OK, tried the new patch on a brand new save minus YK and double checked everything (going to triple check tomorrow in case late night eyes missed something). ANNND.....

Defeat happens. Camera and all controls frozen. NPCs will talk a little bit. Crawling animation works... but no controls so I can't move. Timer runs out. NPCs talk a little more. And.... stand there. And nothing else happens. 😆

YK on the other hand does actually do SL anims. And... then still locks my controls. (For reference.) 

If nothing turns up tomorrow on my triple check of required mods... I'll turn on logging and see what the heck is going on here! 😅

EDIT: I keep managing miss your posts before I post! 😆 I'll try downgrading as well as a test tomorrow, thanks!

EDIT 2: Fun side note! The spinning cam that activates if you don't touch a control for awhile? STILL WORKS! 🤣

Edited by Nessa
12 minutes ago, Nessa said:

OK, tried the new patch on a brand new save minus YK and double checked everything (going to triple check tomorrow in case late night eyes missed something). ANNND.....

Defeat happens. Camera and all controls frozen. NPCs will talk a little bit. Crawling animation works... but no controls so I can't move. Timer runs out. NPCs talk a little more. And.... stand there. And nothing else happens. 😆

YK on the other hand does actually do SL anims. And... then still locks my controls. (For reference.) 

If nothing turns up tomorrow on my triple check of required mods... I'll turn on logging and see what the heck is going on here! 😅

EDIT: I keep managing miss your posts before I post! 😆 I'll try downgrading as well as a test tomorrow, thanks!

I'd still expect the SL scenes to play, can you also post a Papyrus log? Might be a separate issue.

Decided to go ahead and try it now. Downgraded to Acheron 1.4.2. HOWEVER forgot to toss your new script patch. (So that may have an effect.)

• No camera/menu control freeze!
  • Scene proceeds as expected.
  • Crawling anims work and I can move around now.
  • SL anims initiate as expected.
  • One quirk: I can move around while tied up which is too funny. (Especially the hogtied anim. She looks like a shark moving around. 🤣) Could be your new patch, not sure. Anyway... that is a minor nitpick. Definitely is an Acheron issue for sure.

EDIT: And OF COURSE I miss your post AGAIN. 😆 I'll for sure turn on logging tomorrow and get some logs for this. 😆

Edited by Nessa
15 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

I'd still expect the SL scenes to play, can you also post a Papyrus log? Might be a separate issue.

Yeah yeah SL plays just fine Ima switch back to 1.4.2 and ill let you know

Just went over to the acheron page and literally the first comment is regarding this same issue.

everything works fine now.

(but I did notice the nightingale armor and quest items like dravin's bow don't get stolen idk if you can fix it being quest items all)

Edited by lucakro
5 hours ago, lucakro said:

(but I did notice the nightingale armor and quest items like dravin's bow don't get stolen idk if you can fix it being quest items all)

That's on purpose, since I'd like to avoid cases where required essential quest items are taken away. I could add an MCM option for those okay with the risk?

Edited by ponzipyramid
On 1/17/2024 at 2:44 PM, ponzipyramid said:

Are animations only failing to play in Practical Defeat? In the FOMOD for Practical Defeat, did you choose ESP or ESL?

EDIT: figured it out. The crawling animations and failure to register are due to the ESL. I forgot to include some extra logic to handle the different form IDs from the regular ESP version.

The P+ issues are because I'm using 2.3 off Scrab's Discord which implements a couple functions that are unavailable in 1.8.2.5 causing it to fail. Fixes will be up shortly.

EDIT 2: should be fixed now, please let me know if any issues persist.

Nice! After a rebuild, everything is mostly working now... except crawling.  I never go into a crawling (all fours) stance, just injured mode.  Is that a base sexlab animation, or some other source? Might help me to figure out what's overriding / disabling it.  I did revert from sexlab P+ to SE, though it didn't work in P+ either.

