Show your current starship ( just interested in layouts)

2 hours ago, Sir Bron said:

How are you able to build up these nice ships, I mean how did you get your ship building skills maxed out enough to achieve these beautiful ships?!

focus the leveling up on the tech side of things. I spend a lot of time just wandering the spaceways, building up money, finding contraband to sell, then playing around in shipbuilder. Leveling up the Ship Design perk requires installing unique parts on your ships, but it doesn't say you can't install the same part on multiple ships.

Unlock a unique hab module from Hopetech?

Stick one in each of your ships - each install counts towards the challenge progress.

7 hours ago, Wandering_Mania said:

Here's my Starborn's ship, called the 'Scythe', named after, and inspired by, the Planetside Vanu Sovereignty Scythe. New overall design, same "OP" kinda stats as the Sphinx:

Reveal hidden contents

20230919045017_1.jpg.56e4b3e1734fd8794e4088713465f726.jpg20230919045028_1.jpg.9da2b4858c7bf376ff082e8cebb81e4d.jpg20230919045040_1.jpg.6df9c720769080bfeeb7d0531f63a760.jpg20230919045047_1.jpg.474757f3d4764768538af79016d8829e.jpg20230919045053_1.jpg.268d224dd5d548c469c71d94f1ae7e06.jpg20230919045107_1.jpg.c02bfcf9113fb68bda7e63a67e583afd.jpg

How did you manage to get 38 Power?

biggest output I've found so far is the Fusor D402 at 34 output.

1 hour ago, Wandering_Mania said:

If you mean the 'in game skills'; It's just all about focusing your skill points.

If you mean 'actual design skills' so the ships don't look like ' flying shipping containers'; I don't really know. Call it a 'natural talent', call it my ability to 'quickly grasp onto what can be done'; Call it what ever you want, but I really don't know how to describe it.

Both actually, I just was at my Ship Builder at my outpost for an hour and a half and every time I got close to what I wanted I was either too tall, too long or my landing gear wasn't right, or the cockpit was not accessible, or, or.....Aaargghhh.

Frustrating, and although I saw a vid saying all parts are available at your outpost's shipbuilder they are not at mine.

My compliments on your ship designs, Cool, Very very Cool!  :cool:

How I feel at the shipbuilder...Aargh GIF - The Simpsons Lisa Argh GIFs

Edited by Sir Bron

I forgot to say to all...Who else feels like the Shipbuilder controls are backwards.

From Skyrim, & F4, I want to follow the natural way I have used my controller in those games and it just doesn't work in this Build mode.

My hands say go this way but it is exactly opposite of the way I should go....Hard for this "Old Guy"!

1 hour ago, IBAGadget said:

How did you manage to get 38 Power?

biggest output I've found so far is the Fusor D402 at 34 output.

All equipment is unlocked by level 60, and my character is level 51. So I almost am at the point of having the best ship equipment available. I also have the T4 science skill that gives 5 extra power from all reactors, but I'm not sure if that's counted in that overview.

23 minutes ago, Sir Bron said:

Frustrating, and although I saw a vid saying all parts are available at your outpost's shipbuilder they are not at mine.

Yeah, I have yet to even build one outpost. So I wouldn't know about any of that. I just fly around grabbing parts from all the shipyards and towns; And any gaps of parts that I don't want to keep, or don't really fit the overall design I want, I place something similar, then leave it unpainted and get the right part at the corresponding location.

But I still consider my 'crowning achievement' in overall builds being from Empyrion, when I built the 'Warhammer 40k Necron Doomsday Ark'; And that was built purely from basic blocks.

Each manufacturer has some unique items that are only available at specific locations:

Stroud-Eklund: Only from the S-E office in the main concourse, city of Neon

Taiyo: Only at the main Taiyo Astroneering office in Neon

Deimos: Deimos Shipyard, orbiting Mars

Hopetech: Hopetech Headquarters, Hopetown (inside the building, not from Ship services)

Nova Galactic: Ship Services Vendor, New Homestead, Titan

Some specific items:

EM Shielding: Jasmine Durand, The Key (only available while you are in the Crimson Fleet faction and while they are still in control of The Key, so be careful)

