On 4/25/2023 at 1:04 AM, kylorayker said:

Thank you for the in-depth explanation, that was actually very instructive. Very appreciated. ?

I don't think it's worth trying to make a whole separate patch for the few small items I have seen that have this as the case, but not knowing what I don't know I figured it was worth the ask. I've been mostly working off that assumption, but it's nice to have things verified for sure.

I wasn't able to see anything this morning while I was searching around (but I wasn't looking terribly hard for the .ini files) for the DLC's, but I did make these. They were actually pretty quick, not nearly as many records as the vanilla game, obviously. DLC ones are for FG vanilla items only, no replacers. Other .ini's are for mods I don't see in rubber_duck's repository. They are not all lewd, but seeing as I have them in game and am using SAKR, it's better if it doesn't see me as nekkid while I'm wearing them. This is what I've been doing in the background all day while I've been at "work". lol

DLCCoast.ini 3.73 kB · 14 downloads DLCNukaWorld.ini 9.9 kB · 14 downloads DLCRobot.ini 418 B · 16 downloads DLCworkshop03.ini 1.25 kB · 12 downloads Colorful_Wit_FG.ini 800 B · 4 downloads Crimson_Punk_Outfit.ini 906 B · 3 downloads DX Commonwealth Mini Dresses.ini 1.64 kB · 4 downloads DX Commonwealth Shorts.ini 10.89 kB · 4 downloads DX Vault Girl Shorts.ini 3.94 kB · 3 downloads DX_Atom_Girl_Outfit.ini 1.97 kB · 3 downloads el_precursorsuit.ini 466 B · 1 download Kharneth_RE_Jill_Outfit.ini 391 B · 0 downloads Lacy Underwear.ini 1.66 kB · 5 downloads Sporty Underwear.ini 2.11 kB · 3 downloads VtawHalfLifeAlyx.ini 426 B · 0 downloads

Did I understand correctly that the dlc ini*s is for the vanilla clothing, so no skimpy keywords but the keyword for fullTop, fullPants and fullArmor contain?
If so there is also for Fallout, for this I have so far only seen a version for CCO Replacer, and that is certainly skimpy?

Edited by N.Gamma
9 hours ago, N.Gamma said:

Did I understand correctly that the dlc ini*s is for the vanilla clothing, so no skimpy keywords but the keyword for fullTop, fullPants and fullArmor contain?
If so there is also for Fallout, for this I have so far only seen a version for CCO Replacer, and that is certainly skimpy?

Yes, these .ini files are for vanilla DLC clothing. Well, the FG bodyslide version that I have of them, which I'm 99.9% sure doesn't actually change the outfits themselves. There are a couple, particularly in the NukaWorld DLC, that use different keywords but generally they are fullTop and fullPants. Definitely nothing listed as skimpy though. An earlier post I had in this thread had the .ini file for the base game vanilla outfits.

Edited by kylorayker

I love your tool, it makes it so easy to add the keywords to a clothing mod without having to make entries in the esp with xedit. Thank you so much for this.

Could you maybe add a function to the tool?
The function I would like to have is when I have a crv file open, to be able to read an existing ini file of the same mod as a reference to be able to make any updates or changes without having to completely recreate the ini.

2 hours ago, N.Gamma said:

I love your tool, it makes it so easy to add the keywords to a clothing mod without having to make entries in the esp with xedit. Thank you so much for this.

The function I would like to have is when I have a crv file open, to be able to read an existing ini file of the same mod as a reference to be able to make any updates or changes without having to completely recreate the ini.

Yeah, I kinda figured as you started your own 'repository' with patches :) I'm glad you like it, tho! Thanks for the kind words!

Yes - I plan to implement something similar to functionality you described. It would allow the user to make changes on the go without needing to export data from xEdit again and repeat everything.

The good news? It shouldn't be that hard as I'm currently working on a similar project in the company I'm working for (well, we don't use RCP and SAKR, obviously, but we do use CSVs and INIs). I have an idea how to implement it and I think users will like it! Also, that's planned for v1.0 and for the same version I'm planning to share full source code.

The bad news is that I'm very busy with my job. Over the past month and a half, I've been working constantly with little to no free time. Don't get me wrong, I love programming, computers and technology (I work as DevOps engineer), but I don't really feel like spending that little free time sitting in front of the machine as I know I'll stare at the screen for a long time at work.

