[German] Translation for some LoversLab Mods

LORDofDOOM

Hi,

I'm currently translating some Mods. I'll update this Thread if I have new files.

If any author don't want a translation please let me know :-)

Private Needs 2.11 (inkl. SkyUI Menu):

German PrivateNeeds 2.11.7z

SexLab Paycrime 1.03:

German SexLab_Paycrime_1.03.7z

Hentai Milk Mod 1.1 (Heartfire Version):

German HentaiMilk_HEARTHFIRE.7z

Procreation 1.1a (without MCM -> See my posting):

German Procreation v1.1a.7z

Spectator Crowds 0.70b (without MCM -> BSA, only some options):

German MF_SpectatorCrowds_v07b.7z

Hope someone find it useful :-)

------------------------------------------------

Changelog:

2014-01-02: Update "MF_SpectatorCrowds" to v07b

2014-01-02: Update "Private needs" to 2.11

2013-09-15: Add Spectator Crowds 0.50b -> MCM in BSA, not translated

2013-09-12: Add Procreation v1.1a -> PSC files translated and compiled -> Error in MCM Menu (untranslated)

2013-09-11: Add Hentai Milk Mod 1.1 (Heartfire Version) -> PSC files translated and compiled

2013-09-11: Add source files to "Private needs", merge some better translations from CGi :-)

2013-09-11: Add source files "SexLab Paycrime"

Private Nededs is already available in german, just burried in the thread, as it's not uploaded to the mods download page.

if you're now going to translate every new version, i'll leave it to you, so the author don't has to deal with different translations.

Nooo^^ - OK my fault -> Don't see the thread ;-)

Do you (or the moderators) see any option to "bundle" german translations into a dedicated Topic or a "Translations" Download section ? This whould make it easier to find translations and prevent double translations (like this^^)

Your translation looks more complete than mine (RND, Pure Waters...). If you want please continue your work - I'll work on other files - there are so many useful mods here that needs a translation :-)

BTW: I translate german "Du" to "Ihr" oder "euch" - It's IMHO more realistic for a medieval environment. Only for Info :-)

Is there any interest for the .sst files ?

i actually translated almost every mod here, i just don't update as often as i would like to, so having finally someone else who steps in, helping translating mods in to german, is great.

My translation for PN only covers the 3 ESPs, the PureWater thingy is an edited script, but i explained that in that post. i didn't dl your translation, so i don't know if you translated all 3 ESPs, or not.

About the translation for "You": i always got a hard time with this, as i prefer to translate it to "Du", for followers and dialogue with friends. For dialogue with Jarls, Masters and so on, i go with "Ihr" and "Euer" as well. But most of the time, i translate a mod, i didn't play it far enough, to be able to know, which case is more appropriate, so i'll fix that in new translations for new mod versions. Not to mention, that there's no real gender specific dialogue in english, so the translation of SexLab Romance was a nightmare, trying to find a neutral way to translate stuff.

What i always translate to "You", are MCM translations, as i prefer to speak to the user in a less formal way.

Not to mention, that the whole game, it feels like my little Dragonborne is not more, than a slave to the people, looking at the way they order her around and command her to do stuff (i really spend 10 minutes on Delphine, keeping her in bleed-out state with only my toons claws ^^), so using a less formal translation, eases that up a bit, imo.

i don't know, if your german translations are better than mine, but i know, that my translations are not as good, as i want them to be.

This leads to the possibility, to offer multiple translations, so the german player can choose. But on the other hand: that's bullshit. ^^
German mod users should be happy with what they get and instead of applying typical german complaining, just report errors in the translation ... what is not happening here. -.- German players are not even requesting here.

But what i know: My english, even tho it's pretty bad, is better then yours. :P LET THE FLAMEWAR BEGiN!!! ^^

And nope, no interesst in your SST files, as for my private use, i already translated every SL mod and most non-SL mods, that you can find here.

i just don't upload every translation, at least not instantly. So ya, my SST library is pretty big.

And for what a seperate DL section for translations? PM the author of a mod and/or upload it to the mods thread. if the author finds the time/is interessted, he'll add it to the mods dl page. if he doesn't, for w/e reason, just let the upload get burried in the thread. Less to care about, as your work was done with offering/uploading the translation. The rest is up to the mod authors decission.

