[mod] Carnalitas Love Reimagined

Carnalitas Love Reimagined

A rework of the Carnalitas Make Love interaction and its related effects aiming at better realism and immersion, more variety, and improved player experience.

The latest version is compatible with CK3 1.12.x and Carnalitas 2.5 (and 2.4). If you are still on CK3 1.11.x, download version 0.3.3 instead, and use it with Carnalitas 2.2.

Note: Don't use Carnalitas 2.3 as it introduces incompatible changes that break most existing mods based on it. This has been fixed in Carnalitas 2.4.

Note: Some compatibility with CBO has been removed in this version due to uncertainty how CBO will adapt to the new Carnalitas version. Once a compatible version of CBO has been released, it will be reintroduced.

Overview

Carnalitas introduces a Make Love interaction that allows the player character to have sex with their lovers, spouses, concubines, or slaves. This feature is quite popular with players, and there are plenty of other mods that extend it or build upon it. However, it also has certain limitations that have never been addressed so far in any mod.

By default, Make Love uses the vanilla sex scene generator originally used for some of the Seduce and Romance scene events. While this generator is quite nice, it is only really appropriate if both partners are deeply in love with each other. This breaks the immersion when Make Love is used on partners different from lovers, e.g. a spouse that has a negative opinion of you, or a slave who deeply hates you, the master who enslaved them.

Originally, Carnalitas intended to support 3 different types of sex scenes: "consensual", "dubcon", and "noncon". Unfortunately, the logic to select the appropriate type never produces any other result but "consensual". Furthermore, there are actually no events in Carnalitas or other mods that would satisfy the "dubcon" or "noncon" condition.

Even the name Make Love itself may not be appropriate when demanding sex from a slave who is neither a lover nor an official consort. Historically such acts were often condemned by religion as adulterous or worse, and should have all sorts of consequences in the game, ranging from stress impact to piety loss and opinion loss with the victim. For this reason, the Carnalitas Slavery Expansion mod introduced the Demand Sex interaction, without addressing the above issues however, so that slaves, while losing 20 opinion, are still acting in the sex scene as if enamoured with the player.

This mod improves and expands the Make Love interaction in order to properly address these limitations. It does this by adding a new sex scene generator that generates animations, backgrounds, and texts appropriate to many different attitudes and their combinations in both "consensual" and "dubcon" situations. It also re-introduces the Demand Sex interaction with its negative consequences, fully integrated with the new generator, and makes a number of other changes to make Make Love more immersive and enjoyable.

Since I am not a good writer myself, I opted for not generating the sex scene text sentence by sentence as in the Paradox generator, except for a few introductory sentences that are intended to reveal the partners attitudes. The rest of the text is a quote from a work of literature that is randomly chosen from a large number of such quotes to correspond to these attitudes and other circumstances.

The other changes to Make Love (and Demand Sex) introduced by this mod include:

• You can only make love to someone who is currently at the same location as you (can be disabled via a game rule).
  • Both you and the target may lose (or gain) additional stress and piety depending on your traits and faith.
  • You can choose additional options in sex interactions to request "orgy" or "bdsm" sex scenes depending on your traits and other conditions.
  • The pregnancy chance is dynamic instead of hardcoded.
  • Important actions such as Can Make Love list all characters that can be targeted.
  • Carnalitas DT traits (Voluptuous, etc.) have attraction opinion.
  • Carnal Court Make Love and Carnal Court Demand Sex have conditions and effects consistent with Make Love and Demand Sex if CBO is installed.

Compatibility

This mod requires Carnalitas as a prerequisite (obviously). While it modifies the Make Love interaction and its related effects in a substantial way, it doesn't touch other Carnalitas features and should be compatible with all of them.

This mod also supports changing its game rules mid-game with the Gamerule Gadget mod.

Compatibility with Mods Based on Carnalitas

This mod should be compatible with all mods based on Carnalitas that don't modify the Make Love interaction. Enhancing it in a way that is supported by Carnalitas, e.g. adding additional sex scene events, is fully supported.

This mod has been explicitly designed to complement Carnalitas Slavery Reimagined, so you are encouraged to use them both. If you do this, put this mod after Carnalitas but before the CSR mod in the load order.

This mod has also been designed to be compatible with Character Body Overhaul. If CBO is installed, it adds Carnal Court Make Love and Carnal Court Demand Sex interactions that have conditions and effects consistent with Make Love and Demand Sex, but use CBO animations.

This mod conflicts with Carnalitas Slavery Expansion since both introduce Demand Sex interactions that are similar, but differ in important details so that making the one compatible with the other would be impossible. However, if you like both CSE and this mod and insist on using them both, you can still do this. The CSE Demand Sex interaction will be overridden by this mod's one, causing minor changes to it that can be adjusted via game rules. Other CSE features are not changed by this mod.

