Heyo 👋 I have a quick question regarding Dragonborn Voiceover; Has anyone else had some crashing issues with it ? When I install the mod and it's requirements, my game just starts to crash at random times when I save my game or enter/leave a dungeon. Are there any known/found mod conflicts maybe? I have the Backported Extended ESL Support installed already since the NG version of ConsoleUtil that DBVO requires seems to require it, so it shouldn't be that really.

I know this is quite vague and more tapping in the dark than anything, but I figured I may as well ask for similar experiences. 😅 I had someone look over my crashlog and they said it shows no reason for the crash, but it obviously has something to do with DBVO, so I suspect a mod conflict. The mod does work for others after all. I will attach the crashlog below in case it looks similar to someone, loadorder included.

Crash_2024_3_9_0-46-39.txt

Edited by -Ayleth-

Well thats an unusual looking callstack. While this log seems fine (somewhat rare with the .net script framework logger) you could still attempt to log this crash with something a bit more... verbose perhaps.

12 hours ago, -Ayleth- said:

Has anyone else had some crashing issues with it ?

Just played through the entire Skyrim story with it. Game version 1.5.97, same as you. No crashes. I'm running Dragonborn Voice Over-84329-1-1-1-1691780943 in case there's options.

I had someone look over my crashlog and they said it shows no reason for the crash

The thing with crash logs is that it shows exactly why it crashed. The problem is reading it. Issue is that, in case of the .net script framework logger, it doesn't print that much information. The more information we get handed in the crash log, the less work one would have to do in a debugger/disassembler to figure things out - especially in the case of SkyrimSE.exe which contains debugger traps and DRM.

it obviously has something to do with DBVO

Not sure I'd be quite that confident. Because:

so I suspect a mod conflict.

Considering what the crash log looks like I'd say DBVO maybe, but more likely a mod conflict. Question is which. So:

1. Anything overriding DBVO's files?
  2. Since DBVO is tied into the dialoguemenu flash component:
    1. Consider disabling any hud and menu replacers, apart from SkyUI.
    2. Make sure you have the correct UI patch for DBVO to be compatible with your UI replacer, if any.
    3. Consider disabling dialogue cameras, headtracking and/or firstperson camera mods. *

If nothing works then post a log from that other crash logger I linked above and I'll have a proper look at it.

*  I'm personally running the following mods: Improved Camera SE-93962-1-1-0b1-1703034392, Improved Alternate Conversation Camera SE-68210-1-2-0-1658004254 (dll only) and PC Head Tracking - MCM v4.8 SE-11993-v4-8-1629727400. Edit: But these had to be configured in a very specific way to have everything work together.

Edited by traison
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, traison said:

Well thats an unusual looking callstack. While this log seems fine (somewhat rare with the .net script framework logger) you could still attempt to log this crash with something a bit more... verbose perhaps.

Just played through the entire Skyrim story with it. Game version 1.5.97, same as you. No crashes. I'm running Dragonborn Voice Over-84329-1-1-1-1691780943 in case there's options.

The thing with crash logs is that it shows exactly why it crashed. The problem is reading it. Issue is that, in case of the .net script framework logger, it doesn't print that much information. The more information we get handed in the crash log, the less work one would have to do in a debugger/disassembler to figure things out - especially in the case of SkyrimSE.exe which contains debugger traps and DRM.

Not sure I'd be quite that confident. Because:

Considering what the crash log looks like I'd say DBVO maybe, but more likely a mod conflict. Question is which. So:

1. Anything overriding DBVO's files?
  2. Since DBVO is tied into the dialoguemenu flash component:
    1. Consider disabling any hud and menu replacers, apart from SkyUI.
    2. Make sure you have the correct UI patch for DBVO to be compatible with your UI replacer, if any.
    3. Consider disabling dialogue cameras, headtracking and/or firstperson camera mods. *

If nothing works then post a log from that other crash logger I linked above and I'll have a proper look at it.

*  I'm personally running the following mods: Improved Camera SE-93962-1-1-0b1-1703034392, Improved Alternate Conversation Camera SE-68210-1-2-0-1658004254 (dll only) and PC Head Tracking - MCM v4.8 SE-11993-v4-8-1629727400. Edit: But these had to be configured in a very specific way to have everything work together.

Thank you for the input! I will reinstall everything and try to reproduce it with the new crashlogger, we'll see. 

Nothing is overriding DBVO, I'm just using the Bella voicepack + some patches for LL mods. I cannot find any patches for the UI or 1pp mods I use sadly. (SkyHUD, Customizable UI Replacer SkyHUD SE, Improved Camera). 

I still suspect it's something with the NG version of ConsoleUtilSSE which requires BEES to not crash your game due to the newer ESL. Maybe it doesn't play well with some papyrus extenders and tweaks I have installed, or maybe I need the NG version of those as well now. I'm really not sure. Or maybe a mod that requires ConsoleUtil is expecting the non-NG version. This crash is looking very similar to those I had after the newest Skyrim update with the missing ESL support that BEES later provided, that's why I think so. (This is just speculation!)

Anyhow I will get back to you, thanks again. 

Edited by -Ayleth-
Posted (edited)

Well, I reinstalled the mods and did an hour long playsession of entering dungeons constantly, saving at every occasion, playing normally for a while and then trying the same again, and I did not crash. Yet.

Maybe uninstalling NetScriptFramework did the trick ? 😆 No but, I wont draw any conclusions, I will keep my eye on this. 

Edited by -Ayleth-