Starfield has lost 97% of players.

29 minutes ago, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

So... Elder Scrolls 6..

Who's excited for that now?

Anybody?...

I was excited, but after Starfail, I'm REALLY having doubts...

To some extent after Fallout 4, Fallout 76, and now Starfield, I am expecting even dumber npc's, with even more stupid quest lines, after all Starfield was supposed to be Bethesda's game of love, having been worked on for over what ten years, and we get this, something they could have done years ago, but somehow or other was not possible before, yeh, I expect everything to be simpler, more stupid and even more dumb, aimed at the younger players who have the attention span of gnats, and want to be able to do everything in a few hours or days at the most, so that they can then move onto the next game, though it will in most likely hood look great, but be shallow as hell, like too many modern games are.

Will I eventually buy Starfield, sure when the Premium Edition drops to around £10-15, maybe if I am feeling generous when it's around £20.  Will I buy the next elder scrolls, sure though when will depend a lot on the game itself, if it is anything like Starfield then when the complete or all in one is around £10-20, if they manage to get out a decent game then maybe when it's around £20-30, it will depend a lot on the new game.

Edited by Varithina
1 hour ago, Varithina said:

To some extent after Fallout 4, Fallout 76, and now Starfield, I am expecting even dumber npc's, with even more stupid quest lines, after all Starfield was supposed to be Bethesda's game of love, having been worked on for over what ten years, and we get this, something they could have done years ago, but somehow or other was not possible before, yeh, I expect everything to be simpler, more stupid and even more dumb, aimed at the younger players who have the attention span of gnats, and want to be able to do everything in a few hours or days at the most, so that they can then move onto the next game, though it will in most likely hood look great, but be shallow as hell, like too many modern games are.

Will I eventually buy Starfield, sure when the Premium Edition drops to around £10-15, maybe if I am feeling generous when it's around £20.  Will I buy the next elder scrolls, sure though when will depend a lot on the game itself, if it is anything like Starfield then when the complete or all in one is around £10-20, if they manage to get out a decent game then maybe when it's around £20-30, it will depend a lot on the new game.

I wonder if because of Starfield's arguable failure, there will be collector's editions of TES 6 lying around for a while after launch. I mean, I haven't really been paying attention to anyone's take on player interest in Bethesda games in general post Starfield, as far as player trust is concerned.

TES6 will not be as bad as Starfield.

Starfield had two unique challenges compared to a next TES or Fallout game. 

The first is that it is a brand new setting, new lore, history, etc...where TES and Fallout are established IPs, while working in these two settings, BGS Quest Designers could act as fanfic writers and write up stories without needing to come up with a coherent, cohesive setting first.  Starfield, because its semi-realistic, needed to have a timeline that made logical sense while still fitting in with the limitations of what was desired for the game. For example the player possessing an armed spaceship.

The second was that the old exploration model that the TES games (since Morrowind) and Fallout have used won't work. In those games, the world game map was densely packed with stuff and designed to guide the player in different directions. Starfield was designed with the intent for the player to be able to land on anywhere on a planet or moon, much like Starflight or Star Control 2, two old games it was inspired by. Thing is, planets are big. It didn't matter if they used only 10 star systems or just 1, it would be too much to create the densely packed handcrafted maps used in previous games. So proc gen instead. Which isn't a bad decision if its implemented well. 

BGS had to overcome both of these challenges in order to make Starfield up to the same standard as their previous games.  They were also had to update the engine to handle different levels of gravity and spaceship gameplay, deal with interruptions from FO76 and COVID, and adjust to the changing work culture of expansion of one game studio to five spread across the world, the MS buyout, and who knows what else.

Whether they had overcome these challenges or not for Starfield is a matter of opinion. I certainly have mine. 

But TES6 and Fallout5 will not be facing these headwinds, so they should more in line of what can be expected from the evolution of Morrowind > Oblivion > Skyrim and FO3 > FO4 > FO76. 

Edited by Reigor

TES6 will not be as bad as Starfield, it will be worse.

the cock of DEI indoctrination is now fully up bethesda's ass, it will be a by comity disaster of uninspired crap written by people that are dumber and less creative than an AI.

