Call of the Wild - Primal Magic

Azurefrost

1 other question, the Nipple rings and stuff, will they still be wearable even under armor? 

It depends what slots your armor takes up. In general, yes, though like all models, it might clip through it. The big thing though is that most armors are not going to be usable with primal magic. When I post how the finalized idea of the mechanics will work, you will understand why.

1 other question, the Nipple rings and stuff, will they still be wearable even under armor? 

It depends what slots your armor takes up. In general, yes, though like all models, it might clip through it. The big thing though is that most armors are not going to be usable with primal magic. When I post how the finalized idea of the mechanics will work, you will understand why.

i know what you mean, what i meant to ask is they going to act like Jewelry or act as armor, but ya i use just vanilla armor, with CBBE body

Poking in to say that initially everything will be made for UNP-based bodies (UNPB & 7B, more specifically), eventually everything will be made for CBBE as well though. UNP-based bodies take priority however, as those are the replacers Frostbrand and I use. Also, the genital piercings for females will require the 3D labia mod if you use UNP/UNPB or 7B. The CBBE version will not, as I don't know if there is a CBBE variant of it.

It's a damn fine mod, seriously. This should be something everyone uses, imho; I understand not everyone will like it so we'll make a patch for those of you who refuse to use it (shame on you! :P) once most of the piercings and whatnot are completed. Also, we will only support the SOS male body. No exceptions.

p.s. Merry Christmas everyone!

This is starting to look good. It seems like you are taking the time to integrate it into the world properly (explanations for how and why the various components work, integration with existing mechanics, that sort of thing). That and balance are two of the most important things for mods that I actually use for proper play.

How will progression be handled? Will there be some sort of skill or perk system? Will you use existing skills (restoration/illusion)? Will your character only gain new spells and abilities by completing quests? I would prefer if that was not the case, since it might interfere with the hermit-type character concept I started planning after reading about this mod (unless the "quests" did not involve actually working for any NPC or organization).

How will progression be handled? Will there be some sort of skill or perk system? Will you use existing skills (restoration/illusion)? Will your character only gain new spells and abilities by completing quests? I would prefer if that was not the case, since it might interfere with the hermit-type character concept I started planning after reading about this mod (unless the "quests" did not involve actually working for any NPC or organization).

We're still in the air about this, but Frostbrand has a pretty solid idea now. Our plan is to expand the next-to-useless alteration perk tree. None of the vanilla alteration perks will be changed though. The new perks will work as most other vanilla perks and will enhance your performance in the new subschools of magic. New abilities and spells will more than likely be obtained by doing quests. Another goal is to make Call of the Wild as synergetic with every vanilla schools of magic as possible. Some of the spells will be from those schools, thus helping you train them too. Since we currently don't know of a way to create an entirely new perk tree, this is how it'll have to be until someone can come up with a way to do it successfully.

One idea we discussed was having the quests' difficulty adjust progressively with the more primal magic spells/abilities you gain. For example, having your first few spells and abilities might merely require you to make a vow never to wear clothing again. Your intermediate spells/abilities will involve quests which have you collect various exotic ingredients (new ingredients) such as the menstrual blood of a virgin, the sperm of a dangerous animal, the sperm of a powerful man, retrieving sacred jewelry from a group looking to destroy the druidic ways, and the likes. You'll turn these things in to a master druid/sage and he/she will guide you through a ritual to gain the new knowledge using the items you retrieved. Higher end spells and abilities will be handled kind of like the quest done for the master-tier destruction spells in vanilla Skyrim.

The idea was to allow the player to do some exploring and experimentation on their own, but nothing that will cause a headache. You'll have to perform these rituals on your own without the help or guidance of your mentor. Oh, and all the rituals will very likely be sexual in nature (no pun intended). There might be a master druid/sage acting as the PC's mentor or teacher, but this isn't something that we've really discussed yet.

To be fair though, quests are of the lowest priority and will be handled last. Additionally, I don't mind just giving players the ability to unlock everything as an option for those of you who don't care about immersion and just want a new way to play.

Additionally, I see about a 50/50 split with sexual rituals and non-sexual rituals. Some of them will require much more simple or natural ingredients, while others might be more erotic. I do want to do a lot more softcore and suggestive themes than overtly sexual stuff too, but there will be a good blend of everything.

Not sure if this is a good idea or not, but how about using Bones and Metals to craft the Jewelry ?

Bone (none) poor Magic effects, and poor Defence, then gose in to Light (witch has greater Magic growth, but slower Defence) then Heavy(has greater Defence growth, slower Magic growth)

Heavy: Iron, Steel, dwoven, Orc, Ebany, Daedric, Dragonbone

Light: Hide, Leather, Elveen, Glass, Dragonscale

all leave it up to you if you want to use the Armor perk tress for this

Thanks for the suggestion, but you actually have two tools to cover most of your armor issues rather than needing to use jewelry.

