted September 17 (edited) On 9/15/2026 at 7:17 AM, qisexuanlv said: Hello, I'd like to know if the latest version paired with the SKSE menu has fixed this issue. In older versions, when the player opened the menu, the operable NPCs included the player character, nearby NPCs, and NPCs from the tattoo history. All of these were stored in the same array. Papyrus arrays have a limit of 128 entries. So once the player added tattoos to more than 128 characters, nearby NPCs could no longer be scanned. I’m wondering if this problem has been resolved now. Sure, this is C++, not Papyrus. The "highActorHandle" "ProcessList" of the game is filtered by "ActorTypeNPC" , and the results are put in a vector (there is also a "low" and a "mid" actor list, I think the "high" list are the most relevant actors (relatively close to the player, not at the other end of Skyrim, while the "low" list are all actors in the game): static void find_npcs(std::vector<RE::Actor*>& actors) { const auto processLists = RE::ProcessLists::GetSingleton(); if (!processLists) { return; } static const auto* ActorTypeNPC = RE::TESForm::LookupByEditorID<RE::BGSKeyword>("ActorTypeNPC"); for (auto& targetHandle : processLists->highActorHandles) { const auto actorPtr = targetHandle.get(); if (!actorPtr) { continue; } // Check if actor is NPC (leave out if you want all actors) const auto base = actorPtr->GetActorBase(); if (base && base->GetRace()->HasKeyword(ActorTypeNPC)) { actors.push_back(actorPtr.get()); } } return; } Edited September 17 by nopse0
Darth Deathclaw Posted September 20 Posted September 20 On 9/17/2026 at 1:59 PM, nopse0 said: Are you using the newest Skyrim update ? SlaveTatsNG is unchanged, still for Skyrim <= 1.6.1170. I am playing on version 1.7.104.0 Might be an issue with address library.
nopse0 Posted September 20 Author Posted September 20 (edited) 3 hours ago, Darth Deathclaw said: I am playing on version 1.7.104.0 Might be an issue with address library. Yes, but somehow this makes no sense, I guess you have the newest address library, and I thought plugins just lookup the addresses of the actually used Skyrim version in the library, that's what it is for. But maybe, there are some symbolic constants, or other references to a certain address library version, so that still recompilation is needed. Ps: I guess the library has a table, like function -> [(version, address), (version, address), ....], and now this array with (version, address) pairs has one entry more, so that different address library versions aren't compatible. Edited September 20 by nopse0
qisexuanlv Posted September 24 Posted September 24 Hi, I saw this image elsewhere. Is this a feature of the NG version? I downloaded and installed SlaveTatsNG-0.8.2 and SlaveTatsGUI-MCP-0.0.1, but when I open the SKSE menu in-game, I don’t see an interface like this. Could anyone help me figure this out? Thanks.
qisexuanlv Posted September 24 Posted September 24 I've encountered several issues with the SKSE menu: 1. Some NPCs are right next to me, but their names do not appear in the SKSE menu. However, I can find them when I open the MCM. 2. After some clicking operations, once I select an actor, the tattoo pack selection options below disappear. They were available at first. I’m not sure what triggers this bug. Reopening the SKSE menu or switching between different actors won’t bring those tattoo options back after it happens. 3. When a popup window is open, if I click the SKSE menu accidentally, the popup gets sent underneath the menu and becomes hard to see. Clicking the popup button again does not bring it back. This can be confusing. I suggest adding a mechanism: if the panel is already open, clicking its button again should bring the panel to the top.
nopse0 Posted September 24 Author Posted September 24 5 hours ago, qisexuanlv said: Hi, I saw this image elsewhere. Is this a feature of the NG version? I downloaded and installed SlaveTatsNG-0.8.2 and SlaveTatsGUI-MCP-0.0.1, but when I open the SKSE menu in-game, I don’t see an interface like this. Could anyone help me figure this out? Thanks. No, I think someone made a slavetats tattoo selector, where you can see a preview of the textures, I remember I saw it advertised either here or on Nexusmods, but haven't tried it myself yet
nopse0 Posted September 24 Author Posted September 24 (edited) 5 hours ago, qisexuanlv said: I've encountered several issues with the SKSE menu: 1. Some NPCs are right next to me, but their names do not appear in the SKSE menu. However, I can find them when I open the MCM. 2. After some clicking operations, once I select an actor, the tattoo pack selection options below disappear. They were available at first. I’m not sure what triggers this bug. Reopening the SKSE menu or switching between different actors won’t bring those tattoo options back after it happens. 3. When a popup window is open, if I click the SKSE menu accidentally, the popup gets sent underneath the menu and becomes hard to see. Clicking the popup button again does not bring it back. This can be confusing. I suggest adding a mechanism: if the panel is already open, clicking its button again should bring the panel to the top. 1. could be, that I filter the "ProcessLists.highActorHandles" of the game for actors with the keyword "ActorTypeNPC". But I think every real NPC has this keyword set via its race. A more permissive check would be, to check if the actor is of FormType 43. Were the missing actors in a scene ? Could be the game pauses processing actors, when they are animating Edited September 24 by nopse0
qisexuanlv Posted September 24 Posted September 24 1 hour ago, nopse0 said: 1. could be, that I filter the "ProcessLists.highActorHandles" of the game for actors with the keyword "ActorTypeNPC". But I think every real NPC has this keyword set via its race. A more permissive check would be, to check if the actor is of FormType 43. Were the missing actors in a scene ? Could be the game pauses processing actors, when they are animating Thanks for your work. These issues I mentioned above are not critical bugs. I’m just wondering if future updates will add an interface similar to the one shown in that screenshot?