Scan Jammer: Jasmine Durand, The Key or from Ship Services at the Red Mile

18 minutes ago, IBAGadget said:

Each manufacturer has some unique items that are only available at specific locations:

Stroud-Eklund: Only from the S-E office in the main concourse, city of Neon

Taiyo: Only at the main Taiyo Astroneering office in Neon

Deimos: Deimos Shipyard, orbiting Mars

Hopetech: Hopetech Headquarters, Hopetown (inside the building, not from Ship services)

Nova Galactic: Ship Services Vendor, New Homestead, Titan

Some specific items:

EM Shielding: Jasmine Durand, The Key (only available while you are in the Crimson Fleet faction and while they are still in control of The Key, so be careful)

Scan Jammer: Jasmine Durand, The Key or from Ship Services at the Red Mile

I watched a vid and wrote down all shipbuilding locations, visited all, but your saying I need to buy specific items? I will try to re-visit them.

Is there a way to tell what is not generic parts from one's that are? And thanks for the specific list although I just finished off the Crimson Fleet for the UC yesterday.

Just my luck....:confounded:

30 minutes ago, Sir Bron said:

I watched a vid and wrote down all shipbuilding locations, visited all, but your saying I need to buy specific items? I will try to re-visit them.

Is there a way to tell what is not generic parts from one's that are? And thanks for the specific list although I just finished off the Crimson Fleet for the UC yesterday.

It's tough, but you'll see items at the locations that don't show up anywhere else - Nova Galactic 3x3 module, for example, or the Hopetech Cabot bridge, which is the only one I've found that has two levels (it's what is on my Dragonfire ship in my earlier post)

As far as needing to buy specific items, if you look at the Ship Design perk, you'll see that to rank up to level 3 or 4, you need to install a certain number of 'unique' parts on your ships.  These are the parts that are only available from specific locations.

37 minutes ago, Sir Bron said:

although I just finished off the Crimson Fleet for the UC yesterday.

When you finish the main quest and 'make the final jump'; You can get it again after everything resets. Probably better anyway, as the '1600 cap shield' is plenty "OP" anyway, as it can't even be dropped by 99% of enemies.

I mean, the only time I had it dropped on me, is when I did a headlong assault on 'The Key', just for the fun of it.

11 minutes ago, Wandering_Mania said:

When you finish the main quest and 'make the final jump'; You can get it again after everything resets. Probably better anyway, as the '1600 cap shield' is plenty "OP" anyway, as it can't even be dropped by 99% of enemies.

I mean, the only time I had it dropped on me, is when I did a headlong assault on 'The Key', just for the fun of it.

I don't like copying other peoples work, but if I could build a ship similar to this one well that would Rock, Really love the way it looks!!! Well Done.

20230918020021_1.jpg.45cffd4289c8e4079cd695a1bf800389.jpg

1 hour ago, Sir Bron said:

I don't like copying other peoples work, but if I could build a ship similar to this one well that would Rock, Really love the way it looks!!! Well Done.

Yeah, it's just too bad you lose all your stuff after making 'the final jump' into NG+. There really needs to be a mod made that removes that.

If you have ship slots available, you keep your ship.

All weapons, cargo, and other items, held.

All earned/held credits, kept.

And so on.

Because it's really dumb when you go through a looter game like this, get a bunch of good stuff, have a good ship build (that you can't even save the design of), then lose it all when you enter into NG+. I mean it really makes no sense 'story wise'.

Major story spoiler, don't click if you don't wanna know.

Spoiler

You enter 'the unity' with your ship, it's cargo, and anything your carrying; How does it strip you of everything? Wouldn't you enter the next universe with that ship, that cargo, and that stuff? Hell, the freebie 'Guardian' ship has no workbenches at all, just a lot of empty space. And the 1 piece Starborn spacesuit can't even be modded. Talk about giving you crap, after robbing you of all your stuff. A.K.A. 'Insult to injury'

Not a single ladder. 5 2*1 modules on top, 1 in the middle at the bottom connected to the ramp.

Base was the ship from the Overdesigned mission, but i shrinked it down a little bit.

Had a lot of components i couldn't buy myself at that time because of missing skill.

image.png.c2af6992e87113ed23540e6b9c48bef3.png

I really hate a ramp at the back forcing me to run around the ship, always tried for easy access.