Localization

This mod is currently available in English, Chinese (translated by @Dark_Crow), and French (translated by @don-vip). For other languages, it uses the original English text as a placeholder.

Links

If you like this mod, you may also consider my other mods:

• Carnalitas Slavery Reimagined, a comprehensive rework of the Carnalitas slavery system.
  • Search & Trade Artifacts, search for artifacts, buy them from other characters, and sell them to other characters.
  • Travelers, characters always travel to their home when it changes instead of teleporting.
  • Active Courtiers, courtiers search for spouses themselves for less micromanagement, stronger AI, and immersion.

For detailed information on all features and changes, see the full README.

Does this require something other than Carnalitas 2.1? I'm getting a CTD on load.

EDIT: Nevermind. I downloaded Carnalitas again and now it is working. I probably changed something in the past that broke the mods.

Enjoying a lot so far.

Edited by Icypalm
4 hours ago, Tarigh said:

Is this custom mode animated or does it only show the image?

You could download it and find out ? The 2 partners appear naked and are animated using vanilla animations corresponding to their attitudes, e.g. they will wave hands happily and smile if "amorous", etc. They appear on a variety of backgrounds, and most importantly the introductory text of the sex scene and the selected quote actually correspond to their attitudes, which are themselves chosen based on their mutual opinion, attraction and other factors, hopefully creating a more believable and immersive experience.

If you are interested in actual sex animations, you could download CBO. I like this mod a lot and use it as well, especially for its changes to the body models. The sex animations are also good, but they are not that many, and they don't reflect opinions and attraction in any way. So my mod is trying to fill that gap, while not really competing with CBO and other similar mods, just aiming at more realism, variety, and flavor.

Hello author! Because I noticed that your module has not yet been translated into Chinese, I have been working on translation in the past few days and should be able to complete it in the next two weeks. If there is no translation in China yet, as I am still translating another module, I would like your authorization to move it to a game forum in China. I also hope to add my Chinese translation to your module in the future

On 9/19/2023 at 4:35 AM, Dark_Crow said:

Hello author! Because I noticed that your module has not yet been translated into Chinese, I have been working on translation in the past few days and should be able to complete it in the next two weeks. If there is no translation in China yet, as I am still translating another module, I would like your authorization to move it to a game forum in China. I also hope to add my Chinese translation to your module in the future

Thanks a lot for your efforts! Feel free to post to other forums, just please always add links to the original file and this forum here at Lovers Lab. Also be aware that I don't consider this mod "finished" and I am currently working on changes and enhancements, including adding more sex scene quotes, so much more to translate.

Since the sex scene quotes are mostly taken from classical works in English, they might be somewhat hard to translate. You could probably find existing translations for some of them, however they might be subjected to copyright, unlike the public domain originals.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started trying the mod. I've noticed the "make love" option is doubled when choosing our love interest with the right click. The other option "carnal_court_sex_interaction" is basically the same one as the original. No major bugs found for now. Edit: I'm not using CBO, might it be something connected to that mod?

Edited by AngerMan
7 hours ago, AngerMan said:

I've noticed the "make love" option is doubled when choosing our love interest with the right click. The other option "carnal_court_sex_interaction" is basically the same one as the original.

Interesting, yes, this is a CBO interaction that should be hidden if CBO is not being used, since then it requires a missing game rule. When I tested it I saw a message in error.log and no interaction at all. I am a bit surprised that it behaves differently on your side. Do you use any other mods, especially ones that do something strange with game rules?

3 hours ago, chumbofrabas said:

Great mod overall. I love everything it adds, but it taking away the option to make love to people in other locations makes it tough for me to want to use it. It would be nice if it was a game rule or something so I could decide whether I want to implement that in my game or not.

Thanks for your feedback! I personally love the realism this brings, but I can see why it could be annoying at times. I plan to add some game rules in the next version (mostly regarding sex scene generators), I guess I will add this one as well.

Edited by pharaox
59 minutes ago, pharaox said:

Interesting, yes, this is a CBO interaction that should be hidden if CBO is not being used, since then it requires a missing game rule. When I tested it I saw a message in error.log and no interaction at all. I am a bit surprised that it behaves differently on your side. Do you use any other mods, especially ones that do something strange with game rules?

Nah, I does nothing when clicked. Only says "no game effects will happen because you have used similar interaction in the past 12 months" before approving the interaction. (period I put in the carnalitas game rules) I presumed it does the same because the message made me believe it does.

• 2 weeks later...

