What's the best Next-Gen/Mordern modlist for NSFW content?

Nolvus will be very hard to modify, since it's 2k mods. I wonder what's the best way to install the basics for a modern and improved gameplay, that allows you to add NSFW easily on top of it. I already have my list of NSFW mods that I use, and all I need now is to improve the game graphics, and gameplay. Could you give me some advices? Myba Wabbajack has something that would help?

You'll probably have to it manually. Thing with wabbajack and the likes - they provided as is, no support. You might be able to apply a mod list with no NSFW stuff on top and have it work. You might not. Nobody knows, neither what said wabba/collection contains nor what your list of NSFW list is.

Most of the guides for le have long gone into the mists of time, so good luck even finding one, I was looking for something similar myself for the graphics and game play side of things, and they are very very thin on the ground, most of the wabbajack stuff is for se/ae not le, normally you could just go onto the overhauls section of nexus and browse through them and find something, I had a look at the first 15-20 pages and did not find anything, so chances are they are well buried, in the end I found a oldish se guide, and went and found the le versions from that, even then some if it was hmm, what fits in this location as the le version of this mod has been deleted or moved.

As to the 2k mods, it does not really matter how many mods there are, for le it boils down to how many esp/esm there are as there is no esl for it, which means potentially merging dozens or more light and sound patches to free up esp spaces, and that does not take into account if it has it's own custom conflict resolution patch, if it does then merging those patches is not an option if they are part of it, unless you know enough to merge them, then edit the custom patch to refer to your merge rather than the individual patches.

Unless you have hardware reasons to run le, you are pretty much better of going ae as it offers far more options for already built lists.

3 hours ago, sil7373 said:

I wonder what's the best way to install the basics for a modern and improved gameplay, that allows you to add NSFW easily on top of it

The same way it has always been - read/watch guides on how to mod Skyrim, guides on how to use your mod manager and the other tools needed and plenty of reading of mod description pages.  There is not and has never been a 'one-click' solution.

1 hour ago, Varithina said:

Most of the guides for le have long gone into the mists of time, so good luck even finding one

There's a perfectly good one here on LL:

and the S.T.E.P. guide is still there as far as I know.

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimLE:3.0.0

4 hours ago, davisev5225 said:

You're extremely unlikely to find support around here for "curated" modlists that steal and repackage content with no permission or recourse from the original authors/creators.

Wabbajack directly downloads from the original mod page.  Spouting bullshit is not a great way to convince anyone.  Also terrible take either way.  Curated modlist as a base for your own list is straight up superior for two major reasons:

1. More people debugging a shared list means it is far easier to find and fix problems.

2. There are so many frameworks and patches since the game is over a decade old.  Keeping track of everything yourself is very difficult.

A side benefit is being exposed to other mod options and you might find something you like that you would not have found otherwise.

For mod authors, getting a mod into a popular list is literally free money from Nexus since a lot more people will be downloading it.

As far as adult content lists go:

Licentia is built around Ostim (but has a Sexlab derivative).  Happy Fun Times is built around Toys framework.  Masterstroke is built on Sexlab and has a creature profile option.

Edited by Xarius

T

3 hours ago, Xarius said:

Wabbajack directly downloads from the original mod page.  Spouting bullshit is not a great way to convince anyone.  Also terrible take either way.  Curated modlist as a base for your own list is straight up superior for two major reasons:

1. More people debugging a shared list means it is far easier to find and fix problems.

2. There are so many frameworks and patches since the game is over a decade old.  Keeping track of everything yourself is very difficult.

A side benefit is being exposed to other mod options and you might find something you like that you would not have found otherwise.

For mod authors, getting a mod into a popular list is literally free money from Nexus since a lot more people will be downloading it.

As far as adult content lists go:

Licentia is built around Ostim (but has a Sexlab derivative).  Happy Fun Times is built around Toys framework.  Masterstroke is built on Sexlab and has a creature profile option.

hanks! for the suggestions! I actually came accross Masterstroke today, as it seems to contain most or all the mods I'd use, and it claims to be built to be customized. Besides Masterstroke, Project skyrim is very good, but has almos none of the mods I'd use. I'll be researching a lot more to figure out what's the best one, and maybe do a post to help folks in the future. Having all these NSFW modlists summarized from a player perspective insights in one place would definetly help.

Nolvus is definetly amazing tho. As the only mods I'd add would be any basic slave one, creatures and harassment, maybe I could try my luck with it first. Seems like you can use both FNSI (required by creatures) and nemesis (used by Nolvus) at the same time. I just don't know how reliable it will be

3 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

The same way it has always been - read/watch guides on how to mod Skyrim, guides on how to use your mod manager and the other tools needed and plenty of reading of mod description pages.  There is not and has never been a 'one-click' solution.

There's a perfectly good one here on LL:

and the S.T.E.P. guide is still there as far as I know.

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimLE:3.0.0

Yeah, I just started 1 month ago, and thought people were crazy for putting up weeks of preparation to play something. Now I get it.

7 hours ago, davisev5225 said:

You're extremely unlikely to find support around here for "curated" modlists that steal and repackage content with no permission or recourse from the original authors/creators.

Oh, I didn't know modlists were treated the same way as Mods are, regarding copyright and usage permissions.