3 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

TES6 will not be as bad as Starfield, it will be worse.

the cock of DEI indoctrination is now fully up bethesda's ass, it will be a by comity disaster of uninspired crap written by people that are dumber and less creative than an AI.

So you heard the thing about sweet baby huh?

lovejoy-its-over.gif

Edited by サマエル
3 minutes ago, サマエル said:

So you heard the thing about sweet baby huh?

that is only a small head on a extremely large hydra that is out to destroy all the cultures, legends and historys of the world so it can enslave the human race with lies and bullshit, effectively ending the human race by making us unable to invent or think of anything new.

"The Shadow that bred them can only mock, it cannot make: not real new things of its own."

18 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

that is only a small head on a extremely large hydra that is out to destroy all the cultures, legends and historys of the world so it can enslave the human race with lies and bullshit, effectively ending the human race by making us unable to invent or think of anything new.

"The Shadow that bred them can only mock, it cannot make: not real new things of its own."

Uruk-Hai-Army.gif

The truth is, I don't care much about those issues and I would dare say that I don't usually pay attention to those things, but it really sucks when people who aren't even interested in video games dare to tell us how we should play our games and instead of selling an interesting plot, their psychological issues end up becoming the real plot, resulting in a shithole that not even they would play. But the truth is that's getting into politics and I'm not going to say anything more about it.

Edited by サマエル

A lot of what people want fixed by mods. Isn't possible. 

I have no doubts that people will try. A lot of the impossible was done with Skyrim because people actually like the game, but Starfield? If this wasn't a Bethesda game, we wouldn't even be talking about it. It would be another AAA flop like Forsaken that people just meme then forget.

Lets be honest. Nobody would even be talking about Starfield if we got a new Mass Effect within 2 years of it's release. People just need that space itch scratched.

DEI is fortunately on it's way out, by the looks of things. It might not happen right away, but I know Blackrock is pulling out of that nasty bitch. I mean I suppose they could always decide the rancid smell is worth it and go in balls deep again, but I kind of doubt they'll do that, if you catch my drift.. I digress.

I know that Starfield had I think one main writer, while, for example, Morrowind had 32, or something like that, and I think that also played a huge part as to why the game was bad. It also definitely sounds, and seems like things were rushed, for example the planned complexity of how space suits were supposed to function versus what we got (I don't buy Todd's excuse).

1 hour ago, cornbreadtm said:

A lot of what people want fixed by mods. Isn't possible. 

I disagree with this assertion that "a lot" of people want what this video addresses.

The video ONLY describes the problem of Starfield not able to handle huge maps, bigger than Skyrim, possibly due to floating point errors like Minecraft used to have It doesn't address any other issue that can't be fixed by modders. And this doesn't mean this one issue can't be eventually addressed . Minecraft eventually fixed this issue with engine upgrades. BGS could do the same with a LOT of work.

But why?

I don't think having maps bigger than Skyrim or 76 is Starfield's core problem when it comes to exploration. It's not the size, its the CONTENT. I can only speak for myself, but I couldn't care less about being able to journey to the other side of the planet without a loading screen if the journey itself is boring. Same thing for space travel. If the journey has nothing interesting to see or do, then either skip it (which is what BGS did with a loading screen) or actually put in the work to make the journey fun and engaging for the player. 

And content for can be added with mods. It also should be done by BGS. Upgrading the proc gen system to give much more variety to POI's, keep them from looking and feeling exactly the same, add small unmarked locations along the way, break up the terrain so there is less flatness, add more encounters, better ways of getting information to the player through its narrative (ship scanners) that yes this is a desolate planet, go here for the views vs. this is an interesting planet with unique locations to check out. 

Starfield's other problems can be, and will be, addressed by future releases, DLCs, and yes...mods. 

1 hour ago, cornbreadtm said:

Lets be honest. Nobody would even be talking about Starfield if we got a new Mass Effect within 2 years of it's release. People just need that space itch scratched.

