Fallout New Vegas Character Texture Mod

Molevalence

Hello Everyone. I seen a texture mod on the "Show me your character!" Forum and I thought it was marvelous. It put whatever I created prior to shame and I wanted to give a little back to the Lovers Lab community for helping me out so much. Here are a couple pictures of what potential characters you can make with this mod.

FalloutNewVegasFemaleMod.jpg

This one was posted on the "show me your character forum which inspired me to look for the mod. :)

FalloutNewVegasFemaleMod2.jpg

FalloutNewVegasFemaleMod3.jpg

Yes I know what you're all thinking. They look like elves. I know this but that won't stop me from making my character look this good. Style is important. There is no shame in looking good. ;) If the ears bother you just pick a hairstyle that hides them :P

I am no mod expert. I consider myself to have basic knowledge about this thing but as far as I can tell in order for the mod to work you need 2 primary parts. One is essentially the core mod itself while the other is the textures. I am not 100% on this but I do know for a fact you need both of these parts in order for this to work otherwise your game will crash as soon as you start it up.

The core part can be found here: 

The texture part can be found here: 

I do not take any ownership or credit for these mods. As stated above I searched for this for the Lovers Lab community since I seen a few people and myself ask about it in the past. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I will. :)

Guest carywinton

Sometimes Game Front can be difficult to download from, there can be several windows to deal with before you get to the actual file. I will post here some easier to use links for both Lings Vegas and Lings Coiffure. Sometimes the meshes and textures in Lings Coiffure are needed.

http://www.4shared.com/archive/fghsBmmn/Lings_Vegas.html

http://www.4shared.com/archive/ziHDiiFi/Lings_Coiffure_v4-4a_full_fomo.html

Great post Molevalence ! Thanks! Hopefully my links will be helpful.

Hello Everyone. I seen a texture mod on the "Show me your character!" Forum and I thought it was marvelous. It put whatever I created prior to shame and I wanted to give a little back to the Lovers Lab community for helping me out so much. Here are a couple pictures of what potential characters you can make with this mod.

This one was posted on the "show me your character forum which inspired me to look for the mod. :)

Yes I know what you're all thinking. They look like elves. I know this but that won't stop me from making my character look this good. Style is important. There is no shame in looking good. ;) If the ears bother you just pick a hairstyle that hides them :P

I am no mod expert. I consider myself to have basic knowledge about this thing but as far as I can tell in order for the mod to work you need 2 primary parts. One is essentially the core mod itself while the other is the textures. I am not 100% on this but I do know for a fact you need both of these parts in order for this to work otherwise your game will crash as soon as you start it up.

I do not take any ownership or credit for these mods. As stated above I searched for this for the Lovers Lab community since I seen a few people and myself ask about it in the past. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I will. :)

I haven't downloaded the files, so assuming those links are correct and that is the correct version of Lings you are good! 

But again, note that other cosmetic mods like Mikodo will not be compatible with Lings unless you merge them together using FNVEdit. 

Speaking of which! Does anyone have a merged esp of the two? 

Guest carywinton

I just had to do a similar merge in Fallout 3 and it was a whopping amount of work, my wrists still hurt from all the clicking and drag /drop operations. I am sure there had to be a better method than the manual one I did, probably involving copy as override into or some such.

I just had to do a similar merge in Fallout 3 and it was a whopping amount of work, my wrists still hurt from all the clicking and drag /drop operations. I am sure there had to be a better method than the manual one I did, probably involving copy as override into or some such.

Copying as override would mean that you would still need both esm present as one would be the master of another.

Copying each hair/eye as a new entry would be the most ideal way cause then you would have 1 esm for everything, but by doing so you would need to change the references for everything that is dependent on lings as well. 

Since I don't have Lings, can someone open the moonshadow elves esp and take out the dependency of lings? What does it actually need from lings? Meshes and textures or does it make reference to hairs in Lings? 

If it makes references, I would be more than happy to change them to vanilla hairs so that the moonshadowrace can be compatible to anyone regardless of the cosmetic mod choice that they have (i.e. mikodo or lings).

Then if someone wanted to add more hairstyles they could easily just do it in FNVEdit.  Hell I will even do it if its hair form Mikodo. 

EDIT: I downloaded Lings and had a look at the files. I will have to wait till I am home before I can unpack the bsa to see whats inside. 

