Bikini Space Suits. OBVIOUSLY.

Yes, the spacesuits that have been seen so far are a bit clunky, but I think bikini spacesuits are a bit over the top.
But I think as soon as we get CBBE or other body models, the spacesuits will be a bit more body-hugging.

I think once the creation kit is available it will be teeming with spacesuits of all mass effect or catsuit spacesuit mods.

Edited by N.Gamma
1 minute ago, N.Gamma said:

Yes, the spacesuits that have been seen so far are a bit clunky, but I think bikini spacesuits are a bit over the top.
But I think as soon as we get CBBE or other body models, the spacesuits will be a bit more body-hugging.

Don't forget, atmospheric forcefields are a thing.  You can have the bikini and a shimmering transparent connection between the fabric.... WE ALL WIN!  TOTAL IMMERSION!

3 minutes ago, ElsissSurana said:

Don't forget, atmospheric forcefields are a thing.  You can have the bikini and a shimmering transparent connection between the fabric.... WE ALL WIN!  TOTAL IMMERSION!

Ah I see where the discussion is going. Why then at all bikinis, then yet equal completely naked and only a force field. ?

Just now, N.Gamma said:

Ah I see where the discussion is going. Why then at all bikinis, then yet equal completely naked and only a force field. ?

See, there you went too far.  Forcefields on their own are just bubbles.  To get a proper, sexy, contour to the female body you need to have something to help shape the field.  Like a bikini.  That way you can have the harness that shapes the bubble around the breasts so we can see them through the field.

The more you know. ?

Body-close spacesuits are absolutely custom-made for the wearer - so "stealing" or "looting" a spacesuit is complete nonsense.

Of course, spacesuits can be created from a "futuristic material" - which fit as tightly as a latex catsuit ... which can also be transparent.

But such a transparent material also has its disadvantages -> it does not protect against strong electro-magnetic radiation in the range of light ... i.e. in space you get a fucking fierce SUNBURN!!!

I am a fan of semi-transparent materials ... which could possibly even change in the transparency factor.

1 hour ago, N.Gamma said:

Why then at all bikinis, then yet equal completely naked and only a force field

Because a naked woman is never as attractive as a woman partially dressed.

On 8/29/2023 at 9:38 PM, Miauzi said:

Body-close spacesuits are absolutely custom-made for the wearer - so "stealing" or "looting" a spacesuit is complete nonsense.

Of course, spacesuits can be created from a "futuristic material" - which fit as tightly as a latex catsuit ... which can also be transparent.

But such a transparent material also has its disadvantages -> it does not protect against strong electro-magnetic radiation in the range of light ... i.e. in space you get a fucking fierce SUNBURN!!!

I am a fan of semi-transparent materials ... which could possibly even change in the transparency factor.

Reactive materials that change their transparency depending on how much uv or whatever there is, after all we can get reactive lenses for glasses now, that make the go darker the more light that hits them, surely when tech goes that high they can make some sort of material that does the same.

Vor 7 Minuten sagte Varithina:

Reaktive Materialien, die ihre Transparenz ändern, je nachdem, wie viel UV-Strahlung oder was auch immer vorhanden ist. Schließlich können wir jetzt reaktive Linsen für Brillen bekommen, die die Brille umso dunkler machen, je mehr Licht auf sie trifft. Wenn die Technik so weit geht, können sie sicherlich so etwas herstellen von Material, das das Gleiche tut.

all this is an ancient "hat" ... even when I was a child and went to school (almost 50 years ago) - my father had such "self-darkening" glasses.

During my studies to become an engineer for welding technology (in the mid-1980s) I had the new visors for arc welders in my hand at industrial fairs - which darkened in 1/1000 sec when the arc "flashed" (they were "technological offshoots" at that time).

(at that time they were "technological offshoots" of the helmet visors of fighter jet pilots - whose eyes should be protected from the "atomic sun" of nuclear explosions).

Today there are already "fabrics" in the fashion industry - whose "transparency" depends on the body heat emitted by the wearer.

If one wanted to - one could already develop such a suit today ... but then several other real problems would still not have been solved ... such as the regulation of body heat AND general heat insulation.

In the Sfi cycle "Night's Dawn Trilogy" there are skin-tight space suits based on silicon - one wears a collar from which the body and head of the wearer is "covered" like with a "liquid". Only these suits are -> BLACK

From this, something "transparent" can certainly be developed by mod authors.

(when the time comes - I can contribute some text passages from this cycle about this suit).

Non-ionizing radiation, which carries relatively less energy (e.g. UV), would be your least concern when in space, where the main concern is ionizing radiation. No amount of "futuristic catsuit material" will protect you against it.

While non-ionizing radiation is damaging, it can easily be shielded out of an environment as is done for UV radiation. Ionizing radiation, however, is much more difficult to avoid. Ionizing radiation has the ability to move through substances and alter them as it passes through. When this happens, it ionizes the atoms (knocks electrons out of them) in the surrounding material with which it interacts.

Ionizing radiation is like an atomic-scale cannonball that blasts through material, leaving significant damage behind. More damage can also be created by secondary particles that are propelled into motion by the primary radiation particle.

https://www.nasa.gov/analogs/nsrl/why-space-radiation-matters

https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/np-2014-03-001-jsc-orion_radiation_handout.pdf

Vor 24 Minuten sagte Björnk:

Nichtionisierende Strahlung, die relativ wenig Energie trägt (z. B. UV), wäre im Weltraum Ihre geringste Sorge, wo die ionisierende Strahlung die Hauptsorge darstellt. Kein noch so großes „futuristisches Catsuit-Material“ wird Sie davor schützen.

https://www.nasa.gov/analogs/nsrl/why-space-radiation-matters

https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/np-2014-03-001-jsc-orion_radiation_handout.pdf

You are definitely far too realistic.

?

No one thinks about things like -> 8 hours of outboard use (EVA) and what do your bladder and intestines do during that time?

I am not a newcomer to real space technology - the subject has accompanied me since my childhood - about 50 years.

After my studies (end of the 1980s) I had an offer -> to join a project to explore Mars by means of two space probes - I was supposed to construct some of the camera equipment for the probes. I still regret that this didn't happen because of a small thing.

?

I'm curious if there's any distinction in the game between "armors" and "spacesuits". You should be able to get away with a relatively simple suit or armor on a planet that has an Earth like atmosphere and supports life. You shouldn't have to wear a cumbersome spacesuit everywhere.

Vor 1 Stunde sagte mynewusername:

Entweder du hältst es die ganze Zeit, weil 8 Stunden sowieso nicht so lang sind, oder du gehst in deine Weltraumwindeln

I've had my own 2 hour diving missions in real life ... and no - divers never pee in their suits - ever .... I swear.

Skin-tight spacesuits are just pure head-cinema - which is also good ... but then please never use the word "realistic space game"!