Nooooo, there would be people talking about Starfield, just as they would about Elite, Star Citizen, the next NMS update, and other games. Mass Effect for all its greatness did not have spaceship gameplay (they were quest hubs only), space ship construction, crafting, outpost building, etc...nor the actual modding ability that Starfield has, which is very important for some players.

This is Lovers Lab. There are folks who want to bang their alien girlfriend in the cockpit whenever they want. With mods, that will eventually that will happen and the world will be better for it. 

I want more story and stuff like that to flesh out the world, I don't get why fundamental changes to the game's functioning and framework get so much noise. 

If you want a game where you can land and fly your ships in any way you want with semi-realistic planets, go play a flight simulator; that isn't what Starfield is about. It's an RPG, not a simulation. Simulator games have to cut back a tonne of functionality to get them to work the way they do without needing some of the best gaming hardware available. 

42 minutes ago, Veniat said:

Quiero más historias y cosas así para darle cuerpo al mundo, no entiendo por qué los cambios fundamentales en el funcionamiento y el marco del juego generan tanto ruido. 

Si quieres un juego en el que puedas aterrizar y volar tus naves de la forma que quieras con planetas semi-realistas, juega un simulador de vuelo; De eso no se trata Starfield. Es un juego de rol, no una simulación. Los juegos de simulador tienen que reducir una gran cantidad de funciones para que funcionen como lo hacen sin necesidad del mejor hardware de juegos disponible. 

The hate campaign against Starfield has been very powerful and has resonated with people. Nowadays it is very difficult to find people with their own thoughts.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mussel said:

The hate campaign against Starfield has been very powerful and has resonated with people. Nowadays it is very difficult to find people with their own thoughts.

For me, I had( to my fault) high expectations. For me, I was looking for a sci fi game that had planets(New Atlantis) with huge cities( Cyberpunk 2077 or GTA 5) , flying cars and ones on the road driving by was for immersion, immersive citizens as vendors or actually has things to do rather than muddle around, active rail systems. How cool to hear bullet trains as you walk by. Ships constantly coming in and out of a HUGE space port should have filled with so many technicians with so many special titles it would be ridiculous. A living world. And people stop smiling at me when I talk to them.

Akilia City I envisioned was more a mix of Deadwood(series) some elements of Tatooine and heavy on Firefly outer colonies. Variety of animals in the city and outside and I do not mean the wildlife(aliens). And  stop smiling at me when I talk to you.

Everything divided into sectors inner or core systems, mid and outer and being able to travel between systems and just cruise and possibly set up a space station between Sol And Alpha Centauri and catch a random event between systems like a black hole or a rogue star that broke orbit. How cool would it be to see a nebula? And light sources actually match a planets distance. And speaking of planets, who had the brain fart idea to keep me in orbit around a planet when I want to break orbit or travel around a planet? And why is there always an asteroid field or debris when I jump to a planet? Stop with the loading screens.  And as for UC and FC organizations, if a research station or outpost goes dark? Send out people to investigate do not leave it to me to find the dead. That's your job. 

And as for you Constellation.  I am the captain of "MY" ship. I pay the docking fees, repairs, risk my neck for your organization that you shanghaied me into with little choice and you will NOT dress me down in front of the crew as if I am a first year cadet. IF I am Captain you will address me as such or GET OFF OR LET ME QUIT! And speaking of which no COLE you do not have a say on what is and what is not allowed on my ship. Find a baby sitter! And as for you CORA, Stay off the Comms! SHUT UP! 

Sorry went off topic and this was really pent up and bothering me. 

Other than that I do not mind the settlement system or the ship building.  Cannot wait until I get a shipping lanes set up.  And the faction stories are nothing to write home to mom, but it's okay. 

Edited by Kraven12
5 hours ago, Reigor said:

Starfield's other problems can be, and will be, addressed by future releases, DLCs, and yes...mods. 

Nooooo, there would be people talking about Starfield, just as they would about Elite, Star Citizen, the next NMS update, and other games. Mass Effect for all its greatness did not have spaceship gameplay (they were quest hubs only), space ship construction, crafting, outpost building, etc...nor the actual modding ability that Starfield has, which is very important for some players.

