10 hours ago, zwdragonbone8314 said:

Hi I just try this mod and keep getting CTD when the mod start working. After the defeat, I can see the mod start working as my character are forced to crawl or bond. But then before anything can happen, the game CTD. Not sure what went wrong.

Can you post a crash log? And which version of Acheron are you on? I'd recommend downgrading to 1.4.2 if you're on 1.4.3 or 1.4.4.

2 hours ago, Needaname90 said:

Sooo...

I use PD for defeat by humans and YK for creatures, but if I am defeated by a creature and the PD chances under Acheron are not 0, nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong?

Config file issue, should be fixed in the next update (coming soon-ish).

One issue I am having with PD on the Robbery event.  I am using OBIS and if robbed by one of the OBIS bandits and teleported away, they often despawn leaving only a quest marker arrow at the spot they despawned.  This makes it impossible to recover any gear they stole.

The other issue I see with the robbery event is that sometimes it kicks off, but unless the whole animation takes place (i.e., you get teleported right away) then it doesn't look like anything was taken.

16 hours ago, WaterRabbit said:

One issue I am having with PD on the Robbery event.  I am using OBIS and if robbed by one of the OBIS bandits and teleported away, they often despawn leaving only a quest marker arrow at the spot they despawned.  This makes it impossible to recover any gear they stole.

I can look into adding some persistence checks for the next update. This is a long-standing Skyrim issue, so the only full workaround might be to have an emergency button in the MCM for recovery (as unfortunately unimmersive as that is).

16 hours ago, WaterRabbit said:

The other issue I see with the robbery event is that sometimes it kicks off, but unless the whole animation takes place (i.e., you get teleported right away) then it doesn't look like anything was taken.

That's Acheron's default event kicking in when PD is unable to start due to certain environmental conditions i.e. location, active quests, followers, etc.

Version 0.4.5 is up (I upload some releases on Discord first hence the version jump). This is mostly fixes and enhancements for various bugs that have been reported. You will need the latest PyramidUtils (v0.2.1 as of writing) before upgrading due to some API changes).

As a general note, I will keep monitoring this thread for critical bugs and fix things accordingly but I'm turning my attention over to a couple of WIP player slavery projects (one of which will integrate with PD and one of which will give the player some solutions to certain problems after being robbed ;).

Edited by ponzipyramid

I upgraded all the plugins at once from the 18th versions to the new ones and the events refuse to update correctly. They duplicate upon loading (Which I think is normal) and when I then try to validate or update the events only the base ones some up none of the plugins. Yeah I tried it more than ones 😜

On 1/30/2024 at 5:57 AM, WaterRabbit said:

I use OBIS and I've had neither of these issues.

8 minutes ago, MellowDrama said:

I upgraded all the plugins at once from the 18th versions to the new ones and the events refuse to update correctly. They duplicate upon loading (Which I think is normal) and when I then try to validate or update the events only the base ones some up none of the plugins. Yeah I tried it more than ones 😜

I've seen this happen when you go from ESP -> ESL or ESL -> ESP on an existing save. Another option is to clean save: remove PD, save, install PD, save.

Edited by ponzipyramid

Issue: unable to move. The camera works, I can draw weapons/attack/cast spells, esc key works, and I can open menus. I just can't move.

Acheron version 1.4.2, Practical Defeat version 0.4.5

Cause: Special case. I got jumped by an apprentice fire mage. He spammed flames and I dual cast firebolt. It hit and cast another.

Mid-flight, I was defeated. After the second firebolt killed him, I stood up and healed myself. Then I figured out I couldn't move.

Save and Reload did not work. I had to go back to an earlier save.

Edited by cheeze_whiz
On 2/3/2024 at 7:59 PM, cheeze_whiz said:

Issue: unable to move. The camera works, I can draw weapons/attack/cast spells, esc key works, and I can open menus. I just can't move.

Acheron version 1.4.2, Practical Defeat version 0.4.5

Cause: Special case. I got jumped by an apprentice fire mage. He spammed flames and I dual cast firebolt. It hit and cast another.

