Nuka Ride World Patch WIP

View File

Nuka Ride World Patch WIP Version 1.0.6

This patch is for Nuka Ride 6.6.0+

Warning!
IF you use either the CWSS or BYOP patches, you will need to replace them with the ones here.

With that outa the road...

The short version: This patch cleans up leftover construction items and makes Nuka Town, and many of the custom cells aah..prettier.

The long version:

This changes a shite ton of stuff.

humm... maybe that should be the short version.

This patch at the moment mainly deals with Nuka Town and the interior cells. It fixes al lot of z fighting, alignment, terrain, navmesh and left over/floating world items.

It adds a helipad for the BOS & VIP's. It adds a few vehicles for them to get around in.

It tastefully highlights the spot where Nisha is standing upon returning to Nuka World during the Apollo quest. You spawn directly in front of here and she's standing under a street light.
So if you don't see her... you fuuuucked uuuup! ;)

It adds missing light strips on the buildings, decorations outside the Amphitheater & tattoo shop.
Attempts to fill all the gaps left by removing the trash. Which btw is over 5K items.
It fixes the floating light strings, and add a bunch of lights & light posts.

======================

Patches:

The reason you'll need my version of the CWSS and or BYOP is because so much was changed in the effected cells that the current precombines are no longer valid and will make a total mess if the original versions are used.

At some point JB will probably fold this patch into the main mod and the precombines can be dealt with then. But rest easy knowing it currently doesn't effect performance.
Note that's on the interior cells. Nuka Town is still shite and needs rebuilt in a bad way. I'll do that when it's completely done.

======================

Installation:

As with any mod. Just Do IT!

Because of the changes this patch makes, a prewar new game is required.

You can try a alt start, but IF you see weird doors, out of place stuff... well you know what to do.

But you can't use a save that has ever seen Nuka Ride.

Load order IS specific and should look like so;

Nuka Ride.esp
Nuka Ride World Patch.esp
Nuka Ride CWSS WORLD Patch.esp
and or

Nuka Ride BYOP WORLD Patch.esp

======================

And a big thanks to @JB. and his crew for the awesome mod and allowing me for fiddle fart around with it!

Change Log:

Spoiler

V1.0.6

Lots more tweaks to the navmesh, interiors and ya know.. stuff!
Seven Bar has the furniture changed to open it up a bit and make is easier to navigate when busy.
Garden, has the outer walls adjusted so you can't see out when the leaves are removed. Garden tools have a rack, chore idles are no longer floating.

The new enemas are slightly redone.

The Dunmore Far, has the feed trough spun the correct direction. Some of the plants were truned/moved so the idles are not in the fence.
All hanging lanterns have hooks.

Cappie Cafe doors are changed, inside & out. You can walk up to the roof via the stairs, so no need for a teleport door.

Cleaned & fixed pathing in the Truck Stop Office.

CWSS toilets has been updated to work with the enemas. (So if you use it make sure you update it to.)

V1.0.5

Now requires Nuka Ride 6.6.0+
Minor tweaks to comply with 6.6.0 🚀

Also updated the CWSS patch

V1.0.4
Final update before 6.6. Unless I really screwed the pooch!

V1.0.3

Long story short.

The CK has a bug that was adding records to the mod that were not edited and shouldn't have been there.
So, during the bug busting I shift+delete the wrong file, ya know the one that was supposed to be THIS update.

Anyway, I had to remove (for techy reasons) the pre/vis data and spent a week getting back to where it should be, plus a bit more.

But the good news, the mod is now clean of extra whatchamacallits & thingamajigs.  :)

V1.0.2

Precombine/vis have been generated for Nuka Town, 27ish cells. It needed to sooooo very badly! I now get 65 FPS to 90 FPS. :)

Anyway... the other stuff.

All the workbenches at Fizztop Grill, inside & out are now linked together. So if you want dump some supplies in any of them, they'll show up in all of them.

Added several, or maybe a bunch, of Alien Heads that was part of a deal the OB made so he could better monitor his domain.. and his Bitches. Can you find them all?

Updated the Fizztop Grill interior.

And worked through 4 pages of notes, that I wont bore ya'll with.

V1.0.1

Added a lot more lights & decorations.