• 3 months later...
Guest endgameaddiction

There is no other beauty than the Moonshadow Race.My only critic is the neck seam. Need a new Head mesh and body replacer that focuses on really getting that seam as less noticeable as possible. Most of all, need to have definition in the neck down to the clavical of the body so that it helps not detect it. Even with normals defying this area could help. Otherwise we'll have to wear necklaces, neckerchiefs, turtle neck armors or shirts to cover this area as it can be quite irritating. Not so much to me as I've delt with it for almost 10 years being in the mod scene seeing this. Honestly I would rather have hair work in the same transition as Skyrim's more than anything for Fallout, so that it doesn't clip through the body when you or NPCs turn their heads. Staple the portion that rests on the clavicle down to the breast. Even over the back area. Then again it will still clip if the hair is only tweaked to work with a certain body type. I've rambled off topic quite a distance.

It's very possible to achieve an attractive preset if you are willing to go in GECK and play around with the face in the FaceGen. It's been a long time since I've done anymore. And I've been wanting to do more presets for the Moonshadow Race. Perhaps expect a release preset in the future if I can motivate myself back to Fallout 3.

There is no other beauty than the Moonshadow Race.My only critic is the neck seam. Need a new Head mesh and body replacer that focuses on really getting that seam as less noticeable as possible. Most of all, need to have definition in the neck down to the clavical of the body so that it helps not detect it. Even with normals defying this area could help. Otherwise we'll have to wear necklaces, neckerchiefs, turtle neck armors or shirts to cover this area as it can be quite irritating. Not so much to me as I've delt with it for almost 10 years being in the mod scene seeing this. Honestly I would rather have hair work in the same transition as Skyrim's more than anything for Fallout, so that it doesn't clip through the body when you or NPCs turn their heads. Staple the portion that rests on the clavicle down to the breast. Even over the back area. Then again it will still clip if the hair is only tweaked to work with a certain body type. I've rambled off topic quite a distance.

It's very possible to achieve an attractive preset if you are willing to go in GECK and play around with the face in the FaceGen. It's been a long time since I've done anymore. And I've been wanting to do more presets for the Moonshadow Race. Perhaps expect a release preset in the future if I can motivate myself back to Fallout 3.

It's difficult to get a good looking face in-game character editor since the editor looks very different from actual appearance when you accept changes. I always have to go into GECK to change presets.

Guest endgameaddiction

Precisely. Doing the tweaks in GECK is much better because you can only go so far in game, which isn't enough. I managed to pull off a pretty good face doing it in game. The only downfall is having enough patience as morphing the face tends to move around other portions of the face. I hate that. I hope that FaceGen Modeller may change that in the near future so that the next GECK may have this feature implemented. Though, I'm not sure if a new GECK is always upgrading to a new version of FG Modeller. I think it does. I haven't looked on FGs page and history on release and companies that use their product in a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys know where to get this hairstyle?  Does it come with the Lings mod?  Or is this a Skyrim hairstyle ported to NV?  I love this hairstyle and use it in Skyrim (look at my sig, lol) and I want to have the same exact hairstyle in NV as well.

I have Lings Coiffure 2.0 currently installed, is this version posted here the same mod I have, just updated or another mod?  I appreciate any help.

• 4 months later...

Do you guys know where to get this hairstyle?  Does it come with the Lings mod?  Or is this a Skyrim hairstyle ported to NV?  I love this hairstyle and use it in Skyrim (look at my sig, lol) and I want to have the same exact hairstyle in NV as well.

I have Lings Coiffure 2.0 currently installed, is this version posted here the same mod I have, just updated or another mod?  I appreciate any help.

I believe the Ling's pack linked above is v4.2. Filesize is the same as the one on moddb.

Speaking of Ling's pack, a lot of the hairs in it seem to have problems and are of lower quality than the ones in Mikoto's pack. Is v4.4 buggy? Or has it always been like that?

Edit: I think I found the answer to my question.

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/891-wicked-moonshadow-race/

Author's comment:

I have no intentions supporting Lings as most of them had major clipping with the headmesh.

Since you've made a point you really like the Moonshadow Elves race in other threads, question for you (posts are turned off on the actual mod page, so I can't ask there).

Have you noticed a bug with the presets for that race? It's like it doesn't have an actual preset. If you select a vanilla race and then select the Moonshadow Elves race, it morphs it from previous selection. I did Caucasian --> Moonshadow, Hispanic --> Moonshadow, etc., and noticed it was different each time on the Moonshadow race.

When I open it up in GECK, it also looks like the preset is not setup correctly. The zPresetMSEF1 FaceGen NPC is tucked under a generic "Female" tree instead of its own race (see screnshot).

Have you noticed this issue?

post-204633-0-50766200-1404802289_thumb.png

Archived