I've tried out 0.1.  I noticed I can disenchant the circlet for a fortify barter effect.  Seems like something I shouldn't be able to disenchant at all though. 

Unless, of course, its to make other mind-controllers...

That's correct. There is a basic speechcraft enchantment on the circlet to make it look like a magical item.

I don't know how to prevent a disenchant yet, and there are no plans to reuse that enchantment for other items, so you would lose the mind-control effect completely if you disenchant it.

Thinking about it, maybe that would be a good way to satisfy requests for a necklace. I would have to rewrite it to allow the mind-control effect to migrate to another object.

Seems to work great so far, only had a few minor issues like the purple-ish aura stuck on my character after the circlet returns to me.

I must admit i do love sneaking up on some poor innocent young maiden/man to put a mindcontroll device on them.

And then i would give them the necklace from "Radiant Prostitution" and force them to work as prostitutes for me selling themselves to the first man/female that buys them for the night. :heart:

A functional enchantment transfer would be awsome though, i do prefer collars on my slaves and myself. :P

Seems to work great so far, only had a few minor issues like the purple-ish aura stuck on my character after the circlet returns to me.

I must admit i do love sneaking up on some poor innocent young maiden/man to put a mindcontroll device on them.

And then i would give them the necklace from "Radiant Prostitution" and force them to work as prostitutes for me selling themselves to the first man/female that buys them for the night. :heart:

A functional enchantment transfer would be awsome though, i do prefer collars on my slaves and myself. :P

Except you would not be able to show both the radiant prostitution necklace and a mind control necklace at the same time.

The more I think about it the more it makes sense to make the effect transferable. I will think about how to do that.

Will not be easy, they are limitation as to scripted item..

So far I know, if solution, may be over SKSE ?

I do rely on container events, so it will be limited to scripted objects.

I am thinking of defining a few pre-set mind control items, each with the same script attached and a way to turn one into the other using a special forge or recipes.

Not sure if that would work yet but that is my current thought process.

Regardless how @evilpancake 's point came across, I am still curious to know what would make this mod different from the other 'any NPC as a follower' mods out there. What would give this mod a purpose?

Any suggestion is welcome. 

The only thing I can think of is if it had a mind of its own, making the NPC unpredictable at times, like killing an innocent and you getting the blame, or, getting arrested for having a stolen item (which you didn't steal / informed on).

EDIT:

Those examples are just some bad things that can happen, it could also do beneficial things.

Meet Sam.

Sam is an aspiring Necromancer, freshly turned to my cause by the circlet (test of mind control of an aggressive NPC is complete).

The best thing about Sam is when he casts an undead spell on his recently deceased friends, turning them into bonus followers. 

post-159469-0-89372000-1379990261_thumb.jpg

Version 0.4 is out with an important bug fix!

The circlet could drop to the ground if your victim died, rendering the circlet inactive (it was an inert copy of the original circlet).

Upgrade is more than recommended.

Unfortunately, I was not able to reset the circlet with a script.

This means you will have to go back to an earlier save if you picked up the circlet from the ground after the death of your slave.

You can tell if the circlet is inactive if it doesn't make you glow when you wear it yourself (and if it doesn't add the 'scan for victims' capability to your list of known spells)

Zitat

"Added note in College of Winterhold and map marker to circlet location"

I cant find the notice and the marker

I forgot to add something in the spoiler section of the download page.

Look in your assigned bedroom in the Hall of Attainment. 

The note should be next to the bed.

*gasp*

You enslaved Sapphire! :o

Huh... and wouldn't it be something if you could make her tell you her real name when under the effect of the circlet?  In fact, I bet there's a lot of potential to make NPCs do or say things they normally would never do beyond the general vanilla sex acts.  Maybe make Maven Black-Briar perform lewd acts in the market circle, stuff like this.

*gasp*

You enslaved Sapphire! :o

Huh... and wouldn't it be something if you could make her tell you her real name when under the effect of the circlet?  In fact, I bet there's a lot of potential to make NPCs do or say things they normally would never do beyond the general vanilla sex acts.  Maybe make Maven Black-Briar perform lewd acts in the market circle, stuff like this.