Cut the elevator (Golden Globes) travel time in half. Was 8 seconds.

Added a shade tree auto mechanic. Sort of, he doesn't get a tree.

Added about 16 more roaming Raiders.

Moved the stairs over to the Cappy Cafe side, cause you can walk up to the roof. No need to use the load doors.. you're welcome.

Changed the Apartment bathroom a bit.

Cleaned up outside the gate, Galactic Zone side.

Changed the doors on the Moon of Steel.

Added a bathroom and some clutter to the privet room on the MoS So the current CWSS patch will kind of conflict at the moment.

Spruced up the Seven Bar's bar.

Left a little something in each interior cell. IF you can find them, I'm sure you'll get a bang out of it.

More of the usual alignment & navmesh stuff.

===================

V1.0
Initial release

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/07/2024
  • Category
  • Requires
    AAF Nuka Ride, AAF, Toture Devices and all DLC's

Edited by izzyknows
Posted (edited)

When posting screenshots of issues, please put them in spoiler tags.

And BTW, a screenshot is the best way to report things out of sorts.

Edited by izzyknows

grimble, gramble, grumble

ok next time i start a new NR this goes in place.  looking good so far (from the screenshots).

i suppose i really should do it now so i would lose less progress, but actually i will wait a bit so when i do roll back

to a no NR save it won't be so bad to replay the quests etc that i have done.

5 minutes ago, valcon767 said:

grimble, gramble, grumble

ok next time i start a new NR this goes in place.  looking good so far (from the screenshots).

i suppose i really should do it now so i would lose less progress, but actually i will wait a bit so when i do roll back

to a no NR save it won't be so bad to replay the quests etc that i have done.

LOL! You have noooo idea how many times I restarted so I could test things like door placement, navmesh, terrain.... Only to find it wasn't quite right... fix it, start over AGAIN!

If you're running the test version, which I think you are, with the two paths, it makes is a bit easier of a pill to swallow. Yeah.. I know it's actually 3 paths.

I guess we know what the next movie is going to be. ;)

Spoiler

Fallout4Screenshot2024_01.07-23_03_41_62.png.64faa480daac4b0e7be5c8f1d048ac6e.png

Damn, congratulations! It looks amazing. ?

I have a question. If I were to add some bouquets of roses in the apartment garden, would that break up this patch? 

I don't have many plans for Nuka Town, other than filming some advertising for cars in front of the water fountain, but that's for the future. Would that imply problems with the patch?

Given the presence of the garden, this patch is compatible with version 6.5 (the test version), not 6.4 (which is the, shall we say, stable version). 

Edited by JB.
3 hours ago, JB. said:

Damn, congratulations! It looks amazing. ?

I have a question. If I were to add some bouquets of roses in the apartment garden, would that break up this patch? 

I don't have many plans for Nuka Town, other than filming some advertising for cars in front of the water fountain, but that's for the future. Would that imply problems with the patch?

Given the presence of the garden, this patch is compatible with version 6.5 (the test version), not 6.4 (which is the, shall we say, stable version). 

I had this running before 6.5 and the only thing that was kind of broke was the wall to the maids room. The graphics would glitch when walking through, I removed the now invisible solid wall tiles and all was good. Later I completely deleted the cell and deep copied it again, so it's all 6.5.

In other words.. you do your thing, break the shite out of this patch and don't worry about it! I'll update the patch with the new goodies! :)

But additions are not an issue. Removal of items are sneaky little buggers, but still not a big issue.

Actually, since I deep copied the interior cells, my patch will add the garden & maids room to 6.4. None of that stuff will work obviously. At worst they might be blocked by the 6.4 walls which have no record in 6.5.
I'll add a note that everybody needs to be on 6.5+ Which is honestly a no brainier. I mean Comon Maaan!! Get with the program. ?

2 hours ago, calvin_0 said:

soo, i shouldnt install the CWSS patch in Nuka Ride if i install this one, right? 

Correct.
My patch breaks the precombines, and the vanilla CWSS patch will try to put them back and fail. Leaving you looking into the abyss.

8 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Just updated the description to add...

