Show your current starship ( just interested in layouts)

40 minutes ago, Mexicola88 said:

@Wandering_ManiaThanks i just searched the internet and the best reactor is "SF40 Sheard Flow Reactor", I will try to get that now. 6 more energy will be a good improvement. I hope i can buy it already i just reached level 50.

Edit: I just tried to buy it, but it seems i can't yet. After searching some more, i found out you need to be level 60 to buy it.

I stumbled on that reddit post: 

I'm level 43 and I've been able to aquire parts that I can't buy by purchasing ships that have them installed already. Then it's a matter of modifying it to your taste.

42 minutes ago, IBAGadget said:

I'm level 43 and I've been able to aquire parts that I can't buy by purchasing ships that have them installed already. Then it's a matter of modifying it to your taste.

I don't want another ship, i am happy with my Kepler R i just need a better reactor. But it's only 10 levels left so i will have that reactor soon.

12 hours ago, Wandering_Mania said:

That loos a lot like a 'Star Trek Defiant Class' ship.

Yeah, it's kinda weird, but whenever i try to build something cool by using the Nova Bridge (for the stairs inside), i end up with something star trek like. Like the one below and the one above. Might just be because of the shape and dimensions of the bridge and my desire to keep the weight low if possible, since cargo already increases weight a lot. And the star trek like designs, especially the compact one, are basically free of unneccessary weight.

20230915230541_1.jpg

I modified the Star Eagle to my liking, added 2 more of the same engines, replaced grav, replaced reactor, replaced all weapons, replaced fuel tanks, replaced shield. I only need like 2 or 3 seconds to kill everything. I really love this ship now. It still has 150 topspeed but only like 87 mobility left, but it still handles perfectly.

ogG13Xb.jpg

wtWfaLB.jpg

I have rebuilt a few by now.

Followed a guide for these two and both of them I changed up a bit.

UNSC Frigate,

UNSC Frigate.png

I ended up putting in another 3x2 Hab and raised up my Turrets a bit so these would fire more often.  Also replaced some static structure blocks with 2x1 living habs.  Adjusted the length of the maw, so I could fit an extra hab block on both the top and bottom decks along the length.  Changed out the Cockpit, there are three versions of Eklund Struass cockpits the original called for one I did not have available at the time because low level, so I ended up getting the one without the ladder inside it.  Changed the exterior look quite a bit without the Navy ship profile but its nice not having crew members sitting right behind me thinking now is a good time to whisper their needs into my ear while driving.

Falcon,

Falcon.png

I ended up making my own version but based it off of this one here.  My Falcon is quite a bit longer and wider, ended up being a maze inside.  I wanted to fit every major station inside and did manage that though my UNSC Frigate ended up being a better build with long hallways and only a few ladders.

Main reason I ended up building this one was because the "Ship Commander" trait will only skill up with ships you have been "gifted".  ><

I might through out the whole falcon and rebuild it as another Frigate since I like that one so much.

So last night built a whole new UNSC Frigate using the Freestar collective ship reward because in order to get Ship Commander skill maxed out gotta understand it's bugged it does not like formerly sten or purchased ships ><.

While doing my rebuild I ended up figuring out that habs entry/exit points are not random but these are also not well explained there is no real indicator that I can see so I know where the door or ladder will go.

So I end up entering my ship right away to see if I like the interior.  Found that stuffs captain quarters cannot connect end to end, struad hab parts generally are hard to work with often requiring use of ladders to navigate a ship built with them.  Ship builder will often say cannot reach docker/landing gear/cockpit error it's annoying when at a specific vender.

Some manufacturers are easier to work with than others for habs.

Edited by Gameplayer

I call it the Space Moth, I think it's a decent blend of looks and functionality, it has two levels of living space, for passengers or crew, a Deimos work shop on the starboard side (because it includes a research station) and a captain's quarters on the port side (Hope Tech because I like the way the interior looks, and it has a navigation console), and an easy access loading bay on the side. It has a top speed of 140 (without perks), a mobility of 92, and a 27LY jump range, and a cargo capacity north of 1,600 (this is without perks to increase those things, mind you). I won't comment on the weapons because really, anyone could copy and modify this design as they see fit. It actually turns pretty well in space as well, which is good for dog fights. Some consideration was given with certain parts, like the landing gear and cargo in order to conserve weight as much as possible, though if I cared a little less about appearance I'm sure I could shave even more weight off.

Now if I could get my computer to stop melting and going black screen for several seconds a piece any time I go into a menu in New Atlantis... yes, I am using DLSS mods, which are hit or miss, for the most part the game runs smooth, but then there are times when stuff just doesn't load in completely at all, and defeats the purpose, but I digress.

Don't mind the smudges on the windshield, those are just left over from some birds I've hit during several launches, I need to remember to get some wiper fluid for that (a bit of dark humor for you).

