A little help please

A got Skyrim 1.597 (people said to go for it) and after a few days of donwloading mods and tweaking, realized that this version didn't have fish.esm and a few other dependencies that some mods (for example AIO female monsters) required.

So I bought Skyrim on steam, installed it, downgraded it to 1.5.97, applied mods...and now the game doesn't start and LOOT (from MO2) complains that USSEP is not for the right version (I got no such error before, which confuses the hell out of me, it's he same patch and the same game version???) I have wasted days and I'm ready to put a gun to my head.

Can someone tell me which version to go for?

EDIT: Also, anyone else having issues downlaoding the ENB? I suspect it's something on my end, but I tried several browsers and I get no DL links. Page is..weird.

Edited by Soronarr
Vor einer Stunde sagte Soronarr:

Ich bekam Skyrim 1.597 (die Leute sagten, ich solle mich dafür entscheiden) und nach ein paar Tagen des Herunterladens von Mods und Optimierens wurde mir klar, dass diese Version nicht über fish.esm und ein paar andere Abhängigkeiten verfügte, die einige Mods (z. B. weibliche AIO-Monster) erforderten .

Also habe ich Skyrim auf Steam gekauft, es installiert, auf 1.5.97 heruntergestuft, Mods angewendet ... und jetzt startet das Spiel nicht und LOOT (von MO2) beschwert sich, dass USSEP nicht für die richtige Version ist (ich habe keine solche). Fehler vor, der mich völlig verwirrt, es ist derselbe Patch und die gleiche Spielversion???) Ich habe Tage verschwendet und bin bereit, mir eine Waffe an den Kopf zu halten.

Kann mir jemand sagen, welche Version ich nehmen soll?

EDIT: Hat sonst noch jemand Probleme beim Herunterladen der ENB? Ich vermute, es liegt an mir selbst, aber ich habe mehrere Browser ausprobiert und erhalte keine DL-Links. Die Seite ist ... seltsam.

who are these people - who told you this? Did you get these tips here from the forum?

6 hours ago, Soronarr said:

Also, just validating Steam files should restore the binary to the right version, right?

Yes. And any automatic update will do it too. Which is why, regardless of downgrading or not, you should set your Steam updates to only when you play the game and disallow background downloads. That way as long as you use the SKSE exe to launch the game instead of starting it directly from Steam your game won't update without you knowing.

6 hours ago, Soronarr said:

Which Skyrim version should I use?

It entirely depends on what you want. Staying on any version will require you to look for mods compatible with said version, there's no easy way around this. I'd say staying on an old version at the moment seems like extra work since most mods have been converted or released for the latest exe version and will continue doing so, while support for 1.5.97 is going away.

And note that regardless of downgrading or not, you can have the CC content in any version of the game you want, there's the full downgrade (which also removes CC files) and best of both, which downgrades your executable so you can still use 1.5.97 mods while keeping your CC files.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't listen to people that say to downgrade, they don't realize how broken the old mods are that are rarely ever updated. 

Follow this simple guide to learn how to mod Skyrim Anniversary edition, its the updated version of the game and has a lot of mods that have been updated to it.