11 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

I'd like to avoid cases where required essential quest items are taken away

Are there different levels of "quest items" or did you manually make a list of "do-not-steal" items? Because the robbery event has taken away some quest items I was carrying in the past, Galdur Amulet Fragment (Saarthal), and Kharjo's Moon Amulet to name a few.

The Galdur Amulet was lost forever because I was defeat by a random Nord NPC who disappeared. The quest marker was still there but it pointed to nothing. The Galdur quest is still active and I assume I wont be able to complete the full Galdur Amulet but everything still works fine. Also I abandoned the Robbery quest with no issues to report.

Kharjo's Moon Amulet I was able to get back and complete the quest no problem tho.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, I tried scanning through this forum to see but, the amputation slider can only go to 1% if you set it to 100, anything else is a 0% chance. But it also might just be an MCM menu issue. My guess is the slider is changing it from .0% to 1.0% instead of 0-100. Everything else seems to work perfect though. 

Edited by IMsAutumnI
On 1/20/2024 at 12:51 AM, Lucci213 said:

Are there different levels of "quest items" or did you manually make a list of "do-not-steal" items? Because the robbery event has taken away some quest items I was carrying in the past, Galdur Amulet Fragment (Saarthal), and Kharjo's Moon Amulet to name a few.

The Galdur Amulet was lost forever because I was defeat by a random Nord NPC who disappeared. The quest marker was still there but it pointed to nothing. The Galdur quest is still active and I assume I wont be able to complete the full Galdur Amulet but everything still works fine. Also I abandoned the Robbery quest with no issues to report.

Kharjo's Moon Amulet I was able to get back and complete the quest no problem tho.

I exclude anything the game flags as a quest item. I could maintain an additional whitelist to handle items like the one you've mentioned but I'll have to see what that looks like.

2 hours ago, IMsAutumnI said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, I tried scanning through this forum to see but, the amputation slider can only go to 1% if you set it to 100, anything else is a 0% chance. But it also might just be an MCM menu issue. My guess is the slider is changing it from .0% to 1.0% instead of 0-100. Everything else seems to work perfect though. 

There's a couple issues with the MCM chance and value sliders. It's fixed locally, just testing some stuff before I release it.

Edited by ponzipyramid

Hi, I really like this mod so far, and I'm looking forwards to creature support to make it my complete solution.

Minor feedback - crawling 100% works for me, but I have two small annoyances.

• By default the movement speed is way faster than the animation speed, unless I hold shift to "Force" walk.  This may be unavoidable
  • I'm prompted to crawl to a good location, and I can do so, but the NPCs wandering around frequently push my character into non-ideal locations, and then movement is locked.

These are pretty minor, but I wanted to share them, and ask if they're normal, or if I might have some incompatibility in my list causing them.  Thanks!

41 minutes ago, Adroit said:

By default the movement speed is way faster than the animation speed, unless I hold shift to "Force" walk.  This may be unavoidable

I can add an optional carry weight debuff to make you slower.

41 minutes ago, Adroit said:

I'm prompted to crawl to a good location, and I can do so, but the NPCs wandering around frequently push my character into non-ideal locations, and then movement is locked.

Noticed this as well and I'm playing around with 2 potential fixes - disabling player collision and resetting the player back to the crawling end spot before and after each event plays, though I'm still trying to come up with a way to make that look "decent".

19 hours ago, Lucci213 said:

Just to confirm, the animation for crawling requires Nemisis/DAR/OAR, right? I'm only using FNIS and while the crawling system works, there is no animation for it.

Yes and thanks for the reminder, forgot to list that as a dependency.

On 1/19/2024 at 4:53 PM, rvhausen said:

Nice! After a rebuild, everything is mostly working now... except crawling.  I never go into a crawling (all fours) stance, just injured mode.  Is that a base sexlab animation, or some other source? Might help me to figure out what's overriding / disabling it.  I did revert from sexlab P+ to SE, though it didn't work in P+ either.

Related to above, do you have OAR installed?

1 hour ago, ponzipyramid said:

I can add an optional carry weight debuff to make you slower.

