[WIP] Lover's Victim 2014-01-06

@nutluck

Maybe you don't know it but there is already a mod here that makes almost the same thing you suggest. It's  "SexLab Utils".

With it you can add a lot of effects (calm, fear, frenzy, health - magicka - stamina regen rate plus or minor and so on).

Yes I use it, but it is set values. Not progressive, steadily getting worse unless given time to recoup.

I'm wondering about the new update. If you disable the brawls, will npcs go directly to the I beat you down "situation"? Or will nothing happen at all for running around naked in front of people? My point being that for the most part npcs won't be able to take down my character in a fistfight unless I let them or they're recent followers I've dismissed who have the levels to do it.

If npcs don't rape your character or whatever unless you have brawls turned on, might I suggest adding an option to allow them to just take you without having to brawl?

My biggest concern is when I walk into a town at night, get into a brawl with a guard, and then have vampires attack while I'm stuck in brawling mode. Usually drawing a weapon nets you an immediate assault bounty as well as having every guard in town attack you on sight, all the vampires, and who knows what sorts of other issues could creep up.

The option is awesome, but I always avoid anything having to do with brawls in skyrim. The brawl system in skyrim breaks too easily.

I'm wondering about the new update. If you disable the brawls, will npcs go directly to the I beat you down "situation"? Or will nothing happen at all for running around naked in front of people? My point being that for the most part npcs won't be able to take down my character in a fistfight unless I let them or they're recent followers I've dismissed who have the levels to do it.

If npcs don't rape your character or whatever unless you have brawls turned on, might I suggest adding an option to allow them to just take you without having to brawl?

My biggest concern is when I walk into a town at night, get into a brawl with a guard, and then have vampires attack while I'm stuck in brawling mode. Usually drawing a weapon nets you an immediate assault bounty as well as having every guard in town attack you on sight, all the vampires, and who knows what sorts of other issues could creep up.

The option is awesome, but I always avoid anything having to do with brawls in skyrim. The brawl system in skyrim breaks too easily.

If you disable brawl, then NPC will skip the brawl and go directly to rape.

With brawl you can prevent the rape.

NPC also gets +15 unarmed damage perk during the fight, so it might be tough fight.

I had the "Reduced distance npc greetings" mod and I disabled it because I was pretty sure that it didn't allow the right dialogue (Lover's victim one).

I just tried it out, disabled that and went close to a NPC who had a very high arousal. Didn't seem to react before I spoke to them. Might be something else, I suppose.

Hmm, I'm wondering if "No NPC Greeting" is interfering with how this mod works.

For instance there was a guard with 99 Arousal who did nothing until I tried to speak to them. I'll shall try it again without the "No NPC Greeting" mod. The mod basically sets the distance from which NPCs automatically say something to zero.

Rape event is triggered by NPC greeting (Hello) so any mods that disable/modify greeting would effect the mod.

There are multiple greeting for each NPC so rape is not guaranteed to trigger, but some other greeting, like "I used to be adventurer like you...".   This gives some randomness to event, and theoretically can be certain if you increase quest priority.

Edit: Also note that there is w8ing time between the events, that can be changed in MCM. Change of time effects only after next rape.

Sorry, don't understand if I need Dangerously Nude to be active together with this mod or not.

Thanx

You don't need Dangerously Nude for Lovers's Victim to run all it's function.

Sounds like a wonderful update. Just have 2 questions. 1)Will female NPC's rape you if you are naked? And 2) Can you select to brawl males but not females or vice versa?

1) Yes

2) Not currently

I'm not really fond of the hp regeneration reduction as it just doesn't make any sense.

The lingering effects would be mental, your body however would still go about healing you even if you didn't want it to.

Instead I think the debuff effects should all be mental affects. So perhaps a temporary reduction to a player's maximum allowable skill level in all categories of 15% per level to a maximum of 75% maximum skill level per skill. So for example an archmage would have at most 25 levels in destruction magic after getting raped 5 times.

