Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

On 7/22/2023 at 12:21 PM, EighthImpact said:

I'm good with being patient and checking back when the betas hammer out enough bugs to release wide.

After Purah / Link  / Zelda are hammered out, who is likely the next target (even if not playable)? Probably Riju, as others like Josha are less loved. Curious if cutscenes are real-time and could do something to Queen Sonia. Probably the easiest mod not yet done is swapping the character profile images with lewd versions.

No clue, he hasn't said anything. He was to essentially create a linkle mod but for Zelda. (The Ballad of Zelda for BOTW IIRC but for TOTK) So that alone is going to take a LONG time. So there's no point in creating a massive to do list for yourself and outline other characters you may want to do when you have such a massive project in front of you.

Edited by Hakufu1021
On 7/29/2023 at 12:53 PM, Joeynator3000 said:

Yeah I keep checking on Sockpoppet's stuff and, he's not really doing anything interesting right now. :c

Just cosplay/NPC stuff.

Sockpuppet is also working on the Zelda mod. Apparently it's a collab effort. That's why he's gone silent. He updated his Patreon about it like a week ago or so.

On 8/1/2023 at 12:17 PM, Frey T. said:

TotK uses new assets and they can't just move all of the old mods over. They have to make a new Linkle, new Zelda (which is almost done), and then they'll churn out the content.

I know that. yet it seems like it's quite easy to port models and the animations seem to adjust automatically to the size difference, for the most part. I didn't say to port the linkle mod from botw, just port her model directly from hyrule warriors. as an outfit for example.

And concerning her botw mod. many inexperienced people ported it privately already. if there wasn't this unlogic restriction on mod sites that it's not allowed  to modify mods without consent, yet that's what we do with the actual game, there would be a dozen unofficial ports of linkle available already.

Edited by Aphrody
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Frey T. said:

My guess is another month just to finalize everything out, but I'm no insider so your guess is as good as mine.

I do not see it being completed in a month. You can join the discord for the updates shared outside the private dev beta channels. 

While all beta tester slots are filled and we are not seeking any new ones.

We are looking for a 3D animator and/or traditional animator for collaboration on the project.

The accepted animators would gain access to the project and be able to play the in progress mod.

Reach out if interested within the discord.

I’m “@mina”