For most ships i used a ramp right below the cockpit, but i really like the view form the big nova cockpits. This is an older version, around lvl 5, also without ladders, 4 2*1 modules on top.

image.png.d6478ce3e2848a520328cc859c6acb06.png

If you think looks big for lvl 5, mission terminal, a destroy pirate mission, saw class B, took out the engines thanks to targeting skill, had a nice new ship and moved the modules around a little bit.

Edited by Snoopy911
3 hours ago, Wandering_Mania said:

Started testing my ships with a visit to the key, but switched to Jemison later. Just shoot at something and the fun starts and you might want to do a manual save before you start :). Last time i think it was nearly 20 loot boxes only looking out of the cockpit.

Edited by Snoopy911

Yeah, it's just too bad you lose all your stuff after making 'the final jump' into NG+. There really needs to be a mod made that removes that.

If you have ship slots available, you keep your ship.

All weapons, cargo, and other items, held.

All earned/held credits, kept.

And so on.

Because it's really dumb when you go through a looter game like this, get a bunch of good stuff, have a good ship build (that you can't even save the design of), then lose it all when you enter into NG+. I mean it really makes no sense 'story wise'.

Major story spoiler, don't click if you don't wanna know.

Hide contents

You enter 'the unity' with your ship, it's cargo, and anything your carrying; How does it strip you of everything? Wouldn't you enter the next universe with that ship, that cargo, and that stuff? Hell, the freebie 'Guardian' ship has no workbenches at all, just a lot of empty space. And the 1 piece Starborn spacesuit can't even be modded. Talk about giving you crap, after robbing you of all your stuff. A.K.A. 'Insult to injury'

Watch this vid on how to upgrade the Starborn ship and Spacesuit. And to top it off, no weapon when you start New Game +

Edited by Sir Bron
5 hours ago, Sir Bron said:

And to top it off, no weapon when you start New Game +

Hell, I was lucky to find an AK ('Old Earth Assault Rifle') for sale in Centurion Arms right off the bat when I started NG+ with my current character. But for the longest time, there was a major adhesive shortage; I mean no one sold it. So some mods where not craftable. But yeah, NG+ needs some heavy 'modding work' done to it.

Hell, I was lucky to find an AK ('Old Earth Assault Rifle') for sale in Centurion Arms right off the bat when I started NG+ with my current character. But for the longest time, there was a major adhesive shortage; I mean no one sold it. So some mods where not craftable. But yeah, NG+ needs some heavy 'modding work' done to it.

Had the same issue when starting research. Noone sold it and since i don't like to scan stuff on planets i only found out much much later about stuff like the sweetwater cactus on gagarin, yes right in alpha centauri where you start most of your adventures.

2 hours ago, Snoopy911 said:

Had the same issue when starting research. Noone sold it and since i don't like to scan stuff on planets i only found out much much later about stuff like the sweetwater cactus on gagarin, yes right in alpha centauri where you start most of your adventures.

The real stupid thing is that even if you have the 'Special Projects' skill leveled up; You still can't craft adhesive, making it even worse.

Anyway this is getting a bit off topic. So let's move on.

Edit:

Here we go, the final, final, finishing touches of my VS scythe:

Spoiler

20230920025413_1.jpg.0cb1e954fe1d4aa67950c12138ba8566.jpg20230920025428_1.jpg.3f9b243ac57c1dd8805c2253aafaf9b8.jpg20230920025433_1.jpg.497d24545fe3a1a3835e766219993414.jpg20230920025442_1.jpg.2979f181b031f27d92947bb70d53ada1.jpg20230920025447_1.jpg.9bb02b8e940940cf27cac152d9040153.jpg20230920025451_1.jpg.bd6874a264b820aad46d92d16c8207c2.jpg20230920025516_1.jpg.9d9d5b183e03a25a9032f108cb7141f4.jpg20230920025524_1.jpg.be4741ff907e77b2c22a6f4be0171f70.jpg20230920025516_1.jpg.9d9d5b183e03a25a9032f108cb7141f4.jpg20230920025536_1.jpg.868dde017c51e55e8ccbf47a4bf7ca95.jpg20230920025553_1.jpg.4d6d6aa266f7f20f49cc8d45ee4edecb.jpg

