LL Oblivion Gallery (general screenshots thread)

2 hours ago, Atreyu said:

20 white humans?  Redguard Lives Matter won't like that.

I mean, I'm pretty sure they use imperial textures, so for all i know they are in black face. for races over all you got

• Altmer tall white pointy ear human with slight jaundice and a superiority complex because they were the relatives of depowered lesser gods that weren't swept away during nirn's formation, not like those filthy humans descended from depowered lesser gods that were swept away
  • Argonian  -sentient lizards that are connected mentally to sentient trees
  • Bosmer - short white pointy ear human, suposedly adept at tree life
  • Breton -pale white humans, supposed to be part elf
  • Dunmer gray humans, thought worshiping gods that didn't want to help make the earth which they walk would be pretty cool and were cursed for it
  • Imperial whitey McWhite Whitington
  • Khajiit - sentent cats, just how catty? depends on the moon
  • Nord -tall white humans, slight superiority complex, them and the altmer should just fuck already
  • Orsimer - green pointy teeth humans, cursed elves after a god was transformed into a dark god
  • Redguard black humans, oooh so exotic must be because they are actual different linage of people from a different continent sooooo exotic 
  •  

my problem with the white part of white human is pretty minor, just seems to be the default in fantasy. my main issue is that all the lore is just flavor text and every race looks so bloody similar, yet have all these racial divides. why not yellow up high elves give them strange facial features and a gentle glow to their skin, why not make wood elves a bit like monkies with tails and hand-feet. imperials are fine, it just would be simpler to have them come with varying levels of melanin and give the regards something more exotic like 4 arms...

whatever i may be exaggerating the amount due to all the basic human races on nexus skewing my perception

anyway you know exactly what i'm talking about " dominator of pastel colored women. " ?

anyway sorry for the rant.

half the playable races are white, 7/10ths are incredibly human, did i exaggerate a bit, yeah, but black and whit people are pretty much the same, just different melanin based on how much sun our ancestors had to deal with, i wasn't trying to call the game racist, i was trying to say it was artisticly boring, so putting redguards on a pedestal wouldn't have effected my argument any more than putting dark elves or orcs, two fantasy staples, on that pedestal

Tamriel is like Europe, all white.
The redguards are form the big isles of the west ( Yokuda )
In the east is Akavir with the apemen (Tang Mo ) , the Ta Po Tun ( Tiger men ), Tsaesci (serpent folk), Kamal (snow demons)
Tamril is only one continent.

3 hours ago, Atreyu said:

It's funny how much my comment was taken seriously!

I'm not taking it particularly seriously I just wanted to rant about how most fantasy isn't fantastical enough.

6 hours ago, fejeena said:
Tamriel is like Europe, all white.
The redguards are form the big isles of the west ( Yokuda )
In the east is Akavir with the apemen (Tang Mo ) , the Ta Po Tun ( Tiger men ), Tsaesci (serpent folk), Kamal (snow demons)

that's my main issue, why does it have to be comparable to the real world, this is why i stayed in shivering isles when i first got the game. as for the other continents, god i hope we get to visit, and the 'land' of the see elves too, i heard ther skin described like a jellyfish, now that's fantasy.

3 hours ago, TDA said:

Our ancestors are all from Africa and monkeys. .. Altough some things are unusual for me, but brobably in Western Europe everyone is accustomed.   

well apes, who are tailless and have some other differences between monkeys, but they descended from monkeys so i guess that statement is true charizard descended from charmander ? but, yeah, maybe you are right maybe I've become so accustomed to western Europe in media and history books that it seems so mundane to me.

any way, in the interest of me stop derailing this thread, pictures

from the orc/imperial stronghold, illa, B'ick Gro-Illa ...yeah, i made up a location just for a dumb lore appropriate pun

926353888_groilla.jpg.d5112abd5062b58ef738f92d889a274f.jpg "to pass you got to pay, or if you get feisty you can find out how well i grip this shaft , or perhaps you's like to just kneel and deliver" quoth the Harpyness harpenis.jpg.80a25d1c78d181fb077600054e32ddc4.jpgbetter be careful trans characters don't become mundane to me

anyway thanks for letting me vent, i love the blank canvas that is oblivion, but its so blank i cant help but spend more time modding than playing and the game just grows all the more unstable while i contineue adding to my bloated 'masterpiece'

1 hour ago, tolerance said:

well apes, who are tailless and have some other differences between monkeys, but they descended from monkeys so i guess that statement is true charizard descended from charmander ? but, yeah, maybe you are right maybe I've become so accustomed to western Europe in media and history books that it seems so mundane to me.

