Demonwise Posted February 28, 2024 Posted February 28, 2024 1 hour ago, Innersight said: Nintendo came down hard only because the mod maker decided to sell the Pokemon mod. I heard it was locked behind a Patreon. You can make pokemon mods and it'll be protected by Fair Use. The simple lesson any mod maker should take from this is that if it isn't yours then don't sell it. It's more complicated than this but to simplify it... Nintendo doesn't really have a choice. If they don't actively slap people down that try to sell their IP then they can lose their own rights to their own IP. So once it's known that they are aware of it they have to act on it. I never saw any of the Pokémon mods but I suspect that Nintendo would have destroyed them anyway even if they hadn't charged money for the mod. Even if the models were 100% crafted by hand by the modder, the "likeness" of the models would have still likely stepped over the grounds of intellectual property infringement. Nintendo is extremely possessive of their brand and they ruthlessly go after anyone or anything that they feel will tarnish their brand. There is also a area of of intellectual property and law as it concerns brands. If Nintendo were to allow anyone and everyone to make any sort of spin-off of Pokémon under the sun then there is a risk of 'diluting' their brand. If a brand becomes diluted too much then their authority over it can be called into question. Nintendo wants to permanently hold the iron grip over all of their ip and they don't want to risk ever having their authority over it called into question which is why the decimate and destroy all fan-made merchandise or mods. It's really sad though, they go waaaaay beyond what is necessary to protect their brand name and ip. Don't get me wrong, Pokémon is great but Nintendo as a company is pretty shitty. 4
Innersight Posted February 28, 2024 Posted February 28, 2024 8 minutes ago, Demonwise said: Even if the models were 100% crafted by hand by the modder Hm. Nah. There's no way someone worked that fast. the game was brand new. And there were models for everything. Even players. I suppose it's possible that the creator made all of this in the years leading up to the open beta. Huh. I intended to post a youtube video I saw like a month ago showcasing the mod but I couldn't find it. It's buried deep under videos of Nintendo hardcore gouging any Pokemon mods in Palworld. So I guess you're right about that. It doesn't look like any Pokemon mods are going to happen. Forget my earlier words of encouragement. even if they're not within their rights they're big enough to bully you out of making pokemon stuff. 3
Algene Posted February 28, 2024 Posted February 28, 2024 2 hours ago, Demonwise said: I never saw any of the Pokémon mods but I suspect that Nintendo would have destroyed them anyway even if they hadn't charged money for the mod. Even if the models were 100% crafted by hand by the modder, the "likeness" of the models would have still likely stepped over the grounds of intellectual property infringement. Nintendo is extremely possessive of their brand and they ruthlessly go after anyone or anything that they feel will tarnish their brand. There is also a area of of intellectual property and law as it concerns brands. If Nintendo were to allow anyone and everyone to make any sort of spin-off of Pokémon under the sun then there is a risk of 'diluting' their brand. If a brand becomes diluted too much then their authority over it can be called into question. Nintendo wants to permanently hold the iron grip over all of their ip and they don't want to risk ever having their authority over it called into question which is why the decimate and destroy all fan-made merchandise or mods. It's really sad though, they go waaaaay beyond what is necessary to protect their brand name and ip. Don't get me wrong, Pokémon is great but Nintendo as a company is pretty shitty. I absolutely despise siding with Nintendo, but those models in no circumstance could have been the modder's, the dude would have said anything if he already had made them, maybe if he was a content creator but he is also know for ripping Disney stuff and putting them in other games, surprisingly Disney is more forgiving than Nintendo, or maybe they were scared of hurting their PR even more
patches13 Posted February 29, 2024 Posted February 29, 2024 When it comes to companies like Nintendo, Bethesda, EA, Disney, and others, I have an #unpopular-opinion. If someone purchases a product, such as a game like Pokemon, and decides to extract the models from it and create mods with those models for other games, I believe it shouldn't be a cause for concern. Let those mod creators do their thing and allow us to experience Frozen, Pokemon, Batman, or any other imaginative creations they come up with. As long as the mod creator is driven by passion, I see no harm in it. Interestingly, the modding community largely shares this sentiment. However, it's disheartening to see that the mod hosting websites, which actually profit from the modding community, have taken a different stance and become "woke." This shift in their approach is quite unpleasant.