2 minutes ago, sil7373 said:

Oh, I didn't know modlists were treated the same way as Mods are, regarding copyright and usage permissions.

They aren't. It's because some mod authors specifically state that they don't want their work in a mod pack or uploaded to another site yet some dipshit will ignore that.

45 minutes ago, Xarius said:

Spouting bullshit is not a great way to convince anyone.

You claim I'm spouting bullshit, but then come in with complete bullshit statements like these:

No it isn't, and most people don't put in the effort to contribute back to the list makers.  They certainly never take the time to reach out to individual mod authors (who often times are uncredited) to tell them about specific bugs.

Yep, and modlists don't usually bother either.  You usually get an old/out-dated/buggy version of a mod because that's what was current at the time the modlist was "curated".

Nexus doesn't pay anyone who uploads their work.  It's all "free", meaning Nexus keeps 100% of the advertising revenue.

Seems to me like you're probably one of the thieves who steal other peoples' work and try to pass it off as your own by compiling a modlist.

52 minutes ago, davisev5225 said:

Nexus doesn't pay anyone who uploads their work.  It's all "free", meaning Nexus keeps 100% of the advertising revenue.

This statement alone proves that you're a moron who doesn't have any clue what they are talking about and should be ignored by everyone.  I now make $5/month from a small handful of mods that I made years ago (before the DP system even existed), and that's with only a few thousand downloads per month.

Vor 47 Minuten sagte davisev5225:

Sie behaupten, ich würde Blödsinn von mir geben, kommen dann aber mit kompletten Blödsinnsaussagen wie diesen:

Nein, das ist nicht der Fall, und die meisten Leute geben sich nicht die Mühe, den Listenerstellern etwas zurückzugeben. Sie nehmen sich sicherlich nie die Zeit, einzelne Mod-Autoren (die oft nicht im Namen genannt werden) zu kontaktieren und ihnen bestimmte Fehler mitzuteilen.

Ja, und Modlisten stören normalerweise auch nicht. Normalerweise erhält man eine alte/veraltete/fehlerhafte Version eines Mods, da diese zum Zeitpunkt der „Kuratierung“ der Modliste aktuell war.

Nexus bezahlt niemanden, der seine Arbeit hochlädt. Es ist alles „kostenlos“, was bedeutet, dass Nexus 100 % der Werbeeinnahmen behält.

Mir kommt es so vor, als wären Sie wahrscheinlich einer der Diebe, die die Arbeit anderer Leute stehlen und versuchen, sie durch das Zusammenstellen einer Modliste als Ihre eigenen auszugeben.

What I find “funny” in this context are the mod users of compilation lists - who ask for solutions to problems here in the forum and not where they downloaded these lists.

It may be that one or another mod author - who posts his mods here on this site - has given his permission for use in one of these mod lists. However, if he is constantly developing his mod - the creator of the mod compilation is responsible for organizing the current version of the implemented mod... and also taking over the service for it.

Why a mod doesn't work in a game isn't always due to supposed errors in the mod - but rather due to interactions with other mods - which don't run smoothly... and which the list compiler often hasn't checked sufficiently - because it's a very complex one and is often boring work!

So from Nexus, mod authors who are named in mod compilations hosted there -> do not receive a single cent

If the mod author has something like a "coffee dispenser" - he will perhaps receive a cent or two in "donation" from a mod user - but that's it.

But the most brazen are those who create collections - who demand money from users for their "work" - i.e. offer paid lists... and don't give anything to the authors of the mods in these lists... because then they would enter into a contractual relationship.

Personally, I now refuse any help for users of such lists!

2 hours ago, Xarius said:

This statement alone proves that you're a moron who doesn't have any clue what they are talking about and should be ignored by everyone.  I now make $5/month from a small handful of mods that I made years ago (before the DP system even existed), and that's with only a few thousand downloads per month.

I'll concede that point, but I challenge you to refute my other points.  You can't.

4 minutes ago, davisev5225 said:

I'll concede that point, but I challenge you to refute my other points.  You can't.

> No it isn't, and most people don't put in the effort to contribute back to the list makers.  They certainly never take the time to reach out to individual mod authors (who often times are uncredited) to tell them about specific bugs.

Users report problems to curator.  Curator passes this on to mod authors if it's a mod problem, or attempts to fix it if it's a list compatibility problem.  This is common practice for official Wabbajack list authors.  I literally see the messages myself since I track numerous Skyrim modding discords.

> Yep, and modlists don't usually bother either.  You usually get an old/out-dated/buggy version of a mod because that's what was current at the time the modlist was "curated".

Lists are frequently updated.  This really doesn't happen very often.  Also, plenty of times an older version of a mod works just fine.  If you tried to keep everything up to date even on your own personal list, you would be spending more time modding and building patches rather than playing.

I refuted your points, but you're going to ignore this anyway because you're a retard and will attempt to keep moving the goalposts, or spout bullshit about your warped reality that doesn't exist.

9 minutes ago, Xarius said:

I refuted your points

Not really.  You provided one singular example (Wabbajack) that appears to operate contrary to how most modlists do.  Wabbajack is not representative of how most modlists are compiled or maintained (or rather, not maintained).  Most of them are just someone trying to get some quick attention for "internet cred" before promptly abandoning the whole thing.  And again, I'll repeat myself when I say that most modlists contain stolen content because permissions were neither sought nor granted to include in them.