Any equivalent to SHY out yet?

There's a reason you can't find simple' date=' 'step by step' tutorials for Blender. It (like all 3D rendering packages) has one of the steepest learning curves of all. I'd rather write a tutorial on BIND administration (thats DNS) then 'Modeling weighted meshes and exporting to Oblivion in Blender'.

There have been many valiant efforts, most of which fall short. Screen shots generally don't help. Have you seen how many buttons, widgets, rollouts, tabs, dropdowns and keystrokes (yes, you use your keyboard lots) Blender has? It would terrify an expert in Excel!

When I'm following a guide, (I hold a 'step by step' tutorial does not exist for rendering. There are so MANY steps!), images generally only work for me when they are of a specific panel with options pointed out. Those that show full screens are often pretty useless.

The trick is to experiment, expect to fail utterly and start again, avoiding the mistake you made last time. Repeatedly!!!

Yes, it's frustrating, which is WHY so few people do original meshes or animations.

In short, 'Blender for Dummies' isn't going to happen. (grin).

[/quote']

you are right that it takes a lot of work and experimentation for blender...that of course comes down to 2.49s shitty interface and for nearly 2 years we have had to suffer on it.

has anyone used 2.60? is it just as bad or has blender made it less like pulling teeth to learn?

the problem i see isn't that making new meshes and such has a steep learning curve, it's that BLENDER has a stupidly steep learning curve. sure like any software you have to learn to use it but hell, max is a 100 times easier to learn and doesn't use esoteric keystrokes and hides stuff away like blender does.

blender is just an awful program, it has a poorly designed ui and isn't remotely user friendly.

if they had more tutorials for max i'd use that, but max isn't free.

the gimp is the same way, it isn't half as good as ps and shows it in its terrible ui and design, even ms paint is better than the gimp interface wise.

i realize that interface isn't as important as what you can do but still, i have better things to do than try to hack my way through crappy design choices.

Oh please, let's not turn this into a 'My preferred 3D model package is easy and intuitive. Yours is incomprehensible' debate. It doesn't matter. Most people will still find any 3D package very hard going.

Oddly enough, I know a Lightwave user who levels exactly the same criticism against 3DSMax. He thinks 3DSMax has the most poisonous interface ever. All decent 3D modeling software has a steep learning curve, not just Blender. For example, how many people do you know who know what at a spline is?

If it was just down to Blender as you claim, we'd see many models and animations from 'less than legal' copies of 3DSMax, which is not hard to obtain if one pokes around in dark corners. The fact we don't points to it being the steep learning curve.

I've used Blender, 3DSMax, Lightwave and other 3D programs. 3D modeling is something most people find extremely hard. The worst part is that you are giving people the idea 'If only I could get hold of 3DSMax all this would be simple and easy' and that's just a very misleading impression.

Oh please' date=' let's not turn this into a 'My preferred 3D model package is easy and intuitive. Yours is incomprehensible' debate. It doesn't matter. Most people will still find any 3D package very hard going.[/quote']

please yourself.

did i say that? did i say that 3dmax is easy and intuitive? or did i say that blender's interface is crap and max is easier because it's interface isn't crap? blenders interface is crap, but i've never seen a foss program with a good interface.

Oddly enough, I know a Lightwave user who levels exactly the same criticism against 3DSMax. He thinks 3DSMax has the most poisonous interface ever. All decent 3D modeling software has a steep learning curve, not just Blender. For example, how many people do you know who know what at a spline is?

if they cared to learn what a spline is, maybe they would, i fail to see how that relates what i said considering i was criticizing the interface.

i never said it was so easy anyone who uses a 3d program will magically just learn it, 3dmax or any other software needs to be learned.

criticizing a piece of software for being unintuitive is a major issue, why you think it isn't is beyond me.