Innersight Posted February 29, 2024 Posted February 29, 2024 5 hours ago, patches13 said: When it comes to companies like Nintendo, Bethesda, EA, Disney, and others, I have an #unpopular-opinion. If someone purchases a product, such as a game like Pokemon, and decides to extract the models from it and create mods with those models for other games, I believe it shouldn't be a cause for concern. Let those mod creators do their thing and allow us to experience Frozen, Pokemon, Batman, or any other imaginative creations they come up with. As long as the mod creator is driven by passion, I see no harm in it. Interestingly, the modding community largely shares this sentiment. However, it's disheartening to see that the mod hosting websites, which actually profit from the modding community, have taken a different stance and become "woke." This shift in their approach is quite unpleasant. I don't believe that's an unpopular opinion. I believe most people are in the "Let modders do what they want. It's just fun and games" boat. Especially if there's no money involved. We're just also aware of the ultimate realities of mods that fly too close to the sun. Mega-Corporations are never chill about anything. No comment on politics.
zileteh Posted February 29, 2024 Posted February 29, 2024 (edited) 12 hours ago, patches13 said: If someone purchases a product, such as a game like Pokemon, and decides to extract the models from it and create mods with those models for other games, I believe it shouldn't be a cause for concern. As far as I know there is nothing stopping you from doing this for your own personal use, using your legally obtained copies of both games and your own work. The second you start uploading it ANYWHERE then you're actually committing copyright infringement and breaking a federal law. It's not the <making a mod with IP (that you have some legal method to access) but don't yourself own> part that gets you in trouble. It's the making copies / sharing it part. 12 hours ago, patches13 said: ...it's disheartening to see that the mod hosting websites, which actually profit from the modding community, have taken a different stance and become "woke." This shift in their approach is quite unpleasant. The reason is because they are in business to make money and not have it lost in copyright infringement lawsuits. A user uploading unauthorized reproductions of nintendo's copyrighted characters / copies of nintendo's assets without permission is breaking federal copyright laws. Sites like forums, blogs, video hosts like youtube, have a protection against this baked into copyright law where as long as they follow DMCA / takedown requests, they cannot be held responsible if a user uploads infringing content. If a host like nexus decided it DIDNT want to take down mods after recieving DMCA notices, then nexus would be liable for all copyright infringement on their platform. Nintendo might not sue you, an individual modder, because the costs to do so are likely larger than the damages they'd recover and the legal fees. Nintendo would probably not blink at the chance to sue nexus mods for a significantly larger amount of money. The reason some companies don't do take-down notices (even though they could!) is probably because it isn't worth their time paying someone to send one. Edited February 29, 2024 by zileteh
Isaak_brock Posted March 1, 2024 Posted March 1, 2024 (edited) Tried to edit three models (Alpaca,FlameBambi and Kirin) to be a bit more booty heavy, cuter looking, and exposed butts with smaler tails. Extracted with F-Mod and ddited the Mesh, Textures and Armature in Blender 4.0 (Original Mesh with Vertex-Groubs and Skeleton/Poses). But I am not able to put it back together to create a working pak-Mod-File (tried to export fbx, cooked in Unity 5.1 the assets and used unpak to create a pak, but the model only appears with no textures (grey pale checkerboard texture in game) and is not animated anymore - the game even crashes with my paks... so I am too dump to get it to work) - maybe there is someone out there who wants to have an explicit version of Melpaca, Rooby and Univolt as well can create a funktioning .pak with this... I woul be very glad - if you have any questions feel free to ask. Explicit_Kirin_Mare.7z Explicit_FlameBambi_Mare.7z Exlicit_Alpaca_Mare.7z Explicit_GhostBeast_Maraith_Mare.7z Edited March 1, 2024 by Isaak_brock 10
Innersight Posted March 1, 2024 Posted March 1, 2024 8 hours ago, Isaak_brock said: Tried to edit three models (Alpaca,FlameBambi and Kirin) to be a bit more booty heavy, cuter looking, and exposed butts with smaler tails. Extracted with F-Mod and ddited the Mesh, Textures and Armature in Blender 4.0 (Original Mesh with Vertex-Groubs and Skeleton/Poses). But I am not able to put it back together to create a working pak-Mod-File (tried to export fbx, cooked in Unity 5.1 the assets and used unpak to create a pak, but the model only appears with no textures (grey pale checkerboard texture in game) and is not animated anymore - the game even crashes with my paks... so I am too dump to get it to work) - maybe there is someone out there who wants to have an explicit version of Melpaca, Rooby and Univolt as well can create a funktioning .pak with this... I woul be very glad - if you have any questions feel free to ask. Explicit_Kirin_Mare.7z 12.73 MB · 18 downloads Explicit_FlameBambi_Mare.7z 18.83 MB · 20 downloads Exlicit_Alpaca_Mare.7z 11.86 MB · 14 downloads Explicit_GhostBeast_Maraith_Mare.7z 15.1 MB · 5 downloads If I toss these into my mod folder would they work? or should I wait until someone rolls them into pak files?
