Call of the Wild - Primal Magic

Azurefrost

Revisiting the "Spriggan Armor"

Cant agree more that current ones look strange (took ages to find a word that wasn't offensive :)  ) but have you considered a texture remap or overlay in the same way that casting the vanilla armour enhancing spells work. there have been some excellent reworking of those done that realy give an obvious "i have cast .....flesh spell" to them.

Wow.  This looks very interesting.  I really hope to see this mod working flawlessly with S-Lab.  This is an entirely new perspective on the adult Skyrim modding.  It sounds like something that can be worked around what's available for the most part.  I was really excited to read this today and I'm looking forward to  what's to come.  Very cool stuff here.  Please continue.

I would really hate to be the guy that had to "do" a girl with those ferocity piercings. That looks like it'd be awfully painful...

At any rate, looking forward to the first release of this! I wish I could help.

That's kinda the point of it. :) Wait until you see the new male ferocity piercings!

We're always looking for help, if you think you have a skill that could contribute to the mod, drop Frostbrand a PM.

any idea of when it will be released?

At this point, we don't have a release date as of yet. If I had to take a guess, around late spring we'll have a playable alpha. There are too many things that need to be ironed and fleshed out first. We're just getting out of the planning stage and starting to actually work on it.

As much as I wish I could help, I'm having a lot of struggles just getting my own mod to work...haha.

To be honest though, Once I get my mod off the ground, I would like to add some integration for this mod to mine. I think there could be some potential there.

Well, you'll be welcomed to modify, integrate, or develop further off of this mod once we get to that point. It'll be an open-sourced mod.

While I get it from a flavor perspective, in terms of gameplay I'm not really sold on the idea of the tattoos being permanent.  In fact, at first I thought the tattoos were what allowed you to perform one of the schools of primal magic in the first place, effectively locking you out of the other three.  Having them simply activate a powerful ability related to one of the schools is a bit easier to swallow, though it still bugs me.

So just a suggestion, perhaps think of allowing the player to switch between tattoos.  It doesn't have to be easy or simple, though.  I would model it after how the vampire/werewolf thing is handled, forcing the player to go on some quest to remove the tattoo if they want to switch.  That way the tattoos are at least semi-permanent, so that the choice between them actually matters while not locking the player in if they decide later on they made a bad decision.

While I get it from a flavor perspective, in terms of gameplay I'm not really sold on the idea of the tattoos being permanent.  In fact, at first I thought the tattoos were what allowed you to perform one of the schools of primal magic in the first place, effectively locking you out of the other three.  Having them simply activate a powerful ability related to one of the schools is a bit easier to swallow, though it still bugs me.

So just a suggestion, perhaps think of allowing the player to switch between tattoos.  It doesn't have to be easy or simple, though.  I would model it after how the vampire/werewolf thing is handled, forcing the player to go on some quest to remove the tattoo if they want to switch.  That way the tattoos are at least semi-permanent, so that the choice between them actually matters while not locking the player in if they decide later on they made a bad decision.

Frostbrand hasn't updated the post yet, but we touched on this exact subject. Tattoos will be "semi-permanent", to be more accurate. There will be a way to remove/change your tattoos, but like you mentioned, there will be a quest involved. It'll be designed to discourage players from switching or removing them, but it won't be impossible either. We had in mind to simply make it a nuisance or a pain in the ass to do so.

Sorry for the mix up. Usually, we wait until there's a significant change/addition before the OP is updated. But to clarify it: yes, the tattoos will not be truly permanent.

If it comes down to it, I will just give you a toggle in the mod options to let you free switch on the fly for the lazy and indecisive amongst us.

As for a release date. I won't give one because delays always inevitably happen and I suck at estimating the time it takes me to do stuff. It will be done when it is done. If you want it to go faster, volunteer, especially with simple CK work like creating item entries and such

Honestly, I was going to vote for the other bars until I saw the words: "compatibility issues."

Nothing annoys me more than having compatibility issues... That's why I had to stop using SkyRe.. haha.

Plus yeah, so many mods need skyUI now that having that as a requirement really isn't an issue. It's like having a mod that requires sexlab, almost nobody will mind. ;)

Archived