I think that is more appropriate.

I think the HP regeneration reduction is there so that you have to be extra careful in your upcoming fights or get raped again :shy: .

But it doesn't make any sense from a RP or ingame perspective.

It is way too videogamey for me.

Since the entire point of this is RP, then the debuff has to be justified via an ingame incharacter reason and cannot be there simply for game mechanic reasons. Thus an attack that can only be thought of as damaging your current physical state and continuous mental state cannot result in a change to something like healing which it would have no different a physical effect than getting bashed by a mace or stung by a sword would.

And you can make people want to be just as extra careful using a RP debuff as you could by using a videgamey uncreative debuff like a reduciton to healing.

I gave a perfect example. Since the character would have suffered extreme mental trauma, let the debuff deal with things you'd associate with extreme mental trauma, such as having all of your skills reduced by 75% at level 5. That would make you unable to gain the benefit of any skill tree skill other than the first 1 or 2 tiers and you will also be dealing much less damage and basically failing more often. Want to try unlocking a mastery difficult lock? Not once you've been raped 5 times. This would of course affect both combat as well as noncombat and makes a million times more sense from a RP standpoint than the stupid hp regeneration debuff.

I just really hate when things like this are placed in a game where the player is trying to RP but which are completely at odds with allowing the player to have a deeper RP experience.

Sounds like a wonderful update. Just have 2 questions. 1)Will female NPC's rape you if you are naked? And 2) Can you select to brawl males but not females or vice versa?

1) Yes

2) Not currently

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great mod except for the homosexual part.  I don't play a female character to be a lesbian, I player her to be a ... well, a her, not a shem.  Hope you fix the mod to accommodate the obviously small minority who doesn't care for the homosexual  animations.

I love the idea of "PC get raped by aroused NPC on sleep ..."  I know of a mod that interrupts sleep by attacker, complete with drowsy effects, so I can see it working to interrupt a PC's sleep by a rapist.

One problem I'm having right now is the brawl option - get into a brawl, get knocked to the ground, that's the end, no rape.  The NPC goes about his business like nothing happened.   

Good mod, I like it and it seems to work well, but as suggested I would add 2 more MCM menu options:

1 - Opposite sex only (this allows players to decide if they want male/female, or same sex encounters)

2 - A configurable menu to adjust the health debuff when you become a victim (default 40, but can be increased or decreased as the player likes, 0 turns this off) - I  suggest this because some like the immersion and uncheck brawl, so are "willingly" letting themselves get taken and therefore should not be as "damaged" by the assault.

Keep up the good work!

How naked do you have to be to trigger it….just the torso or do you have to take off everything?

Also it there a way to check to see if it is working?

you don't have to take off anything if you don't want.  Just set your current clothing to naked in Aroused.

How naked do you have to be to trigger it….just the torso or do you have to take off everything?

Also it there a way to check to see if it is working?

At SexLab Aroused you have menu there you can define what naked is.

Would it be possible to add an option that disables getting rapped by females?  Restrict the rapping to just male on female?

Good mod, I like it and it seems to work well, but as suggested I would add 2 more MCM menu options:

1 - Opposite sex only (this allows players to decide if they want male/female, or same sex encounters)

2 - A configurable menu to adjust the health debuff when you become a victim (default 40, but can be increased or decreased as the player likes, 0 turns this off) - I  suggest this because some like the immersion and uncheck brawl, so are "willingly" letting themselves get taken and therefore should not be as "damaged" by the assault.

Keep up the good work!

1) Yes

2) Not currently

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great mod except for the homosexual part.  I don't play a female character to be a lesbian, I player her to be a ... well, a her, not a shem.  Hope you fix the mod to accommodate the obviously small minority who doesn't care for the homosexual  animations.