qisexuanlv Posted September 25 Posted September 25 8 hours ago, qisexuanlv said: Thanks for your work. These issues I mentioned above are not critical bugs. I’m just wondering if future updates will add an interface similar to the one shown in that screenshot? I’ve finally tracked down the source of that UI interface. Even better, it is built to work with your SlaveTats‑NG, so they can be used together perfectly. I’m leaving the link here in case other users are looking for it too: [https://arca.live/b/tullius/177501699](https://arca.live/b/tullius/177501699)
Notshauna Posted September 25 Posted September 25 Are there any plans to update this mod to 1.7.104.0 or alternatively making a patch so that it supports that version?
nopse0 Posted September 26 Author Posted September 26 (edited) 18 hours ago, Notshauna said: Are there any plans to update this mod to 1.7.104.0 or alternatively making a patch so that it supports that version? It's a dilemma, if i update to a newer Git version of commonlibsse-ng (I had this before), people will complain again that it doesn't run on Linux and Windows 8.1 (newer versions use brand-new Windows features, older Windows don't have, so kernel refuses to load them), the version I use is the most compatible one, runs everywhere. Edited September 26 by nopse0 1
Notshauna Posted September 27 Posted September 27 On 9/26/2026 at 11:08 AM, nopse0 said: It's a dilemma, if i update to a newer Git version of commonlibsse-ng (I had this before), people will complain again that it doesn't run on Linux and Windows 8.1 (newer versions use brand-new Windows features, older Windows don't have, so kernel refuses to load them), the version I use is the most compatible one, runs everywhere. Yeah that's a difficult dilemma, the only solution would be doing both which is just additional work for you to maintain and develop. Thank you for the response, I appreciate the clarification.
qisexuanlv Posted September 28 Posted September 28 Hi there, I’m writing to ask if you plan to add features similar to the SlaveTat UI in future updates. I’ve tested SlaveTat, but I feel it’s not quite user-friendly enough. While it can display DDS textures, the preview is far too small to see clearly. As far as I know, the SKSE menu framework supports direct rendering of DDS files. I’ve seen other mods implement a double-click function to zoom in on textures for close inspection. Right now when applying a tattoo, we can only guess the result from its name, which is often imprecise. It would be amazing if we could browse tattoo previews visually and zoom in to examine fine details. Thank you for your hard work on this mod!
nopse0 Posted September 28 Author Posted September 28 6 hours ago, qisexuanlv said: Hi there, I’m writing to ask if you plan to add features similar to the SlaveTat UI in future updates. I’ve tested SlaveTat, but I feel it’s not quite user-friendly enough. While it can display DDS textures, the preview is far too small to see clearly. As far as I know, the SKSE menu framework supports direct rendering of DDS files. I’ve seen other mods implement a double-click function to zoom in on textures for close inspection. Right now when applying a tattoo, we can only guess the result from its name, which is often imprecise. It would be amazing if we could browse tattoo previews visually and zoom in to examine fine details. Thank you for your hard work on this mod! Yes, would be a nice feature, I also often was annoyed, that you have to manually apply hundreds of tattoos to find out how they look like. Instead of mapping the texture on a flat rectangle, mapping it on a small preview body (or face, hands, feet) would also be nice. But sounds like a lot of work, not sure if I will do this.
