[Suggestion] Set up donation page?

wayra

I really enjoy all the work done by modders, and I would really like to support them. But learning how to mod myself is just too difficult and frankly unneeded as there are tons of experienced and talented modders out there. I should use that time to do what I am good at and earn more money from my job. Then donate money to them. I think modders and creators of the sexlab framework should setup a paypal account to accept donations.

• 1 month later...

I see two issues with this:

1.) Donate with which payment options? Paypal is out of the question because they don't support adult stuff. How many are comfortable with giving a site like loverslab their credit card information?

2.) How do the modders get a share of the donations; to actually receive their share they would need to give Ashal their account data. How many modders are comfortable with that?

Though I understand and appreciate the idea and motivation behind this...I have to say that I don't like it when money gets involved in a hobby, no matter how well the intentions are...money tends to stain and spoil most stuff.

Just my ... (prepare for incoming money-pun!) ... 2 cents! Ba-Dum!

Want to help pay Ashal for building the Sexlab Framework?

Click on some of the advertisements even if you don't plan on buying anything.  Advertisers will pay more to place ads on sites that click through to them more often, Ashal owns this site so those ads support this site and hopefully provide him some revenue.

Click on some of the advertisements even if you don't plan on buying anything.  Advertisers will pay more to place ads on sites that click through to them more often, Ashal owns this site so those ads support this site and hopefully provide him some revenue.

This is a pretty good idea. Less direct, but still effective. 

This is a pretty good idea. Less direct, but still effective. 

Careful with saying that because it could get LoversLab in trouble with the advertisment agencies for fraudulent activity. It's not like it's against the law or anything but those agencies can suspend the account and refuse to give LoversLab any money at all. Generally just click on it if your interested in it, don't make it a daily mission to click those links and be sure not to encourage the entire site to do so either.

Source: I've ran a few websites myself with ads via various advertising compaines.

I see two issues with this:

1.) Donate with which payment options? Paypal is out of the question because they don't support adult stuff. How many are comfortable with giving a site like loverslab their credit card information?

2.) How do the modders get a share of the donations; to actually receive their share they would need to give Ashal their account data. How many modders are comfortable with that?

...bitcoin?

It is a great idea and I would contribute, but there might be a  legal obstacle with Bethesda. My understanding (correct me if I am wrong) is that they are fiercely protective of copyright and vigorously prohibit and pursue anyone who makes money out of Skyrim. This obstacle proved insurmountable to a number of previous modders, some of whom wanted to charge a fee for their quest mods.

I hope I am wrong, but we should be cautious. I like the idea of clicking ads.  This would not be fraud in my case. Some of those ads really do catch my eye and . . . Who knows? I might even sign up for some of the products. I won't if I don't click, and the ads obviously want me to do just that. If Ashal gets some spinoff benefit, I for one will be cheering. If I go on to purchase another product, it's win win. That's why we have advertising. But I take the point that we need to click in good faith.

Archived