Exactly :)

I already have that on my list... sort of like a forced SexLab Solutions variant.

A few thing I can think of for generic classes of NPCs:

- free access to store resources if the victim is a vendor

- food and bed for free with an inn keeper

- temporary faction association if victim is in the Legion, Stormcloaks ... or bandits (guilty by association)

Then there are named NPCs.. these are trickier as I don't want to encourage using the circlet on a unique, named quest giver (and potentially break people's games).

I would recommend checking the UESP wiki before giving the circlet to anyone named and unique, and see if you can live without whatever quest they are involved with (at the risk of a few spoilers).

I wanted to say thanks for your answer to my question in the other thread...

That said, you forgot the forsworn faction  in your list, it would be great to add them too...

I always thought they could have been a great third faction to the civil war (this thought is not for this mod though).

Just read the whole description (including the spoiler lol) and OMG this is THE mod I've always wanted !!!

Here's my idea for a minor improvement, since there's a LOT of eye textures (even in the vanilla game), could we introduce different ones for different stages ?

• for example, during the first two stages of mind control the eye textures can be totally blank or dark (preferably blank),     considering that the victim is newly put under mind control and he/she is fighting it.

• and during the latter stage, we may see blood streaks in his/her eyes showing that the victim is getting used to it

• as for the final stage, the eye textures return to normal.

I have absolutely no idea if this is even possible, just an idea so far  :cool:

There is a problem - after I take circlet back through dialoge or simply via inventory npc becomes essential and can't be killed and even harmed(no health bar)

How long after?

The NPC is supposed to remain essential if they have been wearing the circlet for more than 5 game days.

If that happens before 5 days, there is a problem and I should look into it.

If that happens after 5 days and is causing issues with the game, I need to know more about which NPC you are talking about and why making it essential was an issue.

The original idea was that the circlet you have side effect on NPCs even after you remove it.

There is a problem - after I take circlet back through dialoge or simply via inventory npc becomes essential and can't be killed and even harmed(no health bar)

How long after?

The NPC is supposed to remain essential if they have been wearing the circlet for more than 5 game days.

If that happens after 5 days and is causing issues with the game, I need to know more about which NPC you are talking about and why making it essential was an issue.

The original idea was that the circlet you have side effect on NPCs even after you remove it.

Hello. It happened during this quest http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Contract:_Kill_Anoriath

I pickpocketed circlet to him, then fast traveled and then took the circlet back. So, health bar didn't apper on Anoriath and I coudn't press E(coudn't activate him) and coudn't kill him either.

i'm using SexLab 1.20(not sure if it is important).

By the way, the mod is very good. Thanks!

How long after?

Hello. It happened during this quest http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Contract:_Kill_Anoriath

I pickpocketed circlet to him, then fast traveled and then took the circlet back. So, health bar didn't apper on Anoriath and I coudn't press E(coudn't activate him) and coudn't kill him either.

I will double check the way I make mind control victims essentials or not.

Fast travel is tricky. I never use it, especially with mods. It is possible that had an impact on the number of recorded game days and made the NPC essential as a lasting effect of the circlet.

You could try this:

- Save after taking the circlet back

- Quit / reload to flush in memory states

- Open the console

- Select the NPC and type 'resurrect' to attempt a reset

If that doesn't work, I am afraid you will have to reload the game before you gave him the circlet and fast traveled.

How long after?

Fast travel is tricky. I never use it, especially with mods. It is possible that had an impact on the number of recorded game days and made the NPC essential as a lasting effect of the circlet.

You could try this:

- Open the console

If that doesn't work, I am afraid you will have to reload the game before you gave him the circlet and fast traveled.

I tries using resurrect - didn't work - he respawned but still didn't have health bar.But I Could easily kill him while he had the circlet. The problem appeared after getting circlet off.So I just reloaded the save and killed him without even using circlet.

How long after?

You could try this:

- Open the console

I tries using resurrect - didn't work - he respawned but still didn't have health bar.But I Could easily kill him while he had the circlet. The problem appeared after getting circlet off.So I just reloaded the save and killed him without even using circlet.

I looked at the script and it appears I got the essential thing backward... I was enabling it when I meant to disable it.

That will be fixed in the next version.