"Pregnancy chance is dynamic instead of hardcoded"
Unlikely I know, I may as well still ask. Does this mean it would be possible for futanari to father children with this pregnancy framework change? Like if we used this framework to do lovemaking with a futa or as a futa?

Or is that less to do with pregnancy being hardcoded in vanilla and moreso an engine limitation of females not being able to register as fathers entirely?

2 hours ago, Anjimitosan said:

Wanna try this a lot but I'm getting a mod descriptor path error. Anyone knows why and how to fix it?

You used "extract here" not "extract on carnalitas blablabla" on the zip, right? just extract on the mod folder and should be good

2 hours ago, Anjimitosan said:

Wanna try this a lot but I'm getting a mod descriptor path error. Anyone knows why and how to fix it?

I've just downloaded and installed the mod (with Irony MM) and didn't have any issues.

All you have to do is drag one folder and one file out of the archive and drop them into your C:\Users\<your username here>\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod folder and then activate it with the Paradox Launcher or Irony MM.

On 10/23/2023 at 6:51 AM, wnachenb said:

Looks like a nice mod, but the CBO Carnal Court Make Love option disappears while using it

Hm, I am not really sure what may be causing this. Some comments on your load order, you may try disabling / reordering some of the mods to see if the issue still persists:

* I put CBO (and any patches) after Carnalitas but before CLR / CSR, although in general it shouldn't matter. If this fixes the issue, please let me know, I will update the README.
* CLR should be before CSR, see README.

* CSE is something I don't recommend, but I did a few basic tests to make sure that it works with both CSR and SLR (except for the few things mentioned in the README).

* I am not using the Carnalitas Dei / Mundi mods, I think they are only up to date with CK3 1.9, so I am not sure what impact this might have

On 10/23/2023 at 2:28 PM, CynicalUke said:

Unlikely I know, I may as well still ask. Does this mean it would be possible for futanari to father children with this pregnancy framework change? Like if we used this framework to do lovemaking with a futa or as a futa?

No. Pregnancy is subject to engine limitations, an adult female can get pregnant if having sex with an adult male and fertile, and that's it. The only thing CLR bring is that the chance itself is dynamic, not hardcoded as before.

On 10/23/2023 at 2:50 PM, Anjimitosan said:

What exactly error are you getting? I would also recommend looking up general mod troubleshooting tips, the issue may be due to a bug in the Paradox launcher.

7 hours ago, pharaox said:

Hm, I am not really sure what may be causing this. Some comments on your load order, you may try disabling / reordering some of the mods to see if the issue still persists:

* I put CBO (and any patches) after Carnalitas but before CLR / CSR, although in general it shouldn't matter. If this fixes the issue, please let me know, I will update the README.
* CLR should be before CSR, see README.

* CSE is something I don't recommend, but I did a few basic tests to make sure that it works with both CSR and SLR (except for the few things mentioned in the README).

* I am not using the Carnalitas Dei / Mundi mods, I think they are only up to date with CK3 1.9, so I am not sure what impact this might have

Nice, just as you suggested, moving the CBO mods after Carnalitas but before CLR/CSR solved the issue :) both Make Love and Carnal Court Make Love are showing correctly now. Thank you for the mod and for the fix tip ?

Edit:

After playing a while, I've noticed that Make Love and Carnal Court Make Love only works for Concubines :( This is probably an incompatibility with the Regula Magistri mod which I'm using (at the end of the load order), since even though I get both those options for Primary and Secondary wives, they are never valid, as in they are always greyed out, even if prereq matches.

Edited by wnachenb
On 10/26/2023 at 10:00 PM, wnachenb said:

After playing a while, I've noticed that Make Love and Carnal Court Make Love only works for Concubines :( This is probably an incompatibility with the Regula Magistri mod which I'm using (at the end of the load order), since even though I get both those options for Primary and Secondary wives, they are never valid, as in they are always greyed out, even if prereq matches.

There is something seriously wrong at your end if this is the case.

On 10/26/2023 at 10:00 PM, wnachenb said:

Nice, just as you suggested, moving the CBO mods after Carnalitas

This is exactly what is recommended on the mod description page for CBO.

On 10/26/2023 at 5:00 PM, wnachenb said:

Nice, just as you suggested, moving the CBO mods after Carnalitas but before CLR/CSR solved the issue :) both Make Love and Carnal Court Make Love are showing correctly now. Thank you for the mod and for the fix tip ?

Edit:

It is incompatible because your wives in RM are Paelex/Domina and holding titles, yes? That puts them in another court, their own court, and this mod limits your action range to only those in your court. Nothing wrong at all, just that the mechanics of the mods are at ends.