Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2024 at 2:39 PM, Minatoet said:

Trailer for Zelda: Gone Wild | Tears of Ecstasy

The trailer for the upcoming mod release is live. Our mod Team has collaborated to form Studio Shigeki.

Anyone interested in supporting us and our efforts to work in this amazing and delightfully lewd project can do so at the Patreon linked below. There you can see even more updates and vote on some aspects of the mod progress and outfits we create.

Thank you all for your interest and a very special thanks to those who choose to support us so that we may dedicate more time to this project.

And so everyone knows, while there will be many exciting patreon rewards and community opportunities, the final mod will be a free release.

Studio Shigeki Patreon for Zelda:Gone Wild | Tears of Ecstasy

*the embedded video is not the full trailer. 

Looks amazing ! I hope it will release soon ! :3

• 3 weeks later...

So is there a feature list somewhere of all what will be in Tears of Ecstasy when it comes out? Like I get it's a Zelda mod with a lot of lewd costumes, nudity and maybe some animations but I don't really have a full scope of what all it will be.

36 minutes ago, untestedpower said:

So is there a feature list somewhere of all what will be in Tears of Ecstasy when it comes out? Like I get it's a Zelda mod with a lot of lewd costumes, nudity and maybe some animations but I don't really have a full scope of what all it will be.

Link went for milk and Zelda had to fill in.

On 3/14/2024 at 7:45 PM, untestedpower said:

Apparently it will even have map changes and animated sex... 🙈 Seems like a very big project 😱

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2024 at 6:31 AM, Sophistz said:

Did they make totk mods illegal?

Mods are legal and Emulators like yuzu too. if they wouldn't have restricted the newest versions to patreon, making it necessary to pay to play totk around launch on it and brabbing about the money they made and the player numbers nintendo wouldn't have had a chance. even so they probably would have won but couldn't afford lawyers to fight such a powerful company as nintendo.

Mods and emulators are legal. Roms, on the other hand, are not. But it would be kinda like making guns legal, but bullets illegal. A guns only made to do one thing, but its fine till you grab bullets for it, in this case. Nintendo in particular has always had a burning hate of the emulator and rom market, which I theorize is part of why they went with 3d (3DS) and motion controls (Wii, Wii-U, Switch), WAY harder to pirate and copy. The dummy locking it behind a paywall gave them the excuse they have been begging for for years now to pursue. He's technically in the clear, unless he ALSO is a source of roms and offering links to files of his he hosted. That said, non-companies can't win lawsuits against a company unless group-funded.

On 4/6/2024 at 2:07 PM, lindazana said:

Mods and emulators are legal. Roms, on the other hand, are not. But it would be kinda like making guns legal, but bullets illegal. A guns only made to do one thing, but its fine till you grab bullets for it, in this case. Nintendo in particular has always had a burning hate of the emulator and rom market, which I theorize is part of why they went with 3d (3DS) and motion controls (Wii, Wii-U, Switch), WAY harder to pirate and copy. The dummy locking it behind a paywall gave them the excuse they have been begging for for years now to pursue. He's technically in the clear, unless he ALSO is a source of roms and offering links to files of his he hosted. That said, non-companies can't win lawsuits against a company unless group-funded.

Well said :)

But don't forget that you can legally play a game where you own the rom or the license on an Emulator. Yuzu also made the error, that they mentioned how many people played BEFORE launch. Hence the only way so many people could play the game prior to the official release would be piracy.

But I think modders should always make their mods open source and not claim pseudo copyrights on them to be safe. If you are modify the game without authorization, how dare you restrict people from modifying your modifications? xD

Except, of course, if they have a deal with the producing company like many games on steam or xbox. In skyrim for example modders can earn money and the producers receive a share. 

...Apparently Sockpoppet is still working on the major Zelda mod of his for this game...taking an eternity, though.

That said, how easy is it to mod the Switch these days after with what Nintendo did due to Yuzu? A lot of the software/tools were also taken down making things extra difficult.

11 hours ago, Joeynator3000 said:

...Apparently Sockpoppet is still working on the major Zelda mod of his for this game...taking an eternity, though.

That said, how easy is it to mod the Switch these days after with what Nintendo did due to Yuzu? A lot of the software/tools were also taken down making things extra difficult.

Of Course, that's true 🤔

But damn, Zelda should had her nude mod since the day first game released !

