The state of NSFW Skyrim modding

Hey LL,

Its been a long time since I've done a playthrough of Skyrim or helped out on the modding scene. Was getting into the DarkestDungeon and Warhammer 3 modding communities and that brought me back here to look into doing another playthrough with all the latest and greatest. It appears that Nexus has caught up to this community in the NSFW realm, however, and I wanted to see what was more stable/feature heavy between the two in the communities opinion. It looks like their framework doesn't support thing like animal/monster animation and just human/human? But it also looks like its more integrated with both LE/SE and possibly more stable? Many of the mods I see here are the same barely updated ones from 3-5 years ago, so I'm not sure how stable they would be today. Anyone have a mod list for a full NSFW conversion theyve tested out recently?

Thanks gang,

Stupidfast

Also new forum login bricked my old account so heres a new one I guess.

2 hours ago, xxxstupidfastxxx said:

It appears that Nexus has caught up to this community in the NSFW realm

If you're looking for purely vanilla stuff (not that there's anything wrong with that) this statement is correct. But just anything outside the realm of vanilla isn't going to be well served by the Nexus.

2 hours ago, xxxstupidfastxxx said:

Anyone have a mod list for a full NSFW conversion theyve tested out recently?

I've heard good things about Nefaram.

Edited by ponzipyramid

I don't see how LL mods are any different to Nexus ones in terms of compatibility or conflict resolution. You just install the mods + requirements, you check for files/records conflicts and correct your modlist/loadorder or get/make patches as you see fit. If you don't know how to do any of that then you're relying on guessing and what others say so that complicates things for sure, but it's nothing LL specific.

Edited by Just Don't

What I really want on this sit is an up-to-date guide that includes Vortex, AE, and Nemesis. I know Nemesis does not support creature/monster animations for SL, but it does work for other animations for SL. FNIS is terribly complicated, bulky, and unwieldy both to set up and to run. Nemesis is easy and light both in setup and running.
Is there such a guide and I'm just not finding it?

Edited by ShadowKraz42
2 hours ago, ShadowKraz42 said:

What I really want on this sit is an up-to-date guide that includes Vortex, AE, and Nemesis. I know Nemesis does not support creature/monster animations for SL, but it does work for other animations for SL. FNIS is terribly complicated, bulky, and unwieldy both to set up and to run. Nemesis is easy and light both in setup and running.
Is there such a guide and I'm just not finding it?

Nemesis works for creatures except like draughr and some other thing, there is a guide floating around here just google loverslab how to run fnis alongside nemesis, that is the way to have it work both with regular SL animations and creatures. It's on this site not really burried just the search option is sometimes wonky, so use google.

Edit: I wasn't gonna search for it but its one of the updated threads as I was looking through the forums https://www.loverslab.com/topic/163415-lese-guide-on-using-nemesis-alongside-fnis/
It's for LE/SE but inside you will find better help than in some random ass state of nsfw skyrim modding thread.

Edited by Karkhel
On 8/2/2023 at 11:10 AM, Karkhel said:

Nemesis works for creatures except like draughr and some other thing, there is a guide floating around here just google loverslab how to run fnis alongside nemesis, that is the way to have it work both with regular SL animations and creatures. It's on this site not really burried just the search option is sometimes wonky, so use google.

Edit: I wasn't gonna search for it but its one of the updated threads as I was looking through the forums https://www.loverslab.com/topic/163415-lese-guide-on-using-nemesis-alongside-fnis/
It's for LE/SE but inside you will find better help than in some random ass state of nsfw skyrim modding thread.

Thank you. I've seen that guide and I'm not in the least interested in running FNIS again. Ever. As I said, it is terribly complicated, bulky, and unwieldy. I had way more issues running it (CTDs, freezes, etc.) than I've ever had running Nemesis. Plus, I don't need the ... uh... special creature animations. But thanks anyway.

1 hour ago, ShadowKraz42 said:

Thank you. I've seen that guide and I'm not in the least interested in running FNIS again. Ever. As I said, it is terribly complicated, bulky, and unwieldy. I had way more issues running it (CTDs, freezes, etc.) than I've ever had running Nemesis. Plus, I don't need the ... uh... special creature animations. But thanks anyway.

Maybe I'm mistaken but I was under the impression that this is how you get ANY SL animations to work with nemesis, but I never used nemesis so I wouldn't know for sure ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, Karkhel said:

Maybe I'm mistaken but I was under the impression that this is how you get ANY SL animations to work with nemesis, but I never used nemesis so I wouldn't know for sure ?‍♂️

yes, there is a process for Nemesis to detect any FNIS mods, register the animations, and generate an empty FNIS.esp plug-in so they don't whinge about a missing master. I've used it before on SE for about a year and a half, but ID:10T errors borked my SE, I had to re-install, didn't feel like fighting to roll back to SE, and now am re-building my mod list. I don't need any ... um ... special creature animations so I won't need FNIS. Besides, it's over-complicated, bulky, limited in size unless you want to really push your system, and buggy. I had MUCH better SL performance with Nemesis than with FNIS. But I digress.
I've attempted the process repeatedly with no results, no FNIS.esp plug-in generated.

yes, there is a process for Nemesis to detect any FNIS mods, register the animations, and generate an empty FNIS.esp plug-in so they don't whinge about a missing master. I've used it before on SE for about a year and a half, but ID:10T errors borked my SE

How did something even manage to bork your game with a mod manager, does vortex not keep all the files outside of game's data? Either way I hope you find a different solution and it works for you. Sorry I couldn't help.