I love the idea of "PC get raped by aroused NPC on sleep ..."  I know of a mod that interrupts sleep by attacker, complete with drowsy effects, so I can see it working to interrupt a PC's sleep by a rapist.

One problem I'm having right now is the brawl option - get into a brawl, get knocked to the ground, that's the end, no rape.  The NPC goes about his business like nothing happened.   

I think the HP regeneration reduction is there so that you have to be extra careful in your upcoming fights or get raped again :shy: .

Since the entire point of this is RP, then the debuff has to be justified via an ingame incharacter reason and cannot be there simply for game mechanic reasons. Thus an attack that can only be thought of as damaging your current physical state and continuous mental state cannot result in a change to something like healing which it would have no different a physical effect than getting bashed by a mace or stung by a sword would.

And you can make people want to be just as extra careful using a RP debuff as you could by using a videgamey uncreative debuff like a reduciton to healing.

I gave a perfect example. Since the character would have suffered extreme mental trauma, let the debuff deal with things you'd associate with extreme mental trauma, such as having all of your skills reduced by 75% at level 5. That would make you unable to gain the benefit of any skill tree skill other than the first 1 or 2 tiers and you will also be dealing much less damage and basically failing more often. Want to try unlocking a mastery difficult lock? Not once you've been raped 5 times. This would of course affect both combat as well as noncombat and makes a million times more sense from a RP standpoint than the stupid hp regeneration debuff.

I just really hate when things like this are placed in a game where the player is trying to RP but which are completely at odds with allowing the player to have a deeper RP experience.

1) I will add option for only opposite gender attack, and also different thresholds for opposite genders.

2) I agree that debuff should evolve to something more realistic, @ellisande suggestion is good, but need to verify that such debuff does not break something in game.

@Jahreit - Is it rape working then brawl is disabled? please post papyrus log during brawl and some time after, SexLab logs are good to diagnosing problems.

My guess is that PC/NPC are still controlled by brawl quest during bleedout, and SexLab can not take over.

I have this odd issue - if a brawl is initiated if I put down my hands it ends immediately and the brawler walks away. Perhaps that's supposed to happen that way?

If I uncheck the Brawl option it seems to work as it should, though. Thanks! :)

If brawling is enabled PC must enter to bleedout state for rape to start.

So anything that cancels brawl (put hands down) would cancel rape.

I will look into it see if it is fixable.

Nice Mod.

If you are also using Submit (and probably the same for Defeat) you should turn of the auto surrender when walking around naked in towns because otherwise they take over when you lose the brawl. This probably leads to killed npcs then because they bind you after the rape and are turned hostile then.

If you don't forget to enable/disable autosurrender or maybe other options it leads to very nice situations imho. After being robbed and raped by bandits yesterday via submit my poor character finally managed to escape but arrived butt naked in whiterun where a nasty npc took advantage of her then ....... .

Really sweet, now in a lore friendly way the troubles of the player don't end when you get free from wilderness rapists but you have to find some clothes back in the civilisation too.

Submit+STDs+Lovers Victim is a great mod combo :heart:

First have you heard of a thing called constructive criticism?

Second if you hate it so much don't use it and go make your own mod.

And lastly all psychological traumas can have negative physical impacts. While I like your idea of having skills affected without better ways to implement these physical impacts in the characters everyday life reduced HP regeneration or even reduced HP is perfectly fine and makes perfect sense. Being a firm believer in "a patients will to live" if a person has been so badly beaten and broken mentally and physically I don't think they are going to recover physically, and defiantly not mentally, any where near as well as a person who hasn't been.

Edit: and sorry for being an ass but being insulting and saying you hate something someone else did because YOU don't feel like it makes sense especially for a WIP just pisses me off be a little more constructive after all redneck didn't have to do any of this let alone release it for all of us.

I have a question about this mod, does it work well with submit assuming you turn off brawl. Mostly I am wondering about the part in submit when your PC is tied up and naked, needing to work free first before you can escape.

