Need Help with a Pesky Dragon in Skyrim

I've been having a tough time dealing with a dragon in Skyrim, and I could use some advice. It's an Elder Dragon, and it seems to keep showing up at the worst times, making it a real pain to progress in the game.

I've tried various strategies like using Dragonrend, but I'm still having trouble taking it down. My character is level 30, and I'm equipped with a decent set of weapons and armor, but this dragon just won't go down without a fight.

Do you guys have any tips or strategies for dealing with tough dragons like this one? 

Cheese it with ranged attacks, use fire if it uses frost and vice versa, bring followers, buy a crap load of potions and food, turn the single piece of jarrin root from the dark brotherhood questline into poison (although some people claim this can one shot alduin so you might want to hold on to it).

If all else fails I just turn down the difficulty setting. Or if you are feeling extra pissed off, us the kill console command.

For future reference you can use this to disable random dragon attacks Timing is Everything

Edited by kamoewarrior
18 minutes ago, StellaJonas said:

I've been having a tough time dealing with a dragon in Skyrim, and I could use some advice. It's an Elder Dragon, and it seems to keep showing up at the worst times, making it a real pain to progress in the game.

I've tried various strategies like using Dragonrend, but I'm still having trouble taking it down. My character is level 30, and I'm equipped with a decent set of weapons and armor, but this dragon just won't go down without a fight.

Do you guys have any tips or strategies for dealing with tough dragons like this one? 

I would start by looking at my load order. Elder Dragons are not supposed to appear before level 36 - and not frequently until level 40.

You call it pesky dragon I call it dragon pie.

Dragon pie, oh my, oh my!

It's a tasty dish you really should try,

Dragon pie, oh my, oh my!

Our dishes are empty, a dragon must die!

So if a dragon flies at your head,

Don't run, don't flee, get a fork instead,

Open your oven and throw out the bread,

Trap the dragon and get well fed!

Edited by belegost