Mod Expansion Idea: Traumatized by Rape/ Slavery

irzal

Hello everyone. First of all, I regret to say, that I am totally untalented when it comes to modding, so all I could add to this is dialogue writing/ testing.

However, when playing through the great Sexout mods, I felt something was missing, especially with the Rape Mod and the Sewer Slaves Mod (add other Slavery Mods, too, if compatible with Sexout).

I felt my player character goes through some very stressfull/ traumatizing experiences, but it doesn't get acknowledged at all in the game. So I was thinking whether it were possible to talk about it with companions and or friends in order to get over it, for example Doc Mitchell or other Doctors (like the one in New Vegas where you send that raped NCR sniper).

I am not sure whether it would be worth to make "Trauma" a separate condition/ illness that needs to be treated with medicine, just the option to have someone listening to you about what has happened.

In order to make this Mod compatible with all mods that use rape it is probably possible to tag the act of raping with a variable that triggers that particular speech option.

I don't know if this is possible or even desired, I just felt a bit taken out of it, since my character doesn't acknowledge the horrible things that happened to year in any way and just continues on.

There already is something like that. Jbezorg made a plugin for sexout and IMCNNV (its on page 2) that adds despondency if raped. After enough rapes a masochist perk becomes available:). I highly recommend it together with IMCNNV it makes surviving in the sewers difficult. You have to get food and drink and suffer from constant statspenalties from despndency.

I saw that mod, but I felt it only affected your stats.

I am missing the option to talk to people and I didn't get the impression it was there.

I already have trouble surviving as it is in the sewers. Where can I get Doctor's Bags. ;_;

Thanks for the reply though.

With so many things added i think it will be counter productive if to many thinks happen all at once. We have already STD's if this was gonna be part of that i don't think it will be to fun to play for long period of time. Because then you will be more worried about what could happend then rather playing this game.

If it just talking part, i don't see the harm in that, but if there is another type of std added.. no thanks.

I already have a hard time keeping my pc character from getting ill.

I think what the OP is trying to do is something along the line of the PC expressing her concerns and responding to what happened.

I thought about something similar to that in the past, but it seems like it will be a huge overhaul that might be too difficult to do.

Essentially we need to keep track of what the PC went through, then add on top how the PC responses to these events (or perhaps how the world reacts to the PC), which should realistically be cumulative.

Since the PC is New Vegas really doesn't have much of a character, it is difficult to express how the PC is affected by each event or incident. (This is a huge problem imo)

Now I imagine the OP's concept is something similar to the following...

Let say PC goes into combat and is combat rape by a ghoul, now the PC should be somewhat "traumatize", but there's no way to see that, you can add stats penalties, but that on its own is nothing more than a gameplay gimmick which lacks immersion.

So according to the OP's idea, the PC will then want to "talk" to people about what happen and the player will get insights into the PC's reaction to what happened. (with actual dialog!)

Now the tricky part is these events should be cumulative. If the PC is rape by a ghoul once, what would she say? What if it happens again? what would the PC say this time? What about other creatures like deathclaw and mutants. Now consider a mixture of other events like sewerslave, legiontryouts, pregnant, etc. As more events and incidents happens or as these incident number increases, there should technically be different dialog.

Now consider if the PC should have some kind of concern about fighting ghouls/mutants/deathclaw again if she was rape multiple times by these creatures in the past.

On the other hand what about the outcome of quests like sewerslave and tryouts should the PC develop some kind of "reputation" causing NPC to reacts differently and the PC might have unique response in these scenarios also?

With so many things added i think it will be counter productive if to many thinks happen all at once. We have already STD's if this was gonna be part of that i don't think it will be to fun to play for long period of time. Because then you will be more worried about what could happend then rather playing this game.

Nonono' date=' I don't mean anything like that. I don't want something that adds to the game mechanics. No additional illnesses, or STDs or something like that, especially since that is already more or less covered in the other Mod by jbezorg anyway.

If it just talking part, i don't see the harm in that, but if there is another type of std added.. no thanks.

No, I am just talking about a way to talk about what happened, no additional STD/Illnes/thing that affects stats.

I think what the OP is trying to do is something along the line of the PC expressing her concerns and responding to what happened.

I thought about something similar to that in the past' date=' but it seems like it will be a huge overhaul that might be too difficult to do.[/quote']

Exactly. What you described is what I actually had in mind. I admit it might be harder than first imagined, but still doable. Because you don't have to necessarily keep track about what *exactly* happened. A lot could be done via random dialogue to give the impression that you say different things.

e.g. If you get raped by somebody and you have companions following you (provided they could talk, or at least feel empathy), they could approach you afterwards and ask: "Are you alright? Is there something I can do? Sorry I couldn't help you." Something like that. That just requires one tag, namely that after the rape a variable is set that they approach you.

The player could then give different answers:

"I don't want to talk about it."

"It was horrible."

Of course the number of NPCs you could talk to can easily be expanded, but it is a start.

In the beginning, I think the Followers in the Mormon Fort, Doc Mitchell, and that psychiatrist in Vegas are a start.

Coming back to the ghoul rape example: Each time you get raped by them a variable would be set +1. The dialogue could change in intervals.

Like if you are once raped, you just say I was once raped.

