SO, I just been working on playing skyrim se again.  and down graded to 1.5.97  anyway, when playing an animation from more than one mod, the foreplay never advances to the next stage, I have to press the space bar to get to next stage.  Also, part of the time, the next two stages, just keep playing over and over in a loop. the manual space bar swaps them back and forth but it is still a loop.  if you wait a full 2 or move minutes it might advance, or might not.  this seems to always happen on whipping animations, or spanking.  

Just looking for any clues on what to do. found a thread that sounds similar that said to set a setting in papyrus tweets higher, but my setting was already set higher.

1. Which version of SL exactly?
  2. Which mod is starting the animation? Which version?
  3. Did you enable auto-advance in SL?
  4. Is something overriding SL's files?
  5. Analyze the Papyrus log.
  6. Measure your Papyrus performance with something like the Papyrus Profiler.

In my experience, the foreplay "section" often fails to move to the next step, far more often than it behaving correctly and automatically moving to the main sequences.

You can play games with the "increase enjoyment" hotkey, if you have whichever mod that adds that (sorry can't recall off top of head) to try to get it to happen (I suspect it's looking for some sustained arousal threshold before it allows the sequence to move from the foreplay rotation, and for whatever reason, doesn't get there). It works sometimes, but ime, you have (roughly) a 1 in 4 chance for it to do so.

My own exasperated advise? Uncheck the option for foreplay and cope.

Sexlab 163.

so far it looks like it may be either the separate orgasms setting in Sexlab, or the mod that gives separate orgasms, or them interfering with each other.  need more time to say for sure.