Candlehearth Hall

ballsy

So this has only come to my attention very recently. I CTD (rate 100%) upon trying to enter Candlehearth Hall. It occurs after a few moments have passed with loading. This is reproducible using either coc WindhelmCandleHearthHall or taking the touring carriage to Windhelm, then entering Candlehearth Hall the normal way. I am testing this on a brand new save with no esps enabled other than the official Bethesda esms. However, mods were still left installed (scripts, meshes, textures). This is not a RAM/VRAM issue as values have been monitored using Skyrim Performance Monitor with RAM at 1/3.1 and VRAM 2.2/4 gigabytes, both values which I can and have easily exceeded with the same save. 

I need some help figuring out whether this is

1. a certain mesh causing the game to crash (only very recently did I learn that this was possible) http://www.iguanadons.net/Unofficial%20Skyrim%20Patch%20Version%20History.html
  2. the game telling me that I'm not supposed to be there yet. I have no idea if using coc/going anywhere before a specific point in the game would cause crashes. Say it does, but then I am faced with a new problem where I have no idea how much I need to progress in order to make that location "safe" to enter. 

I just need a few people to tell me whether they crash when using coc WindhelmCandleHearthHall early on in the game.

Specific conditions:

• Running a non-alternate start setup, traditional new game Helgen scenario
  • Tested in Riverwood after letting the main scripted event to end (when Hod, Gerdur and Ralof stop talking/whatever else if you chose the imperial side)
  • Preferably using the coc command in an interior (I don't know if this affects anything)
  • An ample amount of tests so that is safe to say that the CTD rate is 100%  (if CTDing occurs at all). Probably 4 or 5 minimum. Save before the coc attempt.

Really appreciate it if anyone could spare the time to test this out. Like seriously, you're the best. 

Archived