As you may have noticed by the post from the author of PN, he is aware of the available translations. i guess it's the same with other mod authors, that didn't add a translation to the mods dl page, so there's no need to bother them, or asking them to add it to the dl page.

So no matter what's the case, it's better to have the download for translations on the mods (dl) page. But that's my opinion. if a mod author really supports a translator, like dkatryl recently did, he'll let you know, if he added it, so you can delete the possible attachement. No need to spam the servers.

P.s.: Thinking about uploading the updated german translations for SD, EC, AE and a few other mods, but i'm waiting for you, so we don't upload translations twice.

What you don't need to translate, is SexTreme LS, as i already send the author the updated translations for V2.10 and are now waiting for the next version.

i actually translated almost every mod here, i just don't update as often as i would like to, so having finally someone else who steps in, helping translating mods in to german, is great.

My translation for PN only covers the 3 ESPs, the PureWater thingy is an edited script, but i explained that in that post. i didn't dl your translation, so i don't know if you translated all 3 ESPs, or not.

About the translation for "You": i always got a hard time with this, as i prefer to translate it to "Du", for followers and dialogue with friends. For dialogue with Jarls, Masters and so on, i go with "Ihr" and "Euer" as well. But most of the time, i translate a mod, i didn't play it far enough, to be able to know, which case is more appropriate, so i'll fix that in new translations for new mod versions. Not to mention, that there's no real gender specific dialogue in english, so the translation of SexLab Romance was a nightmare, trying to find a neutral way to translate stuff.

What i always translate to "You", are MCM translations, as i prefer to speak to the user in a less formal way.

Not to mention, that the whole game, it feels like my little Dragonborne is not more, than a slave to the people, looking at the way they order her around and command her to do stuff (i really spend 10 minutes on Delphine, keeping her in bleed-out state with only my toons claws ^^), so using a less formal translation, eases that up a bit, imo.

i don't know, if your german translations are better than mine, but i know, that my translations are not as good, as i want them to be.

This leads to the possibility, to offer multiple translations, so the german player can choose. But on the other hand: that's bullshit. ^^

German mod users should be happy with what they get and instead of applying typical german complaining, just report errors in the translation ... what is not happening here. -.- German players are not even requesting here.

But what i know: My english, even tho it's pretty bad, is better then yours. :P LET THE FLAMEWAR BEGiN!!! ^^

And nope, no interesst in your SST files, as for my private use, i already translated every SL mod and most non-SL mods, that you can find here.

i just don't upload every translation, at least not instantly. So ya, my SST library is pretty big.

And for what a seperate DL section for translations? PM the author of a mod and/or upload it to the mods thread. if the author finds the time/is interessted, he'll add it to the mods dl page. if he doesn't, for w/e reason, just let the upload get burried in the thread. Less to care about, as your work was done with offering/uploading the translation. The rest is up to the mod authors decission.

As you may have noticed by the post from the author of PN, he is aware of the available translations. i guess it's the same with other mod authors, that didn't add a translation to the mods dl page, so there's no need to bother them, or asking them to add it to the dl page.

So no matter what's the case, it's better to have the download for translations on the mods (dl) page. But that's my opinion. if a mod author really supports a translator, like dkatryl recently did, he'll let you know, if he added it, so you can delete the possible attachement. No need to spam the servers.

P.s.: Thinking about uploading the updated german translations for SD, EC, AE and a few other mods, but i'm waiting for you, so we don't upload translations twice.

What you don't need to translate, is SexTreme LS, as i already send the author the updated translations for V2.10 and are now waiting for the next version.

Great to hear :-) Can you upload your files somewhere ?

The "Du" and "Ihr" Situation: I think any original character will use "ihr" or "euch". Guards are saying "Ihr habt Verbrechen gegen... gegangen". Don't remember any content use "Du" as salutation... But it's possible that I'm wrong - It's a long time ago I played unmodded Skyrim ;-)

Thank you

In the medieval age even childs called their parents with a formal address like "Ihr" and "Euch". Though, there are sources where ppl close to each other used the informal address like "Du". But most stay to the first version and do not differentiate between formal and informal address.