Noticed this as well and I'm playing around with 2 potential fixes - disabling player collision and resetting the player back to the crawling end spot before and after each event plays, though I'm still trying to come up with a way to make that look "decent".

Sure, weight could help, though I guess you'd see the opposite then if you're walking, which is why I thought maybe unavoidable, I'd struggled with similar trying to tweak some drunk waling animations in my list - definitely livable as it is, just wanted to see if it happened to others!

Gotcha on #2 - personally I'd favor disabling player collision during those states, it just seems the most straightforwards, and feels like it'd be less jarring than the player resetting back to the spot.

Hello everyone, I have recently a problem with the mod (Amputation), it is the only one I have problems with, what happens is that when I try to play, my character and any other NPC only have the classic pose without animations.

I would appreciate if you have any solution for this.

PD: will there be any update for DAR users?

Edited by Romuald Galahad
19 hours ago, Romuald Galahad said:

Hello everyone, I have recently a problem with the mod (Amputation), it is the only one I have problems with, what happens is that when I try to play, my character and any other NPC only have the classic pose without animations.

Have you run FNIS? Unfortunately, both the original and tweak authors have retired from modding for the foreseeable future and I can't provide much support beyond that.

19 hours ago, Romuald Galahad said:

PD: will there be any update for DAR users?

If you're asking if I'm planning on an LE version, no primarily due to the Acheron dependency. If you're looking for an LE alternative I'd recommend Naked Defeat, which this project takes significant inspiration from.

Edited by ponzipyramid
52 minutes ago, ponzipyramid said:

Have you run FNIS? Unfortunately, both the original and tweak authors have retired from modding for the foreseeable future and I can't provide much support beyond that.

If you're asking if I'm planning on an LE version, no primarily due to the Acheron dependency. If you're looking for an LE alternative I'd recommend Naked Defeat, which this project takes significant inspiration from.

Of course I used FNIS, but I understand your point, it was a mod I used in the LE version and it was good (unstable but good xd) still, thanks for taking the time to answer!

9 hours ago, no_way said:

not sure what happened but i got threatened with a horse and put in pony gear, then no horse showed up, pony gear came off after "he looked satisfied", and it got stuck, no progression.  Heres my log.

Papyrus.0.log 4.52 MB · 1 download

Was there a horse anywhere near your location? It tries to find one before spawning but maybe it was too far away to initiate the scene. It should have continued tho, I'll look into that.

9 hours ago, no_way said:

is this safe to update mid-game?  And can I change to esl if I previously had an esp version?

It's safe to update ESP -> ESP or ESL -> ESL but ESP -> ESL is almost never completely safe. My recommendation would be to clean save and then install the ESL.

anyway to make this for ostim too? or anyway to bridge ostim and sexlab so that when defeat is happening it calls for animation from ostim or sexlab? while outside of defeat only ostim is used for segs?

5 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

Was there a horse anywhere near your location? It tries to find one before spawning but maybe it was too far away to initiate the scene. It should have continued tho, I'll look into that.

It's safe to update ESP -> ESP or ESL -> ESL but ESP -> ESL is almost never completely safe. My recommendation would be to clean save and then install the ESL.

No horse nearby.  I didn’t see one spawn anywhere either.  Could have been a pathing issue getting into the courtyard of fort amol, but I got bored waiting after about 7 minutes haha 

1 hour ago, no_way said:

No horse nearby.  I didn’t see one spawn anywhere either.  Could have been a pathing issue getting into the courtyard of fort amol, but I got bored waiting after about 7 minutes haha 

Yeah it was trying to pull in a horse that wasn't completely loaded in yet. I added a check to ensure the horse is close and completely loaded.

On 1/23/2024 at 3:05 PM, ponzipyramid said:

Yes and thanks for the reminder, forgot to list that as a dependency.

Related to above, do you have OAR installed?

Yep, have OAR. And I switched to the dev version of P+ from the discord. Followers will go into a crawl, but not me. I'm just stubborn I guess