This is Lovers Lab. There are folks who want to bang their alien girlfriend in the cockpit whenever they want. With mods, that will eventually that will happen and the world will be better for it. 

What problems are they? The game being bad? People aren't interest in the characters or stories. No lore videos or character analysis. Game interest is at 0. Gameplay is decent, but not a single person doesn't attest that you can play FO4 for the same gameplay loop with less problems.

Mass Effect Andromeda had massive planetary exploration. Next game would obviously top that. And if people only wanted to build ships, then Starfield wouldn't be in the conversation. Ship building in Starfield is weaker than the Gummy ship building in KH2. You can obviously mod in better ship building. But again, people have to care.

Starfield is still $50 on sale, until that goes down to $10 new people aren't going to give the game a chance. When modding does drop, they already have paid mods since they already gave the licenses out to the paid modders. There is no wait period like with Skyrim. So even if someone "fixed" the game, it would be paid. And we'd be waiting for a free equivalent. A lot of our best modders hate paid modding and left even Skyrim because of it. They aren't liable to hop into "day 1 paid mod support" Starfield. 

Also lets not forget that updates break modding. And Starfield's community isn't as strong as Skyrim's. It wont last multiple updates breaking everything. People will move on.

Also... what Alien girlfriend?

3 hours ago, cornbreadtm said:

not a single person doesn't attest that you can play FO4 for the same gameplay loop with less problems.

That single person would be me. Fo4:  Lousy role-playing with the player locked into a hard coded background with only minor differences between Nate and Nora.  Horribly transparent false choices from the dialogue wheel, player VA to keep you from putting your own emotional spin on the limited choices that you do have, and plot holes that you could fly the Frontier through.

Mods and DLC went a long way to redeem Fallout 4, but I'd far, far, far sooner be playing Starfield. And that's with almost 10 years of mods for Fo4 vs. just a few patches for Starfield.

3 hours ago, cornbreadtm said:

Also lets not forget that updates break modding. And Starfield's community isn't as strong as Skyrim's

Have you seen the number of mods on Nexus? Already? Without the CK even being released? You think that's going to go down once the CK drops?

I mean OK: you don't like the game then you don't like the game. Only there's plenty of us that like it just fine, thank you all the same.

Edited by DocClox
2 hours ago, cornbreadtm said:

What problems are they? The game being bad? People aren't interest in the characters or stories. No lore videos or character analysis. Game interest is at 0. Gameplay is decent, but not a single person doesn't attest that you can play FO4 for the same gameplay loop with less problems.

There is plenty of youtube videos, ship building, outpost building, people playing, talking about quests. There are people on this site who play the game. There are over 6000 mods on Starfield Nexus. Game interest is not 0.

FO4 has the same gameplay loop? There are similarities sure, but I there are some stark differences like the exploration model and crafting systems. I would say that FO4 is more similar to Skyrim than it is to Starfield. 

Mass Effect Andromeda had massive planetary exploration. Next game would obviously top that. And if people only wanted to build ships, then Starfield wouldn't be in the conversation. Ship building in Starfield is weaker than the Gummy ship building in KH2. You can obviously mod in better ship building. But again, people have to care.

Massive planetary exploration? Did we play the same game? ME:A had big maps, but nowhere as big as Skyrim's, filled with the same stuff with like a collection of enemies with a loot box over and over again. Sound familiar? Now the Nomad was pretty fun to drive. Starfield definitely needs vehicles. And again there are lot of ship builder vids and communities on Facebook. So yeah, there is interest.

Starfield is still $50 on sale, until that goes down to $10 new people aren't going to give the game a chance. When modding does drop, they already have paid mods since they already gave the licenses out to the paid modders. There is no wait period like with Skyrim. So even if someone "fixed" the game, it would be paid. And we'd be waiting for a free equivalent. A lot of our best modders hate paid modding and left even Skyrim because of it. They aren't liable to hop into "day 1 paid mod support" Starfield. 

6000+ mods on Nexus say otherwise. 

Also lets not forget that updates break modding. And Starfield's community isn't as strong as Skyrim's. It wont last multiple updates breaking everything. People will move on.