The Skyrim setting let all ppl address with the formal version regardless of their relationship. It actually sounds very funny when your spouse addresses you formal. On the other hand Bioware Games do put the relationship into account, for example.

That's my problem. No german players request here nor do they make suggestions, on how to improve a translation, so my translations are solely based on my taste.
Like i said: Officials (like guards), Jarls, Masters, Children and such are having formal dialogue, while i use less formal/non-formal dialogue for followers, friends, spouses and MCM menues.

And i would like to stick to that, due to the mentioned reason, that the game feels like, the Dragonborn is everyones toy and having my toon speak non-formal, while they speak formal, solves that "problem" a bit.

But if you two really want to go with formal dialogue, i'll switch, to keep translations seemless. Just let me know.

@LORDofDOOM: You want all my SST files or the translated plugins? in case of the plugins: Direct translations or string file versions?

i actually would like to introduce a standard for translation, as i prefer string files. Let me know, what you 2 think.

P.s.: Will be hard to convince a mod author, to switch over to string files, so integrating string support will be up to the translator.

You could have made requests and suggestions in the thread of a mod, to show that the german community is active and caring.

Not to mention, that i offered german players to contact me, if a translation for a mod is needed/wanted.

Thought so, after speaking with a friend from estonia.
Most languages are more complicated if it comes down to gender specific dialogue and on how to adress people.
Maybe we should try to establish a semi standard for translations, by either using pure formal or by going the way i went, where friends and co are addressed non-formal, together with people, that command the player around, like Delphine (man, i hate this woman).

Ok, this is a really interesting conversation. And I agree, establishing a standard for conversations is a good intention.A poor quaility translation can kill your mood if it is too different to the dialogues you hear from the vanilla game. At least it feels kinda disturbing.

I can speak only for the German language since I don't know how Bedestha handled dialogues in other languages. The following is a list, what I would suggest as a standard for translations:

• No matter what, all people including childs will be addressed formal
  • Your own thoughts or monologues to yourself will be addressed informal
  • MCM mod config will be addressed informal or avoided at all ( I don't find the right word now), for example instead of "Hier kannst Du etwas einstellen" it will be called "Hier kann man etwas einstellen"

Let's wait, for what LORDofDOOM and people of other countries (if they participate) decide. The majority wins. ^^ As for german, we three decide, if no german players make suggestions.
As for MCM: Hard task, looking at Defeats MCM menu or the one from SD. So instead of killing the adressing of the player, we can go with formal (so it sounds more official) or non-formal, bringing the mod closer to the player.

P.s.: Spouses really should use non-formal. Else the player would feel like their master. Ok, some may like that... ^^

Mod config settings are ooc (out of character) so you want to address them informal as this has been established as a standard in games. In fact I remember not one game in the at least in the last 10 years who addresses you formal.

So instead of killing the adressing of the player, we can go with formal

That is one of the big differences between English and German. You are used to use alot of verbs and rarely use nouns. Here it is a bit different. While verbs tend to need to address someone in one form or another we can go around it and use nouns instead. The meaning would be the same, just that you generalized it regardless of gender or addresses. But to make things not too complicated, addressing someone informal will do the trick :)

You have a point with spouses. Same applies to children, I would say. So yes, I don't like it much, when my spouse or children addresses me formal. On the other hand it is how it is in the vanilla game. So what can be done? Ignore the vanilla game dialogues or not?

I don't think it's really important to standardize everything, it'up to the translator to decide if he uses formal or not. It could be more interesting to tell mod authors to create different forms sometimes even if it's not justified in english (another frequent problem is that french makes a difference between masculine and feminine and english does not. Example : you're pretty---> tu es beau/belle. I don't know about german, but in this case it could be nice to create two forms to help the translators : ) 

We can do differentiate between masculine and feminine but it is not required. That is more of a problem of the CK. In some forms you can explicitly differ between male/female like in the faction form but you have no option to do this in dialogue forms.

I also have that problem in my mod which gives me trouble, regardless of the language, since I want to specify more personal dialogues. For example "Sir, do you need something?" and "Miss, do you need something?" Right now it seems I have to create two dialogue branches to get around that problem since I have not seen an option to simple replace strings in the dialogue.