RevanCathal Posted September 29 Posted September 29 (edited) On 8/18/2026 at 2:34 AM, nopse0 said: Is it literally saying this ? Because I don't find this message in the sources. Probably you don't have SlaveTatsNG installed, or something overwrites SlaveTats.pex from SlaveTatsNG. If NIOverride/RaceMenu is not found, when SlaveTatsNG.dll is loaded, Skyrim won't start at all, because I call 'abort', if I don't find it. So, I guess it isn't loaded at all. std::string dll_name = config->skee_dll_name; if (dll_name.empty()) { std::string default_dll_name; if (GetModuleHandleA("skee64.dll") != NULL) default_dll_name = "skee64.dll"; else if (GetModuleHandleA("skeevr.dll") != NULL) default_dll_name = "skeevr.dll"; else { logger::info("skee dll name undefined"); abort(); } dll_name = default_dll_name; } HMODULE base_module = GetModuleHandleA(dll_name.c_str()); if (!base_module) { logger::info("Module {} is not loaded", dll_name); abort(); } logger::info("NIOverride base address: GetModuleHandleA({}) = {}", dll_name, (uintptr_t)base_module); char* base_addr = (char*)base_module; auto hash = slavetats_ng::utility::System::md5_hash("data/skse/plugins/" + dll_name); logger::info("{} md5 hash = {}", dll_name, hash); if (hash.empty()) { logger::info("Unable to calculate hash for dll {}", dll_name); abort(); } auto table_it = offset_tables.find(hash); if (table_it == offset_tables.end()) { logger::info("Found no skee offset table for dll with hash {}", hash); abort(); } I'm getting that exact same error message of "Slavetats requires nioverride or RaceMenu" on a new game, and it's happening with or without Slavetats NG installed. I'm reinstalling the 1.3.9 version to see if it's just an issue with something having been accidentally deleted. Edited September 29 by RevanCathal
nopse0 Posted September 29 Author Posted September 29 10 hours ago, RevanCathal said: I'm getting that exact same error message of "Slavetats requires nioverride or RaceMenu" on a new game, and it's happening with or without Slavetats NG installed. I'm reinstalling the 1.3.9 version to see if it's just an issue with something having been accidentally deleted. Perhaps something checks, if SlaveTats.esp is present, and, if not, falsely assumes, SlaveTats wasn't installed, because RaceMenu is missing. Yes, installing 1.3.9 or an empty dummy SlaveTats.esp perhaps fixes the problem.
RevanCathal Posted October 1 Posted October 1 On 9/29/2026 at 2:00 PM, nopse0 said: Perhaps something checks, if SlaveTats.esp is present, and, if not, falsely assumes, SlaveTats wasn't installed, because RaceMenu is missing. Yes, installing 1.3.9 or an empty dummy SlaveTats.esp perhaps fixes the problem. It's possible I may have at least solved it for my load order running on game version 1170. At bare minimum I've discovered that a patch meant to fix overlay flickering when changing cells or loading a save head been preventing body, hands and feet overlays from actually appearing on bodies.
fkt Posted October 1 Posted October 1 Has anyone encountered this problem? https://www.loverslab.com/topic/25398-slavetats/page/198/#findComment-7408645
no_way Posted October 2 Posted October 2 On 9/26/2026 at 8:08 AM, nopse0 said: It's a dilemma, if i update to a newer Git version of commonlibsse-ng (I had this before), people will complain again that it doesn't run on Linux and Windows 8.1 (newer versions use brand-new Windows features, older Windows don't have, so kernel refuses to load them), the version I use is the most compatible one, runs everywhere. People are still on windows 8? its not even supported by microsoft, I don't think any mod developer has any reason or obligation to support users.
abcd99 Posted Friday at 03:47 PM Posted Friday at 03:47 PM (edited) SlaveTatsNG recompiled for Skyrim 1.7.x SlaveTatsNG-Skyrim-1.7.x.zip Edit: Please install this UNDER the SlaveTatsNG v0.8.2 Edited Monday at 07:17 PM by abcd99 1
shane400m Posted Sunday at 11:40 PM Posted Sunday at 11:40 PM im running into the problem of slavetats applying textures outside of the mods functions of applying them. This was furst noticed randomly applying the same textures from two other mods post sexlab scene, but then i noticed with og Slavetats to view the mcm that even on a new game the mcm showed it selected those same textures, and wouldd apply them upon menu close. All files wiped and new LO and they still pull those textures and apply them when they arent supposed to be applied.
dopem Posted Monday at 06:17 PM Posted Monday at 06:17 PM On 10/2/2026 at 6:47 PM, abcd99 said: SlaveTatsNG recompiled for Skyrim 1.7.x SlaveTatsNG-Skyrim-1.7.x.zip 414.14 kB · 3 downloads I'm using this patch too but my game doesn't see slavetats (version 1.7.104), the mod doesn't launch at all and isn't detected by any other mods too. any help please? ❤️❤️
nopse0 Posted Monday at 06:33 PM Author Posted Monday at 06:33 PM 18 hours ago, shane400m said: im running into the problem of slavetats applying textures outside of the mods functions of applying them. This was furst noticed randomly applying the same textures from two other mods post sexlab scene, but then i noticed with og Slavetats to view the mcm that even on a new game the mcm showed it selected those same textures, and wouldd apply them upon menu close. All files wiped and new LO and they still pull those textures and apply them when they arent supposed to be applied. What tattoos are these?, some mods like RapeTats, Apropos2, etc. automatically add tattoos on their own. Also, SlaveTats keeps its data, what tattoos an actor has, in the save game via JContainers, so if you use an existing game, just deinstalling SlaveTats and then reinstalling it, doesn't clear that data.
abcd99 Posted Monday at 07:16 PM Posted Monday at 07:16 PM 58 minutes ago, dopem said: I'm using this patch too but my game doesn't see slavetats (version 1.7.104), the mod doesn't launch at all and isn't detected by any other mods too. any help please? ❤️❤️ Did you install the patch UNDER the SlaveTatsNG (not replacing it)?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now