But "they" haven't moved on from Morrowind, Oblivion, FO3, Skyrim, or FO4. There are people that still play and mod these games despite game updates. 

Going back to the first part. What problems do I think Starfield has? Sure, here is my list. If anyone wants more examples, let me know.

Lack of a comprehensive and logical history and lore for the setting. 

Numerous quests that have contradictory events that don't make sense.

Proc gen world content was not implemented in a way that keeps repetition and player boredom at a minimum.

Same thing for space gameplay

"Walkbacks" of game features that were in previous BGS games but were not implemented in Starfield, even though the engine can support them.

- 2D water

- Lack of accessories (boots, jewelry, arm gear, etc...)

- NPCs with schedules (there are a few that have some, like the miners at Cydonia, but the majority don't)

- Companions can't be commanded.

Mindlessly copying gameplay from previous games, like city guards and bounty system, that don't fit as well in a modern sci-fi setting. 

General bland clothing, ugly crowd npcs,  

Most of that CAN be fixed by mods, especially when the CK2 comes out. Some, like new clothing and accessories, making npcs nicer looking, are already out on Nexus.

Oh, and there is a Star Wars alien npc mod out now. So yeah, adding alien girlfriends. :D

Edited by Reigor

Personnellement je trouve que de devoir attendre que tel ou tel mod corrige ou ajoute ceci ou cela, laisse quand même un arrière-gout de pas fini. On se retrouve avec moins d'options et/ou de détails que les jeux précédents. Je ne trouve pas normal qu'un jeu ayant soi-disant été en développement 7 ans ait autant de lacunes et qu'encore une fois ce doit être aux modeurs de finir le travail (dans ce qui est possible de finir).

C'est comme si vous demandez à une entreprise de changer les tuiles sur votre toit et que le gars vous dit: "C'est bon monsieur, j'ai enlevé les anciennes tuiles. Pour les nouvelles il faudra les faire vous-même parce que moi j'ai fini mon boulot.". C'est du grand n'importe quoi.

Autant les précédents jeux de Bethesda ne m'ont pas posé de problèmes, il manquait des trucs mais ils étaient plutôt bien conçu dans l'ensemble et prenant. Starfield de son côté est complètement bancal, comme cité plus haut et que j'ai aussi dit dans mon évaluation Steam: les incoherences de dialogue, les pnjs, pas de nage sous l'eau, l'histoire inintéressante, l'abus de génération procédurale, les romances nulles, ......

Bref, on peut mettre toute la chantilly que l'on veut sur un tas de merde ça ne la rendra pas plus appétissant pour autant.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Personally I find that having to wait for this or that mod to correct or add this or that still leaves a taste of not being finished. We end up with fewer options and/or details than previous games. I don't find it normal that a game that has supposedly been in development for 7 years has so many gaps and that once again it must be up to the modders to finish the work (in what is possible to finish).

It's like if you asked a company to change the tiles on your roof and the guy said to you: "It's okay sir, I removed the old tiles. For the new ones you will have to do them yourself because that I have finished my work." It is bullshit.

As much as Bethesda's previous games didn't give me any problems, there were things missing but they were generally well designed and engaging. Starfield for its part is completely shaky, as mentioned above and which I also said in my Steam evaluation: the inconsistencies of dialogue, the NPCs, no swimming underwater, the uninteresting story, the abuse of generation procedural, lousy romances,......

In short, you can put all the whipped cream you want on a pile of shit, it won't make it any more appetizing.

3 hours ago, DocClox said:

That single person would be me. Fo4:  Lousy role-playing with the player locked into a hard coded background with only minor differences between Nate and Nora.  Horribly transparent false choices from the dialogue wheel, player VA to keep you from putting your own emotional spin on the limited choices that you do have, and plot holes that you could fly the Frontier through.

Mods and DLC went a long way to redeem Fallout 4, but I'd far, far, far sooner be playing Starfield. And that's with almost 10 years of mods for Fo4 vs. just a few patches for Starfield.

Have you seen the number of mods on Nexus? Already? Without the CK even being released? You think that's going to go down once the CK drops?