That's my problem. No german players request here nor do they make suggestions, on how to improve a translation, so my translations are solely based on my taste.

Like i said: Officials (like guards), Jarls, Masters, Children and such are having formal dialogue, while i use less formal/non-formal dialogue for followers, friends, spouses and MCM menues.

And i would like to stick to that, due to the mentioned reason, that the game feels like, the Dragonborn is everyones toy and having my toon speak non-formal, while they speak formal, solves that "problem" a bit.

But if you two really want to go with formal dialogue, i'll switch, to keep translations seemless. Just let me know.

@LORDofDOOM: You want all my SST files or the translated plugins? in case of the plugins: Direct translations or string file versions?

i actually would like to introduce a standard for translation, as i prefer string files. Let me know, what you 2 think.

P.s.: Will be hard to convince a mod author, to switch over to string files, so integrating string support will be up to the translator.

I have bundled the .sst files into the "Source" Folder of my translations - That's the easiest way if anyone don't like my translation in special cases and want to modify if himself (e.g. more "dirty talk"^^)

String files are IMHO the better option (smaller files) if the mod author supports it... For users I think .esp (direct translation) files are easier to handle (because they know what to to with this files). IMHO It's better to use the "traditional" way with .esp and .sst because there is no need to direct support from authors...

Do you and Heromaster support the Idea to open a thread with a collation of all German translations we've made (or other German users if we find any^^) ? I hate to seach though hundred posts to find a updated version ;-) - My Idea is: One of us open the main thread, any translation will be posted into this thread and the topic starter change the start topic if new files arrive (with changelog) -> This files will be posted as reply in this thread and linked from main topic. What do you think about this ?

To the formal/informal situation:

IMHO the formal translation feels more "integrated" into the world of Skyrim. I've setup a vanilla version and run some hours around - Any NPC use formal salutation (inkl. spouse). Also the translations from http://www.scharesoft.de (big german Skyrim Community, makers of "Directors Cut" Version) use formal translations. +1 from me for formal versions :-)

i already translated RP V0.61b. V0.60b must be my old translation ... i guess.

As for the central download point, for translations: i'm out, at this. i'll always add the translation to the mods page, so the author can put it, where it belongs: next to the original mod.

And as for the adressing of people: i guess we go all the way vanilla then. Fine with me.

Maybe we should ask the authors of RP, Submit, Defeat and any other mod, to make gender specific dialogue, no matter if it's the same sentence in english, as it for sure isn't in german and french.

And i'll not upload any translation, as LORDofDOOM seems to be eager to do this job. i'll just wait and see for a few days and pickup whats left.

Need to redo my translations anyway, to make them completly formal.

And no, i don't add my SSTs to the translations. Not my mod, so i won't add anything.

I've translated Procreation but have a bug in the MCM Translation (papyrus script) -> \Script\source\ProCConfigMCM.psc -> Some strings are working other don't work... Can't find the reason. If I compile my german version everythings looks fine but into game only some MCM entrys are translated, other are not tranlated... I've searched for the english strings that MCM show me but can't find anything into the sources...

Any Idea for this ?

I've added my translation into the download (first post -> \Script\source\ProCConfigMCM.psc.german into the 7z) 

Don't translate scripts with TESVTranslator, as it's still experimental.

if you have to translate a script, edit the (hopefully) available source and compile it, when you're done.

How you compile it, is up to you. You can use the CK or the commandline tool. i prefer the latter.

Don't translate scripts with TESVTranslator, as it's still experimental.

if you have to translate a script, edit the (hopefully) available source and compile it, when you're done.

How you compile it, is up to you. You can use the CK or the commandline tool. i prefer the latter.

I have translated the scripts with Notepad++ - The compile works fine. The problem is, that some strings are still in english (but these stings are translated, I check the files for the english string but can't find anything...)

Thank you very much for the translations :-) Downloading now :-)

Multiple scripts = multiple possibilties for strings.
Check all scripts.

Even tho, i don't recommend translating scripts.
it's somehow ok to translate an MCM menue, but i would suggest you wait for the author, to utilize translation files.
As for other script output, it's best to leave it as it is. Not worth the effort and blows up the translation.

Archived