CBBE vs Fusion Girl for AAF and Physics Support in 2024

Hey everyone,

Wanted to see what peoples experience was with using CBBE + Physics (3ba + OCBP? OCBP on its own?) with AAF/Zex skeleton. I know Fusion girl works for AAF but there are just far far more mods requiring CBBE for clothing, presets, followers, and NPC overhauls on Nexus. I've only gotten AAF working with Fusion girl (last year), however, and the guide I'm following also uses Fusion girl along with 60% of the mods on this forum recommending it. Is AAF optimized for FG? There also seems to be more, possibly less buggy physics mods for FG vs CBBE, is that the main reason everyone uses it?

Background:

Trying to follow Aylis's guide for a fully modded Fallout4 as her Skyrim guide, while a tad outdated, still works wonderfully with just a few changes. After over a week of debug... the F4 guide, while newer, is somehow far far more broken than the Skyrim guide. While I've debugged most of the issues out (and done a large post in that thread with updates/issues), her combination of Fusion Girl, High poly head, and seamless reskin mods leaves my PCs looking terrible and obviously bugged. I've done quite a bit of debugging on her modlist for PCs but never managed to get a good looking combo for the ones that don't have rust face or missing textures. Giving up and going to build my own PC version (with strippers and booze obviously) from either CBBE or FG.

Edited by xxxstupidfastxxx