There is the Primal Magic equivalent of the stone skin style spells, some of which can eventually take the place of armor at higher levels, though it would be interesting if there was a growth spell that called vines and plants to surround you for a sort of bound armor. Hmm...

You also have a spell called Berserker's Masochism that lets you absorb a portion of damage directly into your primal urges bar as opposed to your HP. You will no doubt fill up your PU much faster that way, but you will reduce incoming damage.

Jewelry comes more into play for handling your resistance to elemental effects.

Different materials are going to be used. Each will provide its own advantages and disadvantages. But I don't think there will be any defense rating on said pieces of equipment. It would kind of defeat the purpose of having to be nude.

Yes vert tree, if you don't mind me asking what do you think the advantages and disadvantages are going to be? to say it plainly am just Curious

Thanks for the suggestion, but you actually have two tools to cover most of your armor issues rather than needing to use jewelry.

There is the Primal Magic equivalent of the stone skin style spells, some of which can eventually take the place of armor at higher levels, though it would be interesting if there was a growth spell that called vines and plants to surround you for a sort of bound armor. Hmm...

You also have a spell called Berserker's Masochism that lets you absorb a portion of damage directly into your primal urges bar as opposed to your HP. You will no doubt fill up your PU much faster that way, but you will reduce incoming damage.

for that vine and plant spell, can you use a Spell to summan the Spriggan Armor, i know it comes in CBBE

for that vine and plant spell, can you use a Spell to summan the Spriggan Armor, i know it comes in CBBE

That is kinda what I was thinking. The idea just popped into my head though. XD

However, I never thought that set looked that great, so perhaps we could do our own version. Still, we would have to get permission first to use it.

reading the front page again, i think having the quest relate to a group of "Peaceful" forsworn, the start quest can be as follow

1, talk to an inn keeper for Jobs, you are handed a bunty latter, to find and kill the forsworn in that area

2, as you come up to there camp, you see they mean no harm

3, talk to the leader, and something alone this lines, "So you have come to slay us? you dont even know of us or are ways, we are not like are Brothers and sisters in the reach" here is where the player can ask to lean or just kill everyone in the camp for the gold

reading the front page again, i think having the quest relate to a group of "Peaceful" forsworn, the start quest can be as follow

1, talk to an inn keeper for Jobs, you are handed a bunty latter, to find and kill the forsworn in that area

3, talk to the leader, and something alone this lines, "So you have come to slay us? you dont even know of us or are ways, we are not like are Brothers and sisters in the reach" here is where the player can ask to lean or just kill everyone in the camp for the gold

Not a bad idea. I was thinking of making them be their own branch, but tying them into the Forsworn might work out well.

Not a bad idea. I was thinking of making them be their own branch, but tying them into the Forsworn might work out well.

true, after all the keep going on about "Old Magic" they could be talking about Primal Magic

Since we currently don't know of a way to create an entirely new perk tree, this is how it'll have to be until someone can come up with a way to do it successfully.

Fairly sure it's not possible. Modders have been trying to do it for ages, but the best that can be done if you want a custom perk tree is usually replacing an existing tree. Would be great if Bethesda would add support for it though.

I suppose you could create some sort of custom "extra perk tree UI" and just use scrips to remove perk points when they're spent. Seems like a good enough idea for a generic framework that the fact that nobody has done it yet means that I'm probably underestimating the difficulty of it though.

For example, having your first few spells and abilities might merely require you to make a vow never to wear clothing again.

So the druids are actively opposed to clothing? It's not just because they happen to interfere with their magic?

To be fair though, quests are of the lowest priority and will be handled last. Additionally, I don't mind just giving players the ability to unlock everything as an option for those of you who don't care about immersion and just want a new way to play.

Not that it matters, but I do care about immersion. I was just concerned that the quests/NPCs/faction was going to clash with the character concept I had in mind. At least if I can get everything without questing (or better yet, handed out piece by piece based on some measure of my characters progress so that it remains balanced), I can just make up some suitable tasks for my character to do and roleplay it.

My main concern was that I was going to play sort of a reclusive hermit who rarely interacted with people, and I was hoping that advancing wouldn't require me to go hang out at the local druid clubhouse. A single mentor-guy in a forest somewhere doesn't really bother me though.

Additionally, I see about a 50/50 split with sexual rituals and non-sexual rituals. Some of them will require much more simple or natural ingredients, while others might be more erotic. I do want to do a lot more softcore and suggestive themes than overtly sexual stuff too, but there will be a good blend of everything.

Also good. That part is fun and all, but I think it might feel more realistic if it wasn't just non-stop sex.

Archived