Edited by James39
12 hours ago, Joeynator3000 said:

The tools are still avaiable almost everywhere.

And modding has never been so easy.

You can mod a lot more and easier in totk than in botw.

The problem is that instead of a lot of small projects many modders gathered and produce very big time consuming mods with restricted access to betas and alphas.

That not only increases the waiting time and the risk of it never releasing, but also the attention of nintendo. especially when generating money with it.

2 hours ago, Aphrody said:

The tools are still avaiable almost everywhere.

And modding has never been so easy.

You can mod a lot more and easier in totk than in botw.

The problem is that instead of a lot of small projects many modders gathered and produce very big time consuming mods with restricted access to betas and alphas.

That not only increases the waiting time and the risk of it never releasing, but also the attention of nintendo. especially when generating money with it.

Yeah, I'm kinda annoyed that people are pay walling some of this stuff, I'm pretty sure that's the main reason that Yuzu was shut down.

But anyways yeah I figured the tools would become a nightmare to find at this point, especially updated ones since you have to constantly keep them updated in order for them to work.

17 hours ago, Joeynator3000 said:

Hey there, I'm one of the beta testers for the mod. Currently, vital tools that are needed for the development of the mod are not quite available yet, meaning that some tools that are needed for more advanced parts of the mod are being developed as well. Of course, it isn't like this has halted the production completely. There are still regular updates being released, but once these are available it allows the team to finalize and tweak any parts of the mod that would benefit from them. Aside from our mod though, I believe TKMM is the main mod manager for TotK, but has been halted as of late due to some life issues affecting the creators, though I'd imagine development will continue sooner rather than later. 

There's still no release date yet, but you can stay tuned and get sneak peeks from various platforms, such as our TikTok (linked above in a prior comment.)

1 minute ago, Grymbels said:

Hey there, I'm one of the beta testers for the mod. Currently, vital tools that are needed for the development of the mod are not quite available yet, meaning that some tools that are needed for more advanced parts of the mod are being developed as well. Of course, it isn't like this has halted the production completely. There are still regular updates being released, but once these are available it allows the team to finalize and tweak any parts of the mod that would benefit from them. Aside from our mod though, I believe TKMM is the main mod manager for TotK, but has been halted as of late due to some life issues affecting the creators, though I'd imagine development will continue sooner rather than later. 

There's still no release date yet, but you can stay tuned and get sneak peeks from various platforms, such as our TikTok (linked above in a prior comment.)

Well by tools I meant the stuff used for the Switch itself. Since they were targeted alongside the takedown of Yuzu, and I usually run my mods on the Switch itself.

Just now, Joeynator3000 said:

Well by tools I meant the stuff used for the Switch itself. Since they were targeted alongside the takedown of Yuzu, and I usually run my mods on the Switch itself.

Ah. In that case, I'm not too sure I'm afraid, although I don't think I've heard of anything being taken down other than Yuzu but I don't really pay much attention towards the switch modding scene as a whole. The basic things that you need though such as Atmosphere and Hekate and the sort are still good though, if that's what you're referring to. 

57 minutes ago, Grymbels said:

Ah. In that case, I'm not too sure I'm afraid, although I don't think I've heard of anything being taken down other than Yuzu but I don't really pay much attention towards the switch modding scene as a whole. The basic things that you need though such as Atmosphere and Hekate and the sort are still good though, if that's what you're referring to. 

Those two, that...Tegru...ui thing...and I think something else...and they were all dmca'ed by Nintendo. >.<

13 hours ago, Joeynator3000 said:

Those two, that...Tegru...ui thing...and I think something else...and they were all dmca'ed by Nintendo. >.<

No, everything is fine.

It was only on one website that hosted it, but there are multiple sites.

Even from yuzu there are multiple spinoffs.

Because it was opensource.

Everyone had access to its code and can modify, evolve or alter it.

It lives on in multiple new projects.

Also modifying the switch and using homebrew is legal, as long as people dont charge for it.

Nintendo might get some countries to take some of it down, but there are so many countries that protect consumer rights that they cant eradicate it without forcing multiple countries to change their laws.

In Europe they might even be affected by a new law that forces big companies that have a monopol to open up their closed ecosystems.

(Like Apple, Microsoft and Google)

Should Nintendo become affected they would be forced to offer other digital stores like the homebrew app store in their eshop so that users can legally install homebrew stuff, mods ect. and they have no rights to ban them etc. for using it.