I mean OK: you don't like the game then you don't like the game. Only there's plenty of us that like it just fine, thank you all the same.

That's honestly something that drives me absolutely mad online, okay, you don't like a game, why do you have to go on and on about not liking the game? Always going, "THE GAME IS DEAD", "BETHESDA SUCKS", "KILL BETHESDA", always, every single modern game thats come out in the last decade has had a very vocal minority, of differing sizes depending on how good the game really is, that will be militant about spreading their hate about the game, nitpicking every single issue, spamming gaming forums about how much they hate this or that game. 

I get it, you don't like the game, you don't need to constantly say it, just complain once and go play games you actually do like. 

10 hours ago, Reigor said:

Lack of a comprehensive and logical history and lore for the setting. 

Numerous quests that have contradictory events that don't make sense.

Proc gen world content was not implemented in a way that keeps repetition and player boredom at a minimum.

Same thing for space gameplay

"Walkbacks" of game features that were in previous BGS games but were not implemented in Starfield, even though the engine can support them.

- 2D water

- Lack of accessories (boots, jewelry, arm gear, etc...)

- NPCs with schedules (there are a few that have some, like the miners at Cydonia, but the majority don't)

- Companions can't be commanded.

Mindlessly copying gameplay from previous games, like city guards and bounty system, that don't fit as well in a modern sci-fi setting. 

General bland clothing, ugly crowd npcs,  

Most of that CAN be fixed by mods, especially when the CK2 comes out. Some, like new clothing and accessories, making npcs nicer looking, are already out on Nexus.

Oh, and there is a Star Wars alien npc mod out now. So yeah, adding alien girlfriends. :D

Honestly, and this isn't me forcing words into your mouth, it sounds like you don't like the game but want mods to fix it. I'm not saying "you hate the game" like people in this thread seem to like shouting. I simply mean, in it's current state the game pulls you out of your immersion. Most of the RP YTers I watch ended their Starfield RPs for the same reason. Rycon was probably the biggest one for me since he usually just looks for a solution and keeps trucking. His solution this time was to end the series till Bethesda fixed the game. These kinds of games are fun because they suck you into the world. If all of your problems with the game are immersion break, then that is compromised.

8 hours ago, Orpheaned said:

you can put all the whipped cream you want on a pile of shit, it won't make it any more appetizing.

I'm in the camp that the devs need to fix the game. Then modders can work off of the finished product.

Everything people are throwing around is the idea that modders will fix the game! That's ridiculous. I've seen it happen before with Mount and Blade 2. But that was also in beta and people were impatient. It had a solid base and people just put everything they wanted from the previous titles into it that they could.

I've ran through the Starfield mods. Most of the modding attempts are to make the game closer to FO4. lots of adding stuff that Bethesda, not modding put in FO4. Almost like "Bethesda QOL" systems. Which is why the M&B2 comparison sticks with me. The difference is that everyone knew that M&B2 would get the features. Can't say the same for Starfield, Bethesda can easily go in a different direction.

Also Starfield having 7k mods on Nexus isn't impressive. The majority of that number is taken up by translations (Needed for Bethesda mods). Skyrim and FO4 also have the same problem where the mod count is being inflated quickly by translations. Compare them to Cyberpunk 2077 which doesn't have translations taking up any of there mod count. That being said, I consider Starfield's mods better than Cyberpunk's since it's not all clothes, cars and skin. 

But my point still stands. The majority of the modders for Bethesda games have left Starfield. If they are part of the paid mods program, we have no way of knowing it till that drops. But if they do come back and are pay walled, then that isn't going to help the game. "Starfield is broken, but you can fix it by buying $50s worth of mods!" isn't the look that the game needs to maintain a strong modding scene. We lost tons of people to paid mods with Skyrim and that wasn't even that bad.

I want Starfield to be fixed up to AAA status, get a strong mod scene that lasts 15 years and has people chopping at the bits for Starfield 2. But we aren't on the trajectory for that outcome on either front with Bethesda putting their feet up and modders feeling like they should fix the game.