2-10 "repeatedly"

10-100 "they seem to be following me"

Monsters could be subsumed in one dialogue line, so basically one needed options for:

-humans

-ghouls

-mutants

-the rest

For the SewerSlave thing/ or the Legion Tryout one needed of course completely different dialogue lines.

"I was enslaved by Dermot/ The Legion. It was horrible." Although the rape counter would probably still be there, but the variable for the whole quest could probably be stronger (if that is possible).

I agree that it's probably hard work to implement it with the (Brutal) Rapers Mod, cause a lot is pure chance - however I think it would be a start to talk about your horrible experience as a slave. It is better than nothing. :)

I have to say I really like this idea. It adds a bit of depth to the game, especially the whole rape issue.

There's definitely room for something to happen with (Betty is it?) the Ranger who got raped by CookCook. I liked this in the game because it went to show that even well armed, expertly trained and covered marksmen were vulnerable if caught off guard. I'd like to think that no matter how high level, armoured, well accompanied and armed you are, shit can still happen, as it did to her. It adds a lot more realism to the game.

What I am trying to tie in here is how we could possibly work on NPC reactions to rape. How would we explain and justify say ED-E, Cass, Veronica and even Boone just letting you/watching you get rapped? Something explainable by dialogue maybe? But what? How do they react afterwards? I add my own form of realism by simply travelling alone in the wasteland, but it would be good if we could find ways of involving the NPC's.

As for the trauma of rape, there are definitely doctors you would need to see, maybe even get those books on trauma that some vendors sell, go to bittersprings maybe, so much scope and potential.

Really like this idea.

The problem, as I see it, is that rape is so omnipresent in the (Sexout-ified) Mojave that needing counseling every time it happened would kinda detract from the "feel" of it all. You get raped in Goodsprings by some random villager, talk to Doc Mitchell and slowly recover your wits over a week, and then you walk out the door and some other random villager immediately rapes you. You know what I mean? Even with the stalkers settings in Rapers turned down as low as they'll go, you can still expect at least one rape a day, probably. More if you spend a good deal of time hanging around a lot of valid (per settings) NPCs.

That being said, I can imagine therapy and/or talks with friends about particularly traumatic rape scenarios - SewerSlave, Tryout's Legion slavery, possibly rape by things like cazadors, deathclaws, muties and such.. that might work I suppose.

I guess in my mind I just see the "normal" day-to-day rape as a sort of cost-of-business for women living and adventuring in the post-apocalyptic, near-lawless world of Fallout.

I guess in my mind I just see the "normal" day-to-day rape as a sort of cost-of-business for women living and adventuring in the post-apocalyptic' date=' near-lawless world of Fallout.

[/quote']

I turn off humans stalking humans, and set creatures stalking women to a low value. Random rape of that sort isn't immersive for me, considering it can trigger from any NPC at any time. Combat rape I set up to happen easily, though.

So the way I have my game setup, rape is frequent but its the kind of thing done to you by people who don't like you much.

I so pretty much the same as Loogie, I set frequency to 1 (which means only very rarely do I get stalked) and sometimes I turn it off altogether, I don't see why I would get stalked by civillians/allies/friends.

Enemies make a lot more sense.

Also, there doesn't *need* to be any negative aspects with not seeking help or talking to people about it, like detrimental effects or anything, it just adds depth to the game and the dialogue that that option is in fact there.

It could maybe become available after a number of rapes rather than just one encounter, or as has been suggested, for certain occasions such as sewerslave, slave of the legion and hopefully in the future fiends too.

I wholeheartedly agree with all your ideas and suggestions and also the possibility to initiate a talk after a few rapes for those who have turned stalkers on (although it would be nice, if future installments of brutal rapers could have an option that only NPCs that don't really care for you would rape you. This could either be achieved through your fame (it is halfway already there) and maybe also by only letting No-Name NPCs rape you in cases where you are actually liked.

Would anybody be willing to help me to get an expansion for SewerSlave going. I think it would be a profitable testing ground and a start. I already tried to look into GECK myself, but was overwhelmed by it. However I am sure with somebody's help, who has a bit more experience in this, it could be doable, because I believe that for a SewerSlave Expansion the scripting is rather moderate and includes a few variables max.

I wholeheartedly agree with all your ideas and suggestions and also the possibility to initiate a talk after a few rapes for those who have turned stalkers on (although it would be nice' date=' if future installments of brutal rapers could have an option that only NPCs that don't really care for you would rape you. This could either be achieved through your fame (it is halfway already there) and maybe also by only letting No-Name NPCs rape you in cases where you are actually liked.

Would anybody be willing to help me to get an expansion for SewerSlave going. I think it would be a profitable testing ground and a start. I already tried to look into GECK myself, but was overwhelmed by it. However I am sure with somebody's help, who has a bit more experience in this, it could be doable, because I believe that for a SewerSlave Expansion the scripting is rather moderate and includes a few variables max.

[/quote']

Bromm is working on something that will distinguish good/bad/neutral that could be useful here. I would be willing to help. I am totally new to GECK also, but I would love to expand SewerSlave and add a few thing here and there. As soon as I get my bearings right and read a few tutorials I will be able to assist you in this.

Archived