Mid-flight, I was defeated. After the second firebolt killed him, I stood up and healed myself. Then I figured out I couldn't move.

Save and Reload did not work. I had to go back to an earlier save.

I'll add some processing to look for dead enemies and cancel defeat.

7 hours ago, rvhausen said:

Does the StartCrawling function just put you in the default idle state?  I was expecting something more like Naked Defeat's crawl.

Just curious, otherwise working flawlessly.

I'm guessing there's another OAR submod with a higher priority than pd that's overriding the idles. If you know how, I'd try increasing it, otherwise next update will bump that up.

7 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

I'll add some processing to look for dead enemies and cancel defeat.

I'm guessing there's another OAR submod with a higher priority than pd that's overriding the idles. If you know how, I'd try increasing it, otherwise next update will bump that up.

Edit:  Yesss! I set the priority to 1 less than the "PD Arms" value (which happens to be just under all the Devious Device NG values), and now it's working!

Ah, I figured you were overriding the idle.  My first guess was that the character was reverting to whatever state Acheron put it in, but my mod base is Nolvus, so who knows.

I've never done it before, but would I just increase the priority value in the mesh config.json file?  That's basically an arbitrary value relative to whatever other modders have set theirs to, right?

Ty for the reply!

Edited by rvhausen

would it be possible to create a MCM toggle/drop-down to only allow female followers to be passed to FSM/Follower Slavery Mod? i avoid using the FSM feature in this mod because i don't want my male followers getting captured, i love everything this mod does though, it's the best defeat mod i've come across

Edited by akockl2

Hi, I'm playing PD through a modlist but I'm having trouble getting a defeat to start on a tankier character. I dont know much about this mod or archeron but is there a setting I'm missing? I've looked through the settings but I'm not seeing anything. Whenever I die to a human I just die but no struggle scene. Whenever I play on a squishier character, the mod plays as it should.

EDIT: the essential character is selected

Edited by Heppai

Hey great mod! I do have one question though. How do i get this to work with Sanguine Debauchery? I installed everything for SD and the mcm and everything pops up for that, but in the Practical Defeat mcm all the options for SD are still grayed out? 

On 2/11/2024 at 2:18 AM, Heppai said:

Hi, I'm playing PD through a modlist but I'm having trouble getting a defeat to start on a tankier character. I dont know much about this mod or archeron but is there a setting I'm missing? I've looked through the settings but I'm not seeing anything. Whenever I die to a human I just die but no struggle scene. Whenever I play on a squishier character, the mod plays as it should.

EDIT: the essential character is selected

Does death stem from a killmove? If so, try disabling them in Acheron.

9 hours ago, gmanmodz said:

Hey great mod! I do have one question though. How do i get this to work with Sanguine Debauchery? I installed everything for SD and the mcm and everything pops up for that, but in the Practical Defeat mcm all the options for SD are still grayed out? 

Lemme double check that integration.

On 2/10/2024 at 4:47 AM, akockl2 said:

would it be possible to create a MCM toggle/drop-down to only allow female followers to be passed to FSM/Follower Slavery Mod? i avoid using the FSM feature in this mod because i don't want my male followers getting captured, i love everything this mod does though, it's the best defeat mod i've come across

Yep.

Edited by ponzipyramid
38 minutes ago, zergface said:

What are the correct settings to trigger an assault, i only keep getting robbed, sometimes the struggle animations play, the characted get tied up and thats it. Even changing the % tabs does nothing. 

There's likely something wrong with your SL setup. If you can post a script log, I'll take a look.

No need, you were correct, i reset SL to default and now animations trigger, its been years since i used SL since i moved to OstimSA. Btw is it intentional that I can move while being tied up? My character wiggles like a little worm, it actually really funny to watch.

Are equipped spells being included in weapon stripping (scene start not combat stripping)?

I had a defeat event start, ran though correctly, and was given a DD on release (some sort of wrist bindings, Prisoner Cuffs or some such).  After release, DD was correctly blocking me from re-equipping my armor and weapon, however my attack spell from before the scene was still equipped and useable in my left hand.