1 minute ago, cornbreadtm said:

Honestly, and this isn't me forcing words into your mouth, it sounds like you don't like the game but want mods to fix it. I'm not saying "you hate the game" like people in this thread seem to like shouting. I simply mean, in it's current state the game pulls you out of your immersion. Most of the RP YTers I watch ended their Starfield RPs for the same reason. Rycon was probably the biggest one for me since he usually just looks for a solution and keeps trucking. His solution this time was to end the series till Bethesda fixed the game. These kinds of games are fun because they suck you into the world. If all of your problems with the game are immersion break, then that is compromised.

I'm in the camp that the devs need to fix the game. Then modders can work off of the finished product.

Everything people are throwing around is the idea that modders will fix the game! That's ridiculous. I've seen it happen before with Mount and Blade 2. But that was also in beta and people were impatient. It had a solid base and people just put everything they wanted from the previous titles into it that they could.

I've ran through the Starfield mods. Most of the modding attempts are to make the game closer to FO4. lots of adding stuff that Bethesda, not modding put in FO4. Almost like "Bethesda QOL" systems. Which is why the M&B2 comparison sticks with me. The difference is that everyone knew that M&B2 would get the features. Can't say the same for Starfield, Bethesda can easily go in a different direction.

Also Starfield having 7k mods on Nexus isn't impressive. The majority of that number is taken up by translations (Needed for Bethesda mods). Skyrim and FO4 also have the same problem where the mod count is being inflated quickly by translations. Compare them to Cyberpunk 2077 which doesn't have translations taking up any of there mod count. That being said, I consider Starfield's mods better than Cyberpunk's since it's not all clothes, cars and skin. 

But my point still stands. The majority of the modders for Bethesda games have left Starfield. If they are part of the paid mods program, we have no way of knowing it till that drops. But if they do come back and are pay walled, then that isn't going to help the game. "Starfield is broken, but you can fix it by buying $50s worth of mods!" isn't the look that the game needs to maintain a strong modding scene. We lost tons of people to paid mods with Skyrim and that wasn't even that bad.

I want Starfield to be fixed up to AAA status, get a strong mod scene that lasts 15 years and has people chopping at the bits for Starfield 2. But we aren't on the trajectory for that outcome on either front with Bethesda putting their feet up and modders feeling like they should fix the game.

Tu as raison, je ne dis pas que "Bethesda doit mourir" au contraire ça m'embêterait vraiment que cela arrive, car l'on ne peut pas leurs retirer qu'ils ont conçu des jeux incroyables. Mais je ne peux pas ranger Starfield dans cette catégorie. Que le jeu ait des bugs, ça arrive, je ne demande pas à ce que tous les jeux soient à 100% sans bugs, il y aura toujours un truc qui pourra bugger. Skyrim avait des bugs mais je me suis bien amusé dessus.

Je demande juste que les devs réparent le jeu et le finissent réellement. Mais il y a très peu de chance pour que cela arrive. C'est dommage car le jeu avait du potentiel mais qui est gâché par un studio qui refuse d'évoluer et un moteur graphique aux fondations rouillées. Ils publieront des MaJ pour corriger les bugs mais je ne m'attendent pas à ce qu'ils corrigent les limitations du moteur graphique.

Après concernant le nombre de Mods sur Nexus ça ne me choque pas, étant donné qu'il n'y a pas de Création Kit, je pense que certains moteurs n'ont pas envie se perde du temps à configurer des trucs un peu à l'aveugle et la majorité de ces mods sont assez simplistes. Personnellement je préfère attendait la Création Kit pour avoir de vrais mods bien mieux conçu et plus stable.

Je suis d'accord avec toi concernant les mods payants. Je ne vais pas payer pour des mods surtout quand l'on voit la qualité des mods payants de Skyrim qui est assez lamentable.

Il est vrai qu'en l'état actuel Starfield ne mérite pas son statut de AAA. Pour le moment je n'ai plus aucune confiance à Bethesda, je regarde ce qu'ils font mais je reste prudent.

