Books Mortify

View File

This is a small tweak for Beantown Book Club - Lewd Edition and/or Comic Collector - Lewd Edition which decreases SexAttributes self-esteem for each item you collect.

Previously, these books did not do much - you collected them, basically. Now they make your character feel self-conscious. You should feel free to make up a story about this, of course.

Requirements:

F4SE

SexAttributes

Beantown Book Club - Lewd Edition *

Comic Collector - Lewd Edition *

Suggested:

Sexual Harassment so your character's loss of self-esteem has game consequences.

* You do not actually have to install either collection of books. But this mod won't do anything if neither is installed, since you would not be able to pick up any books (/comic books) if neither was installed. 

Technically, this mod would also function if you had the original non-lewd (nexus) versions of either mod installed. If you wish to prevent that, you could rename that collection's plugin (or not install this mod, or go into creation kit and edit this mod, or ...).

This mod might misbehave if you convert either of the book mods to esp flagged esl. This would not be too difficult to fix but testing that it is fixed properly would require time which I have not spent. (Specifically, if you have another esp flagged esl mod which provides unique perk magazines, you might experience the same loss of self-esteem from picking up that perk magazine.)

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/16/2023
  • Category
  • Requires

• 1 month later...

Note:

Unless you want to play a character with no self esteem (which I did, when I created this mod), you should probably install a mod like the Comic Collector 10 - the optional download from https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18564

Also... the books really need some additional attention. I have not decided what I should do about them, though. (And creation kit has been acting up when I come back to try to update this mod.)

Edited by sen4mi
  • 3 weeks later...

I like the idea of this, but wish it worked with all the 'vanilla' books and mags too, including retroactively applying these, depending on what perks you've already earned for opening the vanilla books.  I use XXXMags and Hananahs Adult Magazines, which I think mostly just change all the vanilla mags to lewd variants.

If you want to extend the mod to cover these books and mags, you have my blessing.

But I would not bother with retroactive updates (because of how the underlying mechanics work - self esteem increases for example already get lost once you have reached 100 self esteem, and there's no good way of tracking that retroactively).