PGRF DISCONTINUED Posted March 1, 2024 Posted March 1, 2024 10 hours ago, Isaak_brock said: Tried to edit three models (Alpaca,FlameBambi and Kirin) to be a bit more booty heavy, cuter looking, and exposed butts with smaler tails. Extracted with F-Mod and ddited the Mesh, Textures and Armature in Blender 4.0 (Original Mesh with Vertex-Groubs and Skeleton/Poses). But I am not able to put it back together to create a working pak-Mod-File (tried to export fbx, cooked in Unity 5.1 the assets and used unpak to create a pak, but the model only appears with no textures (grey pale checkerboard texture in game) and is not animated anymore - the game even crashes with my paks... so I am too dump to get it to work) - maybe there is someone out there who wants to have an explicit version of Melpaca, Rooby and Univolt as well can create a funktioning .pak with this... I woul be very glad - if you have any questions feel free to ask. Explicit_Kirin_Mare.7z 12.73 MB · 19 downloads Explicit_FlameBambi_Mare.7z 18.83 MB · 22 downloads Exlicit_Alpaca_Mare.7z 11.86 MB · 18 downloads Explicit_GhostBeast_Maraith_Mare.7z 15.1 MB · 11 downloads The horse genitalia aren't anatomically correct btw 2
Isaak_brock Posted March 2, 2024 Posted March 2, 2024 (edited) 12 hours ago, Innersight said: If I toss these into my mod folder would they work? or should I wait until someone rolls them into pak files? I tried to create a .pak serveral times - I exported a fbx-file out of blender, imported it to unity (in Unreal(5.1)-Projekt-Overview it looks promising) - but after cooking the unity assets and creating a .pak-File with the unpak.bat - in game the pal has no texture and no animation and if you add the modded pal to your party the game crashes. Guess i am using the wrong way to parent the Armature or editing the Textures in Blender or I miss something important in cooking the assets - i just dont know - looking forward for a modder who has more experience in model-Edits for Palworld... i just stuck. The blend-Files I uploaded are only for moders who know the correct workflow from Blender to Unitiy to Mod-File. Edited March 2, 2024 by Isaak_brock 2
Isaak_brock Posted March 2, 2024 Posted March 2, 2024 10 hours ago, Salamansky said: The horse genitalia aren't anatomically correct btw 6
Levidos Posted March 2, 2024 Posted March 2, 2024 I do quite agree that Some may look better slightly altered compared to an actual one , well so long as it looks good , it looks good 👍
Tauxieros Posted March 2, 2024 Posted March 2, 2024 Hello, possible to have in a next update, the male version for Jormuntide Ignis? Thanks
Isaak_brock Posted March 2, 2024 Posted March 2, 2024 Just a Blender-File-Preset for Jetdragon (Skeleton is not optimised but the original Armature from the Game is in the Scene). Feel free to ask me anything, if someone is considering to create a .pak out of it. Still not capable to create a functional pak myself! Explicit_JetDragon_hen.7z 5
zileteh Posted March 2, 2024 Posted March 2, 2024 (edited) 12 hours ago, Isaak_brock said: It does look better when you do it right. For instance, the color of the entire pussy is usually the same not changing color half way down, so it looks weird, and the shape is pretty off - need to consult some "reference material". Part of the joy of feral is having a variety of pussies and dicks to enjoy 5 hours ago, Isaak_brock said: Just a Blender-File-Preset for Jetdragon (Skeleton is not optimised but the original Armature from the Game is in the Scene). Feel free to ask me anything, if someone is considering to create a .pak out of it. Still not capable to create a functional pak myself! Explicit_JetDragon_hen.7z 39.75 MB · 3 downloads That's interesting, the only other jetdragon ive seen so far has a slit, much like an aquatic mammal. This will be a nice addition to give some variety. Any intention to make one with closer-to-original coloring? Edited March 2, 2024 by zileteh 1