------------------------------------------------------------

You're right, I'm not saying that "Bethesda must die" on the contrary it would really annoy me if that happened, because we can't take away from them the fact that they designed incredible games. But I can't put Starfield in that category. It happens that the game has bugs, I'm not asking that all games be 100% bug-free, there will always be something that could be buggy. Skyrim had some bugs but I had fun with it.

I'm just asking that the devs fix the game and actually finish it. But there is very little chance of this happening. It's a shame because the game had potential but was wasted by a studio that refuses to evolve and a graphics engine with rusty foundations. They will release updates to fix the bugs but I don't expect them to fix the graphics engine limitations.

Afterwards regarding the number of Mods on Nexus it does not shock me, given that there is no Creation Kit, I think that certain engines do not want to waste time configuring things a little bit 'blind and the majority of these mods are quite simplistic. Personally I prefer to wait for the Creation Kit to have real mods that are much better designed and more stable.

I agree with you regarding paid mods. I'm not going to pay for mods especially when we see the quality of paid Skyrim mods which is quite pitiful.

It is true that in its current state Starfield does not deserve its AAA status. For the moment I no longer have any confidence in Bethesda, I watch what they do but I remain cautious.

How are mods supposed to fix the basic problem - the absolutely crude background story - of this game?

Would a mod do this - would it be a "total conversion" - a de facto new game... with this limited "engine" that has been outdated for years?

Space shooting games have been around for more than 30 years - starting with the "Ur-Elite" or "Wing-Commander" ... to "home-world" and many others ... to "StarField"??

You make a "fast journey" to an inhabited planet and in the arrival zone dozens of planetary killers in the form of asteroids "swirl" in the (medium) orbit?

Each of these bodies can destroy entire cities in the event of an impact - the impact potential is in the 3-digit megaton range. And then this game advertises the collaboration of NASA on this project - the same NASA that is asking the US government for money to carry out exploration and defense programs against such planet killers!

This game simply crossed a line for me and probably for many other players - what kind of (blatant) bullshit you are willing to accept more or less without comments... precisely because the rest was ultimately worth playing .

There is simply too much "bullshit" and far too few things that are worth connecting to the "controller" ... and this development was ultimately foreseeable ... and no - mods cannot bring about a fundamental revision here.

1 minute ago, Miauzi said:

How are mods supposed to fix the basic problem - the absolutely crude background story - of this game?

Would a mod do this - would it be a "total conversion" - a de facto new game... with this limited "engine" that has been outdated for years?

Space shooting games have been around for more than 30 years - starting with the "Ur-Elite" or "Wing-Commander" ... to "home-world" and many others ... to "StarField"??

You make a "fast journey" to an inhabited planet and in the arrival zone dozens of planetary killers in the form of asteroids "swirl" in the (medium) orbit?

Each of these bodies can destroy entire cities in the event of an impact - the impact potential is in the 3-digit megaton range. And then this game advertises the collaboration of NASA on this project - the same NASA that is asking the US government for money to carry out exploration and defense programs against such planet killers!

This game simply crossed a line for me and probably for many other players - what kind of (blatant) bullshit you are willing to accept more or less without comments... precisely because the rest was ultimately worth playing .

There is simply too much "bullshit" and far too few things that are worth connecting to the "controller" ... and this development was ultimately foreseeable ... and no - mods cannot bring about a fundamental revision here.

C'est sur qu'en l'état aucun mods ne pourra corriger ces problèmes. Surtout avec les limitations du moteur.

Starfield va se retrouver avec des mods plus simplistes: Armures, armes, apparences, vaisseaux....

C'est sur que l'on peut oublier les gros projets comme des planètes custom, une vraie exploration de l'espace, la suppression de certaines cellules,.....

Et ce n'est pas ce genre de choses qui me donne envie de retourner sur le jeu au contraire, je rejoue aux précédents jeux de Bethesda.

---------------------------------------

It is certain that as it stands, no mods will be able to correct these problems. Especially with the engine limitations.

Starfield will end up with more simplistic mods: Armor, weapons, appearances, ships....

Of course, we can forget about big projects like custom planets, a real exploration of space, the deletion of certain cells, etc.

And it's not this kind of thing that makes me want to return to the game; on the contrary, I replay Bethesda's previous games.