Need some help modelling clothing to fit bodies

Guest user29

There's one already converted but there's only a P3 version of it. It's on the box halstrom added for his mod.

We could just as easy drop that if it's not something anyone wants, I guess later there's going to be a lot more demand for other outfits like GhostSuits, BabyDoll, SuperGirl etc, but then we should be wary the authors of those mods don't have objections to pregnant versions of their works.

We could just as easy drop that if it's not something anyone wants' date=' I guess later there's going to be a lot more demand for other outfits like GhostSuits, BabyDoll, SuperGirl etc, but then we should be wary the authors of those mods don't have objections to pregnant versions of their works.

[/quote']

Just my two cents, but I'd like to see all or most of the vanilla outfits converted before delving too deeply into mod outfits. I almost always stick to vanilla because, to me, most mod outfits just look out of place and/or are a little overpowered (i.e. clothes found in Doc Mitchell's house that are better than anything short of Power Armor, etc).

Whereas sometimes I find myself wearing a dirty pre-war spring outfit or something silly like that because fuck it, why not?

Might just be me though. :)

No, I like to do mix it up as well. If anyone's willing to help out, including you, I could give step by step directions. It's really not at all difficult once you know how to do it, just time consuming.

I think youtube has plenty if know how to look for them, best once i found are from nexus, they have video tutorial linked too youtube as well.

just search for blender video tutorial, should get you started.

Well, video for editing nifs specifically, since the procedure seems to be importing the nif into blender, changing the parts you want, then exporting to a nif - THEN having to copy the part you altered from the exported nif to the previously imported base nif, paste over the existing bit, then recompile the mesh.

Which sounds simple except other than manipulating the wireframe I have no idea what stuff means. Vertices, faces, edges, polygon... that's about the extent of my knowledge. Bones? No clue. I -think- I understand the concept of the skeleton and nodes but I wouldn't know what to do with it or how to make sure it works.

Perhaps this is the wrong thread, but in any case, thanks.

Depends on what you're trying to do, but my workflow for editing meshes is import to blender, do whatever , export and switch the flag on skin to the skin shader. I don't usually have to do much more in nifskope.

Usually if I'm working with a non-standard body (most of the time :) ) I import the body first, delete the skeleton and meatcaps, import the outfit and parent the body to the outfit skeleton.

Don't know of any videos though off hand.

All tutorials from fallout 3 can all be used for new vegas. Both are very compatible. And there should be plenty for Fallout3 like the one from breezes. BFak file.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11380

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/top/alltime.php?adult=

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8225

these are just quick links, there should be many more.