This patch is for Nuka Ride 6.5+

good thing that when i finish installed everything, it's too late for me to play, otherwise i would been using this patch with nuka ride 6.4.7 =D

i guess i'll reinstall nuka ride with the included CWSS patch for now.

installed the patch on current game.

yes i know you said to use on a new NR, but to quote Junior (the mean widdle kid) "i dood it anyway"

the helipad/cars came out really nice.  noticed some other spots you cleaned/fixed that work very well also.

got one spot i found the ground messed up, but as i do not know if that is due to adding to already started NR

or it was a missed spot.  means i will have to remove patch/roll back and see if the ground is that way without patch.

when i know more about that spot i will post again.

looking good and thank you 

8 hours ago, valcon767 said:

i found the ground messed up, but as i do not know if that is due to adding to already started NR

or it was a missed spot. 

If it's the one I'm thinking of..
Outside the parking lot there is a tear in the terrain, that is a Bugthesda doing and can happen when painting the landscape. They originally just covered it with trash instead of fixing it.

The parking lot is where I stopped.
I did find that piece of trash that was perpetually falling and got it disabled.

If you find something, post a screen shot!

V1.0.1

Added a lot more lights & decorations.

Cut the elevator (Golden Globes) travel time in half. Was 8 seconds.

Added a shade tree auto mechanic. Sort of, he doesn't get a tree.

Spoiler

Fallout4Screenshot2024_01.12-17_41_13_75.png.729eb178a7a8ad1f8c8ca551f35658c9.png

Added about 16 more roaming Raiders.

Spoiler

Fallout4Screenshot2024_01.13-00_22_12_86.png.d965b7ceaf70bc32adcf7f4a52e3131e.png

Moved the stairs over to the Cappy Cafe side, cause you can walk up to the roof. No need to use the load doors.. you're welcome.

Spoiler

Fallout4Screenshot2024_01.13-00_23_12_34.png.0b521c80c00137f6817cfca64c9d7ff4.png

Changed the Apartment bathroom a bit.

Spoiler

Fallout4Screenshot2024_01.13-00_27_08_35.png.f735bf6da9c000ec79c54e89bbf4abbe.png

Cleaned up outside the gate, Galactic Zone side.

Changed the doors on the Moon of Steel.

Added a bathroom and some clutter to the privet room on the MoS So the current CWSS patch will kind of conflict at the moment.

Spruced up the Seven Bar's bar.

Spoiler

Fallout4Screenshot2024_01.13-02_41_02_06.png.8c1e44b705c4eb3f052bb643bc799bb9.png

Left a little something in each interior cell. IF you can find them, I'm sure you'll get a bang out of it.

More of the usual alignment & navmesh stuff.

I'd say Nuke Town is about 99% done. :)

Edit to add:

The 2 slaves, one by the main gate & one by Cola Cars now have a bigger areas to keep clean.

Edited by izzyknows

What I'm definitely going to change in the next version is the furniture in the back of the garden. Turns out there aren't scenes for AAF with that furniture. 😵‍💫

I'm going to put the same sofa and armchair as in the apartment. 

Spoiler

Photo26.png.4b7fb5554d6202fc2e54343c43fd8ccb.png

Edit: 

hohohoho. I went for the quick fix. Put in a sofa compatible with AAF, but disabled. 

Spoiler

image.png.01c589d916daea3e09fbff0e74396d7c.png

Edited by JB.
56 minutes ago, JB. said:

hohohoho. I went for the quick fix. Put in a sofa compatible with AAF, but disabled. 

That works too! :) I was really surprised how "disabled" items are still usable. Interesting I tell ya!

I learned something, well a lot of somethings..

But when I changed the exterior door to the theater, just alt scrolled till I got the right one like normal, it broke the precombines in the interior cell.
Dunno why, but it sure as shite broke the hell out of them. To the point I was falling after loading in.

Anyway, I'm so ready to rebuild the Nuka Town pre/vis I can taste it. Just a few more runs to nit pick any little stuff.. But even then it's hard for me to just say "good enough" and move on. LOL

Edited by izzyknows
1 hour ago, fred200 said:

I would really appreciate knowing what ENB you use with Nuka Ride.

I don't know anyone else as concerned with detail, and ENB is all about detail.

Believe it or not, I don't use a ENB. I do use Darker Nights on the max darkness.

BIG Update!