BigMac9632 Posted March 3, 2024 Posted March 3, 2024 I'm a fan of the direction of those models, I unfortunately dont have any modding experience, but will 100% add them to my game if they get working. My question is are you planning to release them with the shown colors or the default? only not a fan of the Univolt, not knocking it, I just prefer the original 2
Isaak_brock Posted March 3, 2024 Posted March 3, 2024 (edited) 2 hours ago, BigMac9632 said: I'm a fan of the direction of those models, I unfortunately dont have any modding experience, but will 100% add them to my game if they get working. My question is are you planning to release them with the shown colors or the default? only not a fan of the Univolt, not knocking it, I just prefer the original I am sucker for red, pink, yellow and white... so I make my textures like that... I think of bluish or greenish colors on characters looking like zombie or corpses... but I know that strange thinking of mine is not yours ... if you help me recruit someone to get the blends convert to paks working, i'll give you any color you wish for regarding a texture edit in Blender. Edited March 3, 2024 by Isaak_brock Typo 3
Isaak_brock Posted March 3, 2024 Posted March 3, 2024 9 hours ago, zileteh said: It does look better when you do it right. For instance, the color of the entire pussy is usually the same not changing color half way down, so it looks weird, and the shape is pretty off - need to consult some "reference material". Part of the joy of feral is having a variety of pussies and dicks to enjoy hm... i'll try to improve. 7
Steampunk88 Posted March 3, 2024 Posted March 3, 2024 MLP inspired univolt design? if im wrong disregard this, but did you shrink the body or modify the head to look like that? just curious.🤨
Innersight Posted March 3, 2024 Posted March 3, 2024 7 hours ago, Steampunk88 said: MLP inspired univolt design? if im wrong disregard this, but did you shrink the body or modify the head to look like that? just curious.🤨 The Rooby looks pretty MLP-esque but that's probably normal. teh univolt looks about right https://static1.e621.net/data/65/a4/65a4496f429ebe4fcfd262f41c4ed4b3.webm
Isaak_brock Posted March 3, 2024 Posted March 3, 2024 7 hours ago, Steampunk88 said: MLP inspired univolt design? if im wrong disregard this, but did you shrink the body or modify the head to look like that? just curious.🤨 what are you talking about... 4
BigMac9632 Posted March 3, 2024 Posted March 3, 2024 (edited) 12 hours ago, Isaak_brock said: I am sucker for red, pink, yellow and white... so I make my textures like that... I think of bluish or greenish colors on characters looking like zombie or corpses... but I know that strange thinking of mine is not yours ... if you help me recruit someone to get the blends convert to paks working, i'll give you any color you wish for regarding a texture edit in Blender. Ooh, i like the purple and gold ish one! If i knew anyone who could, id send them your way... The only people I know that do texture work in general are avatars in vrchat, and even then i think one of the two isnt into feral, and the other that is into feral isnt into palworld xD I mean, do what colors you want, honestly i'll get used to whatever one you release if you do release it. your model looks good regardless Edited March 3, 2024 by BigMac9632
sharky51 Posted March 4, 2024 Posted March 4, 2024 Hi all I'm the mod autor of this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/palworld/mods/552. Does anyone here know how to get the OK mod working? I can't seem to figure it out.
Innersight Posted March 4, 2024 Posted March 4, 2024 5 minutes ago, sharky51 said: Hi all I'm the mod autor of this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/palworld/mods/552. Does anyone here know how to get the OK mod working? I can't seem to figure it out. CookieLoverAnon made a video to walk us through it in this thread
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now