My original estimate for this feature was about a week or so, but it looks like it'll be a bit more than that. If I can implement it by the end of the Summer, I'd consider it to be a success.

In any case, thanks again for recommendation and kind words. I really appreciate it!

Take care and good luck patching! :)

2 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

Yeah, I kinda figured as you started your own 'repository' with patches :) I'm glad you like it, tho! Thanks for the kind words!

Yes - I plan to implement something similar to functionality you described. It would allow the user to make changes on the go without needing to export data from xEdit again and repeat everything.

The good news? It shouldn't be that hard as I'm currently working on a similar project in the company I'm working for (well, we don't use RCP and SAKR, obviously, but we do use CSVs and INIs). I have an idea how to implement it and I think users will like it! Also, that's planned for v1.0 and for the same version I'm planning to share full source code.

The bad news is that I'm very busy with my job. Over the past month and a half, I've been working constantly with little to no free time. Don't get me wrong, I love programming, computers and technology (I work as DevOps engineer), but I don't really feel like spending that little free time sitting in front of the machine as I know I'll stare at the screen for a long time at work.

My original estimate for this feature was about a week or so, but it looks like it'll be a bit more than that. If I can implement it by the end of the Summer, I'd consider it to be a success.

In any case, thanks again for recommendation and kind words. I really appreciate it!

Take care and good luck patching! :)

I am glad to hear that you have already thought about such a function yourself.
Do not stress, I had not expected that you would impementiren the function in the next few days.
End of the summer sounds good.
I thought of the update function because I'm in the process of converting Vtaw Wardrobe 9 to Fusion Girl, and since it's still a beta and there are still clothing parts to come, it's not much fun to create a SAKR ini from scratch several times with 255 clothing parts already.

23 minutes ago, N.Gamma said:

I am glad to hear that you have already thought about such a function yourself.
Do not stress, I had not expected that you would impementiren the function in the next few days.
End of the summer sounds good.
I thought of the update function because I'm in the process of converting Vtaw Wardrobe 9 to Fusion Girl, and since it's still a beta and there are still clothing parts to come, it's not much fun to create a SAKR ini from scratch several times with 255 clothing parts already.

Couldn't agree more. In the meantime, there's a cheap way to get it done.

Simply export the items you haven't patched yet (the ones that haven't yet been released, for example) and patch them as new ini. Once you've done that, just copy-paste the contents from the new ini to the old one. It's not like Vtaw's going to change the existing FormIDs and/or plugin name, right?

It's a simple solution but it works; I've been doing something similar when I patched WD6, WD7 and WD8. Those packs, despite being extreme in quality, are massive. That's a great thing as it offers so much choice, but for folks who do patching (especially every single item), it gets tedious really fast.

Hope this helps! Thanks again and take care!

9 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

Couldn't agree more. In the meantime, there's a cheap way to get it done.

Simply export the items you haven't patched yet (the ones that haven't yet been released, for example) and patch them as new ini. Once you've done that, just copy-paste the contents from the new ini to the old one. It's not like Vtaw's going to change the existing FormIDs and/or plugin name, right?

It's a simple solution but it works; I've been doing something similar when I patched WD6, WD7 and WD8. Those packs, despite being extreme in quality, are massive. That's a great thing as it offers so much choice, but for folks who do patching (especially every single item), it gets tedious really fast.

Hope this helps! Thanks again and take care!

Yes, Yes, Yes so simple I have not thought at all, thank you!??

Good day. A very good program and in general an approach to the topic of tags for clothes, the question is how to deal with the clothes that are in the Fallout 4 plugin and in all DLS? Can I manually create ini files for vanilla clothes, or is it not necessary, or is it already written somewhere, or will it not work? Sorry if this is a dumb question or if it's already been answered, my English is bad and I'm new to Fallout 4's structure.

2 minutes ago, nikolaskeig said:

Good day. A very good program and in general an approach to the topic of tags for clothes, the question is how to deal with the clothes that are in the Fallout 4 plugin and in all DLS? Can I manually create ini files for vanilla clothes, or is it not necessary, or is it already written somewhere, or will it not work? Sorry if this is a dumb question or if it's already been answered, my English is bad and I'm new to Fallout 4's structure.