Precombine/vis have been generated for Nuka Town, 27ish cells. It needed to sooooo very badly! I now get 65 FPS to 90 FPS. :)

Anyway... the other stuff.

All the workbenches at Fizztop Grill, inside & out are now linked together. So if you want dump some supplies in any of them, they'll show up in all of them.

Added several, or maybe a bunch, of Alien Heads that was part of a deal the OB made so he could better monitor his domain.. and his Bitches. Can you find them all?

Here's the hardest one to find:

Spoiler

Fallout4Screenshot2024_01.16-20_37_36_20.png.7d5c76fe5d364367978e8468d67cca4a.png

Updated the Fizztop Grill interior.

Spoiler

Fallout4Screenshot2024_01.16-16_27_57_35.png.2342a5e9d7073dbcc5f6e56878daafdf.png

And worked through 4 pages of notes, that I wont bore ya'll with.

Side note:
IF you're running UFO4P you might see like 3 or 4 trash piles. They edited shite they shouldn't have. Otherwise, there is 0 trash inside the walls of Nuka Town.

Forgot,
The GG Theater was cleaned up and over 200 items were disabled. Big improvement in performance!

Edited by izzyknows

Today I finally tried it and it is so great that I refuse to test my mod without your patch 😍 Navmeshes are improved. I see how some characters in Nuka Town walk correctly towards the Seven Bar, instead of going all the way around Nuka Town.

I have some photos to send you privately at some point, to avoid conflicts with some new things at the bar and something else out there. Nothing big. 

Sophie sits quite well without needing to move anything.

Spoiler

Photo53.png.b3d459112ca13a77af3452e0d7cf66e3.png

Spoiler

Photo58.png.21bb2ed59a01c7ccfb51a9aa5670fc79.png

Edited by JB.
1 hour ago, JB. said:

Today I finally tried it and it is so great that I refuse to test my mod without your patch 😍 Navmeshes are improved. I see how some characters in Nuka Town walk correctly towards the Seven Bar, instead of going all the way around Nuka Town.

I have some photos to send you privately at some point, to avoid conflicts with some new things at the bar and something else out there. Nothing big. 

Sophie sits quite well without needing to move anything.

Thank You!! ❤️
Hearing that..err reading that, really lifted a weight off! :)

You have no idea how bad the vanilla navmesh was. Even testing it in the CK isn't totally accurate. I grabbed Piper & put her in handcuffs, makes them stick to you like glue, and just walked around noting sticking points.

3 times I stitched cells together and forgot to finalize in each cell. Looks fine in the CK, but is broke in game and a reload in CK shows why. 🤬

Glad Sophie is comfy! Even thought about having them dance on the curved ends. Now THAT would be some high heels training!

Yeah, I'll be happy to adjust anything to accommodate your creative shenanigans! ;)

Oh if you notice there's a collision plane in front of the desk with the food. That's partially to prevent the player from knocking the food/booze around. Problem is, there really needs to be a tiny bit more room. So I had to add a havok script to some items just to be safe.
The bars in Barbarous Continent I did the same thing, but there was a lot more room.

On 1/21/2024 at 12:44 AM, izzyknows said:

Oh if you notice there's a collision plane in front of the desk with the food. That's partially to prevent the player from knocking the food/booze around. Problem is, there really needs to be a tiny bit more room. So I had to add a havok script to some items just to be safe.
The bars in Barbarous Continent I did the same thing, but there was a lot more room.

That's a nice trick, i need to remember it. how does it work exactly ? you can't interact with the objects behind the collision plane or just can't take them out of it (like in an invisible box).

11 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

That's a nice trick, i need to remember it. how does it work exactly ? you can't interact with the objects behind the collision plane or just can't take them out of it (like in an invisible box).

It's a fine balance of distance, not to disturb items behind the plane or look odd in 3rd person. And height of the plane.

To high and the player can't interact (loot) with the items, maybe that's desired. To low they can hit stuff.

So it really depends on what you're trying to do.

If you look at the dresser in Shaun's room, prewar, you'll see a collision plane protecting the book & rattle on top of the dresser. Since it's prewar the PC collision is ever so slightly smaller, that's why the plane can be so close to the dresser.

Yeah I noticed something odd there and investigated. LOL