[mod] Carnalitas Love Reimagined

7 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Is the "include a second partner" from this mod? Despite having multiple wives and lovers I can never use it.

Yes, it's from this mod. It's only available if specific conditions are met, see the relevant README section. Basically, your character must be Lustful or Rakish, and your second partner must also be Lustful (if spouse) or not Chaste (if anything else).

9 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Does it only work for the primary spouse? My char is lustful and so is his concubine. Shouldn't there be a list of avaible partners?

And what happens if you click on the round button in the middle above? There you should see the list of eligible partners (there should be some since the tooltip says there are). If you select anyone different from Savras the "Include second partner" option will be enabled so you could have your group sex session 🙂

I apologize if the UI is a bit non-intuitive, but this is the best I could do with the custom interactions available in the game. It would be ideal if you could first select the checkbox and then be offered a list of eligible partners, but unfortunately it's not possible.

4 hours ago, pharaox said:

And what happens if you click on the round button in the middle above? There you should see the list of eligible partners (there should be some since the tooltip says there are). If you select anyone different from Savras the "Include second partner" option will be enabled so you could have your group sex session 🙂

I apologize if the UI is a bit non-intuitive, but this is the best I could do with the custom interactions available in the game. It would be ideal if you could first select the checkbox and then be offered a list of eligible partners, but unfortunately it's not possible.

That worked :) Can I get both pregnant in that event?

Just wondering, which file controls the possible recipients of the 'make love' interaction? Looking to change that to any adult, not just couples/lovers/concubines and the sort. Ty.

Edit: Oh, is there also a way to disable the body traits? They mess with my positive trait search/negative trait blocks to make superhumans since they also have positive/negative trait values so they flood the search results.

Edited by mcmanaman32
Forgot to add a question
On 1/16/2024 at 1:37 AM, mcmanaman32 said:

Just wondering, which file controls the possible recipients of the 'make love' interaction?

The code is in the carnx_sex_interaction_triggers.txt, in the 2 triggers carnx_relationship_allows_free_sex_trigger and carnx_relationship_allows_demand_sex_trigger.

On 1/16/2024 at 1:37 AM, mcmanaman32 said:

Oh, is there also a way to disable the body traits?

Yes, there is a Carnalitas game rule to disable them, just be aware that then you won't have them at all. They flood search results because they are "genetic" and would do so also without the changes by CLR.

Edited by pharaox
4 hours ago, pharaox said:

The code is in the carnx_sex_interaction_triggers.txt, in the 2 triggers carnx_relationship_allows_free_sex_trigger and carnx_relationship_allows_demand_sex_trigger.

Yes, there is a Carnalitas game rule to disable them, just be aware that then you won't have them at all. They flood search results because they are "genetic" and would do so also without the changes by CLR.

Alright, thank you very much.

• 4 weeks later...

I am happy to announce the first release of my new mod, Active Courtiers. It enables courtiers to actively search for spouses by themselves and only ask their liege for approval, thereby reducing the effort for the player, improving the quality of AI talent pools and therefore the overall AI competitiveness, and also contributing to better roleplaying and immersion. I spent a lot of time working on it in the last month before finally considering it to ready for a release. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

On 2/9/2024 at 6:32 PM, pharaox said:

I am happy to announce the first release of my new mod, Active Courtiers. It enables courtiers to actively search for spouses by themselves and only ask their liege for approval, thereby reducing the effort for the player, improving the quality of AI talent pools and therefore the overall AI competitiveness, and also contributing to better roleplaying and immersion. I spent a lot of time working on it in the last month before finally considering it to ready for a release. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Aren't they doing that already? After some time most of my courtiers are married.

On 2/11/2024 at 1:33 AM, xyzxyz said:

Aren't they doing that already? After some time most of my courtiers are married.

They are not, unless you are using other mods (LMF perhaps?). And certainly not if they are AI courtiers, and there are no other mods that add this. There are some events that result in courtier marriages, but they are relatively rare. Active Courtiers ensures they select the best available match, and usually it's a good choice for their liege as well.

On 2/11/2024 at 1:20 AM, xyzxyz said:

The make-love threesome option shows children in the list. Can you prevent that?

I can't reproduce this myself, and I wonder how it could happen. There is a very prominent "is_adult = yes" in the trigger than controls the inclusion in this list. Unless is_adult itself is overridden by another mod, or the adulthood ages in defines are changed to lower values ...

Can you reproduce this with only Carnalitas and CLR? Is it for both "Make Love" and "Demand Sex" or just one of them?

