MM10's Hair Pack 2?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a YES!? or Obsolete?

• HELL YEAH!
    • Nope, Obsolete something out there exists already.

So yeah, I tried touching hairs again, and what do you know, i can do it soooooooooooo much faster now, 1-3 min hair from skyrim or oblivion perfect positioning displays in game doesn't clip on face :D

So answer the poll :D

Preview 1 :

post-8123-0-95795500-1384430303_thumb.jpg post-8123-0-34057500-1384430307_thumb.jpg post-8123-0-96228100-1384430311_thumb.jpg

Preview 2 :

post-8123-0-93183100-1384435960_thumb.jpg post-8123-0-88223500-1384435965_thumb.jpg post-8123-0-64605300-1384435969_thumb.jpg

Mini Tip : To load image faster drag the images in the new tab "+" sign :D

UPDATE : I have the meshes have their Hat version so they don't clip but problem is :( Conformulator sucks in creating an egm of my hairs, it tells me unhandled exeption and when i ignore it it just closes.

Anyone have any ideas on how to make the hat version of the hair appear in game? Or make egm's of hairs using other than conformulator? thank you :)

Preview of hat version(Lol i just bypassed it and pasted the hat hair in no hat hair.)

post-8123-0-43702100-1384434542_thumb.jpg post-8123-0-15253600-1384434547_thumb.jpg post-8123-0-66779600-1384434551_thumb.jpg

Your not allowed to give up :) EVER!!!

Gives me a new idea now though :D

However it would be a good idea to remove the MM10 bit in the title. After all there is only one Mailamea not 10 of them :P

10 is there, its my trademark, started the user mailamea10 then moved on to be the original one LOL :D

These are pretty pretty.

It's such a pity I can't manage to make them work properly with hats, I love hats so much...

I already have the hair meshes have their hat version ready, but until no one has teached me how to make the nohat.egm and hat.egm versions, i cant do anything about it

I already have the hair meshes have their hat version ready, but until no one has teached me how to make the nohat.egm and hat.egm versions, i cant do anything about it

Oh if you'll succeed on it, drop me a link to some documentation, please. I still have too many doubts about hats, their egm, their conformulation etc.

Guest endgameaddiction

What exactly was fixed? I know the SKREN11 hair had some issues with transparency. I can't remember what other hairs could of had. I haven't used much of the hairs in a long time.

What exactly was fixed? I know the SKREN11 hair had some issues with transparency. I can't remember what other hairs could of had. I haven't used much of the hairs in a long time.

No more transparency issue, and new hairs some of the old ones are here to, cause they have been fixed, i was silly with the texturing when i released the first hair pack thus resulting in transparency issues.

Guest endgameaddiction

No more transparency issue, and new hairs some of the old ones are here to, cause they have been fixed, i was silly with the texturing when i released the first hair pack thus resulting in transparency issues.

Oh nice! Thanks.

Guest luthienanarion

To display the hat versions of hair meshes, both the NIF and EGM must be loaded from a BSA archive. This is new to FNV and was not a requirement in FO3. Archive the files and delete the loose ones.

To display the hat versions of hair meshes, both the NIF and EGM must be loaded from a BSA archive. This is new to FNV and was not a requirement in FO3. Archive the files and delete the loose ones.

Problem is creating an egm file, conformulator freaking sucks and just crashes on convert.

Guest luthienanarion

Problem is creating an egm file, conformulator freaking sucks and just crashes on convert.

Conformulator can't generate the EGM from the NIF. You'll have to export the mesh as an OBJ in NifSkope first.

Conformulator can't generate the EGM from the NIF. You'll have to export the mesh as an OBJ in NifSkope first.

Any tutorial on how to do it? i meant settings on exporting hair meshes to obj

Guest luthienanarion

Images to follow along:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/uun2fgt4b3cg1/Hair%20EGM%20Tutorial#adr952nl32gtvm3

Open your hair NIF in NifSkope and select one of the NiTriShapes. I started with NoHat, but you'll be doing both.

In the File menu, select "Export->Export .OBJ" and name the file the same as your NIF with "nohat" appended at the end.

Do the same with the Hat NiTriShape. Export with the NIF's filename with "hat" appended.

Open the Conformulator and select the TRI file for the head mesh you're conforming to. Select one of the OBJ files you just exported.

Click Conformulate and you should get an EGM file with the same name as the OBJ. Repeat with the other OBJ.

Delete the OBJ and MTL files from the NifSkope export, as they aren't useful for anything else.

Remember to pack the files up in a BSA and delete the loose files to get the Hat meshes to display in-game.

• 7 months later...

Hi- I installed the MM10 Hair Pack(Update-No Bald Spots) using NMM. I then used showracemenu to try to select one that I liked, but alas, none of them showed up. Same with Lings ginormous hair mod.

The only styles I have available in Racemenu are the awful vanilla ones and the ones from Mojave Delight. I noticed that both this mod and the Lings mod are 3-plus years old... maybe that's a problem? I don't know. I have several other mods in FNV that are as old or older, and they run fine.

I would be grateful if someone could help me sort this out- I expected to have literally dozens and dozens of hair styles to choose from, what with vanilla plus all 3 hair mods I installed, but instead I have just vanilla plus 1 mod.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Guest endgameaddiction

You have the plugin enabled in your NMM? I don't know how NMM works since I used it once when it came out. Also, keep in mind that if you use more than one hair pack for the vanilla races, the one lowest in the load order will take priority over the one above it. I can't determine this since I manually installed these hairs in GECK back in the days.

Hi- I installed the MM10 Hair Pack(Update-No Bald Spots) using NMM. I then used showracemenu to try to select one that I liked, but alas, none of them showed up. Same with Lings ginormous hair mod.

The only styles I have available in Racemenu are the awful vanilla ones and the ones from Mojave Delight. I noticed that both this mod and the Lings mod are 3-plus years old... maybe that's a problem? I don't know. I have several other mods in FNV that are as old or older, and they run fine.

I would be grateful if someone could help me sort this out- I expected to have literally dozens and dozens of hair styles to choose from, what with vanilla plus all 3 hair mods I installed, but instead I have just vanilla plus 1 mod.

Thanks in advance for any help.

It sounds to me that you're using Mojave Del. as your race, therefore you're getting the Mojave Del. hair selection.  You'll notice if you choose a vanilla race you'll see the other hairs, but as the previous post mentions, one hair mod may overpower the other and you might only see one set.  I can't explain this, but it's my experience.  I use both Mojave Delight and the add on with Lings.  I'll only get the Lings selection when not using Mojave Del.

I'm not familiar with using GECK, so I'm not sure how it would help.  I know GECK is very useful, but a little harder to use than the normal apps.  Hope that helps a little.

Guest endgameaddiction

One of the reasons why I chose to do custom races was for that reason. I manually installed all the custom hairs I wanted into it (lings, mikoto etc..) to avoid conflict between two mods that do the same thing.

If Mojave Delight is a personal favorite custom race mod, you certainly can include any custom hair pack to get more hair styles. It requires a little bit of GECK experience.

Or you can manually include them in Mojave Delight. Ashara did a great tutorial on it on her mod page http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/6982/?

You would do the same method except you would need to open Mojave Delight.esp with GECK to do it.