20230920025628_1.jpg.e959f8ce27e264d7a7e00743df1035cc.jpg

For comparison:

VSScythe.jpg.8db0333c70b34a24414c8b730036fe06.jpg

Edited by Wandering_Mania
11 hours ago, Sir Bron said:

And to top it off, no weapon when you start New Game +

Honestly, that's the most incredible part of NG+ right now.  I couldn't believe it when I got into a battle and had no weapons at all.  Not even a cutter, and nowhere near enough money to buy a decent weapon.  After reloading the game, I dropped off by the opening sequence mining site and got to pick between the original 4 damage peashooter, or the 6 damage cutter.  It's not exactly easy fighting higher level enemies with a cutter, but it was better than the peashooter.

As for ship designs, I wanted to design one, but the controls are much too aggressive about snapping, especially when there's multiple adjacent attachment points, so I ended up giving up on that.  I know that people have discovered a bunch of ini tweaks to make this easier now, but bad first impression and all that.  Honestly, I don't even know why you have to drag things around anyway. Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't seem like you can arbitrarily place or rotate modules on your finished ship, so why not just let me point to the attachment point that I want the thing to attach to?

Lots of respect for those who continue to build despite the UI.

1 hour ago, pashax said:

Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't seem like you can arbitrarily place or rotate modules on your finished ship

As far as I have seen, you can't rotate anything at any time, unless it has a specific rotated version of the piece. Basically making it look like BGS really did a 'tenth assed job' of the building segments, while adding a lot of bloat in the process. Because where 1 part with the ability to rotate in any direction would do, they added 2 and sometimes 3 different parts, with certain 'set rotations'.

Example: The 'Stroud-Eklund Fore Cap' can only be rotated into 'top' and 'bottom'. With the 'Stroud-Eklund Aft Cap' being a separate part and only has a 'top' variant. And there quite a few parts like that throughout the game.

BGS added file bloat, when a simple 'rotate option' would have worked just fine as a replacement. Many of 'design decisions' in SF just make no sense.

Another example: Want a 'weapon workbench', 'Spacesuit workbench', 'research station', 'cooking station', 'pharmaceutical station', or 'industrial workbench', on your Guardian? Too bad! BGS thought that open, unused space, would be a better idea. And because you can access your ships cargo hold from any workbench...

Making it so you either have to go to The Lodge (or other places) to do all your crafting, or get a normal ship anyway.

And a lot of this bad, or outright stupid design, is repeated throughout the game in many other ways. Making one really ask the question of: Why was Bethesda 'so good' again?

Edited by Wandering_Mania

My current ship build, ugly as a "Redheaded Stepchild" but it works.   That was a Joke, I am a Redheaded stepchild.   :open_mouth:   :lol:

Class C.

I will get some better pics next time in a shipbuilder port.

I need to know how to acquire more energy bars for powering systems, Anyone have an answer? 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ca2315803101c4deb8d1b2d91284be61.png

image.thumb.png.b7fc5beeb93db3e3f9098f3ceef9ce0d.png

image.thumb.png.d61063e3ef3f082b3d2a74d106499a7d.png

image.thumb.png.01b868128f2ff2501c749987a84bce0f.png

image.thumb.png.b48d7722a75c65980129eb0493da0676.png

Edited by Sir Bron

I need to know how to acquire more energy bars for powering systems, Anyone have an answer?

Higher levels unlock better reactors. Plus there is a T4 'Science' skill/perk on the bottom left of the tree that gives up to 5 more energy. As stated by Mexicola88.

1 hour ago, Mexicola88 said:

i think the best one has a value of 34.

I'm at level 53 (I think), and I have started to see reactors with 38 power. As far as I have heard, the max level to have every part unlocked is 60. So the higher the level, the more parts you have to play around with.

@Wandering_ManiaThanks i just searched the internet and the best reactor is "SF40 Sheard Flow Reactor", I will try to get that now. 6 more energy will be a good improvement. I hope i can buy it already i just reached level 50.

Edit: I just tried to buy it, but it seems i can't yet. After searching some more, i found out you need to be level 60 to buy it.

I stumbled on that reddit post: 

Edited by Mexicola88