20 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Since when?

Since always. Nemesis was recommended to me by several people, for those reasons, who have used both since they've come out (yes, I know, they were released at different times). After trying them both out, they are, I think, correct.

The Way that can be spoken is not the Eternal Way. Tao te Ching, 1.

Gotta love a book that starts off with that.

20 hours ago, Karkhel said:

How did something even manage to bork your game with a mod manager, does vortex not keep all the files outside of game's data? Either way I hope you find a different solution and it works for you. Sorry I couldn't help.

The something was me. That's what an ID:10T error is, human error. Also, that was my old SE install that I borked up. Aside from this issue, my current AE install has been working just fine. So far; I'm still testing its stability as I add in mods.

Since always. Nemesis was recommended to me by several people, for those reasons, who have used both since they've come out (yes, I know, they were released at different times). After trying them both out, they are, I think, correct.

The Way that can be spoken is not the Eternal Way. Tao te Ching, 1.

Gotta love a book that starts off with that.

Thousands of people have used FNIS for years yet suddenly here comes you and your problem who declares that "FNIS is terribly complicated, bulky, and unwieldy both to set up and to run".

Dare I ask you to provide examples or evidence of this complicatedness, bulkiness and unwieldiness in setting up and running?

One might also ask why, if Nemesis is so nifty and simple to use, you are looking for a guide.

Edited by Grey Cloud
9 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Thousands of people have used FNIS for years yet suddenly here comes you and your problem who declares that "FNIS is terribly complicated, bulky, and unwieldy both to set up and to run".

Dare I ask you to provide examples or evidence of this complicatedness, bulkiness and unwieldiness in setting up and running?

One might also ask why, if Nemesis is so nifty and simple to use, you are looking for a guide.

Install new FNIS based animation, rerun FNIS. Yep I've found that to be stupidly complicated as well :D

error log nemesis.

Someone asked for help.

See what it does ?

Decompiles ???? scipt, looks inside and finds a none.

Wonder why, the NONE will be defined ingame. This caused ctd. 

None].SuccubusDefenderSpellTlam99.OnHit() - "SuccubusDefenderSpellTlam99.psc" Line 35
[01/26/2023 - 01:45:56PM] Error: Cannot call GetSex() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[None].SuccubusDefenderSpellTlam99.OnHit() - "SuccubusDefenderSpellTlam99.psc" Line 35
[01/26/2023 - 01:45:56PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp3"
stack:
	[None].SuccubusDefenderSpellTlam99.OnHit() - "SuccubusDefenderSpellTlam99.psc" Line 35
[01/26/2023 - 01:45:56PM] Error: Cannot call RestoreAV() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[None].SuccubusDefenderSpellTlam99.OnHit() - "SuccubusDefenderSpellTlam99.psc" Line 51
[01/26/2023 - 01:45:56PM] Error: Cannot cast a spell from a None source
stack:
	[ (FE0D4829)].SPELL.Cast() - "<native>" Line ?
	[None].SuccubusDefenderSpellTlam99.OnHit() - "SuccubusDefenderSpellTlam99.psc" Line 59
[01/26/2023 - 01:45:56PM] Error: Cannot cast a spell from a None source
stack:
	[ (FE0D4829)].SPELL.Cast() - "<native>" Line ?
	[None].SuccubusDefenderSpellTlam99.OnHit() - "SuccubusDefenderSpellTlam99.psc" Line 59
[01/26/2023 - 01:45:57PM] Error: Cannot cast a spell from a None source
stack:
	[ (FE0D4827)].SPELL.Cast() - "<native>" Line ?
	[None].SuccubusDefenderSpellTlam99.OnHit() - "SuccubusDefenderSpellTlam99.psc" Line 61
[01/26/2023 - 01:45:57PM] Error:  (00091918): cannot fetch variable named FNISaa_2hmeqp of type int, returning 0.
stack:
	[ (00091918)].WIDeadBodyCleanupScript.GetAnimationVariableInt() - "<native>" Line ?
	[Active effect 3 on  (00091918)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.GetAnimVar() - "XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.psc" Line 1622
	[Active effect 3 on  (00091918)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.SaveFNISData() - "XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.psc" Line 1628
	[Active effect 3 on  (00091918)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.Restyle() - "XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.psc" Line 972
	[Active effect 3 on  (00091918)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.OnObjectUnequipped() - "XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.psc" Line ?
stack:
	[ (FE0D4827)].SPELL.Cast() - "<native>" Line ?
	[None].SuccubusDefenderSpellTlam99.OnHit() - "SuccubusDefenderSpellTlam99.psc" Line 61
stack:
	[ (FE0D4828)].SPELL.Cast() - "<native>" Line ?
	[None].SuccubusDefenderSpellTlam99.OnHit() - "SuccubusDefenderSpellTlam99.psc" Line 69
stack:
	[ (FE0D4828)].SPELL.Cast() - "<native>" Line ?
	[None].SuccubusDefenderSpellTlam99.OnHit() - "SuccubusDefenderSpellTlam99.psc" Line 69
[01/26/2023 - 01:45:57PM] Nemesis CompareAnimVar (AnimGroup: _2hmeqp, value: 0, Priority: 0, mod: XPMSE, Group: