[SOLVED] Faster HDT-SMP for SSE 1.5.97 and SKSE64 2.0.20 - which version to install?

I am running downgraded SSE 1.5.97 with SKSE64 2.0.20 and have been using FSMP 1.18 previously. It is currently described as "legacy" version on its Nexus download page. However since I am now doing a complete reinstall of Skyrim, I was not able to find a clear answer in available documentation whether the latest 2.1.2 is still 1.5.97 compatible and whether it would be safe to switch or not.

If you know the technicalities behind it, please provide a simple "yes" or "no" answer, without unnecessary techno jargon to the following questions:

• If running SSE 1.5.97 and SKSE 2.0.20 is it safe to switch to FSMP 2.1.2?
  • If running SSE 1.5.97 and SKSE 2.0.20 should I not switch to FSMP 2.1.2 and continue using FSMP 1.18?

Thank you.

Edited by belegost
1 hour ago, Just Don't said:

The main file is an installer that auto-detects your game version and gives you the correct DLL.

So yes, the main file and latest version is compatible with 1.5.97 as long as the installer works as intended.

image.png.dc6231bb5054065a6e5dd6d82207350d.png

From this I assume the answers would be:

• yes
  • no
Edited by belegost

Yes, the latest version still supports 1.5.97.

I'm not sure why you'd want to keep using an old version. I don't see the point in doing that without trying newer versions first. From that you can compare performance or features/fixes applied between versions. And if needed you can go back to the version you were using. Staying on an old version for the sake of it, removes that option entirely.

2 hours ago, Just Don't said:

I don't see the point in doing that without trying newer versions first.

Vortex throws an error about being unable to install the new version for some reason. My guess is there is some issue with the FOMOD installer in the download, but that is a separate problem not related to what I was asking.

Thank you for providing the initial answer, that is all I wanted to know.

• belegost changed the title to [SOLVED] Faster HDT-SMP for SSE 1.5.97 and SKSE64 2.0.20 - which version to install?