Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

https://techcrunch.com/2024/03/07/europes-dma-rules-for-big-tech-explained/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAG-pCmVx5LTy9tNFgf9pz_N2R05kP7FWlT_iCHscTAeJuUs0xiUYzEGzp_hRvK7KYBZqb4bmaJov_ThIERDqEPhPi9Z9X2eRfg0H-Fe072ZCo1LGwiBiwT9yTnjesGYVNghxkCqHCtvt0tgM_iSQ8Vmh0eEJcZRHAplm3MZdkmbT

Should it at some point affect nintendo, we could just release a "Mod marketplace" and "Emulator store" officially in nintendos e-shop. And we could not be banned for using it. Other companies like netflix or disney+ could also offer their streaming services on switch without having to pay a very big fee :3

9 hours ago, J lewd 7u7 said:

some tools or software are shutting down 
that's why I said better release the N mod soon 
just a skin mod 
and that's it 🙃

what is shutting down ? nothing is shutting down ? 😅 But yeah, a lot of smaller mods would be safer and quicker. Making them open source would be the safest.

On 4/14/2024 at 12:27 AM, J lewd 7u7 said:

some tools or software are shutting down 
that's why I said better release the N mod soon 
just a skin mod 
and that's it 🙃

Please stop with the doom and gloom bullshit. Nothing is shutting down. The only tool/software that is remotely close to that definition is TKMM. Which is on Hiatus because it's developers are highschool/college kids and they bite off way more then they could chew right in the middle of exam season. So, the mod manager (TKMM) won't be finished till they are done with school this summer.

That is the ONLY known "shut down" in the Tears of the Kingdom modding community. All critical zelda projects are in full development, master mode, etc.

Like I said, I was saying what I've read somewhere, but apparently my current version of the TegraROM GUI thing still works, and I was still able to find and update Atmosphere and Hekate (or however you spell them, lol) so....whatever I guess.

On 4/16/2024 at 6:43 PM, Joeynator3000 said:

Like I said, I was saying what I've read somewhere, but apparently my current version of the TegraROM GUI thing still works, and I was still able to find and update Atmosphere and Hekate (or however you spell them, lol) so....whatever I guess.

You probably read some clickbait 😅 exaggeration always generates more views. and fake news too... Fact is: everything we do here is legal. it might not please Nintendo and they can use their fortunes to make is as uncomfortable as possible to modders and Emulators but they have no legal rights against it. well except if someone claims rights on mods of course. 

On 3/21/2024 at 10:11 AM, Aphrody said:

Apparently it will even have map changes and animated sex... 🙈 Seems like a very big project 😱

Yo, mind telling me where they posted about that? I can't find anything about it, sorry for being a bit too cynical, but is experience at this point

On 4/16/2024 at 12:43 PM, Joeynator3000 said:

Never heard of the saying, "don't always believe what you read on the internet?"

I just wish previews weren't behind a paywall as well. It's kinda outrageous that even previews for mods are being monetized as well. Makes me pretty sus of mod even coming out to the public

They could just work on it in private and not give any previews if that would make you happier. Not like you've seen seeing behind the scenes development of the next Zelda game or any other game that isn't also putting out some marketing for $.

It'll be free when it's done.

3 hours ago, haruz said:

I just wish previews weren't behind a paywall as well. It's kinda outrageous that even previews for mods are being monetized as well. Makes me pretty sus of mod even coming out to the public

I've been trying to check that...kemono site thing where I can see their patreon posts without having to pay...but even that stopped updating. *sighs*

if you follow them on patreon without paying you should get an invite to their discord which has activity even a non paying member can see. they did a stream on tiktok today that i didnt watch much of but they were flying around in a bikini made of leaves

12 hours ago, haruz said:

Trust me, it'll be released to the public. They are doing Patreon just to give them some money considering how expansive the mod is. They are doing a SHIT LOAD of work to the game. Hell their team has written pretty much every tool for the community in order to manipulate the game files because their mod is so expansive. They've had to make the tools in order to continue making the mod. So with all that time and energy, of course they need SOME monetary compensation.

Also, like @hilbo75 said - you can always join their discord. They share stuff there. They did a tiktok as he said. But they also did a Patreon NSFW stream as well. I didn't watch it as I already have beta access. So I can wait till the next beta drops to see the current content being worked on. But still. for those who don't have that. It's another way to keep up with the project.