Yes, you can create ini files for the forms in Fallout4.esm and the DLC ESMs too. Or you can use some that already exist:

1 hour ago, nikolaskeig said:

You deal with vanilla game items like you would deal with mods - the process is the same. Execute export script in xEdit to get CSV file, then load that CSV into the program and... patch, I guess? :)

Keep in mind that there are a lot of items to process in the base game, and don't forget about DLCs! If I were you, I'd install CCO replacers and use the INIs @vaultbait mentioned here:

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

This is the best and fastest solution. I created my own patches for vanilla game (including DLCs) and I'm planning to share them with the rest of my patches. When? Soon.

Hope this helps.

Take care!

10 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

If I were you, I'd install CCO replacers and use the INIs @vaultbait mentioned

Note that the creator of those actually said:

They were made without any replaces in mind like CCO

They would of course still work with replacers like CCO (or Lazman's, or Ghaan's...) they just may say they're covering more of the body than what the outfits you have in the game are actually covering.

23 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Just a heads up, the DLCCoast.ini ended up inside the DLCRobot folder rather than in the DLCCoast folder. Doesn't break anything, merely confused me for a moment.

Thanks for the report! This is what happens when you constantly delay the new version; you sort of forget about older stuff :P

Thanks again and take care!

• 1 month later...

The directions were crystal clear up until having to create a directory structure. not because they were hard to understand but because I have no idea what that means. So I just dropped the ini right into the robcoTarmor thingy and it worked fine.

great mod though, very easy to use.

13 hours ago, purplenin said:

having to create a directory structure. not because they were hard to understand but because I have no idea what that means. So I just dropped the ini right into the robcoTarmor thingy and it worked fine.

Yes, RobCo Patcher doesn't really care what you name the files or whether you put them in subfolders as long as they're somewhere in its armor folder (either directly or indirectly). The instructions are just trying to help you organize them better in case you end up with lots and lots of files in there.

15 hours ago, purplenin said:

The directions were crystal clear up until having to create a directory structure. not because they were hard to understand but because I have no idea what that means. So I just dropped the ini right into the robcoTarmor thingy and it worked fine.

great mod though, very easy to use.

Yep, my bad. I tried to 'oversimplify' it but it seems like I've done the opposite.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, I really appreciate it! Oh, and big kudos to @vaultbait, she's definitely right when it comes to RobCo Patcher. The instructions I provided are there to help you better organize INIs as at the moment of writing I already had plenty of them and don't want to have them all in the same directory.

Take care!

On 7/24/2023 at 11:24 AM, N.Gamma said:

That would be great, typically when making a single edit I end up reloading the cvs, picking out the single item, saving that to a tmp ini then copy and replacing that entry in the target ini.  

On 9/12/2023 at 11:55 AM, rubber_duck said:

Yep, my bad. I tried to 'oversimplify' it but it seems like I've done the opposite.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, I really appreciate it! Oh, and big kudos to @vaultbait, she's definitely right when it comes to RobCo Patcher. The instructions I provided are there to help you better organize INIs as at the moment of writing I already had plenty of them and don't want to have them all in the same directory.

Take care!

I prefer organizing them in sub-directories the way you describe. I also prefer to use some form of standard to the file naming.

RobCo just searches recursive through that RobCo_Patcher directory - It actually does not care if you put your armor .ini in another directory like weapon, leveledlist or npc, it has to read thru those anyway right? - nor does not care about the file names it just looks for extensions *.ini and reads those. What to do is in the .ini itself afterall. 

But, I sure do like to know what's in a file when I want to find something because I've other things like Armor tag files for FIS, Ballistic weave, Armor Layering and other adjustments in RobCo. 

So I name these (target.esp)_ sakr.ini and FIS (target.esp)_ fis.ini  i.e. VtawWD8_sakr.ini and VtawWD8_fis.ini

I'm using RobCo for so many things, npcs, leveledlist, formslist, etc... I'd bet I have a few dozen more esp/esl in my load order wo it. 

Edited by eflat01
37 minutes ago, eflat01 said:

RobCo just searches recursive through that RobCo_Patcher directory - It actually does not care if you put your armor .ini in another directory like weapon, leveledlist or npc, it has to read thru those anyway right? - nor does not care about the file names it just looks for extensions *.ini and reads those.  

I have never tried, e.g., putting armor configs in the weapon directory. The mod's documentation seems to imply that those top-level directory names are "special" in some way, but maybe not. I probably won't find time to test any time soon, but if someone manages to confirm one way or the other that would be awesome.

10 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I have never tried, e.g., putting armor configs in the weapon directory. The mod's documentation seems to imply that those top-level directory names are "special" in some way, but maybe not. I probably won't find time to test any time soon, but if someone manages to confirm one way or the other that would be awesome.