On 2/16/2024 at 11:26 AM, Durante said:

The hook rule is not working properly for me. I changed it to not use up hooks but it is still using them in lay with interactions by default, even when not ticking the box to use it.

I am sorry, I could not understand what exactly is not working. There are 2 hook rules: "Demand Sex from Hooked Characters" enables you to demand sex from characters if you have a hook on them, even if they are not slaves. This hook however IS consumed if you actually demand sex. The second rule is "Demand Sex Consumes Slave Hooks" and if set to "Disabled", slave hooks (and only slave hooks) are not consumed if you demand sex from a slave.

Also, neither "Make Love" nor "Demand Sex" enables you to use a hook explicitly (no need since both are accepted automatically).

1 hour ago, pharaox said:

I am sorry, I could not understand what exactly is not working. There are 2 hook rules: "Demand Sex from Hooked Characters" enables you to demand sex from characters if you have a hook on them, even if they are not slaves. This hook however IS consumed if you actually demand sex. The second rule is "Demand Sex Consumes Slave Hooks" and if set to "Disabled", slave hooks (and only slave hooks) are not consumed if you demand sex from a slave.

Also, neither "Make Love" nor "Demand Sex" enables you to use a hook explicitly (no need since both are accepted automatically).

What I mean is the second rule "sex consumes slave hooks" is getting applied automatically to ALL characters even non-slaves. It consumes weak and strong hooks alike. I figured changing the rule would help but nothing changed. I am using the mod "lay with your realm" a nifty mod that lets player ruler sleep with courtiers based on calculated chance on various factors.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2876611303&searchtext=lay+with

Edited by Durante
18 hours ago, Durante said:

I am using the mod "lay with your realm" a nifty mod that lets player ruler sleep with courtiers based on calculated chance on various factors.

Yes, because this is how this mod is coded, it consumes hooks if they exist irrespective of whether you actually clicked on the checkbox or not (I just checked). This is in no way caused by CLR game rules, they apply only to CLR interactions, and to nothing else. You could report this in the mod page on Steam, I think it's a bug and easily fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

for some characters i have option make love only (so no sex animation) and for some both make love and make love carnal court

mods: carnalitas, CBO and this one

what i did wrong?

On 3/5/2024 at 7:01 PM, armox13 said:

for some characters i have option make love only (so no sex animation) and for some both make love and make love carnal court

mods: carnalitas, CBO and this one

what i did wrong?

Which CK3 version are you using? Paradox released a new version on Monday (1.12.x) and neither of the mods (Carnalitas, CBO, and CLR) is adapted to it, I will update CLR after Carnalitas has been updated (hopefully in the new few days). Can you still reproduce the issues on CK3 1.11.x?

The current CLR version is not compatible with Carnalitas 2.3 since it introduces incompatible changes that break most existing mods based on it. Don't use other Carnalitas mods with this version unless their authors have updated them. If you are unhappy about this, you may consider complaining in the Carnalitas support thread or the Carnalitas Discord server.

Since this broken backward compatibility would require extensive changes to CLR and many other mods, I decided to help with making Carnalitas backward-compatible again, since this seems to be the right thing to do in this situation. I opened a PR to Carnalitas for Cheri and other contributors to review. So far I don't plan to release a compatible CLR version until these backward compatibility changes are merged and released. Thanks for you patience!

I just released new version 0.4.0, for CK3 1.12.x and Carnalitas 2.4, see file. My PR from yesterday was merged and released, Carnalitas 2.4 is now backward compatible again, and so the new CLR version is based on it with some minimal adaptations.

Note that in this version CBO sex scenes will not fire correctly for characters without a Royal Court. I removed this due to uncertainty how CBO will adapt to the new Carnalitas changes since this code was somewhat harder to adapt to Carnalitas 2.4 and impossible to test since a compatible version of CBO does not exist yet. Once CBO is adapted, I will reintroduce it back.

On 3/11/2024 at 5:42 PM, pharaox said:

Note that in this version CBO sex scenes will not fire correctly for characters without a Royal Court.

How royal does this court need to be?

I did some testing with the 1066 start as duchess Matilda of Tuscany and the scenes didn't fire iregardless of my load order.

Edit: Did some more testing as Charles the Bald disabling all other mods except Carnalitas, CBO, it's current patch and this mod and the animations still don't fire no matter if I put love reimagined before or after CBO.

Edit2: I am using Carnalitas 2.5 though so maybe that might be the issue?

Edited by Zod