Reveal hidden contents

(2) history books ??? history is not paleontology

This is not my merit, but scientists and I meant something else (2), well then.

=========================

crab huntress

c174fa4dcb2fdfea80c04d625e9cfc70.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I talk about creativity, but still end up just making anthro animals (and the occasional undead race).... anyway, here's a giraffe

Spoiler

1031627075_glassgiraffe.jpg.aa53b7b83402f9d6d18bb36a5fad1b49.jpg1464578685_stickingyourneckout.jpg.e55712df99a561def517870796453c53.jpg i don't know should i be releasing races more, the giraffe neck requires a re-scaled skeleton but i have no idea how to add a skeleton to the player other than via casting a spell... maybe the spell i made but as a racial ability? i dunno... plus, there are seams on the neck, hands, feet, and inner thighs.

the elephant has a noticeable nose to head seam and is a bit to cartoony, which i like but I'm not sure of others

the pig is perhaps a bit too human and might be lurking in uncanny valley

1 hour ago, tolerance said:

I talk about creativity, but still end up just making anthro animals (and the occasional unread race).... anyway, here's a giraffe

Hide contents

1031627075_glassgiraffe.jpg.aa53b7b83402f9d6d18bb36a5fad1b49.jpg1464578685_stickingyourneckout.jpg.e55712df99a561def517870796453c53.jpg i don't know should i be releasing races more, the giraffe neck requires a re-scaled skeleton but i have no idea how to add a skeleton to the player other than via casting a spell... maybe the spell i made but as a racial ability? i dunno... plus, there are seams on the neck, hands, feet, and inner thighs.

the elephant has a noticeable nose to head seam and is a bit to cartoony, which i like but I'm not sure of others

the pig is perhaps a bit too human and might be lurking in uncanny valley

What are the seams? I mean
1. texture seams (image itself, UV)
2. seams from mismatched verteces (holes)

3. seams from divergent vertex normals. ( need to edit the normals of the upper body , head export will not succeed correctly)

In general, you need to make a skeleton with a long neck, import everything into a 3D program, save skinning, fix everything (1,2,3, copy skinning, praying :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

They have a place near-by and just come outdoors for a short while depending on the day of the week to do business. Sailors also visit their brothel regularly. They have full AI. So they eat, sleep, wander, use it, etc...

But they were making passes at that female Anvil guard....but then the guard had to pee (your mod!).

I meant the dialogue as in manga (comics)

50 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Poontank used to do that. Very well, I might add. It's VERY labor intensive getting NPCs to behave in a manner befitting a scripted story.

My shots tend to be slice of life...we have literally thousands of extra NPCs with full AI that are always doing something crazy (not at the same time, luckily). My pet peeve, though, is when a fight breaks out in town that leaves a lot of dead bodies...so I've been working hard on things like factions and aggression thresholds that help keep the unintended body-counts down to a minimum. Stock Oblivion has a lot of stupid AI for many NPCs...like 'eat'...but not giving the NPC food. So unless the NPC is 100 for Responsibility...he/she is eventually going to steal food...and if a guard catches them....look out!

:classic_laugh:

The NPCs I make for cities all have food...unless I actually want them to forage for it. 

Dude, I meant screenshots + text = manga.  This is what many people do. 

===============================================

I know that in Oblivion some packages work crookedly. Sometimes you need a script, I did it in an animated sauna, sanctuary,  Animated Mine , in an animated Futa-prison  and so on. Scripts turn out huge.  But I think in your hard work, you will miss the animation, but good luck.?️