Would this mod kick in while the character is bound and have the NPC assault the PC and then the PC return to the bound state in submit still having to work out of the bounds?

If the answer is no, anyway you could make it do that? I like submit a lot and think this would compliment that mod if it worked that way. But if this mod doesn't work or auto free's the PC then I would have to choose which mod to use.

Even setting the brawl part aside, I use this mod along with submit just for the part where it has rapists randomly change positions on me, or go longer if they are really aroused.

I do see the possibility of this conflicting with Submit though, as during brawls my character will probably start rolling for submit chances and end up surrendering instead of going into the 'bleedout' state. I haven't actually gotten into a brawl yet (strangely, because I have my current armor set to 'naked', and lowered the 'time until next brawl' down to 5 from 24 hours).

I think the main worry would be what @xboronx mentioned above: When an otherwise neutral NPC in a city forces you into Submit's bound state, they probably turn hostile which will get them killed by guards. Perhaps deservedly so, but that could screw with lots of quests and such.

Even setting the brawl part aside, I use this mod along with submit just for the part where it has rapists randomly change positions on me, or go longer if they are really aroused.

I do see the possibility of this conflicting with Submit though, as during brawls my character will probably start rolling for submit chances and end up surrendering instead of going into the 'bleedout' state. I haven't actually gotten into a brawl yet (strangely, because I have my current armor set to 'naked', and lowered the 'time until next brawl' down to 5 from 24 hours).

I think the main worry would be what @xboronx mentioned above: When an otherwise neutral NPC in a city forces you into Submit's bound state, they probably turn hostile which will get them killed by guards. Perhaps deservedly so, but that could screw with lots of quests and such.

Yeah which is why I think i would just use this with brawl turned off. But my main concern and maybe you know since I know you use submit too.

If you go into a bandit camp, you submit. The bandits take turns and then tie your character up. Will the other bandits(since submit only effects up to two of them) then if there arousal is high enough react to your character tied up naked by submit. If they do react and come over and take turns on the character, afterwards does your character return to the bound state of submit, still needing to untie yourself?

Or do you not know? Just curious since that would make me very interested in trying this mod if it worked that way. Yes I know I can test it myself, but right now I am trying to stress test submit to look for bugs for dkatryl and until it seems any bugs have been found and tweaked I wasn't going to add more mods incase the caused issues with testing submit. Like I have defeat turned off right now as well to make sure I can just test submit with no possible conflicts.

I've not yet had any bandits come over and use me due to being naked after 'Submit' has run, mainly because of the problem with them wandering off that we are discussing over in that thread. But I know LoversVictim is definitely running, because I've had the messages from this mod pop up during rape after I've submitted, such as that the aggressor still wants more, and so regresses/repeats a sex stage rather than advancing, or changes positions altogether.

This needs more testing, clearly. ;)

I've not yet had any bandits come over and use me due to being naked after 'Submit' has run, mainly because of the problem with them wandering off that we are discussing over in that thread. But I know LoversVictim is definitely running, because I've had the messages from this mod pop up during rape after I've submitted, such as that the aggressor still wants more, and so regresses/repeats a sex stage rather than advancing, or changes positions altogether.

This needs more testing, clearly. ;)

Thats encouraging then if you are getting the message during the event that the aggressor still wants more and repeats then it sounds like it would work with submit. The only question remains is if it would cause the player to become untied after some other bandit took a turn.

Perhaps you could test this but running into a large bandit camp with out a follower. go to where you know several bandits would have line of sight on your character and just submit. That should quickly show what will happen, since being naked should ramp up the arousal of all the bandits that didn't get a turn.

Very curious to know what happens, if it happens and the character returns to the submited stage. That would make this mod dovetail into submit really well and would could stop asking dkatsyl for adjustments to his mod as this would then cover stuff, if his just allowed us to move while bound and we would by choice follow the bandits to a realistic spot they would keep the character and then try and escape.