Starfield2023-10-0119-48-29.thumb.png.ba40a042df41e97497ea053ecfa9b1dd.png

Starfield2023-10-0119-50-14.thumb.png.40d138583fe6308d1e9b90feb9a48dff.png

Starfield2023-10-0119-49-06.thumb.png.309054250641c85aacd06d5820266852.png

Starfield2023-10-0119-51-09.thumb.png.96eb691134eddff2f7eecab87ece4c02.png

Cargo

Starfield2023-10-0119-50-57.thumb.png.2132b0285e017e475f75a34b51da762d.png

Landing gear

Starfield2023-10-0119-51-53.thumb.png.1dc5ce856b4beec98b30ea1a130f177f.png

Starfield2023-10-0119-52-23.thumb.png.a60fbb5113bf7638da90fc75bb08d519.png

Port

Starfield2023-10-0119-53-16.thumb.png.1c2cb9b97f57b1ad65995885104b4d31.png

Starboard

Starfield2023-10-0119-53-54.thumb.png.07a0193cd969216cb2f1891e2cd298fd.png

Fore

Starfield2023-10-0119-54-28.thumb.png.a0e05097a8d47b57d0f9ffa0d7fe8f4e.png

Ass.. I mean Aft

Starfield2023-10-0119-53-28.thumb.png.aaecb1de6b77d2b8e7e5775c725aa2e1.png

Edited by Z0mBieP00Nani

This is The Discontinuity - that point in space and time where normal rules fail to apply and anything could happen. I had wanted to call her The Scientific Method, a sure fire way to break down any obstacle into easily solvable pieces, but the builder won't take names as long as that.

20231003234531_1.jpg

This is my first C class ship, not counting the Kepler R which I only had briefly before zapping off to Masada. It's not that much in way of design - a captured Spacer Hyena II with souped-up weaponry and a black-and-red paint job, but I think she might do for now. Assuming I can ever find my way around the interior.

20231003234541_1.jpg

Later I'm going to build one from scratch. I have some ideas for layout that should make things much easier to navigate.

... damn. Just noticed that's an auto-fire particle beam I added. I'll have to replace that at some point. Maybe not before I giver her a shakedown cruise though :)

Edited by DocClox

I simply modified the hell out of the Frontier for this ship which got me through my first game(can't show much more than this pic of it) It did get some to the reactors and grav drives later on but the look stayed the same. Dunno what to call it but the habs from right to left sections, workshop and science habs, between those is a companionway, in the mid-center a engineer bay, mid top two, armory and captains quarters, left sections were living quarters and an all purpose berth. The design uses only deimos ship parts, can't remember the engines but over lvl60 needed for those. All critical components are class C.

image.thumb.png.bf394f1afbae402a4e58993537f0afb2.png

And below is just an upgraded Razorleaf with most components now using class B, the engines are SA-4330 so still class A, I wanted to keep it's speed as high as possible especially considering it's lore, I added extra cargo containers and added 2 fuel pods to the sides, it's so far the only ship I made where you can max all systems so long as you have at least one skill in aneutronic fusion, but even then you can just sacrifice a power point from the grav drive to max out everything else. I can't think of anything to add to the engines that isn't ginormous to give it a believable take on atmospheric flight but I'll pry visit a few drydocks to see what I can muster.

image.png.63ce82c41db1ebaef2a6943731b69baf.pngimage.png.667ed80ad6f361e368fbac061d03de1a.png

This frog-like apparition is my current WIP, with the temporary name of Thesis as befits my guy's academic background. It's my first true from-scratch build.

20231010220022_1.jpg

Lot of work needs doing, mainly because I ran out of creds. But I got it to the point where the layout works and it's space-worthy

20231010220015_1.jpg

Design objectives here are

1. Easy to navigate. The central cabin is an all in one crew area with the cockpit at the end. The port hab is an infirmary, the starboard one the captain's cabin. The only connectivity is through three habs at the rear. There are no dead ends and it's easy to remember where everything is.
  2. Minimal. I don't want to throw habs on top of habs just to look cool, and I don't want anything that doesn't serve a useful function. We're not there yet - the captain's cabin and the AIO crew module duplicate a bed and stove. When I get a chance I'll replace one with a workshop hab.
  3. Accessibility. It's easy to see where everything is on this design, and easy to pull it apart and swap habs in and out. Everything on the Frontier is so jammed together I can never work out what is where. This should be a lot easier to modify.

20231010215957_1.jpg

Here she is on Gagarin landing pad where I did the basic design work.

Photo_2023-10-10-215840.png

She's a little ungainly looking. I kind of like that.

Thesis, Mark II. Still not finished, but at least has a full compliment of weapons.

20231011221224_1.jpg

I replaced the trree-hab ladder structure with HopeTech hab cross braces. That puts everything down on one level and makes it easier to get about.  There were too many doors in the old layout.

I also traded in the captain's cabin for a Stroud Eklund workshop. I now have all the crafting stations I could want., at the expense of having to hot bunk with the crew in the all-in-one module's bed. I may look at some sort of end cap for the side habs, if only to try and make them look at little more uniform.

20231011222227_1.jpg

It's lost the hunched up froglike air, which I find a little sad. Still, it's a far better layout.

Now it just needs upgrading to class C systems throughout. I've got the layout I wanted, but I skimped on parts in the prototype stage. Now I'm happy with the design it's time to make her combat capable. She survived a couple of engagements handily, but then the Bounty Hunters turned up mob handed and I had to jump on out of there.

It's back to the Discontinuity for the time being, I think.

6 hours ago, nIn nIn nIn said:

Try some of the braking engine attachments. There are a few variants of those.

I'll have a look. I'm just a little wary of anything that extends those habs even further forward. The ship already looks as if a high gee maneuver would snap it at those crosswalks.

What I'd really like to do is stick a structural brace between the side habs and the main one. Wasted mass, but it would make the ship look so much more convincing. But the builder isn't having it and I only get the option of  weapon plates and portholes.

There's a lot I still don't understand about this toolbox.

[edit]

The other thing, I suppose is to use a Stroud Eklund infirmary hab for the starboard module. Wouldn't help brace the modules, but at least both sides would have a degree of symmetry.

Edited by DocClox