If it was just down to Blender as you claim, we'd see many models and animations from 'less than legal' copies of 3DSMax, which is not hard to obtain if one pokes around in dark corners. The fact we don't points to it being the steep learning curve.

i never said that max didn't have a learning curve, you need to learn to use the software, max has a better interface because you can find things easier. i've used both i use blender and max, max is more organized.

you keep trying to claim that i'm saying that max is childs play to learn, that is nothing but a straw-man. what i said was that it is EASIER to learn than blender, and it is. you make it sound like i'm saying you just open the program hit a few buttons and poof! a mesh, no i am saying that max has a less daunting interface and is a bit easier to use, so it is less of a chore to learn.

how would you even know if a mesh is from blender or 3dsmax exactly? does the mesh come with a tag saying "made in 3dmax" or something? or is this just fallacious reasoning?

I've used Blender, 3DSMax, Lightwave and other 3D programs. 3D modeling is something most people find extremely hard. The worst part is that you are giving people the idea 'If only I could get hold of 3DSMax all this would be simple and easy' and that's just a very misleading impression.

again, show me where i gave that impression, because you are wrong.

i said max is a "100 times easier than blender" an exaggeration maybe but i never said anything about it being "simple and easy" if they had 3dmax.

you are making that up, i know for a fact that all software requires learning to use it.

i said that in fact, but you didn't really read it.

again, all software has a learning curve, blender has a steeper learning curve than max because blender foundation apparently doesn't know how to design a UI. maybe it is better in 2.60a but it will be a long time before the tools work with it.

foss software rarely works better than closed source software, hence why i'm using windows still even though i would rather use freebsd or linux.

Well blender is free and i find it easy enough to animate for that is all that counts for me. i have not really tried 2.6 only to see some part of it, but looks like real improvement over 2.49b

Also they are working to get nifscript over 2.6 but it takes time, because they where waiting for blender to release a stable built, but everytime that happened a newer version came out. Go figures.

I agree that 3D modeling requires a steep learning curve but I can definitely see the differences between Photoshop vs GIMP and 3DS Max vs Blender. Photoshop and 3DS Max are unfortunately not free but I have to agree in that they are much more user-friendly. For the most part, everything works like how you would expect it to. GIMP and especially Blender, on the other hand, you kind of have to "play around with it" to understand exactly what does what.

Personally, I'm willing to learn Blender just for the sake of two reasons: 1) It's free, and 2) It seems most people use it when modding Oblivion files. The problem (and it's really more of a personal problem) is that I can't find any decent and updated tutorial that even tells me how to set up my workspace correctly for Oblivion, so as I'm trying to do things in Blender (while following the outdated tutorial, mind you) I notice that I'm quote-on-quote "skipping" steps because I can't find the option or the ability to do as instructed. Next thing I know, my final product doesn't turn out like what the mod author intended. Hell, I'd be lucky if I even reach the final product stage.

Call me weird, but I'd rather work with NifSkope for its simplicity. Unfortunately, NifSkope is really just a viewer (hence the "skope" in the name) with some VERY basic modding functionality. So I'm pretty much forced to use an actual 3D modeling program. I guess it's the same way I feel about Poser. Poser seems relatively easy to use but, as the name suggests, it's really just meant for posing, not heavy-duty modeling. Then again, I've only used Poser briefly so I could be wrong.

well, Demongoat, I accept your corrections. You are right, I did indeed read your exaggeration that 'max is a "100 times easier than blender"' as meaning '3DSMax is really easy'. Resorting to gross exaggeration to make a personal viewpoint is open to misinterpretation. (grin)

Honestly it is down to personal taste, which is the point I was trying to make. I know professionals who loath 3DSMax's interface. Some people think the interface you obviously, genuinely love and find intuitive useless, confusing and difficult to use. I believe Nessa prefers 3DSMax but has learned Blender for an assortment of reasons.

To get back, it doesn't matter what you use, 3D modeling is NEVER 'easy', on this it seems we both agree.

i don't know what are you guys talking about.

But moving on the main topic,we're moving to loda.tamanegii.

http://loda.jp/tamanegiii/?page=1&gal=1&mode=list&sword=&andor=

Please, don't piss them up of like shy. I know some of our depressed rabble down here tend to upset the Japanese community. like shy. tamanegii content are unrated. we can upload every illegal EULA content as we damn well please.

tamanegii are less.. 'hardcore' than shy. But i'll change that soon enough.