[Modders Resource] Discussion about a SL Framework Addon Masterfile

Heromaster

Hey folks,

while developing a mod I came across the problem how to integrate it into a world of already established mods which can happen to lead to curious situations.

Currently we have alot of great mods out there and while they are really great and I don't want to miss them in my gameplays I found it rather hard to implement a quest mod w/o making alot of explicit dependencies to other mods.

So I thought about a solution what can be done to make it easier to develop mods which focus on stories w/o implementing tons of other mod dependencies.

And so I came to the idea of SexLab Framework Addon.

What will it do?

First, it should provide an unified way to Sex related mods. Be it armor and clothing mods, slavery or sex mods. The first thing would be to implement Keywords. Keywords which can attached to items to provide an independend way to check what the player is wearing for example.

Second will be the implementation of sex related spells and magic effects.

Third will be the implementation of a sex related perk tree.

And fourth it will add blocking topics to NPC's for special situation (If you are gagged for example, you are unable to talk).

Quick example to illustrate what I have in mind:

Lets say you are a mod developer and want to add some immersive situation for the player without knowing what mods the player has installed:

Keyword ArmorSlave

Keyword ArmorWhore

With this two keywords you could check if the player is dressed like a slave or a whore and react to it and w/o having the need to set an explicit dependency to such mods. That of course means, that other mod developers are using this framework and provide such keywords.

So before I shoot an arrow into the blue sky and begin to develop it, I want to discuss, what you (esp. other mod developers) think about such a framework.

Greetings

Heromaster

ZaZ animation pack already does something like this, adds keywords depending on the item you wear, for example if you wear ballgag it has keywords:

zbfEffectNoMagic

zbfEffectOpenMouth

zbfWornGag

You can use these keywords in your plugins that you base on this pack. I'm not sure if SL does same, didn't check.

But I like the idea to add more keywords to items and effects, even if the keyword itself does nothing in the mod it can be useful for other mods. I wouldn't like the perk changes because I almost always use mods that modify them.

Archived