I've not tried it either but when I looked at the code before it looked like it's just recursively searching the RobCo_Patcher directory up and down looking for *.ini. So just speculating if something actually is the wrong directory it may not matter much since a file itself tells RobCo what to do. 

Still, it's really best to keep that structure organized in some form.

edit: Doublechecked in the code ... the inner directories do mean something and it makes sense, helps to control the order of what may need to be processed first .. last in some measure. 

Edited by eflat01
  • 3 weeks later...

First off, very excellent tutorial. Used the GEN for the first time last night to add the keywords I wanted to DonEb14n's Clothing pack 6. I skipped the whole 'create new mod' process though, and instead just added the new folder and ini file to the unpacked repository, re-compressed with 7-zip and re-installed. 

Worked like a charm.

However, I am confused about the process to follow with your esl ini files.

I have Clothing pack 4.

When I open up the mod in FO4Edit, the form ID's for all the clothing pieces match what you have in the ini file. 

The keywords don't get applied though.

Form ID's in FO4Edit are 6 digits long, as are the Form ID's in the ini.

Do I need to change these to 8 digits?

27 minutes ago, IBAGadget said:

First off, very excellent tutorial. Used the GEN for the first time last night to add the keywords I wanted to DonEb14n's Clothing pack 6. I skipped the whole 'create new mod' process though, and instead just added the new folder and ini file to the unpacked repository, re-compressed with 7-zip and re-installed. 

Worked like a charm.

Glad to hear it!

27 minutes ago, IBAGadget said:

However, I am confused about the process to follow with your esl ini files.

I have Clothing pack 4.

When I open up the mod in FO4Edit, the form ID's for all the clothing pieces match what you have in the ini file. 

The keywords don't get applied though.

Form ID's in FO4Edit are 6 digits long, as are the Form ID's in the ini.

Do I need to change these to 8 digits?

I'm not sure I understand correctly what you're asking me about. Which Clothing Pack 4 are we talking about?

Let's take a look at an example... A line in the ini file for applying keywords looks like this:

filterByArmors=Clothes Pack 4 by DonEb14n.esp|0000EA:keywordsToAdd=SkimpyArmorKeywordResource.esm|00080C

Clothes Pack 4 by DonEb14n.esp - is the plugin name

| - is one of the operators

0000EA - is the FormID of the clothing item (armor)

SkimpyArmorKeywordResource.esm - is another plugin name

| - again, the same operator

00080C - is the FormID of the keyword you want to add

Or to use words, this line will take armor item with FormID 0000EA from Clothes Pack 4 by DonEb14n.esp and modify it by adding keyword which has 00080C as its FormID in SkimpyArmorKeywordResource.esm.

When I compact and add ESL flags to ESPs, I'm only changing FormIDs of the clothing plugins, and my SkimpyArmorKeywordResource.esm is identical to everyone else's as I haven't modified it whatsoever.

Why your keywords didn't get applied?

I don't know.

However, I could help you determining the cause if you answer the following questions:

1) Which clothing item(s) are problematic?

2) How did you obtain those items?

3) Do you have all the requirements properly installed?

If you got the clothing item(s) from the mod Commonwealth Captives Outfit Injector, the keywords won't work for those items as even though it injects existing clothes into form lists, they are actually a brand new items that need to be patched separately.

Hope this helps!

9 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

However, I could help you determining the cause if you answer the following questions:

1) Which clothing item(s) are problematic?

2) How did you obtain those items?

3) Do you have all the requirements properly installed?

If you got the clothing item(s) from the mod Commonwealth Captives Outfit Injector, the keywords won't work for those items as even though it injects existing clothes into form lists, they are actually a brand new items that need to be patched separately.

Hope this helps!

Here's what I have:

1. Clothes Pack 4 by DonEb14n

2. Crafted in Chemlab

3. Yes

I know the patcher is working, as other clothing mods that I have installed that are Default (not ESL) have the keywords applied, as does the INI file that I made for Clothes Pack 6 by DonEb14n last night.

Looking again, however, the Form ID's for Clothes pack 4 in my FO4Edit are 8 digits long, starting with 01. The form ID's for the same items in the corresponding INI are only 6 digits long, and do not have the 01 at the start.

Would either of the following options work:

1. open the INI file and add the leading two digits to all the Form ID's, then save

2. Apply the ESL flag to my ESP, thus removing the leading two digits from the Form ID's